IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 144.
#5101 4 years ago

Most machinery today is unfortunately not built like it used to be with good quality. Lots of cheap parts going into them. I know, because I do service work all day on machinery, residential and commercial it makes no difference. Companies today do not really care about longevity anymore. And honesty, it’s not in their best interest. If the stuff doesn’t break down then they can sell all those part they’re manufacturing. Unfortunately though they’ve taken it to far and machines are really made to cheap and break to quickly and to often IMO.

Pinball is no different.

Either way, it sucks to have a new pin and not really be able to enjoy it.

Good luck!

#5102 4 years ago

Like here’s a for instance. So I’m hoping that these cases get logged and forwarded to a QC person, they see that there was a bad motor that caused a node board to crap out. Ok. So wouldn’t common sense say: hey; let’s start testing these motors more frequently to see if we get any more failures then what is acceptable. That seems pretty simple and straightforward. Don’t ya think?

#5103 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I agree with u here bro. About parts being sub standard and cheap. And I also get the 4.30 syndrome too. I work on An assembly line myself for one of the big 3, and I can totally see how all this tied together when it comes to assembly line and quality. I see it on a daily basis. What I think should happen is tighter QC on the suppliers. That’s where it should start. Yeah. I get it. Bottom line and all that crap. But they should hold their suppliers to a higher QC standard. I would start there. Personally.

I agree, if it is indeed sub par parts, then yes the suppliers should be held to a higher standard. That is always difficult when cost is your primary concern (or profit margin).

Quoted from Trindawg:

Like here’s a for instance. So I’m hoping that these cases get logged and forwarded to a QC person, they see that there was a bad motor that caused a node board to crap out. Ok. So wouldn’t common sense say: hey; let’s start testing these motors more frequently to see if we get any more failures then what is acceptable. That seems pretty simple and straightforward. Don’t ya think?

Yes, however as stated for all parts/products there is what is considered an acceptable % of bad parts (which hopefully got caught before they were even sent out), but we all know that some slip through. Some people just get the bad luck. As mentioned, I think your issue represents a rare unfortunate case. It's good they are trying to get you fixed up.

#5104 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I agree, if it is indeed sub par parts, then yes the suppliers should be held to a higher standard. That is always difficult when cost is your primary concern (or profit margin).

Exactly. But that’s where your cost for your product comes into play. If I know that the machines I’m buying are quality, then I’m not gonna be more hesitant to buy them because I know I’m getting a quality product. Ok. Yeah. Charge a little more but I always say as long as the quality is there, then I don’t mind paying a little extra for that peace of mind of me knowing I’m getting a quality machine. That’s all I’m saying.

#5105 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

EDIT: also, I think for further clarification, my statement about 'it shouldn't be normal' was meaning in general, it shouldn't be considered normal to have game breaking issues out of the box with a pinball machine. Issues out of the box should be considered outliers.

This goes without saying. Thinking any company thinks any immediate mechanical issues right out of the box is okay is crazy. This guy has already been sent two replacement boards and two motors right away without going throw a distro. It’s clear stern is working hard to help fix it.

#5106 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This goes without saying. Thinking any company thinks any immediate mechanical issues right out of the box is okay is crazy. This guy has already been sent two replacement boards and two motors right away without going throw a distro. It’s clear stern is working hard to help fix it.

Chuckwurt, they only sent me a replacement board, not the motors. Yet. The motors were out of stock At the time I called but they are getting a shipment in any day now. So I’m getting a second board along with a replacement motor. Then we’ll go from there. The first board I got he sent it overnight, which is not cheap. So I appreciated that. The tech support over there are super cool and go above and beyond to try and make things right. I think he should throw in some sweet stern swag on my next shipment of parts though. That would help to smooth things over some!!!

#5107 4 years ago

From a game on location 2 days.
It happened on my 3rd game.

