20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#321 4 years ago

Man...I remember when people were OFFENDED that Stern was going to start selling toppers.

6 months later
#955 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Something I noticed after having this thing on for a couple hours now is that in addition to adding a bunch of new sounds in game play and r2 sounds in attract mode I noticed a minimum of 3-4 new video clips in attract mode. I’ve owned it for over 2 years and am certain I’ve never seen them before.

People keep seeming to beg for pinball DLC. Maybe it finally happened, just at 30 times the price anyone expected. Stern would hardly be the first company to hide code in a released product that only does anything if you connect an expensive peripheral accessory.

#957 4 years ago

Yeah, I'm not going to fall into the sarlacc pit of commenting on people deciding to buy these or not. Stern is making their money. Maybe they should've asked 1k for them. I'm going to watch that twitch stream later, but from a cursory scan through of it..I'm not at all impressed for the money. They're going to have to try a lot harder....which we all know they won't.

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure I am buying they won't try harder. That Black Knight topper is pretty badass, and only $429, which is a bargain compared to the R2 topper. BUT - It hasn't been released despite being shown at Expo in October, so hopefully it doesn't get delayed as much....Same with Munsters at clock topper at $425. So while the R2 price does suck, It doesn't appear to be the trend.

"Only".

lol... I've bought working games for less than these toppers. It doesn't just suck, it's literally insane.

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So have I. I get it. It’s a premium item for a premium item.

I love how the excuse made by rich (or ......) people to justify overpaying for frivolous shit is always "Because that's the price." This was the exact same non-logic used to defend JJP raising prices, which led to Stern raising prices, and they're both still going higher and higher. Whatever. Like I said...I'm not going to defend my position or convince anyone to change theirs. Enjoy playing your new.....topper. I won't even be arsed to respond to anything else along these lines.

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure what your point is other than to shit on the product and the price. Which you have done for multiple posts now. As for "higher and higher", the toppers for games after Star Wars have a topper price hundreds less, so for topper specifically it isn't the same pattern as game pricing.

Game pricing. Gotta pay attention to context. Does JJP sell 700$ toppers? No? That would've been a cue that I wasn't referring to toppers, but making a comparison within the same market of how people keep justifying the ever increasing cluster.... that is pinball pricing. My point is that people like you that just wave your hand and dismiss it as a "premium item" are like the same guys that buy designer shirts like they're in some way actually better than a 20$ shirt, just because they paid more for it. You're not getting MORE, or even BETTER. But it's your money. I couldn't afford a 700 buck topper even if I had the damn game. I'm just utterly fascinated that people pay these prices, and seem to be happy to continue to do so, even when there isn't a single innovative thing done by this very expensive add-on that wasn't done by Doctor Who 18 years ago. OH WAIT THERE'S RGB LEDS NOW, STUPID ME.

Draining this shit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.