IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 144.
#5201 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please help us then. How do you fix a demo shot that misses high every single time? So far we’ve tried:
6,6.5,7.0,7.1-7.5 pitches
Flipper power everywhere from 170-255.
Nothing as helped.
Was hoping we wouldn’t have to take the mech apart to adjust but it seems like we may have to. Looks like that will be a royal pain too. Just looking to avoid that so we’re gonna have to wait possibly and hope someone finds an easier solution.

I wonder it it's an issue where maybe the demogorgon is sitting back too far away from the ramp maybe? Any kind of adjustment there?

#5202 4 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I had the opportunity to play one on location yesterday and hit the demogorgon shot once on the first mode. Wasn’t easy and never hit it again the rest of the game. Overall, I walked away unimpressed. I was really looking forward to this game but the whole thing felt kinda blah and boring. I’m hoping code can help but I’m losing hope quickly on that.

More of a classics guy? Have you played JP or Elvira?

#5203 4 years ago

The demogorgan hole looks barely wider than the ball. Reminds me of a rigged carnival game

The hole should be be at least 1.5 balls wide and further back so the "mouth flaps" can guide it in. Said mouth flaps should also be slightly more closed which would give a better sloped edge leading to the hole.

I haven't played one yet, need to go try Hilton's I guess.

#5204 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The demogorgan hole looks barely wider than the ball. Reminds me of a rigged carnival game
The hole should be be at least 1.5 balls wide and further back so the "mouth flaps" can guide it in. Said mouth flaps should also be slightly more closed which would give a better sloped edge leading to the hole.
I haven't played one yet, need to go try Hilton's I guess.

It's not really the side to side that seems to be the problem.. it's up and down which is why setup seems to be the variable in the viability of the shot.

#5205 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Said mouth flaps should also be slightly more closed which would give a better sloped edge leading to the hole.

Mother Nature got it right. Should have been a lay-up for Stern.

#5206 4 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I had the opportunity to play one on location yesterday and hit the demogorgon shot once on the first mode. Wasn’t easy and never hit it again the rest of the game. Overall, I walked away unimpressed. I was really looking forward to this game but the whole thing felt kinda blah and boring. I’m hoping code can help but I’m losing hope quickly on that.

Watch what you say about this game!

#5207 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

More of a classics guy? Have you played JP or Elvira?

Love the classics but I preferred Elvira and JP way over Stranger Things Pro. I’ll give the premium a chance but I’m hoping for a different opinion.

#5208 4 years ago

I can see Stern just “coding out” the Demo in the mouth shot. With too much inconsistency in how it shoots game to game, and seemingly no adjustments possible, they won’t have a choice. But are there any switches that allow the game to recognize an indirect hit?

#5209 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's not really the side to side that seems to be the problem.. it's up and down which is why setup seems to be the variable in the viability of the shot.

They REALLY cheaped out on the design of demo. It’s probably going to be really tough to dial in and may need constant adjustment. It should have been designed with an opto/magnet for such a small hole. Similar to LOTR and Austin Powers where the ball gets sucked in. For such a simple layout there seems to be so many design flaws. It’s sad what needs to be done to make a 6k game playable and reliable.

#5210 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

They REALLY cheaped out on the design of demo. It’s probably going to be really tough to dial in and may need constant adjustment. It should have been designed with an opto/magnet for such a small hole. Similar to LOTR and Austin Powers where the ball gets sucked in. For such a simple layout there seems to be so many design flaws. It’s sad what needs to be done to make a 6k game playable and reliable. Code will probably do a bunch tho when side hits progress demo more.

#5211 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I can see Stern just “coding out” the Demo in the mouth shot. With too much inconsistency in how it shoots game to game, and seemingly no adjustments possible, they won’t have a choice. But are there any switches that allow the game to recognize an indirect hit?

Hard rubber sculpt with a wide as hell ramp. Not a great design.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I find it very very disturbing that this mech reminds people of a vagina.

So this is the teabag shot?

I’ll show myself out.

#5212 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

They REALLY cheaped out on the design of demo. It’s probably going to be really tough to dial in and may need constant adjustment. It should have been designed with an opto/magnet for such a small hole. Similar to LOTR and Austin Powers where the ball gets sucked in. For such a simple layout there seems to be so many design flaws. It’s sad what needs to be done to make a 6k game playable and reliable.

Maybe they will send everybody a new amd improved demogorgan. One with a big mouth with a super high powered magnet inside of it.

#5213 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please help us then. How do you fix a demo shot that misses high every single time? So far we’ve tried:
6,6.5,7.0,7.1-7.5 pitches
Flipper power everywhere from 170-255.
Nothing as helped.
Was hoping we wouldn’t have to take the mech apart to adjust but it seems like we may have to. Looks like that will be a royal pain too. Just looking to avoid that so we’re gonna have to wait possibly and hope someone finds an easier solution.