F94434F6-F70C-43B4-9878-4262906AD563 (resized).jpegF94434F6-F70C-43B4-9878-4262906AD563 (resized).jpeg
#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

From a game on location 2 days.
It happened on my 3rd game.[quoted image]

It'll happen on all of these eventually. A pressure-fit plastic post that long is gonna work its way out from the ball hitting it, making it act like a lever and wiggling it out of the pressure fitting on the metal part. Just plain the wrong part to use there. They should have used they type with a roll pin (thanks:flynnibus for the actual part term) to hold the plastic post to the metal fitting on the base instead of a pressure fit one. But the pressure fit one probably saved Stern 4 cents. It's gonna cost them a lot more than they saved to fix this in the field.

#5109 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Chuckwurt, they only sent me a replacement board, not the motors. Yet. The motors were out of stock At the time I called but they are getting a shipment in any day now. So I’m getting a second board along with a replacement motor. Then we’ll go from there. The first board I got he sent it overnight, which is not cheap. So I appreciated that. The tech support over there are super cool and go above and beyond to try and make things right. I think he should throw in some sweet stern swag on my next shipment of parts though. That would help to smooth things over some!!!

I'm going to be honest with you, but I read many of your posts and saw you were new to the hobby. I saw your excitement about buying a NIB game. I told myself this guy is gonna be pissed when he needs to lift the playfield and fix things. I just felt it but didn't want to post it.

Dude please don't get disparaged about this. I've been there. Unfortunately this is a normal thing with NIB pinball machines. Even my Jersey Jack machines I've bought.

There's a silver lining in this I promise.

You'll get very aquainted with working and repairing your own machines. Tinkering with shit. Trust me it's part of the hobby! I literally tell everyone who comes to my house and plays pinball and wants to buy one after that they better be ok with fixing things from time to time. Lifting the playfield at times and taking the glass off and making adjustments.

It's literally part of this. It's actually one of the reasons I enjoy pinball. There's a ton of moving parts. It's amazing just how reliable all this shit is really. Sure there's problems. But man please use this as a positive experience to learn how to work on them.

One thing I've found is Stern has ALWAYS pulled through and delivered me the parts needed to fix my machine. Once I've fixed things they truly are very reliable considering all the crap that makes these things work. I promise you, you'll get it fixed and you will enjoy the machine for months or years to come and you'll have gained knowledge of how to work on them and gain the confidence to work on them when needed.

Playing and tinkering and fixing is all part of this hobby. Enjoy it brother !

#5110 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I agree with u here bro. About parts being sub standard and cheap. And I also get the 4.30 syndrome too. I work on An assembly line myself for one of the big 3, and I can totally see how all this tied together when it comes to assembly line and quality. I see it on a daily basis. What I think should happen is tighter QC on the suppliers. That’s where it should start. Yeah. I get it. Bottom line and all that crap. But they should hold their suppliers to a higher QC standard. I would start there. Personally.

Wait until your flipper coil stops fall off within a year. Your SP probably has the originals in it.

It's been reported for well over a year, maybe two, and they still snap off. I guess they can't fix it cuz it's "hard"

Most likely they still have 100,000 of these to burn through from that suppliers shipment. At least it's an easy fix.

#5111 4 years ago

New to the hobby last year... I was at first taken a back as well when I had my first NIB experience and had some issues... But as time went on, I really came to enjoy the tinker, dial in, cleaning part of the hobby. Over time, I've found that with patience, research, thinking about things, there's been really nothing I haven't been able to fix or improve on my machines, even fabrication at times. Granted you don't want major issues to take the shine off the new in box experience, but it is physical, it is handmade, and it comes from an assembly line... There will be problems guaranteed..no matter how much QC is boosted... Even those who post.. "just arrived.. everything is perfect out of the box..." .. probably not, they just haven't had enough time to discover the nuance of their machine yet. I honestly don't go a week without lifting the field or pulling the glass.. Someday's I'm doing it 10 or more times dialing in and making adjustments... My cabinet sliders get a workout...Admittedly, I'm Type A and very OCd...However, if tinkering and fixing isn't up your alley, then buying machines may not be the best option for you.

