IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 144.
#5751 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

He rates 13 games as perfect 10.000. Then for 25 pins, he goes Soviet Judge and rates below 6.5 and down to 2. I'd take this w/a grain of salt.

I also voted Batman Dark Knight (movie) a perfect 10. Do you have a problem with someone liking something? My rating is my opinion last I checked this is America, we have the freedom to our own opinion. If you don't think a game is a perfect 10 then that is your opinion. With all that being said I love how you change the subject. Stranger Things is about to fall out of the not top 100, but top 200. Stern doesn't get our support by default they need to earn it.

But just for you I'm going to change my rating for Creature from the Black Lagoon so it's a 9.9 instead of a 10 because I really want your support! You rate games the way you see fit and I'll do the same!

#5752 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I also voted Batman Dark Knight (movie) a perfect 10. Do you have a problem with someone liking something? My rating is my opinion last I checked this is America, we have the freedom to our own opinion. If you don't think a game is a perfect 10 then that is your opinion. With all that being said I love how you change the subject. Stranger Things is about to fall out of the not top 100, but top 200. Stern doesn't get our support by default they need to earn it.
But just for you I'm going to change my rating for Creature from the Black Lagoon so it's a 9.9 instead of a 10 because I really want your support! You rate games the way you see fit and I'll do the same!

If you use a rating system and rate stuff without any relation to each other you‘re basically undermining the system, or as you’d put it: Burning the flag as your way to express your freedom of opinion.

Happily awaiting moderation notice.

#5753 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If you use a rating system and rate stuff without any relation to each other you‘re basically undermining the system, or as you’d put it:

You're making NO SENSE at all... I rate a game, movie, a new ride at an amusement park, a place you go eat anything based on how much I like it. Everything in the World now is about rating something. Every single person on the planet is now a critic which is why we no longer see FAMOUS movie critics... they're old news.

My rating is my rating. Your rating is your rating. This is about the silliest thing anyone could discuss. I'm sure at this point Stern hopes the rating for Stranger Things goes away... not good!

#5754 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

You are 100 percent entitled to your opinion. You have every right to give a bad review or good review to any game as you see fit, no problem whatsoever. That said, you have 31 posts in a thread titled "Stern Stranger Things". You have every right to hate this game, but literally every post is shitting on not only the game, but the show, which you find "hard to follow". So, I gotta ask, what is going on in your life to make you feel compelled to show up to the same place over and over, just to shit on something. You have a ton of amazing games, and obviously are doing well in life, so I am genuinely curious why you feel compelled to be so negative about something.

#5755 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The rating system is flawed. I don't know why people get amped up about it. Rate a game as you see fit and don't worry about what others think. If people buy games based on ratings, they are selling themselves short. Avengers and Baywatch are two games I love, but get low ratings. I rated st 7.3, which is low for me, I like the game a lot, but it's failing in a number of categories, code and callouts being one of them as well as the artwork, at least for the pro. I'll adjust my rating when the game matures and I expect it to be a much better game. Stern has to improve code at release.

#5756 4 years ago

I have had Stranger Things Pro on location at The Flipper Room for about a week. People are loving it. Clearly it has some pinsiders up in arms, but the general public and league players are really enjoying it. Lots of code left to finish for sure. But it's a fun shooter, with fun modes. I'm sure it will get more interesting and challenging as updates are released. We have not had any ball lock issues. Did have to adjust the demogorgan to make it achievable, but there hasn't been a Stern that I haven't had to adjust NIB so it wasn't surprising.

My guess is once the code gets more complete and more people actually play it, this game won't get so much hate.

#5757 4 years ago

Note to self: I know where not to play pinball when I am in St. Louis

#5758 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Why worry about my opinion of your ratings when I'm allowed to have an opinion about your ratings which you are allowed to have because they're just opinions?

#5759 4 years ago

I was playing my MET Premium last night and remembering how I paid $6400 NIB delivered to my door for it.

After all this talk about Stranger Things, I really paid attention to just what my $6400 bought me only a few years ago.

It bought:

1) Bad ass sculpted Sparky toy with some awesome callouts. The detail on it, sitting in the chair is so sick. The effect of him getting electrocuted is so cool and never gets old.

2) The motorized cross that pops up for Master of Puppets multiball.

