20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#527 4 years ago

WOW.....the price of this topper is out of this world!

Get it?

Boys and girls I've seen some dumb shit in my life but I think this right here might just be the dumbest thing that I've ever seen! I'm telling you right now and I'm being totally serious, this is nothing more than a test to see how much money people are willing to spend on a topper. Call me a conspiracy theorist I don't care, but I truly believe that.

This brings a whole new meaning to getting bent over.

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It's hard for me to understand how it's "bending anyone over a barrel"

Because when you use terms like that it just makes the story so much more fun to read. Its all about the drama.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Sounded like orders are piling in to the dealers;

Yeah I bet lol. I'm sure that they wouldn't BS you to make you feel better about paying 800 dollars for that Haha. If you like it that's all that matters though and it's your money so you should spend it how you want to. Congrats.

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I try to put toppers on all of my pins. Hundreds of dollars spent on silly light up decorations on top of an expensive toy. It's probably not the best thing to spend money on. But...spending 8, 9, 10k+ on a toy is probably not much better.
IMO toppers are ALL overpriced for what you actually get, but I still buy them. Because I like them. They look great up there!
GOTG only lights up (400). TWD too (400). DP at least has a spinning thumb (400). BM66 projector is really cool (250 I think). Although the BM66 Villians topper only lights up and costs 600! (I didn't buy this one).
So... even though I feel that the new SW one looks like the base is unfinished, AND I feel that having LE badges on toppers is a really silly idea, I DO think that a moving, light up, beeping R2D2 looks really cool up there. If I still had my SW I'm sure I would want this topper. It's only 150 more that the Villians topper. At least it moves!
We (the pinheads) need to remember that we spend LOTS of money on toys. LOTS! We shouldn't judge guys because they spend more money on lights or mods or decorations. And we definitely shouldn't judge guys for their decision to spend their money on toys VS their homes (or anything else).
Nick

I like toppers also and I've got TWD, MUNSTERS, and AS. I dont like the GB topper so I didnt get it but I will probably get the IMDN one even though its overpriced. I couldn't get the SW topper though honestly because it's just too ridiculously overpriced.

They are cool though..I think it's funny how some people love them and how some people hate them. Seems like its 50/50 on that.

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Wonder what the licensing fee from Disney/Lucas Arts was on just 500 units.

Way too much apparantly. Lol

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So far there are two owners in this thread. Both have posted upside down photos. A request for a video may be unrealistic.
All kidding aside, I appreciate the photos and information provided so far. But a video would be fantastic. Pro tip: ask your spouse, friend, or kids to film the video while you play. Upload to YouTube unpublished and post the link to this thread.

I dont really think it does much. Looks like the head just spins around occasionally. Not very exciting for 775 dollars that's for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.