(Topic ID: 115183)

Stern Stars - board component question (solved)

By SPeD66

5 years ago

Topic Stats

  • 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SPeD66
  • No one calls this topic a favorite


Linked Games

  • Stars Stern Electronics, 1978

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).


#1 5 years ago

Seems transistors are referred to as TIP this & TIP that. What "TIP" number would Q2 on the lamp driver board be?
I can't read the numbers on the transistor in question but all others on the board seem to be one of two models:

GE813 C105Y1 X256
GE813 C106Y1 X258

(Photo does not include Q2.)


#2 5 years ago

That's not a transistor, it is an SCR. Most people use an MCR106 as a replacement. Big Daddy Enterprises and GPE have them.

#3 5 years ago

Well there you go sped66. Stangbat, does scr stand for semiconductor?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from maestro:

does scr stand for semiconductor?

Silicone controlled rectifier.

LTG : )©

#5 5 years ago

Thank you all very much!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
From: $ 18.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
From: $ 15.00
$ 44.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
From: $ 140.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
$ 149.00
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
From: $ 45.00
From: $ 369.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside