20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 5 years ago

It already has a product page on Marco for $499.

1 month later
#86 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I got $650 from these comments. Hopefully it’s $499

Those are the Pinside speculation "facts" we see so much of, sometimes known as fake news.

2 months later
#126 5 years ago

So there are the standard R2 lights and sounds? That's at least nice. His movements are a little herky jerky but I suppose that is what you get with what is probably pinball parts inside and not necessarily something custom built to achieve realism as a prop reproduction.

If I had my druthers, I would have just had a complete R2 in the same scale with no base at all, even if the dome just did the same things it does now.
277973137_c15d567dbe_b (resized).jpg277973137_c15d567dbe_b (resized).jpg

1 week later
#183 5 years ago

Someone list it on ebay so I can grab one on the next 10%-20% off sale.

#191 5 years ago

I can't spend $500 on a topper no matter how much I would like to. My GOT topper came on the game when I bought it and I went aftermarket acrylic for my GB topper. $200-$250 is my sweet spot. At $399 for the SW, I would have probably done it eventually but not at $500.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The word you are looking for is "regardless."

Lol I resisted the urge to post this because I knew someone else would have it covered.

It's amusing to count the amount of people who use it at work in a given day. I don't correct them either but it does give me a little chuckle inside.

4 months later
#259 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Sorry didn't feel like reading through the thread. Has this thing been released yet? Everyone happy with it so far?

You only have to read three posts up for the latest news on the subject:

"The most recent Stern of the Union communication didn't mention any "new" Star Wars topper news. Ugh. Same ol' same ol' - it's approved...blah blah.."

1 month later
#279 5 years ago

My only game without a topper as well. Honestly, I'd probably prefer a cheaper option like a laseriffic or something that was done nicely. Something with some layers and cool lighting effects.

2 months later
#317 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I find modder toppers superior to those that are available by the original builder company. Modders are pinball enthusiasts, companies...are for the $$$$.

I almost agree 100%. The Stern GOT topper was pretty badass. Now that the game is gone, I have no games with factory toppers.

4 months later
#356 4 years ago

Get the F out of here.... $800 for a topper that looks like that? That's insane! The GOT topper was better and much less.

#381 4 years ago

Stern MSRP is $769 plus shipping. It's for real.

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

is stern crazy, or are the SW owners? it's pretty sad that not only have the owners had to wait over a year for the dang thing, but in addition to an almost 2x price increase over their other toppers it appears to look like a big, cheap model kit. and wtf?!? now toppers are a limited edition thing?
kind of makes me wish that they farmed out the tooling (and finish) to a company like sideshow collectables). at least that way R2 would have had a chromed dome and looked a lot nicer to justify that $750 price tag.
[quoted image]
image courtesy of this week in pinball (which still looks like the original photo from 6 months ago)

Oooh a Sideshow reference, my Peter tingle went off

I've been collecting Sideshow since the late 90's. They really blew up with the pick up of the Weta LOTR distribution in the early 2k's. That's back when edition sizes were a modest 500-750. Loved hanging with those SS guys at SDCC in the mid 2k's.

2 weeks later
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

We are at the AMC theatre for the movie. My wife bought me this. $50 for R2, large popcorn and large soda.
I could have saved $700...[quoted image]

Cut off the dome and replace the one on the Stern topper.

1 month later
#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Where do you think this negativity magically comes from? I'll tell you. It comes from people who played the game. It's been out since Christmas. Almost everyone I know has played it and has the first hand experience you mention. Glad you like it though.

But you do realize that when people say bad things it affects my enjoyment of said something so I must defend it's honor and in turn my enjoyment of it

3 weeks later
#1113 4 years ago

Wife got this for me as a Christmas present and it just arrived last week. Haven't played it much but with the 2 games I've had time to play, it seems to be operating 100%.

2 months later
#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

The bigger question is why do you continue to waste time posting in a thread for a product you have no interest in?

He's just participating in the new great American past time, "being super judgie". I just spent the last 3 hours listening to my in laws who have perfected the art....

#1169 3 years ago

I love mine too. Admittedly I was initially turned off by the price but to quote someone else, I've spent much more for less (including my $1500 of Alien air I purchased from Heighway).

I don't judge people for what they spend their money on, mainly because I don't care. I'm certainly not going to spout flame and crap all over their enjoyment of the purchase. If I wouldn't be rude enough to do it in person, why would I do it on the internet.

#1181 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You really are reading Way to much into this. I nor was anyone defensive to you or his post. Would it help you feel better if we say “we really like it a lot” instead of love it? Asking if we agree it’s “an over priced piece of junk” seems like trolling with stupid bait to me.

Don't forget "Why are you guys wasting your money?"

2 weeks later
#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Hi all,
I have a pro inbound and would love the topper but obviously reading the 24 pages here it hasn't had the warmest of receptions and is unobtainable anyway. What have others done and has anybody made anything interactive with the game? Suggestions and links welcome please!

Why is it unobtainable? Last check showed several vendors with them available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 21.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper?tu=jarbyjibbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.