IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 144.
#5001 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Not a boomer. Just a critical thinker. Try it some time.

Maybe not a boomer but obviously enough disconnect to not understand "ok boomer"
Also, classy how you went on the attack right away. This site needs more people like you LOL

#5002 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, you questioning the value of "LOL" definitely puts you up there with Freud, Einstein, and Galilelo in the pantheon of great critical thinkers in history. Keep it up, for the good of mankind.

Freud was a pervert.
Einstein was a fraud and a pervert. Theory of relativity was about marrying his first cousin Elsa Einstein and he also cheated on her a lot.
Galilelo was shown to be an idiot by the Michelson-Morley experiment as was Einstein

Tesla was a genius.

#5003 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maybe not a boomer but obviously enough disconnect to not understand "ok boomer"
Also, classy how you went on the attack right away. This site needs more people like you LOL

Yes it does. And less who cuck to political correctness like you.

#5004 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Political correctness? I was suggesting you be less confrontational about you opinions of silly modern acronyms. You are just a confrontational person obviously. You will do well here.

#5005 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

And less who cuck to political correctness like you.

We got ourselves an alpha male, look out everybody!

edit: LOL

#5006 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Political correctness? I was suggesting you be less confrontational about you opinions of silly modern acronyms. You are just a confrontational person obviously. You will do well here.

Thankyou?

#5007 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

We got ourselves an alpha male, look out everybody!
edit: LOL

We got ourselves a another triggered cuck. Welcome to the party pal

#5008 4 years ago

Watched the stream last night, and I gotta say I think the Pro is the way to go on this one. The projector worked well enough, but it doesn't change or add to the game in a really meaningful way. It has potential, but projector or not, the premium is basically the same game. And the magnet-lock is kind of a wash, because while the mech is cool, it makes the left ramp harder to hit. You can't backhand the left ramp on the premium/le, but you can on the pro, and they were even getting ramp rejections last night on the stream. Reminds me a bit of GB and its pro/premium ramp situation. Having seen both version of the game, I really wish they had changed the design of the demo-ramp on the pro model. It didn't need to be a perfect rectangle on the pro. Oh well.

Overall, I think this game seems to be more fun to play than to watch. I found myself losing interest about 45mins into the stream; which is unusual for me. I didn't lost interest at all on the most recent GB, JP2, or Elvira dead flip reveal-streams. But people who own it say they love the rules and how it plays, so it must be one of those gotta-play-it-yourself situations.

#5009 4 years ago

Ok back on topic.

Dimpling.

Go.

#5010 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Ok back on topic.
Dimpling.
Go.

Is it hot in LA today? Damn son. Lol

#5011 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh wow I just tried to write cursive last week for the first time in forever; it didn't go well.

It's an elective in my kid's MIDDLE school. I remember I was taught in 2nd grade.

#5012 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Whom the fuck is this dipshit?

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's an elective in my kid's MIDDLE school.

Ha!

#5013 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha!

Dunno but he quickly made it to my ignore list lol.

#5014 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's an elective in my kid's MIDDLE school. I remember I was taught in 2nd grade.

My daughter had it in second grade about 5 years ago.

#5015 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to everyone tuning in last night.
The only real issue we had was a ball stuck on a gate in the first 15 min after shooting the "gorgan". Smooth sailing after that.
We used my phone to show the room several times, and it was well lit.
As mentioned, there is still so much more to come according to Brian and Lonnie.
I'm stoked to see more on those ramps!
Not sure if a pro or premium is following me home soon, but I'm excited to try some other lighting techniques, and in darker conditions.

Tell Brian and Lonnie they did a great job....I am loving my Pro!!!! Play it every day; more than I should!!

#5016 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Anyone who needs to type "LOL" is kind of pathetic.

Well shit I guess I’m pathetic then.. LOL

#5017 4 years ago

I'm still trying to reconcile the idea that typing "LOL" is an act of idiocy while typing "cuck" is an act of critical thinking genius.

I'm also trying to figure out who this guy was before he was Shapriu; dudes like that don't just pop out of thin air. Seems kind of familiar.

#5018 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm still trying to reconcile the idea that typing "LOL" is an act of idiocy while typing "cuck" is an act of critical thinking genius.
I'm also trying to figure out who this guy was before he was Shapriu; dudes like that don't just pop out of thin air. Seems kind of familiar.

Antonio Brown.

#5020 4 years ago

Whoever he is, looks like that cuck socker has been ejected from the thread.

#5021 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha!

From what I can gather, a hunchback douchebag from LA?

#5022 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This works for certain pins, Tron, T2, Demolition Man, TNA, it just doesn’t fit with Stranger Things. To me Stranger Things is a muted earth tone palette. The outdoors, kids on bikes, Friday 13th, scary fall trees. For me this art is a huge miss on this theme. The LCD is obnoxiously clown puked and those gradient stripped fonts what were they thinking.