3) The Hammer. Magnet holds the ball, Hammer slams the ball under the playfield for one of the coolest ball locks in pinball (in my opinion)

4) Motorized snake toy. Shoot the ball into the snakes mouth, which also acts as a ball lock and can spit it back at you

5) Metal ramps. Love those, just the sound of the ball hitting them is great, and of course metal rails.

6) Custom hand drawn artwork on the playfield, translite, and cabinet. No photoshop here.

7) Callouts are great to me - in my opinion - but especially Sparky. So much time went into this.

8 ) The code. It's Lyman. Enough said.

Now, most of us already know about MET and I just sang to the choir. I get it. But compare the two playfields and it becomes abundantly clear- this may be the lowest budget pinball machine Stern has released in years besides games like Whoa Nellie and the Pabst Blue ribbon machines.

The main feature is just a very cheaply made sculpt with a ramp in the middle to hit it. There are no other features other than some plastic ramps. There's just nothing else. A magnet the holds the ball on the Premium? Well, theres 3x magnets on MET.

I am not trashing Stranger Things. I just think this theme could have been so much better if they just had put some more effort into this one, and that truly is a bummer. Especially seeing as how Stranger Things is at least is $1300+ more expensive as well (from what I paid)
STh (resized).jpgSTh (resized).jpg

MET.jpgMET.jpg
#5760 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I am genuinely curious why you feel compelled to be so negative about something.

No not being negative just being honest. Stern needs to stop taking their customers for granted, asking the highest prices ever while not even coming close to what other pinball suppliers offer in that price range. If you're going to ask 9200 dollars for a game, you need to bring it! Why can't they add giant TV screens, a better rail system under the playfield, lots of toys and mechs, and why plastic rails for 9k plus?????? When you're asking 9000 plus for a game they need to do a better job. That isn't being negative its called expecting more from a company fully capable of doing it. When you push your games into or even past JJP pricing (Elvira) (Beatles) then you need to do a better job. Plastic Toys cost PENNIES where are they even on the LE? This game could have kids on a bike, police car, a demi dog or whatever that is , it could have a lot of things and it doesn't. Just think you can buy a Wizard of Oz (used) right now for about the same price as a Stranger Things LE. What do you get ... two upper playfields, giant screen, a crystal ball, a castle, the list goes on... and what does Stern offer here for the same price? I'm not being negative, just shedding some reality that Stern doesn't get free passes just because they're Stern. Shame on me for wanting MORE when Stern asks for so much!

Quoted from Lermods:

The rating system is flawed. I don't know why people get amped up about it

I agree! If you think a game is a 10 rated it a 10. Go for it. If you think a game is a 5 out of 10 how can anyone argue? Its your opinion!

#5761 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

But compare the two playfields and it becomes abundantly clear- this may be the lowest budget pinball machine Stern has released in years besides games like Whoa Nellie and the Pabst Blue ribbon machines.

Times have certainly changed. When I'm eyeing up my Stern Trek Premium and looking at my Stranger Things LE on its way off the line it makes you wonder where things went south. If Stern needs to cut costs and charge us more to stay in business, I'd say so be it! Fuck the world it would be miserable without them. Besides TNA I can't be fucked with any of the other "new" manufacturers out there. Although I'm waiting for that JJP game to drop that raises the pulse just above stone cold dead (not interested in "family" titles).

#5762 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

this may be the lowest budget pinball machine Stern has released in years besides games like Whoa Nellie and the Pabst Blue ribbon machines.

Munsters Pro would like to have a word with you.

#5763 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I was playing my MET Premium last night and remembering how I paid $6400 NIB delivered to my door for it.

After all this talk about Stranger Things, I really paid attention to just what my $6400 bought me only a few years ago.

I love the review and the point you're trying to make!!! Great job! I agree with your post 110%!

#5764 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

No not being negative just being honest. Stern needs to stop taking their customers for granted, asking the highest prices ever while not even coming close to what other pinball suppliers offer in that price range. If you're going to ask 9200 dollars for a game, you need to bring it! Why can't they add giant TV screens, a better rail system under the playfield, lots of toys and mechs, and why plastic rails for 9k plus?????? When you're asking 9000 plus for a game they need to do a better job. That isn't being negative its called expecting more from a company fully capable of doing it. When you push your games into or even past JJP pricing (Elvira) (Beatles) then you need to do a better job. Plastic Toys cost PENNIES where are they even on the LE? This game could have kids on a bike, police car, a demi dog or whatever that is , it could have a lot of things and it doesn't. Just think you can buy a Wizard of Oz (used) right now for about the same price as a Stranger Things LE. What do you get ... two upper playfields, giant screen, a crystal ball, a castle, the list goes on... and what does Stern offer here for the same price? I'm not being negative, just shedding some reality that Stern doesn't get free passes just because they're Stern. Shame on me for wanting MORE when Stern asks for so much!

