20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 1,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 26.
#351 4 years ago

$750 is insane.
Looks very underwhelming.
Hard pass at anything over $250.

#352 4 years ago

Just when I think Stern has stopped jumping the shark they do it again...and again...and again.

I could see spending $750 if the base was molded / painted to look like R2D2 was in an X-Wing, R2's arms were metal instead of cheap looking plastic, no exposed screw heads, etc.

3hrp02 (resized).jpg3hrp02 (resized).jpg

#353 4 years ago

$750 for that piece of crap? A rotating decapitated R2D2 with no art and a plaque certifying you as a sucker? OK then!

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

$750 for that piece of crap? A rotating decapitated R2D2 with no art and a plaque certifying you as a sucker? OK then!

1 of 500 suckers though! LOL

#355 4 years ago

This is complete bullshit if true. Trying to crate scarcity since they are 2.5 years late on the product and they fear that demand may not be there for a full production run. Such a slap in the face that they would try to bend people over like this.

#356 4 years ago

Get the F out of here.... $800 for a topper that looks like that? That's insane! The GOT topper was better and much less.

#357 4 years ago

Is this real or just a joke? If it's real I would not bet against it selling out. The hardcore pinheads have proven time and again they have the cash and are happy to part with it.

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Such a slap in the face that they would try to bend people over like this.

Is this your first interaction with Stern or somthing?

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes for me. Be more gentle, Stern.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They have never tried to make an LE numbered topper at an insane price. So stupid. They would have sold a ton at $500.

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

They have never tried to make an LE numbered topper at an insane price...

Just insane priced LE pinball machines for years and years that people buy here all the time for thousands of $ more and no benefit.

Wanna start a list of stuff "they never tried before" but then did to cash in?

#362 4 years ago

I'm a certified Stern fanboy. I adore my Star Wars pro and think the haters are crazy. But...but...I got nothing here. They done lost their minds.

I mean...I'm happy for them finally bringing it to market. I'm sure they didn't ask for these delays and it drove them nuts. Crap happens. But...yeah I still got nothing.

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm a certified Stern fanboy. I adore my Star Wars pro and think the haters are crazy. But...but...I got nothing here. They done lost their minds.
I mean...I'm happy for them finally bringing it to market. I'm sure they didn't ask for these delays and it drove them nuts. Crap happens. But...yeah I still got nothing.

Exactly. I am generally pretty happy with Stern. But this is complete bullshit and they deserved to be called out on it. Not happy.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Exactly. I am generally pretty happy with Stern. But this is complete bullshit and they deserved to be called out on it. Not happy.

Trying to get the same amount of money by producing less. That is their LE pinball model for sure.

#365 4 years ago

At this point the only hope here is that GAP is wrong on this. It wouldn’t be the first time they have been wrong, they said the topper was coming and pre sold it for $500 over a year ago and said it would be in time for the holidays........2018.

#366 4 years ago

Insane. Has anyone seen what this thing does?
(Hate to even ask)

#367 4 years ago

Pinball sales are down so let’s cash in on a Star Wars topper. Lmao. Simps will still buy it sadly.

#368 4 years ago

... yeah man, check out my mass produced Star Wars Pro pin with a Limited Edition numbered topper...

#369 4 years ago

So GAP is trying to sell a $750 topper and the best Mike can do is a photo of it backwards on the carpet, not plugged into a machine? How about a video, better photos, description of what it does, or SOMETHING?

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How about a video, better photos, description of what it does, or SOMETHING?

Exactly. But it’ll probably sell out either way.

I’ll stick with a cheap interactive topper remover.
CEF1013D-7333-4C5B-94F9-1784837386BD (resized).jpegCEF1013D-7333-4C5B-94F9-1784837386BD (resized).jpeg

#371 4 years ago

Stern can go choke on a d. Unbelievable greed to ask that much for that topper...

#372 4 years ago

****Attention pinside people that bought Elvira SE and wasted your money****

This type of BS is targeted towards you.

Please resist bc Stern is really trying to see how dumb we all are as a hobby. If they sell this successfully the bar just continues to get lower.

Please don't buy this bullshit.

#373 4 years ago

We must be missing something here. I'm sure it comes with a piece of the couch from the Falcon that R2 sat on.

#374 4 years ago

Who will buy the POS?? Please people, for all that is the force, This is BS!!! If you buy this, please send me your $$.

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Who will buy the POS?? Please people, for all that is the force, This is BS!!! If you buy this, please send me your $$.

Considering the Jersey Jack CE customers justified +$3000 for a topper and some fake barnacles, this is a relative bargain.

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Considering the Jersey Jack CE customers justified +$3000 for a topper and some fake barnacles, this is a relative bargain.

The JJP POTC CE topper didn't even come with a plaque, what a joke! Yeah, I'm sure people will still buy it just like spending $5k more for a piece of a couch with Elvira SE.

#377 4 years ago

This hurts..... I really wanted a topper for this game.....

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

****Attention pinside people that bought Elvira SE and wasted your money****
This type of BS is targeted towards you.
Please resist bc Stern is really trying to see how dumb we all are as a hobby. If they sell this successfully the bar just continues to get lower.
Please don't buy this bullshit.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#379 4 years ago

Until the msrp is known to the public from Stern, this appears to be a cash grab by GAP to sell some before Xmas.

