IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 144.
#5151 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Makes me want to see a macho man pin!

I dont think I would hold my breath on that. The last wrasslin pin had abysmal sales.

#5152 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Chuckwurt I know you are the official cheerleader for SRT(I am surprised Who-dey did not step up to the plate this time) and I hope your LE turns out to be everything you expected, but it does seem like you have had your rose-colored glasses on for SRT-even weeks before reveal. You were in from day one-so I can understand clinching the pearls and trying to defend it(Hope Stern gives you a bonus check for promo).

Haha. I literally bashed the game in my last post.

#5153 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’m a hillbilly

Well Duh, isnt everyone from Ky?

#5154 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can’t believe a grown man would listen to that crap Oh wait, just did
Off to take my morning dump.
Speaking of dumps, let’s get back to trashing the game
Trinidog, keep us posted dude
The expectation level for Stern is just so much higher than everybody else including JJP
As for the “code”? I love all the speculation, why not take it straight from Mike Vs mouth that there is a “whole lot more to come” with the projector and overall code and integration.
As a buyer of this great theme, which is number 1 for me, I’m confident that Eddy and Mike will bring it together.
The “I don’t know blah blah blah chatter” is based on mostly raised expectations from recent games JP, Elvira, TWD, BM66, IMDN, MET, DP, AC/DC and partly either no room left, no $$$ or both
Could it SUCK at the end of the day? It could, I doubt it based on theme alone.
Either way, if you are NOT out of space or $$$, it’s just another pinball machine with a GREAT theme!
I’m buying, playing it, if I don’t love it after 3 months I’ll sell it. But I still have my Munster LE waiting on code update. I’m sure Dwight will get to it a few years later like GB
As for losing $$$ when you go to sell, don’t buy if you can’t afford to take a hit. Not hard to figure that out these days.
It’s a lot of the same geniuses that think Rick & Morty is the greatest pin ever after a 60 second video
LMFAO!!!

“What’s he saying, Robin?” - Howard Stern

#5155 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

“What’s he saying, Robin?” - Howard Stern

Sounds like a certain someone's "nuclear speech".

#5156 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Don’t normally agree with people bashing stuff, but this one was inexcusable. People have been BEGGING to see this thing on stream, and it isn’t level? I downloaded the pinball app , crawled under the machine, lifted it with my back because I’m a hillbilly with no lift, and leveled it. 10 mins tops, perfect. Yet they couldn’t do it AT STERNS HEADQUARTERS?? There is no defending that one.

Now I know why I like this guy. Another Hillbilly brother!!!!

#5157 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now I know why I like this guy. Another Hillbilly brother!!!!

No point in being anything else.

#5158 4 years ago

When does the Stern based topper typically come out?

#5159 4 years ago

Well I played this game tonight and I definitely dont know WTF to think. it looks good, it shoots well, the LCD clips are cool but theres one little problem. That problem is I never hit the f*cking demogorgans mouth not even one time so that pretty much ruined my opinion of this game totally.

I mean seriously, what the f*ck? Also the plastic ramps feel really cheap also. Other than that not bad. The game does have potential and I probably would have liked it had I been able to make the shot of the main toy of the game.

Right now I'm giving the game an F for Frustrated.

#5160 4 years ago
Quoted from SodakCox:

When does the Stern based topper typically come out?

Anywhere from 6 months to 2.5 years from game release. I wish I wasn’t serious.

#5161 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I played this game tonight and I definitely dont know WTF to think. it looks good, it shoots well, the LCD clips are cool but theres one little problem. That problem is I never hit the f*cking demogorgans mouth not even one time so that pretty much ruined my opinion of this game totally.
I mean seriously, what the f*ck? Also the plastic ramps feel really cheap also. Other than that not bad. The game does have potential and I probably would have liked it had I been able to make the shot of the main toy of the game.