In my experience on 2 games, it is much easier to make from the left flipper.

#5214 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In my experience on 2 games, it is much easier to make from the left flipper.

I bet you wouldn't have made one on the game that I was playing last night lol. I dont know what the hell was going on with it. Maybe Chuckwurt forgot to pull the protective plastic off of the demogorgons mouth that it shipped with from the factory.

#5215 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe they will send everybody a new amd improved demogorgan. One with a big mouth with a super high powered magnet inside of it.

Or just send out a bottle of this with every NIB

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#5216 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I guess I just wasn’t prepared for NIB machines to arrive with defects is all. Will I buy another pin now that I know ? Idk. Probly. If the theme is cool enough like stranger things I will!

Gary Stern’s “wet dream” customer statement...

#5217 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But are there any switches that allow the game to recognize an indirect hit?

Yep. Just right now those hits only score points and do not work towards killing/advancing to the next stage of the demo and completing the mode. Only a mouth shot does that.

#5218 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bet you wouldn't have made one on the game that I was playing last night lol. I dont know what the hell was going on with it. Maybe Chuckwurt forgot to pull the protective plastic off of the demogorgons mouth that it shipped with from the factory.

Was that Chuck’s game you were playing? Lol

Come on Chuck, wtf!!!

On special when lit stream right flipper got it most of the time when squared up

#5219 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I second that. I love a snappy flipper but they are wayyyy too strong on this game

Yea the snappy flipper just doesn't work with the bouncy vagina.

#5220 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Come on Chuck, wtf!!!
On special when lit stream right flipper got it most of the time when squared up

It’s on location. It’s not mine. I just play tested it for a week. Didn’t feel like taking the mech apart so I just kept playing.

#5221 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Come on Chuck, wtf!!!

Not his but he set it all up for the guy. I should ask for my 5 dollars back.

#5222 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Gary Stern’s “wet dream” customer statement.
And people wonder why Stern games continue down the path they’re on...

Like The Jurassic Park path? Best game ever. Elvira great too. Deadpool?

Jury out on STH pending code and premium LE delivery

You are basically implying like others do that he, I and anyone that buys a Stern game is stupid Lol

I like the “path” that Stern is going down. Keep it up

Everybody is free to give their opinions, giving people advice on how they should spend their money because you don’t agree with it? F that

#5223 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not his but he set it all up for the guy. I should ask for my 5 dollars back.

Poor Chuck. Sorry dude, didn’t know that was you! You’ve tried everything except take it apart. Tough luck for the OP. Yeah Terry, $5 bucks...

#5224 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Poor Chuck. Sorry dude, didn’t know that was you! You’ve tried everything except take it apart. Tough luck for the OP. Yeah Terry, $5 bucks...

I work for free. He’s a good friend but don’t want to take apart his brand new game with 100 plays on it. He can do that. Haha

#5225 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I work for free. He’s a good friend but don’t want to take apart his brand new game with 100 plays on it. He can do that. Haha

Taking it apart is easy. Its putting it back together that's hard lol

#5226 4 years ago

Looks like Big Hurt still can claim the best WIDE center ramp in pinball.

#5227 4 years ago

I'm just about to put a pro out on location and want to make sure I set it up properly to keep players happy. I've tried to scan this thread for tips on this but with 105 pages(so far) it's a little overwhelming.

Can anybody who's set up a pro either at home or on location summarize the key things I should look out for when setting this game up to ensure an optimum playing experience.

#5228 4 years ago

Just moved my outlane posts to the middle position. Where are yours?

15794752769018844674474949686768 (resized).jpg15794752769018844674474949686768 (resized).jpg
#5229 4 years ago

Level the game. Make sure the plant vagina shot is make able. If not adjust playfield pitch up or down. Also try reducing flipper power. If that doesn't help, who knows? Also the the post to lock balls may come out. Put it in and re-crimp tighter....

#5230 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Try this next time as there is a learning curve. The only way to consistently make the shot requires you trap up and stop the ball first. Trap ball on left flipper, release and shoot ball when it reaches arrow shown. Same for right side, but less accurate. These are the sweet spots but your mileage may vary.
251EF772-9441-4083-9144-DCD527AB54EA.jpeg251EF772-9441-4083-9144-DCD527AB54EA.jpeg

#5231 4 years ago

Anyone have any issues with the ball getting stuck in the middle lane under the flap under the gorgan?

#5232 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Try this next time as there is a learning curve. The only way to consistently make the shot requires you trap up and stop the ball first. Trap ball on left flipper, release and shoot ball when it reaches arrow shown. Same for right side, but less accurate. These are the sweet spots but your mileage may vary.
[quoted image]

There is something wrong with this particular game. Nobody can make it in the demogargon. I guess it's been made a few times but not very many at all. Something isn't lined up right or something.

#5233 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is something wrong with this particular game. Nobody can make it in the demogargon. I guess it's been made a few times but not very many at all. Something isn't lined up right or something.

