IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 144.
#5851 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Code has made some of the worst games amazing and this game is brand new so give it a chance to mature. I played one and the demogorgan toy didnt even work at all but I still can see potential in this game. I dont think it's going to go down as one of the all time greats but I think it will be a good game.

That’d be great if Stern had a history of maturing code. If lots are turning their backs then Stern is off to the next game. Ask Wrestlemania, Ghostbusters, etc

#5852 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

That’d be great if Stern had a history of maturing code. If lots are turning their backs then Stern is off to the next game. Ask Wrestlemania, Ghostbusters, etc

Dont forget about BKSOR. I cant speak for everyone but im pissed. No updates in almost a year and the code is bare.

#5853 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

There are people who show up to a thread over, and over, and over, and over, to do nothing but bitch. Lets assume this is the single worst game EVER made, why do that to yourself? Its mind boggling. It's like they think we forgot everything they hate if they don't check in to remind us every 5 mins.

Go back and look at some threads 5 years ago.

A lot of good fun characters are GONE and replaced by many malcontent non stop whiners

The redneck hillbilly population has dwindled and that ain’t a good thing

#5854 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Code has made some of the worst games amazing and this game is brand new so give it a chance to mature. I played one and the demogorgan toy didnt even work at all but I still can see potential in this game. I dont think it's going to go down as one of the all time greats but I think it will be a good game.

People don't have a problem with games being updated over time. The issue is the game is being sold code-wise at a near prototype level. The amount of stuff missing is appalling. Lack of code, The empty playfield, The nonexistent quality control is killing this game and people are speaking with their wallets because the game isn't selling well.

#5855 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Let's be real. Stern has matured code for a LOT of games: Batman '66 (disaster at launch, great after 2.5 years), Walking Dead (disaster at launch, great once Lyman blew it up), Deadpool, Game of Thrones (the game that made me love Dwight's pre-Munsters brain), Ghostbusters (the update Dwight and company FINALLY did was very good), KISS, etc...it's not all of them. But in general, if it's a Lonnie code production, it's going to be sloppy and unpolished for all time unless he has an experienced hand come in later to help him finish up. That's why I tend to avoid immature Lonnie releases because it's 25/75 as to whether they'll ever be finished let alone polished. I'm not interested in paying thousands to hold Lonnie's hand while he struggles through his career.

Surprise! Stranger Things is Lonnie.

I really think they should retheme WWE with Stern programmers and personalities instead of wrestlers and pack it with in-jokes. Save it with comedy and blow out the stock clogging the dark corners of Stern distributor's warehouses that's never selling otherwise. Give people that were suckered into buying the Stern 30th Kickstarter book a discount and have their names as hidden callouts in the code as an apology for leaving them hanging. There's PLENTY of Stern material with employees and in-jokes (and they could make fun of competitors, too) if the people have a sense of humor, and fans would eat it up, especially at shows.

#5856 4 years ago

Haters gonna hate. Played the pro for a couple hours couldn’t get off it, it was awesome. Can’t wait for the LE!!!
So geeked. Great theme. Cutting edge pinball.

#5857 4 years ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Haters gonna hate. Played the pro for a couple hours couldn’t get off it, it was awesome. Can’t wait for the LE!!!

Fake news haters are def gonna hate!

Yep, streams I’ve seen look great to me. I have faith in Eddy and Mike V to finish it out great

Stern is crushing it right now. JP and Elvira are fantastic!

And if you don’t like this one, how about some Turtles around the corner, or Back to the Future?

Ahhh yes, greatest time ever for pinball

#5858 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

People don't have a problem with games being updated over time. The issue is the game is being sold code-wise at a near prototype level. The amount of stuff missing is appalling. Lack of code, The empty playfield, The nonexistent quality control is killing this game and people are speaking with their wallets because the game isn't selling well.

wtf are u even taking about. Code is NOT prototype level. That was BM66. Get your facts straight brother

Deadpool early on? You own it

#5859 4 years ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Haters gonna hate.

image000000o (resized).pngimage000000o (resized).png
#5860 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Yeah, let's create a safe space for this man, please

The Pinball Network?.........