I definitely understand that. My first time playing it I must have shot 50 times at it. No luck. This is on location and in the first few days. Then a few days later I was able to hit it 3 times in a row first shot. From what I understand the op at the place we play has made a number of modifications to the setup and today my 9 year old son was hitting it constantly. I kept getting slingshot drains each time it came up but he managed to kill it many times and he had the biggest smile on his face. I think that shot is really depending on setup.of the machine.

My son loves going after that demogorgon but I've been enjoying going for the modes. What I love about this machine is there are really different ways to approach it. Today my son kicked my butt just going after the demogorgon. I didn't think it was that worth it but apparently after you get past the first one it starts getting more worth while. Going for the modes only is also just as good. Then there is going for multiball which is also a good strategy. Lots of ways to go at it.

#5162 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Was it on route? Man, if people would just listen to me and change the flipper power down from the stock 255 setting to around 170-200 the game is a blast and easy to hit in 1-2 shots.

The stock flipper setting is crazy too powerful, and will launch over the Demogorgan. Plus it will fly off the drop targets like crazy, back down the power and it's a whole new experience.

#5163 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Was it on route? Man, if people would just listen to me and change the flipper power down from the stock 255 setting to around 170-200 the game is a blast and easy to hit in 1-2 shots.
The stock flipper setting is crazy too powerful, and will launch over the Demogorgan. Plus it will fly off the drop targets like crazy, back down the power and it's a whole new experience.

Yes it was on route

#5164 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Welcome to the party pal

A8BD53F2-96EF-4C4D-97B4-81F5F0F7A13F (resized).pngA8BD53F2-96EF-4C4D-97B4-81F5F0F7A13F (resized).png
#5165 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

and change the flipper power down from the stock 255 setting to around 170-200 the game is a blast and easy to hit in 1-2 shots.

We did. Still no joy. Sucks.

#5166 4 years ago

I had no problem hitting the demogorgon when my machine was working. Lol. I did level it out according to the little level in the shooter lane. And that’s all I did. I can hit it about 8 out of every 10 times.

#5167 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I had no problem hitting the demogorgon when my machine was working. Lol. I did level it out according to the little level in the shooter lane. And that’s all I did. I can hit it about 8 out of every 10 times.

You can pretty much say that the game that i played tonight the Demogorgan shot is unmakeable. I mean yeah people have put the ball in his mouth but only a handful of times from what i have heard. Had that been working correctly I'm sure that i would have liked the game but even with that being said, this game isn’t even in the same league as JP2 so lets just get that out of the way right now. It kind of reminded me of the AFM remake that was sitting beside it but not as good.

#5168 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

this game isn’t even in the same league as JP2

Name a game that is. Haha

#5169 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The Mu.......never mind. .

#5170 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wonka is a great shooting fun to play game.Also since the early run the playfields are really great!

#5171 4 years ago

I actually don't love jp.. I was set on getting one but I'm not sure now. Wanna try out a stranger things premium before I make any decisions but I may just wait to see what comes out next from jjp and stern.

#5172 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We did. Still no joy. Sucks.

Hope your LE dials in really nice as provides a better experience.

#5173 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The expectation level for Stern is just so much higher than everybody else including JJP

You forgot the sarcasm emoji

#5174 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hope your LE dials in really nice as provides a better experience.

It will. I’ll be able to figure it out and help others. I just hope stern put some code compensation for the location games that will likely never get tweaked.

#5175 4 years ago

This would have been the perfect theme to try to do " glow " ramps like they did in predator .

IMG20200119234934 (resized).jpgIMG20200119234934 (resized).jpg
#5176 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This would have been the perfect theme to try to do " glow " ramps like they did in predator .[quoted image]

Pretty sure there’s a few members here that could make these if the demand was there.

#5177 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pretty sure there’s a few members here that could make these if the demand was there.

That's what I was thinking . Is it just a UV plastic with a backlight on it .

#5178 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will. I’ll be able to figure it out and help others. I just hope stern put some code compensation for the location games that will likely never get tweaked.

People playing the game that i played last night will definitely walk away unimpressed. Ive never seen anything so stupid in my life. The AFM remake sitting beside it blows it away, as does the JP sitting on the other side of it. The demogargen is like a big bouncy vagina and nothing else.

