IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 144.
#5601 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Looks more like a butt hole. Starfish.

Chocolate Starfish

31Wq+1vibdL (resized).jpg31Wq+1vibdL (resized).jpg
#5602 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Chocolate Starfish[quoted image]

Yup. That be the one !!

#5603 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did he look like this guy?
[quoted image]

Hilarious! Love it

#5604 4 years ago

I know this is Stranger Things but....
sir_tankalot Big shout out from UK
Metallica is truly exceptional- thank you Sir.
You deserve your knighthood

#5605 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I know this is Stranger Things but....
sir_tankalot Big shout out from UK
Metallica is truly exceptional- thank you Sir.
You deserve your knighthood

Or at least an OPE.

#5606 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So, I have a question for everyone in this thread. Maybe a few questions and observations. I'm a big fan o Brian Eddy's. I mean two of his games are two of my all time favorites and I really do want to play and own a shadow one day.
There seems to be a lot of dislike(hate is too strong) for this game. Is it the theme? As I thought Stranger Things was really popular and people are always clamoring about a new relevant theme(even if Stranger Things is based on nostalgia). This theme isn't for me as I've never seen the show and no desire really to watch it. But, again a lot of people really seem to love it.
Is it the art package? The use of video clips in the game?
I personally think the layout is good. Maybe not great.
Could it be the pro is awful and that this game should only have a prem and LE?
Because, the projector is really cool. And when I watched the footage of it I was impressed by a lot of what I saw. The ramps being lit. The drops changing the movie screen of course acting as dmd backbox basically. That is just amazing and keeps the players eyes on the playfield.
So I really think that the projector is one of the coolest innovations in pinball in a long time. And perhaps other games can expand on it.
But, then you have the pro and no projection. And as a result the coolest feature is missing. And so that movie screen really just seems even more lame and out of place. And also no mag lock for the pro. That lock feature is a nifty and cool ball lock. I get that pros need to be scaled down. But, I think stranger things without the projector isn't scaled down, but a shell of the game that it was meant to be. I think a good pro should retain the core features and spirit of the original game. And I don't think Stranger Things pro does... I could be wrong. But, I think if you compare it to Deadpool or Black Knight(which is missing the upper playfield) you'll find those games still have the same feel and spirit. Not so with this. Pro just feels barren.
Then lastly about barren.
When I was watching the deadflip stream. I couldn't help but think that the prem lacked pop. The music is a bit dull, the callouts are non-existent and when they are there they are DULL! The clips are good and I like the asset use. But, because of the projector you know have the big LCD that is just scrolling the stranger things logo most of the time. And that is boring.
To me(and maybe just me) pinball should be frenatic and I like gonzo animations and callouts and sounds. I want to be bombarded as the ball caroms around and smashes into stuff. It just to me feels rewarding. Don't really get that yet.
Now, I know the code is early. And I also haven't played either of these games yet. These are just my thoughts and questions.
But, I was just curious, because a lot of people are dumping on this game. And I see a lot of really amazing potential for it. And I know if never realized potential is useless. Just curious your thoughts on this.
And this isn't Stern bashing. I own 2 sterns and I'll buy a lot more in the future. Just curious why people think this is a bit of a lame duck, when I think it could turn into a beautiful swan.

So heres my 2 cents...

I finally got to play Stranger Things this past Saturday at Logan arcade in Chicago. They have the pro model.

I’ll give my opinion, please keep in mind it's just an opinion!!!

I'm a big fan of the show and although the pin looks barren (as people are saying and I also thought) I was hoping I would enjoy the pin once I played it. Also, please keep in mind that, like most bar-cades, its always loud and you can’t really hear the machines so this doesn’t help when you are trying a machine for the first time to see if you like it. Although, I have watched most of the streams on ST so I am familiar with the sounds/music.

Anyway, I feel like this pin is just ok, it’s not bad but not very exciting to play. There’s just not enough for the ball to interact with and the only thing that's different on the other models as far as that is concerned is the ball lock. Total BS that this is not included across all three models. I understand the projector not being on the pro but the ball lock should've been on the pro (period). this is just Stern being cheap! The ramps are smooth the orbits also good. Pop bumpers.... well they’re pop bumpers! I'm not a fan of modes changing based on pop bumpers (points and multipliers are better IMO) the inner loop shot to the right of the Demogorgon shoots nice but its just redundant of the orbit (waste of opportunity to do something different like a tunnel into the upside down or something). The shot to the left of the Demogorgon is a big minus (I think!) I feel like the ball gets lost back there and it slows down the flow. That and the return from that area is less than desirable (would've rather seen a VUK for that shot). The drop targets in front of the Demogorgon are fine but it seems like they are not tough enough or interactive enough with the modes. unless I'm mistaken; you don't have to drop them in any certain order. And now for the Demogorgon toy.... wow it is much cheaper looking in person than on the streams! It looks terrible. And, like I mentioned in a previous post, I think a full body figurine that actually looks like the Demogorgon with a small magnet in the mouth (like on JP T-Rex) would've been much better! OH! I almost forgot the left kick out.... never mind, it's forgettable.

