20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 1,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 26.
#151 5 years ago

I’m actually psyched that I don’t even want it. I feel like I won money to spend on something else

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Someone needs to make a mod for the base!

The base is very uninspired I agree.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The base is very uninspired I agree.

I would be shocked if that is what the base looks like. I would hope there would be some kind of veneer in front of that vent when it ships.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The R2-D2 looks fine but the base looks like absolute shit. Wtf!
They couldn’t even put some art on it or Star Wars logo? What a joke.

Why do you assume that's the final product? It wasn't even a Stern announcement, just visitors spotting it.

#155 5 years ago

I am going to have Modfather, if he gracefully accepts, to come up with a Topper for all my 4 SW Pins! This Topper is lame, specially for the price.

#156 5 years ago

Or wait until Tilttopper comes up with one

#157 5 years ago

Upon a second look it kinda looks like an R2D2 piggy bank...

#158 5 years ago

Needs a background !!!!!!!

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Needs a background !!!!!!!

Toppers, Toppers, Toppers!!

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Why do you assume that's the final product? It wasn't even a Stern announcement, just visitors spotting it.

Gomez said its the topper to everyone there.

#161 5 years ago

Damn both of these topper are a snorefest!! Absolutely horrible! Looks like I will be putting a Kiss topper on my Star Wars and Iron Maiden when I get them.

#162 5 years ago

Looks fine to me. I like the R2 in the fighter ship look. Its actually kind of clever because toppers need to be low and wide or they won't fit in a lot of rooms with low ceilings. In order to have a full R2D2 up top at that same scale, it would have to be 18 inches tall. Now if Stern would just make a factory topper for Metallica designed by Dirty Donny...

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Or wait until Tilttopper comes up with one

He has one and had to stop selling it

#164 5 years ago

I think overall the topper is good. R2 looks good, moves and is game interactive. Could the base be better? Sure. But it won’t be hard to dress it up. I bet modfather already has something ready.

#165 5 years ago

Topper ModFather made me for Elvis

IMG_4128 (resized).JPGIMG_4128 (resized).JPG
#166 5 years ago

But, man...$500??

#167 5 years ago

Topper for Space Jam, ModFather again. My point is home made Toppers may be way to go.

IMG_3748 (resized).JPGIMG_3748 (resized).JPG
#168 5 years ago

Will post the SW ones, once they are done.

#169 5 years ago

Ugh Stern. IM and SW are terrible looking. They need to up the topper game.

#170 5 years ago

I think the R2-D2 is fine and function I’m good with as well.

Maybe the base is waiting for something for the front. If it is final and finished it Doesn’t look like an x-wing to me. Just needs some sort of trim with art, heck even a decal would look better than a flat silver piece of metal.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Gomez said its the topper to everyone there.

No one is debating that.

I said why are people assuming it's the finished, polished, ready to ship product? Decals would be the last thing to go on.

That one looks to be an in-house model they are testing.

#172 5 years ago

I dont have the pin, but that would suck if I had waited all this time just for that. Sorry guys.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I dont have the pin, but that would suck if I had waited all this time just for that. Sorry guys.

I paid $500 for a Ghostbusters topper that just lit up a few times. This seems much more mechanical and interactive.

#174 5 years ago

I really really hope that’s not the finished product. Yes r2 in the x wing with the projection like the mod for batman 66.
Maybe all the time had been put in the programming.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

No one is debating that.
I said why are people assuming it's the finished, polished, ready to ship product? Decals would be the last thing to go on.
That one looks to be an in-house model they are testing.

I agree 1000% with this!

However, if this is the final product I sure hope somebody makes something to throw on the front of that.

#176 5 years ago

So is this thing on sale yet?

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So is this thing on sale yet?

Haven't heard anything yet. Here's hoping Stern's adding some type of cover to the base versus the grey plastic that has currently been shown.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Haven't heard anything yet. Here's hoping Stern's adding some type of cover to the base versus the grey plastic that has currently been shown.

But NOT this time brother. It is what it is.

yoda-hope-meme (resized).jpgyoda-hope-meme (resized).jpg
1 week later
#180 5 years ago

I wonder why the reduction to $400? I hope they didn't have to take away functionality to make Disney happy...

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I wonder why the reduction to $400? I hope they didn't have to take away functionality to make Disney happy...