#5112 4 years ago

Apparently Stern recently employed a very experienced QC manager. Guessing that will take time to show results, but clearly it’s long overdue. Begs the question why they didn’t have one before. Obviously QC takes $$$ from the bottom line.

Looks like Trindawg got one of the very first games off the line. In future it might be worth waiting a few months before buying until the line has ironed out all the bugs.

#5113 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Stern will take care of you! I have a friend who's NIB's always show up DOA. It is hilarious! They always get fixed. He opened his JP premium last week set it up and powered it on and on the first game smoke started coming out of the playfield (bad nod board and locked on a coil). All his JJP game showed up not working. It is part of the hobby.

Maybe your friend should get the message and just leave pinball alone!

#5114 4 years ago

Hi all,
I just watched the video of deadflip on the stranger things premium. have you noticed a clear difference in gameplay between pro and premium? Is it the code ?
. The left ramp seems much more difficult to play with more ball returns?
. In more than an hour of stream, we saw very few missions, no extra-ball, total isolation etc compared to the pro’s stream.
. in summary the premium game seemed to me simply less rhythmic?

what is your opinion ?

Anyway, I like the theme and I am pleasantly surprised by the projector and the content of the projection, which I am sure, will be improved
Greetings from France

#5115 4 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

I just watched the video of deadflip on the stranger things premium.

Me too..... {{~… yawn …~}}

#5116 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Freud was a pervert.
Einstein was a fraud and a pervert. Theory of relativity was about marrying his first cousin Elsa Einstein and he also cheated on her a lot.
Galilelo was shown to be an idiot by the Michelson-Morley experiment as was Einstein
Tesla was a genius.

Ben Gold stick to your video game record breaking endeavors.

#5117 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I think this game is code Dependent more so than any other stern game in recent history. With the lack of toys the entire game depends on the code and the projector. And it really seems they are very early on code for the projector, at least im hoping they are. So im looking forward to more as they explore more ideas on how to utilize the projector.

You hit the nail on the head-my thoughts exactly. Code will make or break this game

I got some more time on the Pro yesterday and as much as I want to love this game(absolutely love theme-which is huge for me)-it fell flat for me. I still need to play the Premium/LE to see if projector adds much, but as it sits now-it is in need of a major code and sound upgrade. The code seems like a hodgepodge of random movie scenes/clips mixed in with a few static images. Stranger Things Logo on repeat with theme song going in and out with random sounds. Modes did not seem special in any way, they all feel the same with hit 5 lit shots-rinse and repeat. Now Stern states 'No video mode-sorry' I think that is bs and proves the point of how rushed this game was out of the gate(should finish games instead of trying to make a set release schedule-shaking my head).

I thought I liked the layout, but I am beginning to question that. The center stand-ups are no fun shooting towards because of the fast sdtm rejects. The outer loops should flow well, but they actually disrupt the flow(especially going into pops). Ok now to the demogorgon main toy/shot. This toy takes up half of the game and in my opinion should be a challenge to kill or destroy. I really am not a very good pinball player and I had zero issues hitting the demogorgan on first or second shot from cradle position and aiming. I heard Jack say it is easier from cradle left flipper-tried that and had no problem hitting it. Then for shits and giggles I did a post pass to right flipper-and bam nailed it on first shot. I really think it just comes down to controlling the ball in a cradle and just aiming properly. I felt it was too easy and not a challenge(again it made the game feel flat to me).

Let's talk about dimpling-I do not believe we have touched on that topic yet. The SRT I played looked like the moon-really an eye sore. Is it normal-will it eventually even out-sure I guess but it looks like ass. There was a new Elvira sitting next to SRT and it had minimal dimples-night and day difference between the two. I will note that the Elvira did have planking. I really think it is a crapshoot with Stern's playfields. I looked at a picture of my Star Trek(attached pic-look at how thin top layer is) with horrible craters and it looks like Stern used a playfield with top layer plywood being sanded down and using a lighter softer wood substrate. Some that do not crater as bad appear to have a thicker darker layer on top of plywood-more dense-less craters. I do believe Stern needs to try and find a vendor that can produce more consistent quality-I have no interest in playing the playfield lottery.