I agree! If you think a game is a 10 rated it a 10. Go for it. If you think a game is a 5 out of 10 how can anyone argue? Its your opinion!

There is a difference in being honest, and just rambling on for 30 plus posts about how garbage everything is. Literally before you knew ANYTHING about the game you felt compelled to talk about your disdain for the show itself. You literally had ZERO interest in the game, yet shit on it, for 30 plus posts. If that isn't being negative, I would hate to see how you define it.

You are obsessing over something you have no control over. We get it, you hate the game, hate the show, and hate every single aspect of the machine. There will literally ALWAYS be a game with more technical value than (insert random game x here), who cares? I have the game sitting next to Metallica, which is a masterpiece in my opinion, yet I have 500 plays in just over 2 weeks on Stranger Things, and look forward to cracking a beer and playing more tonight.

#5765 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

There is a difference in being honest, and just rambling on for 30 plus posts about how garbage everything is. Literally before you knew ANYTHING about the game you felt compelled to talk about your disdain for the show itself. You literally had ZERO interest in the game, yet shit on it, for 30 plus posts. If that isn't being negative, I would hate to see how you define it.
You are obsessing over something you have no control over. We get it, you hate the game, hate the show, and hate every single aspect of the machine. There will literally ALWAYS be a game with more technical value than (insert random game x here), who cares? I have the game sitting next to Metallica, which is a masterpiece in my opinion, yet I have 500 plays in just over 2 weeks on Stranger Things, and look forward to cracking a beer and playing more tonight.

Don't worry what this troll has to say...Back on Topic. I fixed the gate issue on my Strangers things; took literally two seconds...And proceeded to blow up the scoreboard; I'm continuing to love this pin; it's a supreme rush...Having a hot multiball is key to getting a great score; plus lighting 2x scoring and then blowing up the 2nd demo mode can net you 100-200mil+ in bonuses. Good times

#5766 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Your're trying to reason with the unstable. Don't waste your time.

#5767 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Your're trying to reason with the unstable. Don't waste your time.

„If you‘re reasoning with an idiot, two idiots are reasoning“

#5768 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Don't worry what this troll has to say...Back on Topic. I fixed the gate issue on my Strangers things; took literally two seconds...And proceeded to blow up the scoreboard; I'm continuing to love this pin; it's a supreme rush...Having a hot multiball is key to getting a great score; plus lighting 2x scoring and then blowing up the 2nd demo mode can net you 100-200mil+ in bonuses. Good times

Very nice. Gave mine the first wax last night. Fast and smooth, felt great. Also went ahead and replace the rubber with some proper Titans.

#5769 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Munsters Pro would like to have a word with you.

Yep. Welcome to the suck...

munsters_pro_under_Pf_sml (resized).jpgmunsters_pro_under_Pf_sml (resized).jpg
#5770 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep. Welcome to the suck...[quoted image]

I've never actually seen the underside of a new Stern. Do all the board still have replaceable bulbs and sockets? Or are they like those little boards that the LED is right on the board?

#5771 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Right. And here's what people were saying when it came out:

Quoted from goodgameslover:

So Metallica would be around 7650 euro if rumor is true. This is really getting out of hand Stern! Since Avatar LE and Metallica LE the extra price is a "the pin", a whopping 2500 euro in 2 years!!
Crazy!

