20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GamerRick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Could have put that money to finishing that basement room. Jmho

What a dick comment that was! The guy is sharing photos and gets attacked for not spending more money on his basement finishing? This is a pinball community. Do you even know what that word means? Very juvenile comment. Thanks Tseamans for posting the pics.

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

lets just say there is a great market opportunity on toppers in this hobby.
I'm sure someone can make a ten Times better topper, at half the price.
I've said it before, we need more smart and Creative people in this hobby.
Hackers etc. Get more young people in this hobby and issues such as this and f. Ex. Beatles game only having a few songs,
will solve themselfs.

We already have a lot of creative individuals in addition to the big companies. There are many individual members on here who have created awesome mods. I love that, some of my favorite mods are from mom and pop type of folks. I think that’s awesome. You can see the love they have for this hobby in their creations. These great entrepreneurs give us what the big pin companies don’t. Really neat mechs and add one to make our pins awesome. And we are all the better for it.

#651 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Does anyone else find it strange that Stern has done zero marketing on this thing? It was in the Stern of the Union on Tuesday but more of an afterthought, saying it was now available from select distributors and it would be in the Stern Shop (website) soon. That’s it. No photos. No video. Nothing.
The Munsters topper was an insider sneak peak and they just posted photos of the Elviria topper for insiders.

Not really. Stern knows everything including all that is said on Pinside. They are well aware people have been clamoring and whining for a Star Wars topper release for two years. They had a built in sales base and they have known it for a long time. So why market? Isn’t virtually everyone in the entire pinball community talking about it? That’s plenty of free advertising. Whether you like Stern or not there’s no doubt that they are brilliant at understanding their customer base. They don’t deliver things that some of us complain about because they don’t have to. They know people will buy just about anything they put out. There’s a sucker born every minute right? In pinball there’s a sucker born every 10 seconds. I’m one of them.

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I was definitely there before. They must have removed it.[quoted image]

Well it sucks if they removed it and had planned that feature and then dropped it. That feature alone would push this topper to very innovative and quite unique. It would also justify the price. The license alone does not IMHO.

1 week later
#812 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Rubber gasket or thin foam weatherstrip would even work.

Even if you put a rubber gasket underneath, that would stop light leak but not sound. There are big holes in the top of the base so sound would come out there.

#861 4 years ago

Topper number 88 is in the house. I really like it. Mine seems well assembled and the stickers are all straight with the exception of the small black one which is slightly off center. It has some really cool game interaction and it looks pretty good from the play position. The only thing I really don’t like is the light leak from the bottom. Right now I have a foam rubber strip temporarily covering it. Definitely need a more permanent fix for that. It is ridiculous that Stern would release it in that condition, but other than that I don’t really have any complaints. It definitely looks cool, and Star Wars is my grail theme, so I had to have it. It really adds to the look of the machine and the overall game play enjoyment plus enhances the theme. I don’t find it noisy either. You can hear the motor but it sounds like R2’s motor so it actually adds to the cool effects and it’s not louder than many mechs in pinball. So although it’s overpriced, and I’m really disappointed it does not include the projector feature as originally planned, I nevertheless really do enjoy it and I’m definitely glad I got it. I think any true Star Wars fan would enjoy adding it to their pin.
20FAA157-53D8-41A1-BFFC-F2EDC4CE0AE7 (resized).jpeg20FAA157-53D8-41A1-BFFC-F2EDC4CE0AE7 (resized).jpeg26D21931-20F2-437F-8880-EDA7AB9B7829 (resized).jpeg26D21931-20F2-437F-8880-EDA7AB9B7829 (resized).jpeg74558105-BD17-4766-BED1-CB4A4336BB72 (resized).jpeg74558105-BD17-4766-BED1-CB4A4336BB72 (resized).jpeg7BFCECD9-BC28-41C9-9EE8-62812AE94ECF (resized).jpeg7BFCECD9-BC28-41C9-9EE8-62812AE94ECF (resized).jpeg7FEC61AD-D593-44C9-89F9-311CD1B09FF7 (resized).jpeg7FEC61AD-D593-44C9-89F9-311CD1B09FF7 (resized).jpeg

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Got it! [quoted image][quoted image]

Took my son to see Skywalker last night but they did not have the R2 special

I wish there was a way to order one of those.

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

You can check eBay but people are asking more than the $50 from AMC.

Yeah that’s always the case. Thanks for the idea. Thought of that but I’m not paying $100. I’ll see if I can find one. If anyone goes to a movie and wants to sell theirs or can get an extra one PM me. I’ll gladly pay for the $50 cost and shipping and you can keep the popcorn and soda lol.

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any idea what franchise of theatre was doing that? AMC, Regal, movie tavern? They all do different specials on launches.

It looks like it’s exclusive to AMC

#880 4 years ago

I don’t have any near my house so I ended up buying a new one on eBay for $79.99.

#885 4 years ago

So I’ve had my topper now for four days and it continues to grow on me. I’m surprised how much I like it.

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It has legs for sure. Just hanging in the basement R2 reminds me he is there.

Yes love the R2 attract sounds and movement. I just ignore that it’s made of decals instead of molded plastic or painted metal. It still looks pretty good and I love everything Star Wars especially the original trilogy. There is no doubt it really enhances this pin.

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

A friend of mine and I ordered the day it was announced, had them shipped together and they arrived yesterday. They were #16 and #72 so they may still be early in the run.
One thing I thought was interesting is that it makes a lot of R2D2 sounds now that weren't there before both during gameplay and in attract mode. It doesn't seem to have a speaker so having the topper attached apparently unlocks these sounds in the code.

Yes I really like the random R2 sounds now in my game room. It defaults to attract sounds and movement every 20 minutes. I set mine to 15. I like the main theme music too but if you leave that on in attract mode it just plays way too often and interrupts whatever I’m doing. So I have music attract off but I have attract clips and topper attract sounds and movement on and it’s awesome.

#895 4 years ago

I couldn’t stand the white T moulding on the backbox so I replaced mine with black leather. Looks cool.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Black leather sounds interesting, would love to see some pics.

It’s black leather texture molding, still plastic though. Looks great though. Here’s a pic close up and then just the overall look.

726D0EA4-B8B7-492F-A5DC-45165A863A4B (resized).jpeg726D0EA4-B8B7-492F-A5DC-45165A863A4B (resized).jpeg36E96636-3704-4183-9BC7-092BE4164001 (resized).jpeg36E96636-3704-4183-9BC7-092BE4164001 (resized).jpeg
#898 4 years ago

Here’s where I got it. Sorry didn’t mean to start an off topic convo in the topper thread everyone. I’ll post more about it in the SW club thread if anyone else had any questions about it.

https://www.t-molding.com

#901 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are you saying you can’t have the main attract music and the r2 attract set to an interval where they don’t interfere with one another?
Ideally I would like both active.

No I just meant that if you have the main attract music on then you hear the Star Wars theme every time it plays the movie credits and it’s just too noisy. None of them interfere with each other.

1 month later
#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Fair enough. I think Stern gives 60 days on pinball machines. I’d guess the topper “warranty” is the same. What happens in reality is a much longer period typically.

The warranty on new Stern pins is one year not 60 days.

#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope.[quoted image]

Never saw that before. They have covered me for twelve months on all six of my stern pins so far. Never heard of sixty days. Huh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 10.95
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GamerRick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper?tu=GamerRick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.