By CUJO

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stern_Stingray_instruction.cards copy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I've got a Stern Stingray that is mechanically/eclecrtonically working.
It has a some playfield planking unfortunately and some paint lifting on the right lower side but my questions are these:

1. Are there any Custom Instruction cards anywhere for this pin? Can't seem to find any.

2. Seems like the playfield slope is to low. I measured the Y: slope as 4 degrees and X: 0 degrees when laying the phone app directly on playfield.
I have (4) 28.5" flat chrome legs which I believe are standard on this pin and the 3" leg levelers which are all the way down in the front and all the way up in the rear.
What is the recommended playfield slope for this older pin? Seems much too slow as it is now and sometimes hangs on the right inner outlane angled corner. Same on the left inner outlane angled corner. Have the tilt off so not to spoil the fun....

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

How accurate is your app? I have a basic leveler IPad app that only shows whole degrees. My Stern Lightning uses the same 28.5 legs and and I have the rear levelers up only a little higher than the front ones and doesn’t play slow. Reads 5 degrees but I can tell by tweaking the Pad either way it’s more like 5 & 1/2. You say u disconnected the tilt... were you unable to adjust it to center where you have the levelers cranked now? And what is the exact point where the balls are getting hung up there around the inlanes?

Pretty accurate..I use it all the time to check angles, esp Houdini which needs to be right at 6.5 degress.
The app is called Bubble Level on the Google Playstore.

I worked on the 5 rollovers on the upper right the other day. They all needed tightening up under the playfield and all the switch stacks were loose so aligned and tightened all 5.

The only place it gets stuck now is the lower right inlane where the two wireforms meet. The vertical one is leaning to the right ever so slightly. Not sure if that's the way it was originally or over time it bent some but will try to make that wire form perpendicular to playfield and see.

The tilt bob appears to be perfectly centered in the ring. I just raised it very high to avoid tilts during ball hangs.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Great game.
[quoted image]

Thanks!
I was looking for a pair of color custom cards to "dress up" the game some but haven't found any.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

2,182 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stingray-questions?tu=CUJO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.