#5179 4 years ago

Games got a lot more to do for now until we fix it. We’ll get it.

#5180 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The demogargen is like a big bouncy vagina and nothing else.

A bouncy vagina would be way more fun.

#5181 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

People playing the game that i played last night will definitely walk away unimpressed. Ive never seen anything so stupid in my life. The AFM remake sitting beside it blows it away, as does the JP sitting on the other side of it. The demogargen is like a big bouncy vagina and nothing else.

It’s unfortunate that the game you play has that issue. The one I played did not and I loved the game.

#5182 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s unfortunate that the game you play has that issue. The one I played did not and I loved the game.

Yeah it is because i do think the game has potential. Its nothing groundbreaking and it has its ups and downs but its probably going to be a good game i think. I just cant wait to hear why that problem is even happening. Unfortunately it does seem like this game is Munsters 2.0 in a lot of peoples eyes but it seems ok to me.

#5183 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

A bouncy vagina would be way more fun.

I’d hold out for a bouncy vagina with a firm handshake.

#5184 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah it is because i do think the game has potential. Its nothing groundbreaking and it has its ups and downs but its probably going to be a good game i think. I just cant wait to hear why that problem is even happening. Unfortunately it does seem like this game is Munsters 2.0 in a lot of peoples eyes but it seems ok to me.

You hate Munsters too now Terry? LOL

Yeah, like Cleland said, it looks like some Ops just don't care or are ignorant about setting up their games.

Streams i saw, nothing like that. Just FUN

The game you played ain't coming to my house so it doesn't matter. It's not Munsters yet......the premium/LE's aren't even shipping and the code has "a ton more to go". At least its NOT Dwight. There isn't a game out there that doesn't require some tweaking. TWD pops drain, all of IMDN, etc.

As for the quallity? IMDN was the biggest POS plastic garbage ever.

If it IS Munsters, that's ok with me too. I love this theme.

#5185 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, like Cleland said, it looks like some Ops just don't care or are ignorant about setting up their games.

Please help us then. How do you fix a demo shot that misses high every single time? So far we’ve tried:

6,6.5,7.0,7.1-7.5 pitches

Flipper power everywhere from 170-255.

Nothing as helped.

Was hoping we wouldn’t have to take the mech apart to adjust but it seems like we may have to. Looks like that will be a royal pain too. Just looking to avoid that so we’re gonna have to wait possibly and hope someone finds an easier solution.

#5186 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I second that. I love a snappy flipper but they are wayyyy too strong on this game

#5187 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I second that. I love a snappy flipper but they are wayyyy too strong on this game

Yeah so glad we can adjust them now.

#5188 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please help us then. How do you fix a demo shot that misses high every single time? So far we’ve tried:
6,6.5,7.0,7.1-7.5 pitches
Flipper power everywhere from 170-255.
Nothing as helped.
Was hoping we wouldn’t have to take the mech apart to adjust but it seems like we may have to. Looks like that will be a royal pain too. Just looking to avoid that so we’re gonna have to wait possibly and hope someone finds an easier solution.

Can’t say Chuck. You have seen the streams? Balls are wearing that vagina out

Sometimes with Stern you draw the short stick. I did with IMDN and BM66 until I got it fixed

You are gonna have to take that mech apart which sucks. That BM66 turntable was not fun. Had no choice

Anyhow, gl with it. You will get it fixed

As for me, I’m going with the LE vagina that shakes and moves. What’s not to like?

#5189 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You hate Munsters too now Terry? LOL
Streams i saw, nothing like that. Just FUN
The game you played ain't coming to my house so it doesn't matter. It's not Munsters yet......the premium/LE's aren't even shipping and the code has "a ton more to go". At least its NOT Dwight. There isn't a game out there that doesn't require some tweaking. TWD pops drain, all of IMDN, etc.
As for the quallity? IMDN was the biggest POS plastic garbage ever.
If it IS Munsters, that's ok with me too. I love this theme.