As of last week my distro told me price was the same as previously reported.

Sounds like we will know soon for sure.

#380 4 years ago

It's not a cash grab and I was told by Stern the MSRP price is $750 when I picked them up. If Stern releases a different price than what I put out I will refund the difference but I highly doubt that Stern will change the price.

#381 4 years ago

Stern MSRP is $769 plus shipping. It's for real.

#382 4 years ago

Wow. I tend to be the moron that can’t resist stuff due to FOMO but this is an easy pass.

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Stern MSRP is $769 plus shipping. It's for real.

The topper must be Stern’s last quarterstone release for 2019.

This shit is ridiculous.

#384 4 years ago

This is not the Droid I was looking for. Really wanted a cool, reasonably priced topper for a SW premium when I get it. No chance here. 2.5 years for this? No wonder Disney didn't want to approve this. Lol.

#385 4 years ago

Now they are using the “LE” designation for toppers? Trying to create demand? This is just an embarrassment for Stern all the way around. And the price point...laughable. I guess we will see how many they sell. I just put my sons robotic R2-D2 dude up there when he was done playing it, it’s about 15” tall and looks pretty snazzy IMO.

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Now they are using the “LE” designation for toppers? Trying to create demand? This is just an embarrassment for Stern all the way around. And the price point...laughable. I guess we will see how many they sell. I just put my sons robotic R2-D2 dude up there when he was done playing it, it’s about 15” tall and looks pretty snazzy IMO.

And the plaque (which is a complete after thought and cheap trick to create demand and artificially create limited demand) is on the back! Where you won’t even be able to see it!

That’s like taking the LE plaque off the speaker panel and putting it on the back of the backbox

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

And the plaque (which is a complete after thought and cheap trick to create demand and artificially create limited demand) is on the back! Where you won’t even be able to see it!
That’s like taking the LE plaque off the speaker panel and putting it on the back of the backbox

It's on the back to hide the shame you feel at falling for the old LE trick

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's on the back to hide the shame you feel at falling for the old LE trick

And likely due to the fact it wasn’t designed with the original intent to have a plaque on the front, otherwise those grills would have been on the back and the plaque on the front, proof it’s an after thought to create artificial demand and make people think they are getting value for money, couldn’t type that last bit without laughing

#389 4 years ago

Would have been a smarter move to add a projector to it like BM66 and project Leia’s message to Obi-Wan and tried to sell it for $800-$1000, still ridiculous mind you, but the Prem/LE jump on BM66 was $1500 I think, for topper and some armour and that topper is cool!

https://m.banggood.com/UNIC-P1-Plus-WIFI-Wireless-Pocket-DLP-Mini-Projector-30-Lumens-Micro-Miracast-DLNA-Video-Projector-p-1138591.html

Wouldn’t have even cost Stern much to add that feature, can get the projector above which has great reviews projectd video and even plays sound!

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe the back is the front now. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to make the grill in the back now since it spins around (I do agree it is a cheap after thought).

#391 4 years ago

Guess I will put my own Topper up for sale at the bargain bin price of $500. Hand-snapped together model, folks. I can add a hand written number and tape it on to make it an LE for an extra $10.

15749460848378116145848766326841 (resized).jpg15749460848378116145848766326841 (resized).jpg
#392 4 years ago

Any chance this is a msrp vs street price deal?
I mean the Stern pins themselves usually have a msrp that is higher than the actual street price.

I was in at $500 but not at $750.

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any chance this is a msrp vs street price deal?
I mean the Stern pins themselves usually have a msrp that is higher than the actual street price.
I was in at $500 but not at $750.

Never been the case for accessories. Also, I bet they add it to the website AFTER the 10% off Black Friday Insider sale is over....

#394 4 years ago

Someone really needs to make a nice aftermarket topper for a fraction of this atrocity. But it would have to be by word of mouth sales only. It was done with BM66 aftermarket Bat fin armour.

#395 4 years ago

Assuming its 750 plus 60 for shipping to Germany it will be close to 1k USD incl. german tax if its at my door. No way STERN, not in this Galaxy ...

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Someone really needs to make a nice aftermarket topper for a fraction of this atrocity. But it would have to be by word of mouth sales only. It was done with BM66 aftermarket Bat fin armour.

The hologram generator toppers are the only way to go on a Star Wars pin. They also only cost $250... it seemed expensive till stern dropped this turd.

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Never been the case for accessories. Also, I bet they add it to the website AFTER the 10% off Black Friday Insider sale is over....

Yeah...I understand that but there have never been limited edition accessories either and there is a first for everything. Some of the other big stern vendors still have it at $499 on their sites and not in stock.

#398 4 years ago

I have a feeling Disney and licensing are a factor here. This has been over two years in the making and the basic design has been set forever with a $500 price point.

#399 4 years ago

Can we buy more than one?

IMG_20191119_170533.jpgIMG_20191119_170533.jpg
#400 4 years ago

A year ago, I ordered the topper from Game Room Guys for $500. I ended up canceling the order a few months ago. Wonder if they would have honored the price?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 10.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 1,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.