I know I am the OP of this thread and I should be a fan boy and say 'Everything is awesome!' but I have to tell what I really think about the game. This game is all going to come down to code and sound/music/call-out integration to be its saving grace. I will reserve my true judgment for six months from now when the game has the time to get polished more, but they will need to wow me to get me interested in this one. My other issue is this game is falling in between two epic Stern titles/themes-Jurassic Park and TMNT. I already want a JP LE-just waiting for price to drop more, and from the sounds of it TMNT looks like it could be a game changer. I also want a Cactus Canyon being announced at Texas pinball festival. When you have alternative choices with games that interest you, it forces you to prioritize what game will be the 'next' game to join the line-up. Unfortunately SRT is not on my radar and I do not have any interest at this time
GEDC4651.JPGGEDC4651.JPG

#5118 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really think it just comes down to controlling the ball in a cradle and just aiming properly. I felt it was too easy and not a challenge(again it made the game feel flat to me).

Disagree. I sat on a pro, glass off putting the ball on a cradle on each flipper ten times each. I legitimately missed maybe once or twice. The other times I was dead center right to the mouth but the ball traveled too high every time. Some of these game need some sort of an adjustment to make this shot possible. Not sure what it is yet.

Also only the first demo mode kills the demo with one shot. The rest have much more going on and most are multiballs.

Since this particular one you play is so easy to make I’d love to hear your thoughts on the rules of the 2nd 3rd and so on demo modes as we haven’t been able to get to them.

#5119 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Not to open a can of worms, but by chance is the board you replaced the same board you are plugging something else into, more specifically, your shaker motor? Im still ignorant on this machine, so not sure which board does what.

#5120 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

New to the hobby last year... I was at first taken a back as well when I had my first NIB experience and had some issues... But as time went on, I really came to enjoy the tinker, dial in, cleaning part of the hobby. Over time, I've found that with patience, research, thinking about things, there's been really nothing I haven't been able to fix or improve on my machines, even fabrication at times. Granted you don't want major issues to take the shine off the new in box experience, but it is physical, it is handmade, and it comes from an assembly line... There will be problems guaranteed..no matter how much QC is boosted... Even those who post.. "just arrived.. everything is perfect out of the box..." .. probably not, they just haven't had enough time to discover the nuance of their machine yet. I honestly don't go a week without lifting the field or pulling the glass.. Someday's I'm doing it 10 or more times dialing in and making adjustments... My cabinet sliders get a workout...Admittedly, I'm Type A and very OCd...However, if tinkering and fixing isn't up your alley, then buying machines may not be the best option for you.

Ha, my man. My Metallica is currently dialed in perfect, everything works, etc.... but there is one spacer missing under one of the plastic protectors that no one can see, wont cause any harm, and literally no one knows its missing but me, and its driving me nuts. Ive shut the game down before and removed the glass because I noticed a dog hair that made its way in after a fresh wax. The good news is, you know the game will be taken care of. Some of us love to tinker a little too much.

#5121 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Disagree. I sat on a pro, glass off putting the ball on a cradle on each flipper ten times each. I legitimately missed maybe once or twice. The other times I was dead center right to the mouth but the ball traveled too high every time.

For me it just was aiming properly, hitting on first or second shot and having the gate go back up for the main attraction/toy seemed very underwhelming to me. I have played two different SRT Pro machines now, so not sure how much of a set-up difference there could be? Again- I am not a very good player

Chuckwurt I know you are the official cheerleader for SRT(I am surprised Who-dey did not step up to the plate this time) and I hope your LE turns out to be everything you expected, but it does seem like you have had your rose-colored glasses on for SRT-even weeks before reveal. You were in from day one-so I can understand clinching the pearls and trying to defend it(Hope Stern gives you a bonus check for promo).

#5122 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Not to open a can of worms, but by chance is the board you replaced the same board you are plugging something else into, more specifically, your shaker motor? Im still ignorant on this machine, so not sure which board does what.