I played it about 7/8 times and I really wasn't even going to play it that much after the first few plays but to my surprise; no one was really playing it! I was at Logan from about 9:30 to midnight and the place was full too, I mean, it took me 5/10 minutes to grab a beer every time from the bar (3 times ).

I was pretty disappointed playing this game, I really, really like this theme and wish that it had turned out better. For me, I don't feel like the projector will have any effect on the gameplay... that's just asthetics like the LCD screen. MY DP LCD is so interactive with the game but it doesn't make it feel different as far as the game play or ball interaction. I think they focused too much on this projector thing and forgot about gameplay. I think if they would've just used it as an effect in the back of the game maybe for the El ball lock that would've been fine and gave them more room on the play field to do other things.

#5607 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Looks more like a butt hole. Starfish.

#5608 4 years ago

113 pages and you guys are FINALLY coming around to the idea that it looks more like a toothy butthole than a vagina?

Wow. Thank god nobody here has any idea what a clitoris looks like so that didn’t also get thrown into the mix!

#5609 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Dune had some, and also starship troopers had one big ugly one!

Quoted from Morinack:

Ever play Dark Souls???[quoted image]

I'll have to check these out!

Maybe there some secret competition with these designers on who can make the ugliest vagina/butthole monster toy...

#5610 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

113 pages and you guys are FINALLY coming around to the idea that it looks more like a toothy butthole than a vagina?
Wow. Thank god nobody here has any idea what a clitoris looks like so that didn’t also get thrown into the mix!

is that like a Plumbus?

#5611 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5612 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I'll have to check these out!
Maybe there some secret competition with these designers on who can make the ugliest vagina/butthole monster toy...

How could you leave out Independence Day?

#5613 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dim over time (LED) or burn out (halogen), the effect is the same - they will become unusable and need replacement that may or not be available at a reasonable cost at some point a decade or decades in the future. Or, they could be replacable with a much better tech later. We just don't know.

Sure it's the same... if you ignore the two orders of magnitude difference in life expectancy.

Yes it's effectively a consumable... but that's captain obvious territory. The difference is people Here won't be freaking out over needing to keep spare bulbs on hand or shaking breaking the bulb

#5614 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Most know they feel like bags of sand...

#5615 4 years ago
1257C02C-A193-44C9-848C-2E4F95F5FA31.gif1257C02C-A193-44C9-848C-2E4F95F5FA31.gif
#5616 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can’t decide whether it looks like a toothy butthole or a mutant artichoke vagina, so I will settle on mutant toothy cloaca. A vagina anus essentially.
A Gaping vagina anus.

#5617 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I can’t decide whether it looks like a toothy butthole or a mutant artichoke vagina, so I will settle on mutant toothy cloaca. A vagina anus essentially.
A Gaping vagina anus.

IT'S A VANUS!!!

#5618 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Lol.
When your other hobby costs you a shit ton more than that it's really not a big deal.
Check out my Instagram @xkpgx you'll see my other hobby haha.. pinball is cheap fun.

Awesome IG. Justo followed you !

#5619 4 years ago

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/wp-content/uploads/games/stranger-things/115-stranger-things.jpg

It's a little ironic that the title on this pin is Stranger Things and when the main toy on the play field is revealed you get this big'ol vagina anus looking thing...
Demovanus (resized).pngDemovanus (resized).png

#5620 4 years ago

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/wp-content/uploads/games/stranger-things/115-stranger-things.jpg
It's a little ironic that the title on this pin is Stranger Things and when the main toy on the play field is revealed you get this big'ol vagina anus looking thing...
[quoted image]

Gaping. Don’t forget gaping.

#5621 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yeah, but I've had projectors fry for all kinds of reasons. And these are mounted in a ceiling. Imagine them getting shake rattled and rolled all the time. Turned off and on, off and on. Day after day.
Do you want a friend to do a death save on your Prem or LE stranger things?
No friend of mine would do such a thing. But, still pinball is a violent game. Machines get shook!'
And also I want to know the heat consumption of these things. And also the venting. Because most projectors generate a LOT OF HEAT! Trust me. And also you need to frequently change their filters. Again. I don't know these models. Just asking questions and I would be interested in knowing more about them. This fascinates me.

You gotta stop thinking about it like a home theater projector. It’s basically just another LED in a game filled with LEDs.

#5622 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What’s a clitoris?

#5623 4 years ago

Funny how this thread just morphed into the off-topic dumpster fire of Pinside.

Once Stranger Things the game has been forgotten (like next week), Robin should just re-name the thread...."Pinside's stranger things" and it can continue on as if nothing has happened.

#5624 4 years ago
37AA93F9-507B-40DB-85FB-0A959CD7DDB3 (resized).jpeg37AA93F9-507B-40DB-85FB-0A959CD7DDB3 (resized).jpeg
#5625 4 years ago

Good thing his first name is not Chuck!