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Why is there no shaker? People bought it without one. Stern is the only one who ripped themselves off by not charging a few hundred more and making hundreds more units.
If you want more value for your money, don't buy this game. blockquote>

I received a Metallica Monster Premium yesterday (originally called the 'Dirty Donny' edition).
Stock speakers, not improved but regular size, cheap, wimpy sub and head speakers.
Stock hardware, regular black crinkle legs, lockdown and side rails. (not even the "armor" side rails with the button protectors, just the cheapest ones they have)
Mediocre T-mold on the head that needed to be smoothed out.
Compared to ACDC Premium, this pin is a bit of a rip-off value wise. Heck it was a couple hundred *more* than ACDC Premium but it's missing $500 to $600 worth of the upgrades that used to set a Premium apart from the Pro. (ACDC Premium was $6200 delivered, this was $6400)
So now I'm ordering speaker upgrades, side armor and considering powder coated hardware.
Is this going to be the future of Stern Premium pins? If it is, then it's no longer a good value. Either go for the LE or stick with a Pro.
Other than that it plays great and is a fun game, just NOT what I expected out of a Premium price tag.

Quoted from jaydawg0006:

I think stern has had some really good games and a lot of mediocre games but the thing that bothers me is that they raise prices and cut quality at the same time. How expensive is it to put another coat of clear on a pf or add more Mylar and cliffy like protectors for scoops? Just spending another $20 per game in costs could add to their quality but then they wouldn't make as much money. I like the metal protector they put around the snake but they couldn't have done that to the mystery hole and the coffin magnet?
They also cheapened with the powder coating.

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Just want to say to anyone on the fence, to get off the fence and go buy a Metallica Pro. Played the premium first and was not impressed for the price difference.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I've played both pretty extensively and IMO the price difference between the Pro & Premium is not warranted. When it was first released I thought it would be a big difference between the models but after playing them I found there is not.

etc. etc. etc.

The moral here is 1) people will always bitch about everything, and 2) if you think Metallica Premium is better than ST you should buy a Metallica Premium instead. Plenty out there. Doesn't have anything to do with this game though.

#5772 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I've never actually seen the underside of a new Stern. Do all the board still have replaceable bulbs and sockets? Or are they like those little boards that the LED is right on the board?

The GI is socketed, but the light is via the light boards, not bulbs. It's essentially how I accidentally became pin monk, offering filter brackets to colorize the LEDs for the boring white inserts by suspending colored filters between them and the inserts on newer Sterns.
iron_maiden_fireball-compare_sml-w-logo (resized).jpgiron_maiden_fireball-compare_sml-w-logo (resized).jpgiron_maiden_fireball_bracket_small (resized).jpgiron_maiden_fireball_bracket_small (resized).jpg

#5773 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The GI is socketed, but the light is via the light boards, not bulbs. It's essentially how I accidentally became pin monk, offering filter brackets to colorize the LEDs for the boring white inserts by suspending colored filters between them and the inserts on newer Sterns.
[quoted image][quoted image]

First I’m seeing this. Cool idea!

Call me old fashioned but I’m going to miss 555 and 44

#5774 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

First I’m seeing this. Cool idea!
Call me old fashioned but I’m going to miss 555 and 44

Basically when each new Stern comes out, I'm drawn to the white "unfinished" inserts and have a NEED to "finish" them, especially if there's a lot of them. Brian Eddy seems to have at least fleshed out the insert coloring for Stranger Things, so points for that.

Deadpool, Ghostbusters, XMEN, and Iron Maiden, especially have a LOT of white inserts that needed attention. Not matching the MODE LIGHTS to the RGB arrow colors on Iron Maiden was especially bad attention to detail.

I miss the 555, 44, 47's etc, too. Having to swap out a whole board when you have an LED go bad is dumb, but it's where we're at. I just need to suck it up and work on my surface mount repair skills so I can do SM board work.

#5775 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I like it! Night and day difference

#5776 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right. And here's what people were saying when it came out:

etc. etc. etc.
The moral here is 1) people will always bitch about everything, and 2) if you think Metallica Premium is better than ST you should buy a Metallica Premium instead. Plenty out there. Doesn't have anything to do with this game though.

I think you are missing the point. I already have MET. I'd also like a Stranger Things.

Just look at the comparison of both of the playfields, side by side. What do you think happened here?

#5777 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think you are missing the point. I already have MET. I'd also like a Stranger Things.
Just look at the comparison of both of the playfields, side by side. What do you think happened here?

I'm not sure what happened, except Stranger Things would look pretty funny with Sparky, a big hammer, or a sculpted snake.

#5778 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure what happened, except Stranger Things would look pretty funny with Sparky, a big hammer, or a sculpted snake.

Come on dude. We know Stranger Things wouldnt have a sparky, hammer or a snake.