Negative. The board that they sent me controls the motor that makes the ramp go up and down. Nothing else is plugged into it that I know of. And no the shaker motor is not plugged into it.

#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Negative. The board that they sent me controls the motor that makes the ramp go up and down. Nothing else is plugged into it that I know of. And no the shaker motor is not plugged into it.

I gotcha, then it REALLY sounds like the motor will fix the issue. The motor itself is obviously working, as it works when you change the board, but clearly the motor is back feeding voltage into the board frying it after a short period of time. Something isnt grounding properly, etc. Once properly fixed im sure you will have several thousand games to enjoy.

That said, very sorry you had to go through all this. I feel terrible for you even though it is "part of the game".

#5124 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I gotcha, then it REALLY sounds like the motor will fix the issue. The motor itself is obviously working, as it works when you change the board, but clearly the motor is back feeding voltage into the board frying it after a short period of time. Something isnt grounding properly, etc. Once properly fixed im sure you will have several thousand games to enjoy.
That said, very sorry you had to go through all this. I feel terrible for you even though it is "part of the game".

Yeah. Stern supposed to be sending me a motor as soon as the parts come in. Guess they were out of stock, but they’re on the way in. I’m hoping he’ll overnight me the parts like he did that replacement board.

#5125 4 years ago

Well Macho weighed in.....

#5126 4 years ago

Set my outlanes to mid position, waxed the playfield and this pin is screaming!! Hot damn it's fast...Going to set a high score today while the snow falls. Gotta beat 460mil

#5127 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Keep in mind this forum has the hardcore of pinball fanboyism, people will accept and defend pretty much anything from Stern. You are completely justified in your feelings and it is laughable that people just shrug it off with, well that's pinball. You get both sides people will rant and rave about the smallest things from Stern and endlessly hate on them. This place is a completely weird view on reality.
P.S. No matter what you say someone will feel it is some personal attack on them and tell you to take it elsewhere.

Totally agree with this.

#5128 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Set my outlanes to mid position, waxed the playfield and this pin is screaming!! Hot damn it's fast...Going to set a high score today while the snow falls. Gotta beat 460mil

Sounds like a great day to me. Snow coming here later.

#5129 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Well Macho weighed in

Man does Macho bring back some memories for me-those were the days!

Oh Yeah!

Macho..gifMacho..gifMacho.gifMacho.gif
#5130 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Well Macho weighed in.....

I can’t believe a grown man would listen to that crap Oh wait, just did

Off to take my morning dump.

Speaking of dumps, let’s get back to trashing the game

Trinidog, keep us posted dude

The expectation level for Stern is just so much higher than everybody else including JJP

As for the “code”? I love all the speculation, why not take it straight from Mike Vs mouth that there is a “whole lot more to come” with the projector and overall code and integration.

As a buyer of this great theme, which is number 1 for me, I’m confident that Eddy and Mike will bring it together.

The “I don’t know blah blah blah chatter” is based on mostly raised expectations from recent games JP, Elvira, TWD, BM66, IMDN, MET, DP, AC/DC and partly either no room left, no $$$ or both

Could it SUCK at the end of the day? It could, I doubt it based on theme alone.

Either way, if you are NOT out of space or $$$, it’s just another pinball machine with a GREAT theme!

I’m buying, playing it, if I don’t love it after 3 months I’ll sell it. But I still have my Munster LE waiting on code update. I’m sure Dwight will get to it a few years later like GB

As for losing $$$ when you go to sell, don’t buy if you can’t afford to take a hit. Not hard to figure that out these days.

It’s a lot of the same geniuses that think Rick & Morty is the greatest pin ever after a 60 second video

LMFAO!!!

#5131 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

if I don’t love it after 3 months I’ll sell it.

With all due respect Ice you do that with almost every game. I think you like the flavor of the month club and talking or being a part of new releases-which is all good. Looking at your collection makes me think you like to ride the new game train-hop aboard-toot toot.

#5132 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The code seems like a hodgepodge of random movie scenes/clips mixed in with a few static images. Stranger Things Logo on repeat with theme song going in and out with random sounds.

