20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JonCrox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1199 3 years ago

Hi all,

I have a pro inbound and would love the topper but obviously reading the 24 pages here it hasn't had the warmest of receptions and is unobtainable anyway. What have others done and has anybody made anything interactive with the game? Suggestions and links welcome please!

#1204 3 years ago

Sorry, to be clear I though they were all sold out and I wouldn't pay that much for one anyway, I was wondering if someone had made something similar as a mod for less money that still interacted with the game like the official topper? I'm guessing not, so I was wondering what others have done instead as a topper?

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you look at the image gallery of this thread you will see several alternate toppers others have done. None interact.

Thanks mate, I should have thought of that!

1 month later
#1224 3 years ago

Hi all, myself and another SW owner in the UK wish to buy 2 SW toppers, delivered to a US address which will forward to us here in UK. Paying from the UK is at the mercy of the exchange rate so we use Transferwise.com for all larger international payments as suggested by the main UK pinball supplier Pinball Heaven. To make the payment we obviously need bank details of the recipient but a US dealer with toppers in stock has been burnt by scammers before and has pulled out of the deal because they insist that I pay through their online facility or use a credit card and this will keep their bank details private and they have never heard of Transferwise.com.

The exact amount on the invoice in $ would go via Transferwise and directly into their account so I'm not sure how giving me details how to pay them could lead to me ripping them off, in the UK most invoices have the recipients bank details on them for payment! Nevertheless the choice to not move forward is theirs and I respect that, but if any dealers do have SW Toppers in stock and are familiar with 3rd party international payment companies please pm me to make a sale! Bonus points if you find a dusty GB Topper at the back of the top shelf!

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Sure enough, I plugged it in booted up and R2's head is grinding and stuck in one place.

Easy fix? Asks idiot who is still looking for one of these pieces of sh1t because, quite frankly, I'm a bit of a bellend!

#1231 3 years ago

Ok,

Topper ordered and inbound, Thank you Game Room Guys, very easy to deal with. Any advice on these toppers please? Should I dismantle and check all screws before I install? Anything specific to look for or test? Thanks in advance for any tips!

#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Definitely take it apart before installing. Three major things to check.
1) That the roller on the motor shaft is positioned correctly and that the set screw is tight. There is a great detailed post in this thread on how to check. This can cause the head not spinning/grinding issue.
2) Make sure the strap clamp holding the motor steady is tight. If it starts rotating in that clamp it can short on some screws and blowout the motor control board. This can be the cause of the head not spinning/grinding issue, and then the head not moving at all issue. At this point also check the motor position. The shaft is offset, the motor should be positioned so the roller is against the ring that rotates the head, but not so tight against it that the motor is leaning in the bracket. This is important especially if you tried out the topper and already had the motor rotating issue.
3) Check that none of the flasher lamp sockets are contacting or close to contacting the metal cover, can cause lighting issues.
All in all you are looking at about 15 mins of prevention to save a lot of potential headaches.
EDIT: Link to Yelobird's post on the motor shaft:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/22#post-5461847

Thanks mate, saved me wading through 25 pages to find out anything, really appreciate you taking the time to find that link too, top man!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Redmond, WA
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JonCrox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper?tu=JonCrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.