Imagine if Stranger Things had the effort, creativity, and amount of detailed interactive objects on it. You can only imagine how sick the machine would have been if it was mechanically and creatively equal to MET. That is the point.

MET is the Lamborghini equivalent of a pinball machine
STh is the Chevy Camaro

But in this situation, STh has the bigger window sticker.

I know, Cargument.. waaaa you get the point though

#5779 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Imagine if Stranger Things had the effort, creativity, and amount of detailed interactive objects on it. You can only imagine how sick the machine would have been if it was mechanically and creatively equal to MET. That is the point.
STh is the Chevy Camaro

I think that you mean that ST is the chevy malibu.
given how little is in a pro ST, it doesn't even deserve the [muscle car] analogy

#5780 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

STh is the Chevy Camaro

Billy drives a Camaro, you talkin smack?

#5781 4 years ago

The Metallica LE was the beginning of the end for “flipper profit”. Stern is now putting that money in their pockets. Right or wrong it is what it is.

We all remember people crawling all over themselves to buy those LEs to flip. GB was the last one that got flippers excited

And yet fast forward to today, Stern has record sales year over year for the past few years

JPLE is one of the best ever, ElviraLE is another great fun pin that will only get better thanks to Lyman and STHLE remains to be seen for me, great theme!

#5782 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

„If you‘re reasoning with an idiot, two idiots are reasoning“

Is that why you like reasoning with me?

#5783 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep. Welcome to the suck...[quoted image]

Omg that's hilarious

#5784 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

When Met came out people were complaining about the layout that was too similar to AFM, they were complaining that it was too expensive and too stripped down, they were complaining about the early code, they were complaining that Sparky lacked the interactivity of the mother ship on AFM. Fast forward to the present and you find Met is loved and the new game complainers are saying the same things about Stranger Things. I think Met is a great game, and I also think Stranger Things deserves a chance.

#5785 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

When Met came out people were complaining about the layout that was too similar to AFM, they were complaining that it was too expensive and too stripped down, they were complaining about the early code, they were complaining that Sparky lacked the interactivity of the mother ship on AFM. Fast forward to the present and you find Met is loved and the new game complainers are saying the same things about Stranger Things. I think Met is a great game, and I also think Stranger Things deserves a chance.

With the constant cost reduction march toward suck almost every Stern in the past looks better than now.

#5786 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

True, if only MET buyers then knew what the future would look like they'd have appreciated it more!

Great point though.

We should be really praising how loaded STh is currently, because in a few years, Stern games will look like this (at an MSRP of $9,999) and we'll all look dumb whining about Stranger Things

2c0f5ef446210f69c477c3d8aa444b09--pinball-wood-pinball-design (resized).jpg2c0f5ef446210f69c477c3d8aa444b09--pinball-wood-pinball-design (resized).jpg
#5787 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The Metallica LE was the beginning of the end for “flipper profit”. Stern is now putting that money in their pockets. Right or wrong it is what it is.
We all remember people crawling all over themselves to buy those LEs to flip. GB was the last one that got flippers excited
And yet fast forward to today, Stern has record sales year over year for the past few years
JPLE is one of the best ever, ElviraLE is another great fun pin that will only get better thanks to Lyman and STHLE remains to be seen for me, great theme!

That's just it. Theme saves this game's ass. But, I don't want to buy a headache. So, if they come up with fixes to all that ails this game physically, I'm an owner.

#5788 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is that why you like reasoning with me?

#5789 4 years ago

Anyone bothered by the comparatively minimal adjustments needed on Stranger Things would be well advised to steer clear of JJPOTC.

#5790 4 years ago

So I’m re-watching stranger things on Netflix this morning on my day off. Starting with season 1. Wanted to go back and see where they got all the callouts for the game. Such an awesome show.

#5791 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Ive been on my pro STH for a bit over a week, at the same time I’ve had a Willy Wonka LE come in. The rush I get from STH makes WW pale into comparison.
Yes, the quality is non comparable. JJP is on another level. But it was also 5k more.
But for gameplay, STH is just incredibly exiting and so so addictive. More than any recent game I care to remember. STH is going to be a classic.

#5792 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Well if Cary Hardy thinks it’s bad, I guess I won’t even try it.

#5793 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

STh is the Chevy Camaro

Hey I take offense to that statement. I own a Chevy Camaro..