Heck no I LOVE Munsters and always will. I haven't hardly got to watch any of the STh streams yet so I dont know what the success rate of putting the ball in the Demogorgams mouth even is. I just know the one I played last nite that it's almost 0% and for me it actually WAS 0% lol

The owner of this establishment actually is a very good operator and he takes good care of his games but he just got a lemon for whatever reason with this STh game that he just bought. I'm sure that it has to be something very simple.

Maybe that hole just needs bored out some to make the ball go in there easier?

#5190 4 years ago

I find it very very disturbing that this mech reminds people of a vagina.

#5191 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well I've seen plenty of them and......well ....sometimes some of them are pretty scary looking. I'll just leave it at that.

#5192 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's because most of them have only seen one in their school text book

Have you tried using Perfect Play or Titan flipper rubbers? They work really well on my game and let me cradle just right to nail the shot.

#5193 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Teeth (resized).jpgTeeth (resized).jpgyco0yvhmjtxyesi55blk (resized).jpgyco0yvhmjtxyesi55blk (resized).jpg
#5194 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What’s probably throwing you off is they aren’t usually lit from inside. Otherwise it is pretty close.

#5195 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Heck no I LOVE Munsters and always will. I haven't hardly got to watch any of the STh streams yet so I dont know what the success rate of putting the ball in the Demogorgams mouth even is. I just know the one I played last nite that it's almost 0% lol
The owner of this establishment actually is a very good operator and he takes good care of his games but he just got a lemon for whatever reason with this STh game that he just bought. I'm sure that it has to be something very simple.
Maybe that hole just needs bored out some to make the ball go in there easier?

Lol. Bore it out. The hole should loosen up over time

Watch the recent Jack Danger premium stream

0% is no bueno but I’ve had good success lately with JP and Elvira so I’m gonna ride the streak

I’m much more worried about having issues with my Wonka coming. And Potc

#5196 4 years ago

We still don't (as far as I know!) have one on location in Chicago, which is really weird. I did get to play two different pro's when I was in NYC last weekend though. First one was at Jack Bar and I was able to hit the Demogorgan with zero issues. The 2nd machine was at Sunshine and was able to hit it into the Demogorgan a total of ZERO times. What a difference. I assume it's all in the setup, but come on guys.. its pretty much the main feature of the game.. I think operators should take the time to properly set it up. I love Sunshine, but they also setup their games on tilt sensitivity MAXIMUM. Seriously cannot even slap save their games without insta-tilting. Pretty annoying, especially when their games are setup a dollar each with no price breaks. No Replays and no Matches. Yikes.

Overall left feeling pretty indifferent about the game. Nothing all that inspiring about it, sadly.

#5197 4 years ago

No replays or matches? Whoa! The reason I enjoy playing location games is the drive to get a replay.

Quoted from valgalder:We still don't (as far as I know!) have one on location in Chicago, which is really weird. I did get to play two different pro's when I was in NYC last weekend though. First one was at Jack Bar and I was able to hit the Demogorgan with zero issues. The 2nd machine was at Sunshine and was able to hit it into the Demogorgan a total of ZERO times. What a difference. I assume it's all in the setup, but come on guys.. its pretty much the main feature of the game.. I think operators should take the time to properly set it up. I love Sunshine, but they also setup their games on tilt sensitivity MAXIMUM. Seriously cannot even slap save their games without insta-tilting. Pretty annoying, especially when their games are setup a dollar each with no price breaks. No Replays and no Matches. Yikes.
Overall left feeling pretty indifferent about the game. Nothing all that inspiring about it, sadly.

#5198 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, some men venture where some men wont it seems.

#5199 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Was just thinking that. Such a lame, tasteless, low-hanging fruit, unclever, "joke".

#5200 4 years ago

I had the opportunity to play one on location yesterday and hit the demogorgon shot once on the first mode. Wasn’t easy and never hit it again the rest of the game. Overall, I walked away unimpressed. I was really looking forward to this game but the whole thing felt kinda blah and boring. I’m hoping code can help but I’m losing hope quickly on that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.