#5626 4 years ago

OMG funniest thing I've seen in ages, is that for real. LMFAO

#5627 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Funny how this thread just morphed into the off-topic dumpster fire of Pinside.
Once Stranger Things the game has been forgotten (like next week), Robin should just re-name the thread...."Pinside's stranger things" and it can continue on as if nothing has happened.

This one is ST related and straight from Stern... (kind of)
#dollypartonchallenge (resized).png#dollypartonchallenge (resized).png

#5628 4 years ago

[quoted image]

hahahahaha

you win dude

#5629 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

hahahahaha
you win dude

#5630 4 years ago

I know that guy. He’s friends with Haywood Jablome.

#5631 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

What’s a clitoris?

Works like a tilt bob

#5632 4 years ago
Quoted from sir_tankalot:

You are young and enthusiastic and impressionable. I remember those days (Expo 1991). I will never fault you for that.
Just don't beat me into the ground.
My apologies for the interruption.

Lyman - come on man , you are young! because if you aren't then I'm not and I refuse to be old

Hopefully see you in Texas or NYCPC.

Neil.
(PS Chuck/Erik is a top guy and I'm sure wasn't having a dig at you in fact his ranting on about how good TWD made me buy one!).

#5633 4 years ago

anyone got any news on LE build time? I've actually managed to move on a game so now have a space in the shed, the annoying thing is that the machine was hiding load of stuff underneath and it now looks ugly

#5634 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone got any news on LE build time? I've actually managed to move on a game so now have a space in the shed, the annoying thing is that the machine was hiding load of stuff underneath and it now looks ugly

Should be happening this week if it's not already, last I heard.

#5635 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone got any news on LE build time?

I’m hoping to pick up mine this weekend. Haven’t heard for sure yet.

#5636 4 years ago

Its definitely a prolapsed anus.

#5637 4 years ago

glad none of you lot are doctors. (or at least not a doctor I'll ever have an exam with )))

#5638 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Yeah, postnatal!

#5639 4 years ago

The monster would be a great thing for mod developers to look at for complete replacement. A larger hole and more angled entry to make the shot easier. Then fix the moulding of the monster to actually look like a demogorgon. I'd gladly pay $100-150 for something like that to not only improve the look but also function.

#5640 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yeah, but I've had projectors fry for all kinds of reasons. And these are mounted in a ceiling. Imagine them getting shake rattled and rolled all the time. Turned off and on, off and on. Day after day.
Do you want a friend to do a death save on your Prem or LE stranger things?
No friend of mine would do such a thing. But, still pinball is a violent game. Machines get shook!'
And also I want to know the heat consumption of these things. And also the venting. Because most projectors generate a LOT OF HEAT! Trust me. And also you need to frequently change their filters. Again. I don't know these models. Just asking questions and I would be interested in knowing more about them. This fascinates me.

They generate a lot of heat because of the HOT BULB... which again... do not exist here.

#5641 4 years ago

True story and you guys are going to laugh

But after all these posts I can't un-see the demogorgan anymore. It truly does look fucking stupid. I can't stay on board with it lol. Unbelievable because I love this theme too.

There's another LE available from Trent now... Have at it.

Switched it to Jurassic Park LE. I'd rather have that bad ass dinosaur then this flared up vag. It just didn't age well with me.

#5642 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Bravo.

#5643 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They generate a lot of heat because of the HOT BULB... which again... do not exist here.

LEDs get quite hot.

#5644 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

LEDs get quite hot.

Hot? yes for high power ones. For the types in question here? not hot enough that they always require active cooling or they self destruct in minutes like a projection bulb? No

Fragile to any shock due to the hot filament like a projection bulb? No

Usually a heat sink design is enough. These are passively cooled devices. Think LED flashlights...

#5645 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

True story and you guys are going to laugh
But after all these posts I can't un-see the demogorgan anymore. It truly does look fucking stupid. I can't stay on board with it lol. Unbelievable because I love this theme too.
There's another LE available from Trent now... Have at it.
Switched it to Jurassic Park LE. I'd rather have that bad ass dinosaur then this flared up vag. It just didn't age well with me.

You will not be disappointed at that decision! JP even at the pro model is better than an ST LE!

I would go for the JP premium model, personally. If I wasn’t locked into a Rick and Morty... I’m pretty sure JP would’ve been my next purchase. Great game! Keith knows how to make a great game and I just mean the playability. The code on that game from what I know is also pretty deep and will keep you going back to it.

We’ll see how RM stacks up. I got my fingers crossed but it looks like it going to be great.

#5646 4 years ago

Too bad Lyman is not coding this game. His mere reveal here in this thread would be considered a "key post" ; ).

#5647 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The monster would be a great thing for mod developers to look at for complete replacement.

The monster would be a great thing for Stern to replace so one wouldn't have to spend more money putting lipstick on a pig.

#5648 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The monster would be a great thing for Stern to replace so one wouldn't have to spend more money putting lipstick on a pig.

LMFAO

#5649 4 years ago

If jurrasic park is so good how are there LE's still available.

#5650 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

If jurrasic park is so good how are there LE's still available.

Ugly color scheme

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Guilford, CT
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/113?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.