9 days ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Neal_W
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0736E836-D72D-4335-9345-71C9AA0846D0 (resized).jpeg
    Stars_DropTargets1 (resized).jpg

#1 9 days ago

I picked up a Stars pin and have two questions:

1. What color are the drop target stars supposed to be? The pics on IPDB are inconclusive to me. The ones on my pin are worn and it looks like they might have had some replaced.

2. The manual for Stars shows the slingshot bands as being 2". That seems REALLY tight ! I thought most were 3" ? A 2" will fit, but it stretches it really thin and really tight. Is that 2", a mis-print in the manual ?

#2 9 days ago

1. blue red blue - on both
    2. How aboot a 2.5?
    Can't remember myself even though I just did it a few days ago. Anyway it doesn't matter what's listed...not too loose not too tight.

#3 9 days ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

2. The manual for Stars shows the slingshot bands as being 2". That seems REALLY tight ! I thought most were 3" ? A 2" will fit, but it stretches it really thin and really tight. Is that 2", a mis-print in the manual ?

What is printed on the playfield under the slingshot? Available sizes are 2”, 2-1/2”, 2-3/4, 3”, etc. Try a 2-1/2” and 2-3/4”.

#4 9 days ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

What is printed on the playfield under the slingshot?

Don't think Stars lists them

#5 9 days ago

Yeah, the manual calls for 2" but I have 2 1/2" on mine and they seem about perfect.

#6 8 days ago

The flyer image at ipdb shows blue outsides and red centers. Most of the one's I've seen have yellow ones in there unless the yellow is a faded red.

Put it this way.... if a buyer comes along to buy it and says "you put the wrong targets in there [and I want $$$ off]" that's a good indication to show them the door. Put 'whatever' in there unless it's some kind of museum piece.

#7 8 days ago
    Quoted from slochar:

Put it this way.... if a buyer comes along to buy it and says "you put the wrong targets in there [and I want $$$ off]" that's a good indication to show them the door. Put 'whatever' in there unless it's some kind of museum piece.

Bit of a leap from what he's talking aboot.

Anywhom, whatever you have is fine and can be covered with tractordoc's decals. Great productt

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1169-doc-s-pinball-shop/02155-vinyl-star-decals-for-drop-targets-blue-and-red-stars

#8 8 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Bit of a leap from what he's talking aboot.

Not really. He bought a bunch of games a couple months back and he's working through them and selling them.

#9 8 days ago

Seems logical to me to go by the colored stars on the playfield.

Stars_DropTargets1 (resized).jpg

#10 8 days ago

2 3/4" rubber rings are standard for Classic Stern kicker assemblies.

#11 8 days ago

Stars came with green and red targets. I have two playfields that are original. Maybe it should have had blue targets since the spinners are blue.

0736E836-D72D-4335-9345-71C9AA0846D0 (resized).jpeg
    #12 8 days ago

Mine are blue/red/blue, however my original rule card does give the rules for the green and red drop targets. Clearly green/red/green were also used.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pinball Haus
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 26.50
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.95
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 49.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside