20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 1,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 26.
#401 4 years ago

Looks like this topper is coming at about the same time as the Black Knight topper. This makes the decision of which one I'm buying pretty easy. If this had come out a year ago, I would have bit even at this price point. Black Knight is here to stay for a while. SW is a great game, but will be on the chopping block in around six more months. My collection is mostly SS and EMs, and I like to limit to two newer Sterns at a time for financial reasons. This means rotating out games after a couple of years to bring in a new one.

If this thing has some hidden new feature like the hologram of something super cool, then I might still buy one. Chances are slim at this point.

#402 4 years ago

Maybe we can make our own topper with this?

https://www.gameroomguys.com/Stern-Pinball-Topper-Node-Board-12

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

A year ago, I ordered the topper from Game Room Guys for $500. I ended up canceling the order a few months ago. Wonder if they would have honored the price?

A lot of people have pre-orders with various vendors including a few that used 15 or 20% coupons days on ebay. I wonder if these will get cancelled unless people pony up extra cash.

#404 4 years ago

These where $88 on release a few years ago https://www.geeky-gadgets.com/r2-d2-planetarium-complete-with-death-star-22-08-2011/, R2D2 with built in projector, something like this with Leias message to obi wan seemed like a no brainer!

#405 4 years ago

All these alternatives are not for me. I'd rather have nothing there. Needs to be game interactive.

#406 4 years ago

I don't see the need for a topper on any of the machines I own. They play just fine without.

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Has anyone seen what this thing does?

While the only video so far shows R2D2 rotating, the still photo showing the plaque in the back (which sounds like a Dr. Seuss story) looks like R2 can also tilt up and down on a horizontal axis. Maybe it has its own sound generator for some of his droid sounds to come from the topper instead of the game's speakers (there could be a speaker behind that center grille in the base).

Any chance that Disney licensing for this topper is the main reason for the higher cost than other Stern toppers? And for the delay?

#408 4 years ago

I’m in, 6 months from now these things will be 1k on eBay. This is Licensed Star Wars, and original trilogy, it will only get better with age, no matter how many people hate it. Will look amazing on my CE. People said the same thing about Ghostbuster topper, but I’m still getting asked if I will sell mine.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

I’m in, 6 months from now these things will be 1k on eBay. This is Licensed Star Wars, and original trilogy, it will only get better with age, no matter how many people hate it. Will look amazing on my CE. People said the same thing about Ghostbuster topper, but I’m still getting asked if I will sell mine.

I don't hate this topper. I hate that it costs $250 more than the original price it was preordered at and they are limiting them to create a FOMO and perceived scarcity. I doubt they have sold 500 of any topper they have made.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If this thing has some hidden new feature like the hologram of something super cool, then I might still buy one

LOL... keep dreaming.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't hate this topper. I hate that it costs $250 more than the original price it was preordered at and they are limiting them to create a FOMO and perceived scarcity. I doubt they have sold 500 of any topper they have made.

I hate that it cost $250 more than the original price too - pisses me off. I have thought about it and not to get flamed but I will probably get it for several reasons:

I don't have any plans to sell my game for a long time. I am pretty much a buy and hold type of person. I still have my AFM from 13 years ago.
I have waited a long time for the topper.
I got what I think was a good deal on my HOU LE.
I am placing some of my games in the loft in my house and I have a very strange sloping ceiling up there. This topper is perfect for that area and would be hard to put anything other topper on the game that would fit or even a different game that included a topper (see pic). I also have JP Prem and DP Prem going up there (both with toppers) and still need to slide SW to the right more towards the slope.
If I do sell my game sometime several years from now it will be a selling point over other SW games for sale.
Or if I do decide to sell it separately I could probably sell it for $500 - $600 so not a huge loss for keeping it so long.

IMG_4839 (resized).JPGIMG_4839 (resized).JPG
#412 4 years ago

Highest topper price ever for something not very inspired and for a game that very few even want and has collapsed on the second hand market. Ok.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

not-sure-if-serious-memegenerator-net-not-sure-if-serious-49262880 (resized).pngnot-sure-if-serious-memegenerator-net-not-sure-if-serious-49262880 (resized).png
#414 4 years ago

How much is the BKSOR topper? $429?

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Unfortunately you may be right.

Look how much a KISS topper goes for now?

#416 4 years ago

$700. Only 500 will be made.

FB_IMG_1574970803847 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1574970803847 (resized).jpg
#417 4 years ago

Limited to 500 unless the demand is so high they reserve the right to raise it to 800.

#418 4 years ago

I’m holding out for the SLE version of this topper.

Stern needs more money. $750 isn’t enough for this. A new SLE badge on the next run of 500, for let’s say $1,250. It would be a joke if they didn’t do similar things in the recent past.

#419 4 years ago

The “limited” plaque made me chuckle and speaks to the power Stern has on the market for them today. Most Stern toppers seem to sell out and therefore “limited” by nature. As long as people spend, so goes the price pumping.

#420 4 years ago

Absolutely unnecessary and completely overpriced add on. A topper should never cost that much. It still looks unfinished.

#421 4 years ago

I want to see this thing in action.
Wish it served a drink.

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

...It still looks unfinished.

Completely agree

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Completely agree

We have not even seen the front of the topper. GAP isn’t exactly selling this thing.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Seriously - this post is the reason why these manufactures think we're assholes.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I want to see this thing in action.
Wish it served a drink.

