20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Not even making this up. Cut and pasted from the past 6 months. Lather, rinse, repeat.
December: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved, but is waiting on documentation final approval before production can begin. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale.
January: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale and add it to our Stern Shop.
February: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale and add it to our Stern Shop.
March: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale and add it to our Stern Shop.
April: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved and we’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available.
May: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved and we’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available.

That’s freakin hilarious.

6 months later
#367 4 years ago

Pinball sales are down so let’s cash in on a Star Wars topper. Lmao. Simps will still buy it sadly.

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Yeah that pic says it all.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

zmeny your photo looks different than the gap photo. There is a screw where the projector cone is on the other photo. Is that a stock stern photo?[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s just the back vs front. Crappy either way.

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe, but they are clearly not the same topper.[quoted image]

I think I am wrong. GAP just posted a new pic. Maybe one with badge was a prototype.

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

That I call "sound financial decision making"
I'm buying one!

Yeah teach the kiddos about keeping up with the jones’s Great idea.

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

It’s connected correctly but may not be reaching one of the switches the diagnostic menu only lets me test one and it has the same problem.

Could have put that money to finishing that basement room. Jmho

1 week later
#706 4 years ago

Lmao off at this topper.

#725 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Great for $175!! Does a lot!!

Awesome. 750 for a crappy topper or this. Gee whiz.

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

The paint is not bonded to the plastic well at all. I get the feeling that if I touch it I’ll end up taking more off.
I plugged it in and the motor seems okay. This would be an amazing $350 topper....
[quoted image]

But instead they got ya for 750 plus shipping.

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

lmaoooooooo
A Sharpie and hand-cut decals for $750?
Let's be honest, if this were from some random mod-maker we'd call it out as junk. Even if it was $150 bucks.

This topper is a complete joke. Star Wars fans stomped on again and the pinball itself is subpar to what it could have been.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from That370Z:

#55 arrived today with a nice little scuff mark and some crooked decals. After installing the topper on my game and then powering it up, R2 will not move. It lights up and that’s about it, so much for Stern’s quality control!
When I was at Disney World last month, Galaxy’s Edge had a “Droid Depot” where you build your own droid for $199 (+tax). It even comes with a remote which allows you to steer it around, have it make noises, light up, and spin its head around. There are no cheap misaligned decals, no scuff marks on any of the pieces, and overall made with better quality materials. All for about 1/3 the price of Stern’s topper!
Another thing that got to me, why would the plaque be displayed backwards?! Who are we showing off the plaque to, the wall? So much for a limited edition topper, you wouldn’t even know![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s garbage. So sorry. Return the damn thing and just get money back.

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That thing looks awesome can't wait to get mine.

Hopefully yours works. Hopefully not scratched. Hopefully the decals line up.

1 month later
#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from drjeff112:

I getting ready to throw this piece of junk in the dumpster!! My R2 topper arrived broken. Installed it. It spun 1/4 turn upon power up then got stuck with loud metallic noise and then never moved again. Called stern. Shipped it back for repair. Got it back in the mail supposedly fixed. Reinstalled it yesterday and ITS STILL BROKEN!!!! Right out of the box again !!!! This time the little guy didn’t even give me any movement. Lights up and sounds good but doesn’t move. I took off the head and checked for the fix shown in this thread but that’s not the issue. The roller is in perfect position. (See pictures) The motor just doesn’t work. Checked and reseated all the jumpers on the 2 node boards in the topper and still nothing !! I’m really fed up. Gonna call stern tomorrow and ship it back again. There’s no way they plugged this into a machine and quality checked it when they had it! I have installed this twice now and it’s still sucks. Piece of $750 junk !!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get your money back. Stern is garbage quality. My friend just bought one and he sent it back.

2 weeks later
#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from y2jdmbfan:

I guess I am glad I don't have the ceiling clearance for this guy...LOL

Yes indeed

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

It showed up in the mail today looking as lopsided at it did the last two times I sent it back. I'm not even putting it on the game this time. I have asked for a refund and am contemplating cancelling my Beatles topper order.

You really shouldn’t be contemplating at this point. Jmho.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
13,700 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper?tu=Multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.