#5861 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Fake news haters are def gonna hate!
Yep, streams I’ve seen look great to me. I have faith in Eddy and Mike V to finish it out great
Stern is crushing it right now. JP and Elvira are fantastic!
And if you don’t like this one, how about some Turtles around the corner, or Back to the Future?
Ahhh yes, greatest time ever for pinball

Jurassic Park and Elvira are great but in comparison Stranger Things is disappointing, sure they can make better code and fix the playfield and mechanical issues but nothing is going to fix the layout and barren playfield. Unless the redo it which they have never done

#5862 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

wtf are u even taking about. Code is NOT prototype level. That was BM66. Get your facts straight brother
Deadpool early on? You own it

I bought my deapool used 7 months after the game was released and by that time the code had been fixed. For the amount of money we are spending on these games the code should be a bit more developed than what we have had in the last 2 years

#5863 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Jurassic Park and Elvira are great but in comparison Stranger Things is disappointing, sure they can make better code and fix the playfield and mechanical issues but nothing is going to fix the layout and barren playfield. Unless the redo it which they have never done

So what? I have JP and Elvira

STH is NOT disappointing to me. Maybe it is to some

I’ve heard the same BS with TWD and BM66. Two of the best ever AND if you think BM66 has a great layout then you are clueless. It’s simple and basic and somewhat easy. Yet it’s NOW a great pin

Buy what you like. You haven’t even seen a video of Rick more than 60 seconds and it’s the next coming. Lol

I’m happy with my purchase “by comparison” because it’s a great theme

#5864 4 years ago

The amount of pre owned ST games for sale should tell you everything. Its not a keeper

#5865 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I bought my deapool used 7 months after the game was released and by that time the code had been fixed. For the amount of money we are spending on these games the code should be a bit more developed than what we have had in the last 2 years

Then don’t spend it dude. That simple.

Or better yet. WAIT until it’s done to decide if you can’t see it now like Deadpool

Let

It

Develop

#5866 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Have you even played an LE or premium yet? Your feigned sarcasm is smarmy and unnecessary. If you don’t like the game, why continue to bash it. We get it, you don’t like it.
But I have played it and can tell you 99% of the bitching is way off. Projector is bright and clear, game plays fast and smooth, demo is easy to hit. It’s a fun game.
When are the pinside mods going to institute a “no trolling” rule? This continued trolling has caused several that I know to swear off this toxic site and environment, including those in the industry.

Trolling. Lol. You stated POTC was basically a mess so we all should stay away. My comment to that was POTC is packed vs ST. Come on dude. So yeah, Pirates should have a lot more issues and adjustments. Common sense. A friend has ST pro and the day he got it we were adjusting things.

#5867 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

The amount of pre owned ST games for sale should tell you everything. Its not a keeper

You own two games. Typical jealous hate? There are a shitload of pre owned games for sale! Get a clue man

Anything is a keeper for you

#5868 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You own two games. Typical jealous hate? There are a shitload of pre owned games for sale! Get a clue man

Not every game is going to be for everyone. Just not going to happen. Doesn’t matter who makes it. People just play the pins first, then decide if you love it or hate it. It’s simple.

#5869 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You haven’t even seen a video of Rick more than 60 seconds and it’s the next coming. Lol

Quoted from iceman44:

Typical jealous hate?

Cmon Ice, your subtle trolling of R&M is wearing a bit thin.

#5870 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cmon Ice, you’re subtle trolling of R&M is wearing a bit thin.

I’m not trolling Rick Cook? Haven’t seen it yet. Nobody has

And it’s not allowed anyhow

You want to bang on STH? Knock yourself out

#5871 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m not trolling Rick Cook? Haven’t seen it yet. Nobody has
And it’s not allowed anyhow
You want to bang on STH? Knock yourself out

It’s allowed...just got to be sneaky like you’re doing. You’re experienced enough to work it out

When’s your StrTh coming? Must be soon. Looking forward to playing the PreLe but not sure how many will be on location. A couple of friends are getting one though.

#5872 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s allowed...just got to be sneaky like you’re doing. You’re experienced enough to work it out
When’s your StrTh coming? Must be soon. Looking forward to playing the PreLe but not sure how many will be on location. A couple of friends are getting one though.

How did you know you sneaky bastard!

I’m lmao right now.

I’m really enjoying JP and Elvira a lot

Looking forward to getting STHLE in next week or two depending on my distro who has been very delinquent lately

Have Wonka CE coming next week so I don’t know. Maybe both of them suck?

I’m gonna have fun anyhow

#5873 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just started getting games, but ive played tons. I would a regular job im sorry im not loaded and have 10 games like everyone else. So the games i chose to buy are games i love and are worth it. Talking about the fact that i only own 2 games is irrelevant to the fact that ST basically the ford pinto of pinball machines. Soon you won't even be able to give them away

#5874 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cmon Ice, your subtle trolling of R&M is wearing a bit thin.

