Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by hank35
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hats of to Stern... Screwing up two machines that I know of out of box. Metallica - Nice looking game, cool playfield. I started digging the shots. But the magnet issues, not having the mystery hole working and not having this all ironed out before you ship is unacceptable. At $7500 a clip +/- I think
there should be more work done prior to it's release. What game had issues prior to this?
Avengers. Another $7500 mess. Plunger not working, hulk figure destroying himself, some hang
up issues here/there. That's a lot of dough to fork out for 2 new machines. Quality control needs
to step up here. Tesseract cube breaking off. Is this what people are paying their hard earned
money for? If these issues aren't ironed out soon, these games are going to singled out like a
house that doesn't sell which has been on the market too long.

#2 10 years ago

Though I tend to agree with better QC....I have to respect what they are trying to do.

I bought a METLE NIB and have not been disappointed with anything. Was it frustrating to not have EVERYTHING working perfect when I got it? Perhaps. But I swear, the excitement opening the game made up for ANY shortcomings that I knew would eventually get ironed out by Stern and Sheats.
I knew full well what I was getting into when I bought the machine. I was aware of how Stern did their business, I had played their games, read reviews, contacted Stern directly with any questions I had - I became an "educated" buyer - like test driving a car - I knew what I was getting.
Now if Stern was sitting on their hands and doing nothing to fix these issues, then there would be a problem. They have sent out parts to buyers in attempts to rectify issues. They are releasing code-updates at a frequently regular basis that is super exciting every-time just to see what is new and what Mr. Sheats brain is thinking.

The only way METLE is ever going to get singled out is for being one heck of a pin!!

#3 10 years ago

did they fix after you reported the errors

#4 10 years ago

Sorry to hear about your problems. I got lucky compared to many other METLE owners in that I had zero issues out of the box. Just got it a few weeks ago and upgraded to 1.2 before ever playing a game on it... was out of town. I hope everything gets fixed for you. It has quickly become my favorite pin. I'm sure some of the newness will wear off, but it's Stern's best pin to date IMO.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Quality control needs
to step up here.

I've had Metallica money in hand since I heard it was coming out. Stern will get my money when the issues have been ironed out. If they're not fixed, I'll keep my money.

It sounds like the problems you're having with Metallica are similar to what I experienced with AC/DC, which were too many QC issues. After AC/DC, I vowed not to pre order a game. I want to play a new pinball, not fix it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-step-up-your-quality-control-metallicaavengers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.