There have been Many posts showing it in action. Look through the photo gallery of this thread. Not much to see, head goes left, head goes right, pay the man $800 done. lol

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Absolutely unnecessary and completely overpriced add on. A topper should never cost that much. It still looks unfinished.

So agree! I’m actually finding stuff like this to be a massive turn off ... unfortunately pinball has turned in this direction and hit the accelerator. #lame

#427 4 years ago

gary did say he could have sold empty cabinets for the star wars pin right?
i guess he thinks star wars fans are suckers.
stern will probably sell out all 500 since distributors will buy these up.
there is an “ass” for every seat.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

gary did say he could have sold empty cabinets for the star wars pin right?
i guess he thinks star wars fans are suckers.
stern will probably sell out all 500 since distributors will buy these up.
there is an “ass” for every seat.

That comment back about blinking lights in a box really turned me off towards stern. I was very disappointed about the starwars release already. I've warmed up to it since, but this topper had high hopes for something cool, and all I'm seeing again is "blinking lights in a box". Sad. Hoping stern officially releases this and it looks better than this, but not holding my breath.

#429 4 years ago

I love my Star Wars Premium and I appreciate a nice topper when I see it, but I'll be damned if I'll pay $750 for this one.

In short: Fuck you Stern for your price gouging and happy Thanksgiving to all!

#430 4 years ago

Now, is there a hologramm projector included or not?
For this price it's a must.

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your the man always Mike. But WOW Stern is goofy shooting for $775 for That topper!!!! Even if it made you sandwiches there is No way its worth that kind of loot! Odd direction they took with this one in my opinion.

Ouch. I’m not a topper guy but $775 is a lot!

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Agreed.

#433 4 years ago

JUST RELEASED: Stern Pinball Star Wars Topper Accessory

- Limited Edition, sequentially numbered with LE plaque, limited to 500
- Fully interactive moving R2D2 with lighting effects

Get yours before they are GONE! You know you want one...

$749 plus $25 shipping

Shipping soon!

[email protected]

8A3AD56B-577F-496E-B1E4-14FC162315A1 (resized).png8A3AD56B-577F-496E-B1E4-14FC162315A1 (resized).png
#434 4 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Is there something worse than a down vote I can give this post?

Also, Stern doesn't make CEs.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is there something worse than a down vote I can give this post?
Also, Stern doesn't make CEs.

Comic Edition = CE

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

JUST RELEASED: Stern Pinball Star Wars Topper Accessory
- Limited Edition, sequentially numbered with LE plaque, limited to 500
- Fully interactive moving R2D2 with lighting effects
Get yours before they are GONE! You know you want one...
$749 plus $25 shipping
Shipping soon!
[email protected]
812.457.9711[quoted image]

For $749 it should at least come with free shipping.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

For $750 it should come with a reach around, its just common courtesy.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

For $750 it should come with a reach around, its just common courtesy.

You should negotiate for a double reach around at that price.

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

But they have sequentially numbered plaques!

#440 4 years ago

I am wondering whether this thing will appreciate. If so, then why aren't I buying one to sell later?

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Get yours before they are GONE! You know you want one...[quoted image]

ED86DF0C-D9BA-4C07-BB5C-E6ECA66BC41D (resized).jpegED86DF0C-D9BA-4C07-BB5C-E6ECA66BC41D (resized).jpeg

#442 4 years ago

The R2D2 part looks cool enough, but the plain grey base with its large complement of exposed screw heads looks like something from an early prototype, not from a $750 finished product ready for release...

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Yeah that pic says it all.

#444 4 years ago

That generic off white base looks terrible. For $750 it should have had x wings on it that open and close / shoot lasers across the room, weathering, a projector...

Plus that plaque looks like something you’d get on a team participation trophy.

Please don’t buy this and encourage this. The black knight topper blows this away and it’s what, $429?

#445 4 years ago

This is now the 3rd distributor at this price.
Screenshot_20191129-154517_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191129-154517_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#446 4 years ago

ZMeny don't tell people what they DO and DONT want. The market will let you know.

If only this came with a certificate that said Elvira queefed on it, they would all be gone already.....

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from choochoobob:

ZMeny don't tell people what they DO and DONT want. The market will let you know.
If only this came with a certificate that said Elvira queefed on it, they would all be gone already.....

Hahaha my comment teasing about people wanting it is highly offensive to you, but then you make the statement afterward. I love this group. We really are a dysfunctional family.

#448 4 years ago

That really looks like a piece of crap.

#449 4 years ago

ZMeny your photo looks different than the GAP photo. There is a screw where the projector cone is on the other photo. Is that a stock stern photo?

008C9D74-C7DA-4987-B3FE-42F403B9B93E (resized).jpeg008C9D74-C7DA-4987-B3FE-42F403B9B93E (resized).jpegBB9D4804-0186-430E-9FF7-BFECD0FAEB3C (resized).pngBB9D4804-0186-430E-9FF7-BFECD0FAEB3C (resized).png
#450 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

zmeny your photo looks different than the gap photo. There is a screw where the projector cone is on the other photo. Is that a stock stern photo?[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s just the back vs front. Crappy either way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 21.50
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ashburn, VA
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/9?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.