20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#674 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I definitely want to see the thing in action. The only video from a year ago was pretty lackluster at best. Does r2 bounce? Does he project anything (doubtful)? When does he activate in gameplay?

Yes... A video would be cool. I took the chance and ordered one from GAP... checking every day for a tracking number email.
I took a chance considering this Pin is my Grail pin... No plans on leaving my house unless stolen, caught on fire, or the wife divorces me My pins have survived a 6.5 and 7.1 earthquake this year....

I'm hoping the topper could trigger another code update?? Does someone know if any of the recent Stern Toppers (Walking Dead, Black Knight, Munsters) are controlled by the code or is it only connected for power??

1 week later
#834 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Also included photos of the node board and the other board. There are two boards in this. I am sure the motor is under R2, but I didn't want to mess with that. Topper works great. Lots of additional sounds throughout the game.

Thanks for these photos... I was curious to see what was under the hood... Still patiently waiting for my email notice from GAP when it ships....

Would be cool is someone (if possible) to modify this topper to add the holographic projector that R2 uses throughout all the SW movies... Would be EXTRA special it can be triggered at certain events within the game... but that is a complete Reverse Engineer process that does not sound legal.... The projector is such a staple tool/feature for R2 that is a shame Stern did not support this.

From an engineering perspective, would that node board be able to support a Holographic projector unit? Where would the cable run from the Node board to the projector?

It would be cool if STERN would have a Monthly video forum/segment on design decisions for their products. What better way to keep customers by provide inside design round table to the public (without spilling their secrets they hold dear of course). Free advertisement there as well.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Cut off the dome and replace the one on the Stern topper.

2 weeks later
#933 4 years ago

Another topper in the house!! #210. I did not get a notice from GAP, but coming home to see it on my front door was both exciting and nervousness. Damn shipping company clearly did not care about the fragile tape on the box (see enclosed photo). Thankfully, cosmetically no dents or scratches... I did notice the bottom piece on R2 body that is slightly hidden from the frame seems like a glued white construction paper with printed grey rectangles??? Really!?!?! I have yet to take it out of the plastic as I cannot install it tonight and I do NOT want my little sticky children fingers on my Topper.

21298A77-1830-4C2A-8C3A-173B64E16715 (resized).jpeg21298A77-1830-4C2A-8C3A-173B64E16715 (resized).jpegA362B18E-8AB8-48A8-A353-A23390B3E2B5 (resized).jpegA362B18E-8AB8-48A8-A353-A23390B3E2B5 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Thick skin - Thin skin... its irrelevant. When you spend $750 on something the shit should work. Doesn't matter if you can take it apart blind folded or not.

This statement I agree with 100%. It should work right out of the box. Luckily, mine feels like it does just that. It’s too bad even with Sterns implementation decisions they did not execute it 100%. It even questions how is this product should work correctly? How does a consumer verify that if Stern does not even release product description of how it should work, what addition features are provided, etc...

Because Our market is a niche one with this “limited release”, these flaws are tolerated (when it should not).

I still like my topper... this pinball machine is not leaving my house unless: I die, get divorced, stolen, or natural disaster (fire, earthquake).

5 months later
#1208 3 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Any distributors have the topper in stock?

Looks like my semi-local distributor might have some:

https://www.orangecountypinballs.com/product-page/copy-of-star-wars-pinball-stern-accessories

Perhaps call them to verify, but I was able to put it in my shopping cart.

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

$600 shipping lol

Wow, I did not even look at that. Yeah, scratch that option. Back to the drawing board for ya.

Glad I bought my overpriced Topper when GAP had some in stock with $50 shipping. $600 for a topper???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper?tu=zermeno68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.