20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 1,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 26.
#251 5 years ago

Home made topper

Head to head with the darkside....

Just search for: Darth vader mood light

303CC2E0-510D-4510-B9AD-6D14E313CB60 (resized).png303CC2E0-510D-4510-B9AD-6D14E313CB60 (resized).png
#252 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I highly doubt that photo will be the actual topper. I think it’s part of the reason why it wasn’t approved.

I was being sarcastic.

1 week later
#253 5 years ago

The most recent Stern of the Union communication didn't mention any "new" Star Wars topper news. Ugh. Same ol' same ol' - it's approved...blah blah..

#254 5 years ago

Yeah I read through the address also and nothing... very disappointed

#255 5 years ago

The topper wait has been so long that I've now sold the game lol

#256 5 years ago

Sorry didn't feel like reading through the thread. Has this thing been released yet? Everyone happy with it so far?

#257 5 years ago

yup everyone loves it!!!

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Sorry didn't feel like reading through the thread. Has this thing been released yet? Everyone happy with it so far?

You only have to read three posts up for the latest news on the subject:

"The most recent Stern of the Union communication didn't mention any "new" Star Wars topper news. Ugh. Same ol' same ol' - it's approved...blah blah.."

#260 5 years ago

Topper is April. I checked in with Gameroom guys today and they said it’s still tracking April.

Two years in the making this will go down as the best topper of ALL TIME!

#261 5 years ago

What is the big deal with this thing? DP has one, GOTG, etc. Quite strange....

4 weeks later
#262 5 years ago

Is stern attending this Star Wars show so they can finally release the topper?

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is stern attending this Star Wars show so they can finally release the topper?

Dream on

#265 5 years ago

Yeah, WTF Stern! Give us the damn topper already.

#266 5 years ago

I could mount my premium format emperor complete with luke lightsaber (right hand), but it wouldn't be very "interactive". Actually if at the end of the game he did his evil laugh, I think that would be awesome.. gooood.... gooood.

IMG_1110 (resized).jpegIMG_1110 (resized).jpeg

#267 5 years ago

I could mount any of these statues, and they would look better then the Stern topper... that can't be the final release.. it looks silly.

IMG_1002 (resized).jpegIMG_1002 (resized).jpeg
#268 5 years ago

I’ve been thinking the same thing that what we’ve seen isn’t the final look.

Disney/Lucas whoever at this point is very picky about this type of shit and it will likely be good in the end. If it happens..lol

#269 5 years ago

If I was Disney I wouldn’t approve that POS topper either. I’ve seen Star Wars toothpaste dispensers with a better likeness of R2D2.

#270 5 years ago

The TZ IGT Topper inspired me. I got this IGT Star Wars Topper

C367AAF6-899E-484C-B241-2370F5F4D21B (resized).jpegC367AAF6-899E-484C-B241-2370F5F4D21B (resized).jpeg
#271 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

The TZ IGT Topper inspired me. I got this IGT Star Wars Topper
[quoted image]

Wow, cut that call light off the top and that's a pretty cool topper!

2 weeks later
#272 4 years ago

guess the April rumor was a bunch of BS

#273 4 years ago

Maybe they just got tired of the red tape to release anything Sw related? You dont see Sw going down the line so the focus is on the current hot property IMO.

#274 4 years ago

Due out by end of April last I heard. I will ask the distributor again.

#275 4 years ago

Never be, it will.

#276 4 years ago

Not an encouraging response from GameRoom Guys. Basically they said they have no further into at this time and "we do completely understand if you want to cancel". Ugh. Off to Stern's Facebook. Lets all ask at the same time!

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Never be, it will.

lol... that is funny

#278 4 years ago

One of these games is not like the others......

IMG_4237 (resized).JPGIMG_4237 (resized).JPG
#279 4 years ago

My only game without a topper as well. Honestly, I'd probably prefer a cheaper option like a laseriffic or something that was done nicely. Something with some layers and cool lighting effects.

#280 4 years ago

Its in a box labeled “Ghostbusters Code” under Gary’s desk.

#281 4 years ago

I'm surprised one of you guys haven't grabbed an old ipad and made a topper like this.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Real-Life-Princess-Leia-Hologram-DIY/

#282 4 years ago

At this point what comes out first, the Star Wars topper or the Ghostbusters code update? Lol

#283 4 years ago

The idea of a topper is a gimmick anyway, it adds nothing to the game play. Personally, I think that the cost for the Star Wars topper has gone up and Stern may think that not very many will be sold. They missed the boat on this one.

#284 4 years ago

No the boat isn't gone yet. The yearly "may the 4th is coming up dude" outta ignite this dumpster fire again.

#285 4 years ago

I just cancelled my orde with game room guys. The wait is stupid

#286 4 years ago

stern of the union will be next week so I bet we will get some info and yeah, I could see a star wars day release on this....

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

stern of the union will be next week so I bet we will get some info

They must like you in Vegas......

#288 4 years ago

Unless it’s a true R2 that moves around the backbox and has a true hologram projector...I’m out. Really, nothing can live up to the delay. I can’t imagine this being worth the money or increasing the value of the machine. I’m a Star Wars fan...but see this as a unnecessary...even if bolted to the floor for the true collector. Sorry Stern...you screwed the pooch on this one...or Disney.

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

They must like you in Vegas......

never been, guess that's why I can afford pinball machines

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

but see this as a unnecessary...even if bolted to the floor for the true collector. Sorry Stern...you screwed the pooch on this one...or Disney.

I cant figure out why it is taking so long. Hard to imagine they cant figure out licensing - I have been to Disneyworld, they will sell anything.....

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I cant figure out why it is taking so long. Hard to imagine they cant figure out licensing - I have been to Disneyworld, they will sell anything.....

They have been saying for at least 3 months that Disney has approved it. It is the production itself that is the hold up.

#292 4 years ago

waiting for the stern of the union address to hear yet another delay announcement for this topper

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

waiting for the stern of the union address to hear yet another delay announcement for this topper

There is where I may cancel. If this SOTU is the exact same...

#294 4 years ago

Not even making this up. Cut and pasted from the past 6 months. Lather, rinse, repeat.

December: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved, but is waiting on documentation final approval before production can begin. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale.

January: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale and add it to our Stern Shop.

February: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale and add it to our Stern Shop.

March: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale and add it to our Stern Shop.

April: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved and we’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available.

May: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved and we’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Not even making this up. Cut and pasted from the past 6 months. Lather, rinse, repeat.
December: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved, but is waiting on documentation final approval before production can begin. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale.
January: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale and add it to our Stern Shop.
February: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale and add it to our Stern Shop.
March: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale and add it to our Stern Shop.
April: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved and we’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available.
May: The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved and we’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available.

That’s freakin hilarious.

#296 4 years ago

I think that it's sad. They should say what is really going on.

#297 4 years ago

Well, honestly, it not that bad. IF it comes out eventually, it will not achieve high sales at the suggested retail price - because the hype will be long over by then. This will inevitably result in reduced prices rather soon. Good for the patient.

2 weeks later
#298 4 years ago

Insert sound of crickets.......................

Seriously, any news?

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Insert sound of crickets.......................
Seriously, any news?

The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved and they'll make a formal announcement once it’s available.

#300 4 years ago

Disney built a 14 acre Star Wars theme park in less time than this topper has been rumored to be coming. *sigh*

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

There are 1,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/6?hl=alby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.