Exact reason I can’t stand playing GOTG. Such horrible shoehorning of a killer license. Wonder what the common denominator is...

#5133 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I can’t stand playing GOTG.

The only reason I still have GOTG is because I love the theme, layout and music. Code is a hot mess and cookie cutter modes are not very entertaining. SRT is TBD

#5134 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Oh Yeah![quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t remember what year it was, but my neighbors invited me over to a watch a pay per view of wwf with Macho vs hulk late 1980 something. It was pretty awesome.

#5135 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

With all due respect Ice you do that with almost every game. I think you like the flavor of the month club and talking or being a part of new releases-which is all good. Looking at your collection makes me think you like to ride the new game train-hop aboard-toot toot.

It’s because, wait for it...........

Stern has made some great games, with great themes that I like

So I buy what I like, what a concept

I did NOT buy DP or Guardians due to theme and no appeal to me

And sold my IMDN because it was piece of shit quality wise under the hood

Haters won’t agree but Stern quality has increased in ways since then

JP was a game I wasn’t gonna buy until it became the greatest pin ever. Tops TWD now for me

BIGGEST thing, I pay for it, I’m playing and having fun weeks later. That means something to me

Super Chexx hockey, paid 3 weeks ago, arrives Tuesday.

Still waiting on WonkaCE!!! So I’m done with JJP Nibs even though GNR will do great

It’s all great. Best time for pinball hobby ever which is a good thing lining up with the best economy ever!

#5136 4 years ago

Well Ice I know one thing for sure-with all those new titles you will be getting in soon you will need to amp up your hype for these games and start defending them like you are trying to save someone's life. You definitely have the passion-Mayhem is coming for those who dare to argue with you about any of your new games.

Mayhem is coming.pngMayhem is coming.png
#5137 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s because, wait for it...........
Stern has made some great games, with great themes that I like
So I buy what I like, what a concept
I did NOT buy DP or Guardians due to theme and no appeal to me
And sold my IMDN because it was piece of shit quality wise under the hood
Haters won’t agree but Stern quality has increased in ways since then
JP was a game I wasn’t gonna buy until it became the greatest pin ever. Tops TWD now for me
BIGGEST thing, I pay for it, I’m playing and having fun weeks later. That means something to me
Super Chexx hockey, paid 3 weeks ago, arrives Tuesday.
Still waiting on WonkaCE!!! So I’m done with JJP Nibs even though GNR will do great
It’s all great. Best time for pinball hobby ever which is a good thing lining up with the best economy ever!

Do you know where you are Ice?

You're already in the jungle...you'll be in on GnR.

#5138 4 years ago

Man, for all you guys that say the drop target hits result in SDTM and can't hit the Demogorgan shot in 1-2 tries...
LOWER THE FLIPPER POWER SETTING. The stock setting of 255 is way too effin much. Put it to 175 and it's a whole new game.
TELL YOUR OPERATORS THIS.

#5139 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Of course he will be, just getting him talking in the hype thread and he will get right on the new game train. By that time he will have probably gotten rid of JP LE(the best game ever according to Ice) and moved onto the next best game ever. Just giving you shit Ice-love you man

#5140 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well Ice I know one thing for sure-with all those new titles you will be getting in soon you will need to amp up your hype for these games and start defending them like you are trying to save someone's life. You definitely have the passion-Mayhem is coming for those who dare to argue with you about any of your new games.[quoted image]

Lol

I really don’t care what anybody else thinks BUT I do like to argue about pinball, it’s fun

Kind of like sports, KC and Niners will be in the Super Bowl

Now I just said my game IMDN was a piece of
Shit

My hype is for the excitement over this great theme

Most of the hate comes from people with no $$$ to buy or no space left

Some genuinely don’t like the theme, whatever, BUT nobody knows how the story ends because it’s NOT finished, just like TWD and BM66

#5141 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

The excitement level is already off the charts.

Damn, you are right, “welcome to the jungle” baby.