I disagree. I can make it quite regularly ( when the ramp works like it’s supposed to). However , when I lowered the flipper power down, it stopped going in as often. So. For whatever it’s worth. I may go back to 255 flipper power or somewhere close to that.

#5234 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I disagree. I can make it quite regularly ( when the ramp works like it’s supposed to). However , when I lowered the flipper power down, it stopped going in as often. So. For whatever it’s worth. I may go back to 255 flipper power or somewhere close to that.

We’re purely talking about one specific game in location. Not all games.

#5235 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

How can you possibly disagree when you've never played the same game that I am talking about? SMH

#5236 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe you cannot stop laughing long enough to concentrate to make the shot! A little too focused on the flappy vagina looking thingy demogargon. I want a game just for that thing. People are telling me that on the premiumLE model that thing vibrates too. I cannot wait to have a go on one.

#5237 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Maybe you cannot stop laughing long enough to concentrate to make the shot! A little too focused on the flappy vagina looking thingy demogargon. I want a game just for that thing. People are telling me that on the premiumLE model that thing vibrates too. I cannot wait to have a go on one.

I was doing more cussing than laughing and those drop targets are a very dangerous shot also! This game reminds me alot of AFM.

#5238 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How can you possibly disagree when you've never played the same game that I am talking about? SMH

Geez. Sorry.

#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was doing more cussing than laughing and those drop targets are a very dangerous shot also! This game reminds me alot of AFM.

Sometimes love/hate relationship with a game is a good thing. EG TWD

I agree, the shots look a lot like AFM

#5240 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Geez. Sorry.

When i was describing the game i said “something is wrong with this particular game”. Sorry i didn't mean to be a dick but there are so many dicks on here that i thought maybe you were trying to be one too. Something going on with this game though, its like impossible to make it in the demogorogons mouth

#5241 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When i was describing the game i said “something is wrong with this particular game”. Sorry i didn't mean to be a dick but there are so many dicks on here that i thought maybe you were trying to be one too. Something foing on with this game though, its like impossible to make it in the demogorogons mouth

No. I’m not a dick. I am new to this forum so I may not know too many people in here. I was just chiming one because I do own the game, have had it for almost a week now and I just misunderstood your post. I’m new to the hobby as well.

#5242 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

No. I’m not a dick. I am new to this forum so I may not know too many people in here. I was just chiming one because I do own the game, have had it for almost a week now and I just misunderstood your post. I’m new to the hobby as well.

You aren't officially in the hobby until you've been Who-Deyed. Welcome.

#5243 4 years ago

#5244 4 years ago

a friend and I played a pro on location on Saturday and put 18 games on it. I managed to score a hit 3x out of about 200+ shots at the Demogorgon. even after scoring those hits, it didn't feel satisfying, more like disappointment in the way the game has been constructed.

#5245 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You aren't officially in the hobby until you've been Who-Deyed. Welcome.

When I first got into the forums I had a run-in with Who-Dey , he's alright , just passionate .

#5246 4 years ago

My review:
I played the Pro. I really enjoy the tv series itself for full disclosure.I thought the game was really going to blow because for the most part I can't stand fan layouts on games. For example, I thought the Munsters was terrible. Thought the game had very weak code. With that said, I thought the game was a lot of fun. Animations and sound were really good. The demagorgin was not difficult to hit at all. Actually a very simple shot if you have the ball trapped. If you're hitting the ball on the fly, it was much more difficult. For me, the game reminded me a little bit of AFM with the center drop target bank that has a high risk/reward and the ramps and orbits were relatively similiar. Overall I was surprised but keep in mind, I am a fan of the show and that most certainly had some effect on my opinion I'm sure.
The code was much better than Munsters imo coming new out of the box.

#5247 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a friend and I played a pro on location on Saturday and put 18 games on it. I managed to score a hit 3x out of about 200+ shots at the Demogorgon. even after scoring those hits, it didn't feel satisfying, more like disappointment in the way the game has been constructed.

I don't understand why it was so difficult. I would say I got it 1x out of 3! Bizarre. I thought the construction was like every other Stern. That's strange.

#5248 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When i was describing the game i said “something is wrong with this particular game”. Sorry i didn't mean to be a dick but there are so many dicks on here that i thought maybe you were trying to be one too. Something foing on with this game though, its like impossible to make it in the demogorogons mouth

You should call Chaz a Stern. I don't understand why everybody has been having so much difficulty hitting the demigorgin.
It was really pretty easy. There has to be something wrong.

#5249 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When I first got into the forums I had a run-in with Who-Dey , he's alright , just passionate .

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that it's a known thing. A badge of honor.

#5250 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

The code was much better than Munsters imo coming new out of the box.

Well, that's a low bar that's true of pretty much every recent new out of the box Stern except Batman '66 and GotG. Munsters code is a box of lights disaster.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/105?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.