20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbtx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

The moment I saw it I wanted it.

Me too. I hope you get your issues resolved quickly and thanks for providing hands on information about the topper.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone actually have any in stock yet?

I ordered mine from the dealer that sold me the pin, but they indicated it might be a bit before it shipped, i.e. January. They did throw in free shipping, which was appreciated.

#700 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Here's a gameplay vid with the topper;

Thanks for posting the video.

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Even if you put a rubber gasket underneath, that would stop light leak but not wound. There are big holes in the top of the base so sound would come out there.

Looking at the pictures it seems to me that all of the "light leak" around R2D2 is intended. There are several led lamps inside the base that are pointed to shine out those big holes and around the perimeter of the droid.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

The leak concerns the leak out the bottom, between the base and the base plate.

Sorry, I thought the light leak around the base was something new. I must have misread a couple of posts. Thanks

#836 4 years ago

I'm probably going to regret this...

R2D2 (resized).JPGR2D2 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#923 4 years ago

Number 316 was delivered safely today, which is remarkable considering the condition of the carton! There's been a lot of talk about "stickers" not being straight or what have you. I don't know if they changed the process, but I don't believe mine has any stickers on it. I'm seeing blue paint with perhaps a lighter primer underneath it and a hard line around the edge where the painted area was masked off. I see tiny areas where they ran a razor over the seam to keep the mask from taking the paint with it. I'm even seeing very small areas where blue paint bled under the mask (I'm using a jewel's loupe). Yes, some of the lines look like they are done with a fine point marker and a few lines aren't perfectly straight, but this thing took a lot of work and looks great!

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

That’s going to cause a stir. If they’re improving the later runs of this thing get ready.

I'm not trying to cause a stink, I'm more curious if any of them have stickers (I'm speaking specifically about the dome). At a glance the blue areas look like a sticker, but I still believe that they are paint. I had an early concern that a vinyl decal might lift, particularly when on a domed surface. I may be all wrong, but why would there be blue paint bleeding out from under a sticker? I may try to get pictures later.

The cylindrical part of the droid does look like a vinyl sticker but there are no issues with it. Looks great. I doubt the movie prop looked any better.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Here is a picture with the dome off the topper. As you can see there is a metal ring and the dome attaches at 3 points. Some of these points are just threaded screw holes and the screw is painted to match the color of the the part of the dome it goes through. In the prong facing us there is a threaded post, the projector cone is a nut that goes on this post. It is sitting just to the right of the topper in this picture.

I have not disassembled mine, nor do I plan to, but it appears from your photo (and others) that there are no light bulbs inside the dome, but rather lenses in the dome that let light pass through from below. I was wondering how the head could spin 360 degrees without some elaborate electrical contact system to prevent wires from getting twisted. That's pretty cleaver. Might also explain why there is no projector. The old KISS engineering principle at work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 21.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 10.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbtx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper?tu=nickbtx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.