Hes pissed cause R&M is a much better designed and playing game than ST. Thats cause Scott Danesi is an awesome designer

#5875 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Hes pissed cause R&M is a much better designed and playing game than ST. Thats cause Scott Danesi is an awesome designer

He’s just pissed because he already has 6 other games on order and the 7 just seemed excessive.

#5876 4 years ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Guess you didnt mind the ball hitting the sling everytime it came down the left orbit

#5877 4 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Guess you didnt mind the ball hitting the sling everytime it came down the left orbit

That sounds like a setup issue to me. I've played tons of games on location that hit the sling off of the orbit. Usually it is a pitch issue. I'm not saying it is, but is it just one game doing it or all Stranger Things?

#5878 4 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Stranger Slings.

rd

#5879 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

That sounds like a setup issue to me. I've played tons of games on location that hit the sling off of the orbit. Usually it is a pitch issue. I'm not saying it is, but is it just one game doing it or all Stranger Things?

Mine doesn’t do it at all. Setup for sure. Like anything else.

#5880 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine doesn’t do it at all. Setup for sure. Like anything else.

Here:

And here

And here

And here

I am talking about the release from the mystery.... like find me a game on youtube where this doesnt happen... I mean doesnt happen like MM doesnt happen from the castle kickout.

#5881 4 years ago

I’ll be streaming my LE at noon eastern today. You can see for yourself then!

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Come hangout! I’ll do my best to answer any questions anyone might have about the game.

#5882 4 years ago

Alright guys... let me say this. This is the my first NIB LE and I was nervous. BUT.. I tweaked my game, found that the issues I had were minimal (Ball stuck in shooter lane —- so i bend the metal out and it shoots fine ...... Demigorgan gate was sticking —— it fell out of its mount and I put it back in place) NO BIG DEAL

I need another day of game time to finalize my thoughts, but as of now I put over 50 games on it yesterday and I absolutely love it. I won’t elaborate on the million posts about code and call outs because everyone else has done it...It will all come in time and will only excite me more every time Stern announces an update.

But this is what I instantly noticed about THIS game over the last two days when I had friends over to play..... I purposely invited people over that know pinball and others that don’t know pinball. The ones who don’t care about pinball were fascinated with Stranger Things and that’s all they wanted to play.. THEN, they called me yesterday and asked if they could come over again to play some more. This time they played it again and everything else I own and loved it. When they left... they became new fans of pinball in general... Now THAT my friends is what I love to see. This is the best age for pinball right now, and it’s only going to get better. This game is a blast and the LE package is stunning. I do not have buyers remorse. If you’re on the fence...Go get a Premium. You won’t regret it.

#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with most of your posts, but easy with the 2 game owner hate!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Come hangout! I’ll do my best to answer any questions anyone might have about the game.

Look forward to it!

#5885 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

R&M is a better playing game? Can I borrow your delorean ? I would like to go back in time and place some bets.

#5886 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I’m saving my thoughts until I fix the random issues I’m finding throughout the playfield. Here’s an obvious, yet easily remedied issue right out of the box..[quoted image]

That's an AC/DC Big Balls

#5887 4 years ago

My only
Take away from the past 2 pages is that Iceman REALLY thinks “fake news” is a shut down burn. Come on bro get some fresh material!

#5888 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My only
Take away from the past 2 pages is that Iceman REALLY thinks “fake news” is a shut down burn. Come on bro get some fresh material!

I was just thinking the same thing! Need something harsher and more appropriate

I’ve got a few ideas

#5889 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was just thinking the same thing! Need something harsher and more appropriate
I’ve got a few ideas

Surely a man of your means can afford some better writers!

I know some talent out of work guys and gals who may be able to help.

#5890 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Surely a man of your means can afford some better writers!
I know some talent out of work guys and gals who may be able to help.

I can’t post my real feelings. It wouldn’t be safe for viewing

Where have you been? Taking a break from Stern Army? Just leaving me to it

#5891 4 years ago

I don’t understand those who only got an unpopulated playfield saying it gives them piece of mind for resale. Since the amount of people who can actually do a swap is tiny doesn’t that mean the pool of potential buyers will be tiny? Not to mention I would want a good discount on a game that I had to repopulate. Good luck with that. I wouldn’t buy a cratered/chipping Stern just because it comes with an unpopulated playfield. That’s a huge job to undertake.