That's not the art direction for the game. The art direction is more anchored on the 'upside down' world of dark, violets, cool colors. The video you see of the big monster in the sky is like the anchor for everything. It centers more around the night scenes... the demo dogs, the upside down, etc.

The game is not 'earthy' in anyway... and frankly I don't agree with your assessment of the show's look/feel either.

When everyone sees the game in person... the reaction to the look has been overall positive. I can't think of a single person I've come across that turned up their nose to it. Even the comments here about the translite, etc... no one says anything in person.

This is what happens when people fixate on things in isolation vs look at how the package works.

#5023 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

finally, another thing that really stuck out was fit and finish. there wasn't any gap between the left panel and the center panel (which lowers to reveal the demigorgon), however there was about a 3/32" gap between the center and the right panel. that really cheapened it for me given the cost for these machines.

I find this to be a real nit pick. If you want to pick on it.. you should notice the panels aren't always flat to each other in most games. You don't want the gap too close.. the ramp binds and the the panels need to be bent out of the way. One could say 'why didn't they add flanges so the ramp overlaps the panels' but even still I think it is people overthinking it.

"as a few others have pointed out, there are a lot of shots on recent stern machines that come down and hit the top of the slings, rather than roll directly to your flippers which result in ricocheting into the out lanes a majority of the time."

Their game wasn't setup well. Normally the orbits feed the flippers. The stand-up target on the right side below the shooter lane often catches the ball, but a slight nudge takes care of that. I've seen examples where the switch is in the way, and some where it's not.

The worst feed is when the ball comes on the left orbit from the gate and bounces off the side rail enough to miss the flipper and drain.

#5024 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's not the art direction for the game. The art direction is more anchored on the 'upside down' world of dark, violets, cool colors. The video you see of the big monster in the sky is like the anchor for everything. It centers more around the night scenes... the demo dogs, the upside down, etc.
The game is not 'earthy' in anyway... and frankly I don't agree with your assessment of the show's look/feel either.
When everyone sees the game in person... the reaction to the look has been overall positive. I can't think of a single person I've come across that turned up their nose to it. Even the comments here about the translite, etc... no one says anything in person.
This is what happens when people fixate on things in isolation vs look at how the package works.

Obviously the game is not earthy, I feel the show is and wish the pin used a similar pallete as the show. It's just my opinion, how can people argue with how something artistic looks and feels to another person. If you love it all the power to you. To me the colour pallete of the pin is a massive miss. Where are talking about the art style obviously different people are going to have different views and opinions. My interpretation is this pin looks too over the top and clown puked, if you love that style this pin is probably great for you.

#5025 4 years ago

I'm still trying to figure out the magnet lock.

I'm wondering if it's a permanent magnet and not an electro-magnet. They could have a magnet contacting the pickup point... and maybe use a relay to tilt the magnet away and break the physical contact, thus quickly and dramatically dropping the magnet's holding strength. But photos show there is no metal exposed at the contact point... so that 'make/break' contact isn't as extreme as I postulated.

For those talking about the rejects... remember there is a different divertor on the ramp for this lock. Looks like a little jump ramp pops up to direct the ball to the magnet spot.

strangerthings-le-details-20-1576874795488.JPGstrangerthings-le-details-20-1576874795488.JPG

#5026 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Obviously the game is not earthy, I feel the show is and wish the pin used a similar pallete as the show. It's just my opinion, how can people argue with how something artistic looks and feels to another person. If you love it all the power to you. To me the colour pallete of the pin is a massive miss. Where are talking about the art style obviously different people are going to have different views and opinions. My interpretation is this pin looks too over the top and clown puked, if you love that style this pin is probably great for you.

The point you keep glossing over... have you actually seen it in person yet? So you can actually see the light and colors in the open environment instead of just on the screen?

You keep saying they 'missed' and what I'm saying is... There was more than one choice. And the choice they made does fit the source material.

#5027 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The point you keep glossing over... have you actually seen it in person yet? So you can actually see the light and colors in the open environment instead of just on the screen?

I'm talking about the color palette do you know what that is, I don't need to see it in person to realize it does not use the palette I remember from the show. When I think of the show I think of earthy fall outdoor, sunsets and forests, darkness and I personally would have prefered a pin in that pallete. This is the same as GOT do you think the GOT pin uses the same palette as the show? Are all those neon pinks, blue and purples going to change into earthy fall colours in person. I don't remember Eleven shooting lighting like the Emperor from Star Wars I remember a subtle drip of blood from her nose. I do admit I haven't watched the show since season two came out. Its ok that you have a different view and opinion its not a competition.

For me and my taste this choice of colour palette is a miss. If it hit the bullseye for you that is fantastic. There is no need to protect the hive.