But I won’t buy one Nib and have to wait 10 months again. I’ll just wait 10 months afterwards and then buy it

Haven’t even seen Turtles and it’s the second coming of 60 second video Rick and Morty!

The WWE hype is real baby!!!!!

#5142 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Of course he will be, just getting him talking in the hype thread and he will get right on the new game train. By that time he will have probably gotten rid of JP LE(the best game ever according to Ice) and moved onto the next best game ever. Just giving you shit Ice-love you man

Ice has good taste. I love TWD and JP2. I've had an LE for both since launch. They are probably 1/2 for me all time.

I'm a massive GnR fan. I'm probably in for a CE, unless I like the art better on the LE. I really like Eric as a designer. I don't know details, but hearing this one is special.

I may be biased, but I think STH has lots of potential. If the projector is coded right, this is could be a landmark game. Time will tell.

#5143 4 years ago

Had my first couple games on a pro last night. It is a fun game to shoot. Shots feel very similar to AFM, but with surprising returns which gave it enough variety to not feel like the exact same game. I’m not sure what the adjustment is to the demogorgan to make it hit able, but the machine I played needed it. I had the battle started and nailed it 5 times but never got it in the hole. I watched 10 other games and no one ever made the shot. When that’s happening it’s a pretty useless feature. Upside down is cool, but I’m not sure the points are worth the danger of those center drop downs. I’m looking forward to where it goes with code.

#5144 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The excitement level is already off the charts.
Damn, you are right, “welcome to the jungle” baby.
But I won’t buy one Nib and have to wait 10 months again. I’ll just wait 10 months afterwards and then buy it
Haven’t even seen Turtles and it’s the second coming of 60 second video Rick and Morty!
The WWE hype is real baby!!!!!

Haha, that's more like it!!! Are you in on R&M too? I got a BSE spot last week from a distro.

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Chuckwurt I know you are the official cheerleader for SRT(I am surprised Who-dey did not step up to the plate this time) and I hope your LE turns out to be everything you expected, but it does seem like you have had your rose-colored glasses on for SRT-even weeks before reveal. You were in from day one-so I can understand clinching the pearls and trying to defend it(Hope Stern gives you a bonus check for promo).

Dude, he's not defending Stern, he's calling them out on a badly-designed main toy. Killing it quickly (on your machine) should be the norm, as the later modes require more hits thru the hole to get anywhere.

#5146 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Chuckwurt I know you are the official cheerleader for SRT(I am surprised Who-dey did not step up to the plate this time

Heeeeey easy now WTF?? Dont be dragging me into this shit show of a thread!

#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Haha, that's more like it!!! Are you in on R&M too? I got a BSE spot last week from a distro.

Gotta draw the line somewhere Rockytop.

But, my distro buddy offered me a low number spot yesterday that somebody else backed out on. Think i just wait for Turtles and GNR

He's got a LONG line waiting for GNR

#5148 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Oh Yeah![quoted image][quoted image]

Ah the memories. Saturday mornings and macho man. We never missed wrestling on Saturday mornings. Remember no you tube. Good times! Makes me want to see a macho man pin!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#5149 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Any reason why the time wasn't taken (by Stern) to ensure that the game was set up properly before your stream started? Given how hyper critical pinside is in general, I would think that it would have been in their best interest to ensure that everything that they could control was done correctly. (It's not like this was a last-minute event.)

It is a pretty big face palm. when the biggest pinball machine manufacturer in the world cant properly level a pinball machine. It wasnt just leaning left either the game was very floaty.

#5150 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

It is a pretty big face palm. when the biggest pinball machine manufacturer in the world cant properly level a pinball machine. It wasnt just leaning left either the game was very floaty.

Don’t normally agree with people bashing stuff, but this one was inexcusable. People have been BEGGING to see this thing on stream, and it isn’t level? I downloaded the pinball app , crawled under the machine, lifted it with my back because I’m a hillbilly with no lift, and leveled it. 10 mins tops, perfect. Yet they couldn’t do it AT STERNS HEADQUARTERS?? There is no defending that one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 10.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/103?hl=vipervs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.