Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 7.23.10 AM (resized).png
buffs (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.34.10 AM (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

Looking to replace a few leaf switches on my Stern Stars. Doesn’t anyone know where to buy a good replacement from?

Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

Monday morning bump.

#3 6 years ago

Which switches? Wire rollovers? Standup targets?

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.34.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.34.10 AM (resized).png

#4 6 years ago

I'd be interested in some info as well.

Neither of my roll overs work well. Would like to replace them but wasn't sure what part to buy.

#5 6 years ago

The 4 sling shot switches.

#6 6 years ago

I make my own with blades and points:

http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#common

#7 6 years ago

I only replace if someone mistakenly filed off the gold from the contact.

I've had great luck cleaning the gold plated faces of the contacts with Wrights Brass Polish. Wipe on, let dry, wipe clean.
You can buy it cheap at any grocery store.

Quoted from Pmaino:

Looking to replace a few leaf switches on my Stern Stars. Doesn’t anyone know where to buy a good replacement from?
Thanks.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I only replace if someone mistakenly filed off the gold from the contact.

Me too. I hit non-working switches with a quick burst from a well used abrasive buff on my Dremel (think well worn 3M scotchbrite.) Cleans them off without damaging them. Never had one go bad yet.

buffs (resized).jpgbuffs (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago

Well for what its worth, the parts catalog indicates those switches are SW-462, but my searching by part number came up empty.
Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 7.23.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-31 at 7.23.10 AM (resized).png

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

Well for what its worth, the parts catalog indicates those switches are SW-462, but my searching by part number came up empty.

Yeah I came up with the same. Was hoping someone had some luck finding.

#11 6 years ago

That drawing looks like an example for a switch with a backward contact point...

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

That drawing looks like an example for a switch with a backward contact point...

Most of the ones in my Seawitch are like that. What the hell where they smoking back then?

#13 6 years ago

Most from Bally and Stern were put together wrong from the supplier supplying these.

Quoted from dasvis:

Most of the ones in my Seawitch are like that. What the hell where they smoking back then?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00
$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stars-leaf-switches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.