• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978
#1 6 years ago

Hi,

The tilt on my stars is not registering, and I have reason to suspect the capacitor. Does anyone know the size for this cap? I cannot read mine anymore, and I can't seem to locate it in the schematics.

TIA!

#2 6 years ago

Just another disc cap for a switch. Like the 470 Pico farad.

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/capacitors/ceramic-disc-capacitors/10-x-0-047uf-50v-ceramic-disc-capacitor-pkg-of-10.html

Stock up, they are cheap.

But, this would not stop it from registering. Just stop it from registering quick hits. If you trigger it by hand and it does not register this is not your issue. The cap simply adds a delay so a slow old CPU can register while scanning. And if it was shorted it would register all the time.

#3 6 years ago

Also, did you do anything to it? We had a guy once who ran the plumb-bob assembly parts through a tumbler / polisher and wanted to keep it clean and shiny so he hit it with a few shots of clear.

#4 6 years ago

Hm, no I haven’t touched it. I guess it could be a connector issue on J3? I’ll check tomorrow when I’m back at the game.

Thanks for the reply!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 69.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stars-tilt-bob-capacitor-size and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.