#5028 4 years ago

NEEDS More Code.

Im in on a LE. But the code definitely needs to give the player a direction. Moments, callouts, etc.

I think this game is code Dependent more so than any other stern game in recent history. With the lack of toys the entire game depends on the code and the projector. And it really seems they are very early on code for the projector, at least im hoping they are. So im looking forward to more as they explore more ideas on how to utilize the projector.

Im a little sad they said no video mode. Especially with the projector, imagine a video mode on the Prem/LE that went across the panels on the PF that are projected on. Theres some cool stuff they could have done there.

Other than that im holding back from showing my gf the stream. I still think this projector is a MUST SEE in person type of thing to get the full affect.

#5029 4 years ago

You mean you still hope

#5030 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm talking about the color palette do you know what that is, I don't need to see it in person to realize it does not use the palette I remember from the show. When I think of the show I think of earthy fall outdoor, sunsets and forests, darkness and I personally would have prefered a pin in that pallete.

The point is the saturation and contrast does not come across well in the photos due to the extremes the purples tend to look on screen. But if your beef is with the reds, blues, and purples... I guess take it up with Netflix and the Show's creators? Because it fits with the images THEY used to promote the show..

poster2 (resized).jpgposter2 (resized).jpgposter3 (resized).jpgposter3 (resized).jpgposter (resized).jpgposter (resized).jpghorror (resized).jpghorror (resized).jpg

#5031 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Im in on a LE. But the code definitely needs to give the player a direction. Moments, callouts, etc.

Yet, you already bought it. What inventive do they have to do better?

Cancel your order. Buy it when it’s an acceptable product for the price.

#5032 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm still trying to figure out the magnet lock.[quoted image]

Eleven should've been a mold on the Premium/LE, not a flat face. Just my $0.02.

#5033 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yet, you already bought it. What inventive do they have to do better?
Cancel your order. Buy it when it’s an acceptable product for the price.

plot twist:

He's buying it because he wants to own it.

#5034 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The point is the saturation and contrast does not come across well in the photos due to the extremes the purples tend to look on screen. But if your beef is with the reds, blues, and purples... I guess take it up with Netflix and the Show's creators? Because it fits with the images THEY used to promote the show..

I have no idea why you care and are so fussed by my opinion. I'm not a fan of the choice of colour palette, it's ok, this is clearly hard for you but I think you'll get over it.

#5035 4 years ago

I thought the projector looked good, and it's a very cool addition to a game -- just not when it's the focal point of the entire game
Would like to see it in future games as a supplement to standard mechanical toys and used more sparingly.
This is one of the first stern games in recent history where i am just not excited to play it

#5036 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I'm guessing it might be a setup thing? I had to shoot if a few times, same with Mike.
The game was noticeably leaning left but no one fixed it so we just rolled with it. haha

Any reason why the time wasn't taken (by Stern) to ensure that the game was set up properly before your stream started? Given how hyper critical pinside is in general, I would think that it would have been in their best interest to ensure that everything that they could control was done correctly. (It's not like this was a last-minute event.)

cooked71
I made sure to use proper capitalization, grammar and punctuation so that you can sleep tonight
Since pinside is informal, I tend not to capitalize the first word in any of my sentences and only where necessary, but I see that this has upset you greatly.

#5037 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have no idea why you care and are....

Well Aurich doesn't come around to bore us all to death with this type of shit, luckily there's always someone ready to step up.

#5038 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Congratulations man I hope your enjoying your new pin!

Thanks! It is very very cool. Work can't end fast enough for me today lol....I only got about a dozen plays in on it so far.

#5039 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Ok back on topic.
Dimpling.
Go.

From your Avatar that resembles Ben Shapiro and name I’m guessing you are making a political Statement on a Pinball site. This should go well for you!

17D594A3-A270-4C79-93BC-8FB4066470B7 (resized).jpeg17D594A3-A270-4C79-93BC-8FB4066470B7 (resized).jpeg
#5040 4 years ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

Thanks! It is very very cool. Work can't end fast enough for me today lol....I only got about a dozen plays in on it so far.

If you ever want to play some 90’s B/W’s come on over and have a beer

#5041 4 years ago

I finally got a chance to play a pro on location, played 4 times and did reasonably well, got TI on one game. While I wouldn't call the game bad, I found it pretty disappointing compared to Eddy's prior games.

I didn't care for the right orbit that just banged around in the pops and dribbled back down, and I really didn't care for how those dribbles would bounce off the top of the sling to the left outlane all the time. Great, another POTC where you gotta slam the ball off the wall every time to prevent bad feeds. It made me NOT want to hit that shot. The left kickout was weird.. ejects just rattle the right inner orbit entrance and fall to the flippers. I appreciated the consistency but the sequence is just meh. With the ramp up it's even weirder, ball skips off the LR corner, rattles and goes wherever...