It looked interactive in the video. Maybe they think the volume of sales will allow them to hit economy of scale on this.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

They missed the window of opportunity. They had to drop the price if they expect to sell any.

#183 5 years ago

Someone list it on ebay so I can grab one on the next 10%-20% off sale.

#184 5 years ago

Why is $400 a price drop? Only Ghostbusters was $500. They went back to $400 after GB.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Why is $400 a price drop? Only Ghostbusters was $500. They went back to $400 after GB.

Nope. Game of Thrones was $500 with the moving dragon.

#187 5 years ago

It’s totally crazy that I am at the point where a $400 topper for a pinball machine is a “deal”..... a toy for a toy. But I’ll still get it because I love this game and Star Wars.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

They missed the window of opportunity. They had to drop the price if they expect to sell any.

No, I think they got it wrong. Iron Maiden is $399 and SW is $499. That's why I'm worried something changed or was removed. It's still 499 on Marcos by the way.

#189 5 years ago

Is the photo in the listing even the final approved topper? Thought a couple of the guys who often have the right info here said it wasn’t the final production model, remember reading something about the base??

#190 5 years ago

Just heard from GAP. The price was incorrrect and should have been listed at $500

#191 5 years ago

I can't spend $500 on a topper no matter how much I would like to. My GOT topper came on the game when I bought it and I went aftermarket acrylic for my GB topper. $200-$250 is my sweet spot. At $399 for the SW, I would have probably done it eventually but not at $500.

#192 5 years ago

For quite some time I was really anxious to get this topper. Eventhough I actually don't like toppers too much. They look kind of "added on" and alien to the design of a pinball machine to my opinion. Anyhow: I really wanted it, because I wanted my SW LE to be fully equipped...

I have had my machine for over a year now and am kind of over the honeymoon phase. When I saw that "leaked" video of the thing it was actually confirmation of being over it. The long release procedure brought me beyond the point where excitement would have been possible and the really overly unimaginative design (totally symmetric, and just strange) didn't manage to reverse my thoughts.

If it was USD 200 now, I would still consider - but it's not and I'm way past wanting it. If I come across t in person I might change my mind, but it's unlikely.

I do feel a bit sorry for Stern that this is the result for me, as I expect I'm not quite alone with this view. Generally Stern has made really good efforts to keep us happy. This is really a pity though, and most likely not their fault.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope. Game of Thrones was $500 with the moving dragon.

GOT topper was before GB.

So the price had already dropped with Areosmith and GOTG toppers, so nothing new.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

GOT topper was before GB.
So the price had already dropped with Areosmith and GOTG toppers, so nothing new.

Aerosmith, GOTG, and IMDN are all $400 toppers. Unfortunately Star Wars is $500, like GB and GOT.

#195 5 years ago

Hope that photo is the proto.
Otherwise the $500 bucks had better include a sharpie to color that base black.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hope that photo is the proto.
Otherwise the $500 bucks had better include a sharpie to color that base black.

I think it is supposed to be x-wing gray.

#197 5 years ago

If I was disney I would've rejected that too. Sooooo lame. Go forward and do better Gary

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Aerosmith, GOTG, and IMDN are all $400 toppers. Unfortunately Star Wars is $500, like GB and GOT.

You're getting confusing.

An earlier post said that it was going to be $400, and that it represented a price drop.

My response was that $400 wasn't a price drop, because the last topper, Areosmith, was $400.

Then you jumped in, and now I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You're getting confusing.
An earlier post said that it was going to be $400, and that it represented a price drop.
My response was that $400 wasn't a price drop, because the last topper, Areosmith, was $400.
Then you jumped in, and now I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

GAP, a distributor in the Chicago area had posted the topper for $400 initially in error. Everyone expected it to be $500 because any Stern topper with moving parts had been $500. Error corrected, it’s $500 as expected. Not that we like that...

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

GAP, a distributor in the Chicago area had posted the topper for $400 initially in error. Everyone expected it to be $500 because any Stern topper with moving parts had been $500. Error corrected, it’s $500 as expected. Not that we like that...

Irregardless of their mistake, my original reply that $400 wouldn't represent a price drop because Areosmith was the last topper and was $400, still stands.

So I'm not sure what we're arguing about anymore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 1,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/4?hl=multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.