#5794 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You are obsessing over something you have no control over. We get it, you hate the game, hate the show, and hate every single aspect of the machine. T

Listen up my brother... I don't hate anything except spinach. Oh yeah I also hate broccoli it just doesn't look right get what I'm saying? LOL

Let me respond here I don't hate the game, don't hate the show, nor do I hate every single aspect of the game. Lastly I haven't ranted for 30 posts against the game. I have actually given credit to Stern for trying something new with the video mapping. My issue has nothing to do with this game as much as Stern seems more interested in being the fastest to market. Look at JJP they get hammered constantly for taking forever to release a game... but honestly is there something wrong there? Yes they make us wait but look at the final results just look at POTC as an example.

Stranger Things can be a great theme, but where is the theming, toys, code, and unique playfield? Everyone I talk to say the game seems RUSHED! Why not take your time and get it right? Why not find some cool pinball ranting fools like yourself, to come in and preview the game much like they do a new movie, give feedback? I will have no wine until it's time see the point? I want to see Stern slow down, get the code done, allow pinball people to sign NDA to play and critique the game, I want them to take that feedback and improve. Instead I think what we get is let's be the fastest to market.

Deep Root seems to be taking their deep sweet time hopefully it ends up being worth the wait!

Stranger Things to me anyway is another example of Stern doing very little to create that theme under the glass, rushing the game to capitalize on the popularity. Stern has had a lot of misses over the past 18 months and this is clearly another one... the game is ranked 198. That's not good! My other issue is when you're asking for 9200 dollars you need to deliver 9200 worth of game... was that done here?

I just feel like Stern isn't being held accountable around here when they clearly do something that screams, oh we tried now off to the next game a couple months later. You look at a company like RAW THRILLS they don't put out new games at this pace, no one does. Stern needs to slow down and get these right , maybe hire more TOP 25 pinball players to design games like the STUD KE. When Keith designs a game you see passion what do you see here? THEME THE GAMES to the best of your ability hold nothing back then release the game to the public no matter how long that process takes per game. Not to much to ask!

You can say whatever you want about me, I'm just wanting Stern to be the best Stern can be! Nothing more or less.

#5795 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Anyone bothered by the comparatively minimal adjustments needed on Stranger Things would be well advised to steer clear of JJPOTC.

Huh. I've owned my POTC for almost a year and have yet to open the back box or lift the playfield. It's been worry free since day one.

Edit. I lied. The left sling hammer did slip past the rubber twice.

#5796 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Huh. I've owned my POTC for almost a year and haven't yet to open the back box or lift the playfield. It's been worry free since day one.

Nice. I’m guessing this is a rarity with modern pins these days. My stranger things had a wiring issue that made the center ramp inoperable. Took 2 weeks to find the issue but it’s finally running the way it’s supposed to. Also, the ball lock plunger mech is bad too. Cheaply made. And one of the ball gates under the demogorgon toy came loose. This is my NIB machine of 6k dollars. I like the machine. Just bad QC On these machines. Felt like it was rushed out the door.

#5797 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Huh. I've owned my POTC for almost a year and haven't yet to open the back box or lift the playfield. It's been worry free since day one.

On the flip side, I own a JJP Pirates and I'm still working on the plunger, the ship needed adjustment, my lowest pop bumper skirt keeps sticking, the Dauntless switch keeps getting stuck on, the lockdown button needed adjusting, and the trunk lock didn't open correctly open out of the box.

I'm a little turned off by it all, but at the end of the day sometimes these things need tweaking and some people will end up with a bad game from the factory. It sucks, but such is life.

#5798 4 years ago

My JJP POTC has been PERFECT from DAY ONE! My game also has no chips or pooling. That is a game I would never sell! Incredible game!

Can't wait for Eric's next game GNR!!!!

#5799 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

My JJP POTC has been PERFECT from DAY ONE! My game also has no chips or pooling. That is a game I would never sell! Incredible game!
Can't wait for Eric's next game GNR!!!!

Is there new code coming out soon for JJPPOTC? and what is the current code#?

#5800 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Yeah, mine is here for the very long haul too. RBION is my longest tenured game at 10 years and running. I can easily see JJP POTC beating that eventually.

Quoted from PiperPinball:

Is there new code coming out soon for JJPPOTC? and what is the current code#?

Current code is .99, but they have been live streaming the Beta code. I believe it's 1.02.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.