I was able to kill the demogorgon on my first battle, but it took 7-8 attempts to do so. You gotta finesse a weak shot, seems easier from the right as you're shooting earlier so with less force, but I think my kill came from the left and a quick button press/release. They're gonna have to do something about this though, people are gonna keep shooting it hard and banging off the top every time.. I can't see Joe Public killing many demogorgons. Maybe add a health bar and kill it off after so many bashes... I started to ignore this as the points didn't seem worth the effort.

Rest of the shots seemed OK, left orbit -> ramp is narrow, and I kinda prefer the inner-loop of AFM to this outer loop here, but it works well enough. Center drops are challenging with quick drains off them, but the ball gets hung up behind them and you gotta wait for the game to reset the bank to free it up. Happened often enough to be noticeably annoying.. I think the bank would be better angled like WMS IJ or Avengers.

I didn't try to dig too far into the code, but it seemed OK. Upside Down scoring is pretty high but I figure that's more of not yet knowing how to exploit the regular modes for maximum profit.

IMHO this has a ways to go before it's as good as Shadow, MM or AFM, but hopefully code can flesh it out.

#5042 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I didn't try to dig too far into the code, but it seemed OK. Upside Down scoring is pretty high but I figure that's more of not yet knowing how to exploit the regular modes for maximum profit.

Yup.. upside down for 20-30mil is good cheap points in a low scoring game.. but doesn't pull weight in a good scoring 100-500mil point game.

Right now many modes start off super cheap.. 250k per shot... while other modes can quickly get into 1+mil per shot. The biggest bang seems to be a long playing telekenesis multiball as your points from the MB really boost your bonus. I expect that will change.

The center shot seems slope sensitive... I think people will find dialed in games playing fine, and the center impossible on games that not setup diligently. Points aren't super valuable there on the center anyway (yet).

#5043 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If you ever want to play some 90’s B/W’s come on over and have a beer

Would absolutely love to!! Just let me know when!

#5044 4 years ago

My early take so far from the stream and reveal in general:

Overall my impression is it captures the theme really well. It has a lot of atmosphere. It's fast, brutal, has flow, and really cool features. Not sure about the far right shot...needs the right code to help that make sense to me.

Art - A

Music and sounds effects - A+, really sets the mood and atmosphere

Lighting - B Great atmosphere in the game, light-show could use some work

Callouts - B- needs more emotion and more from the various actors (it's coming)

Layout - B+ 9 paths, fast, brutal, good flow

Toys - A+, magnetic ball lock, demogorgan with drops, ramp that lowers, shaking, shooting it in his mouth, projector has a long way to go...looks good though and has massive potential

#5045 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I can't see Joe Public killing many demogorgons.

I reached the Demogorgan in my first game and was able to kill him with my second shot. From the left flipper as I've heard was the better option here.

Wasn't able to kill it on my second game but that was on me. Difficulty felt appropriate, but likely depends on setup as stated above.

I'm very average ability.

#5046 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Wasn't able to kill it on my second game but that was on me. Difficulty felt appropriate, but likely depends on setup as stated above.

There are 5 demo modes remember. And it’s not a one and done kill after the first one. For instance, the second one is a multiball that when you hit the hole twice the ramp raises and lights all major shots red for jackpots.

Those are some great rules and I’m sure the later demo modes will be similar and get deeper.

However, if most of these modes ride on the fact you have to consistently be able to hit the mouth, some of these games will NEVER see past the 2nd or 3rd mode. It just won’t be possible.

Hopefully once more people get them or future batches come out, the shot will be more makeable. Or maybe code implemented to compensate.

#5047 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It always amazes me how people on here hate me so damn much with people like this around. I never even remotely approach that level of asshattery. But OH MY GOD I HAVE AN OPINION AND WILL DEFEND IT.......ERMAGERD TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT WHERE I LIVE.....yep, I'm the Satan, didn't you know?

Forgot to watch the stream last night. About to watch some of it on my lunch break, whee. Projector seemed alright, if underutilized in the little bits I've seen so far.

#5048 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I made sure to use proper capitalization, grammar and punctuation so that you can sleep tonight
Since pinside is informal, I tend not to capitalize the first word in any of my sentences and only where necessary, but I see that this has upset you greatly.

Thanks j_m_ . Was really worried your keyboard was broken.

#5049 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Young millennials have punted on the shift key too. I’ve never received a text from my daughter with a single capital letter. Haha

Your daughters phone doesn't have autocorrect? Cheapskate. On the flip side, all of my texts from my elders is all caps.

#5050 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Your daughters phone doesn't have autocorrect? Cheapskate. On the flip side, all of my texts from my elders is all caps.

I think she has to out of her way to do all lowercase which is even weirder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/101?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.