#5892 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My only

Also never misses a chance to let you know how much he has and that anyone who doesn't have as much as him, but offers an argument that he doesn't agree with is simply jealous.

#5893 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My only
Take away from the past 2 pages is that Iceman REALLY thinks

Nah!

#5894 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I agree with most of your posts, but easy with the 2 game owner hate!

Look forward to it!

Quoted from corvair61:

Alright guys... let me say this. This is the my first NIB LE and I was nervous. BUT.. I tweaked my game, found that the issues I had were minimal (Ball stuck in shooter lane —- so i bend the metal out and it shoots fine ...... Demigorgan gate was sticking —— it fell out of its mount and I put it back in place) NO BIG DEAL
I need another day of game time to finalize my thoughts, but as of now I put over 50 games on it yesterday and I absolutely love it. I won’t elaborate on the million posts about code and call outs because everyone else has done it...It will all come in time and will only excite me more every time Stern announces an update.
But this is what I instantly noticed about THIS game over the last two days when I had friends over to play..... I purposely invited people over that know pinball and others that don’t know pinball. The ones who don’t care about pinball were fascinated with Stranger Things and that’s all they wanted to play.. THEN, they called me yesterday and asked if they could come over again to play some more. This time they played it again and everything else I own and loved it. When they left... they became new fans of pinball in general... Now THAT my friends is what I love to see. This is the best age for pinball right now, and it’s only going to get better. This game is a blast and the LE package is stunning. I do not have buyers remorse. If you’re on the fence...Go get a Premium. You won’t regret it.

This is real news. Happy you enjoying your game! And that your friends are too. This is what pinball is all about. Having fun!!!

#5895 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

I just started getting games, but ive played tons. I would a regular job im sorry im not loaded and have 10 games like everyone else. So the games i chose to buy are games i love and are worth it. Talking about the fact that i only own 2 games is irrelevant to the fact that ST basically the ford pinto of pinball machines. Soon you won't even be able to give them away

No it goes straight to you just hating on the game for hate sake when you make comments like that which are plain ignorant.

It's the "ford pinto" of pinball machines. Are you Kaneda's brother or just a parrot of his.

#5896 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Happy you're enjoying your game! And that your friends are too. This is what pinball is all about. Having fun!

See? This post proves that iceman CAN be chill.

#5897 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great job on the stream! Looking forward to my LE. Did you do anything specific in set up to ensure ball didn’t hit left slings as it comes down the left side?

Your LE sure looked like it played smooth. Any other feedback?

#5898 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can’t post my real feelings. It wouldn’t be safe for viewing
Where have you been? Taking a break from Stern Army? Just leaving me to it

As you and others are so happy to point out I don’t have “skin in the game” as I don’t buy NIB, and there’s only so many times I can point out how tons of nib buyers are insane drama queens. Stern makes em and I play em.

I don’t loathe stranger things as many do, but I do see how it comes off as a little half baked considering they worked on it for 2 years. Regardless, I like playing it, and if the ridiculous predictions that it’ll be worth $2500 and a ham sandwich in a year are true I’ll certainly be picking up several.

At this point I’m just looking forward to the next stern release in a month or two so we can all move on. It’s getting to the point of parody where every single person who has either bought a stranger things, has decided not to buy a stranger things, or is still trying to make up their mind on buying a stranger things thinks they need to post a fresh thread detailing their entire emotional journey.

Who needs me in a thread making fun of this shit when it makes fun of itself?

Also, dimpling.

#5899 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Great job on the stream! Looking forward to my LE. Did you do anything specific in set up to ensure ball didn’t hit left slings as it comes down the left side?
Your LE sure looked like it played smooth. Any other feedback?

No special setup. It’s a bit shallow at around 6.6-6.7 Degrees and level side to side.

Just need to get the demo shot figured out and the magnet lock to be lore consistent and I’ll be a pig in shit. I’m seriously BLOWN away by this sound package.

#5900 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No it goes straight to you just hating on the game for hate sake when you make comments like that which are plain ignorant.
It's the "ford pinto" of pinball machines. Are you Kaneda's brother or just a parrot of his.

Pinside is FILLED with “podcaster shills” these days who just parrot what they hear and think we won’t notice their brilliant thoughts are just second-hand regurgitation of what someone else said on line. It’s like someone who quotes a Simpsons joke and thinks the rest of us aren’t gonna realize we know they didn’t come up with it.

Even D-list pinball podcasters are doing it now. Remember that nobody who kept calling us “pinside babies” here because we said his material sucked?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/118?hl=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.