Stern Stars - Half the Chimes Just Went Out

By RyThom

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978
#1 8 years ago

Mid-game, the right two chimes on my Stars stopped working. I realized this when the end of ball bonus was silent. Next ball, the bonus sound was back...but not the ball after that. The two higher-pitched chimes work fine, though.

The chime fuse is good and I couldn't see any loose wires near the chime unit.

Any ideas?

#2 8 years ago

Reseat MPU J4 and the two connectors on the right side of the Solenoid Driver/Regulator Board. If they recover, rebuild all those connectors...both sides.

#3 8 years ago

Thank you! Now i'm up to 3 chimes (which, turns out is all I ever had!). Looks like its time to rebuild some connectors.

#4 8 years ago

Be methodical and note the wire colors/traces, larger wires, keys (order a key for each connector with your order, plus extras for down the road) and empty pins. Do one wire at a time...insert matchsticks to mark empties.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stars-half-the-chimes-just-went-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.