20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 1,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 26.
#51 5 years ago

Am I the only one who is concerned what this topper might cost at this point given the massive delay (and possible rework)?? Will this beat out the $500 price tag on the GB topper?

#52 5 years ago

Maybe it’s taking so long because they actually designed 3 toppers. It will cost $1500 but we must buy the 3 pack.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

apparently, someone hasn't seen a SW movie since 1983.

Apparently, I have, but I'm just not being a negative troll about it.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

It will cost $1500 but we must buy the 3 pack.

Stern discount though...buy the 4th for $600

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Apparently, I have, but I'm just not being a negative troll about it.

I just can't understand that anyone that is older than 10, can see EP1, or 2 , or 3, or 8, ..... and not think they were absolute garbage in every aspect. Just because it has the SW name on it, doesn't mean you have to still suck the SW member. It's ok, to acknowledge a good movie from a really really bad one.

only ones that anyone can sit through and not laugh about how terrible they are, is .... EP 7 and R1 (were tolerable but not great movies by any means)

it's not about trolling. It's about obvious bad writting. Kind of like NES games. Some were complete shiat. Where you might have 2 people out there, that try to sell it as a good game (the programmer and his mom), but deep down, everyone knows it's a pile of shiat. Negative comments doesn't mean trolling. That's not what trolling means. Negative comments are also......Honest reviews and opinions. It's ok. You know it's shiat. It's not going to be the end of the world if you come to terms with it.

#56 5 years ago

Yeah 1, 2 and 3 were garbage. 4, 5 and 6 are not nearly as good as when I was a kid either because of all the shit Lucas added. Thank god for the despecialized and can't wait for them on Bluray. Personally I enjoyed 7 and 8 and I really enjoyed R1.

Back on topic. Where the F is the topper?

#57 5 years ago

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#58 5 years ago

the prequels were dull films start to finish. TLJ was fine, had some stuff that I didn’t like (canto bight), but I enjoyed it mostly although I preferred TFA.

I don’t think those who hate TLJ are objectively wrong, they just don’t like it and thats okay. it feels like there’s this oneupsmanship or absolutism going on in the SW fandom since it came out...”if you like it you’re a poor judge of film quality,” or “if you hate it you’re a troll,” kind of mentality. although i will say the haters ive seen tend to be the aggressors and prod the discussion into more uncivil territory. that, not the movie imo, are splitting fans apart.

fans need to remember (and respect) that the TLJ division starts with a love for the star wars universe. we’re all on the same playing field, same level and we all love hokey religions and ancient weapons and of course a good blaster at your side. if you start (or end) with “your opinion is objectively wrong” i think it hurts the fandom, and frankly, THAT’S the troll behavior people are seeing online.

#59 5 years ago

The topper is coming, Stern has been joking around with people on Facebook asking about the topper in nearly every post, lol.

#60 5 years ago

Can we please stop discussing the movies here?
Open a thread for it and discuss it there.

It is off topic, doesn't contribute to the topper discussion and gets people on the fence. I really don't care who likes which movie here and definitiely don't care reading non-sensical arguments that are purely based on personal preference, disguised as "objective reasoning".

If I could I'd just block the content, but unfortunately this is not possible.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

the prequels were dull films start to finish. TLJ was fine, had some stuff that I didn’t like (canto bight), but I enjoyed it mostly although I preferred TFA.
I don’t think those who hate TLJ are objectively wrong, they just don’t like it and thats okay. it feels like there’s this oneupsmanship or absolutism going on in the SW fandom since it came out...”if you like it you’re a poor judge of film quality,” or “if you hate it you’re a troll,” kind of mentality. although i will say the haters ive seen tend to be the aggressors and prod the discussion into more uncivil territory. that, not the movie imo, are splitting fans apart.
fans need to remember (and respect) that the TLJ division starts with a love for the star wars universe. we’re all on the same playing field, same level and we all love hokey religions and ancient weapons and of course a good blaster at your side. if you start (or end) with “your opinion is objectively wrong” i think it hurts the fandom, and frankly, THAT’S the troll behavior people are seeing online.

but you can factually cover many many points in TLJ that prove it's a bad movie and poorly written. It's not really about opinion. It's the entire structure of the movie and how nearly all characters act out of character.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The topper is coming, Stern has been joking around with people on Facebook asking about the topper in nearly every post, lol.

Good! This better be the topper of all toppers after making us wait this long.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe the R2D2 topper will be plain white with a Supreme logo in the middle? They could limit sales to 50 so everyone has to pay $5000.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah, there's no way this topper is less than $650. If i'm not mistaken, the BM66 was $650 for the batsignal/topper. If there's a ton of programming in that R2 unit I expect $650 minimum. TAKE MY MONEY, DISNEY!

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

Yeah, there's no way this topper is less than $650. If i'm not mistaken, the BM66 was $650 for the batsignal/topper. If there's a ton of programming in that R2 unit I expect $650 minimum. TAKE MY MONEY, DISNEY!

I have no issue spending good money on something legit and worth it.

So yes, Disney/Stern take my money as I consider it already spent!

I just want my f...ing topper, like now!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

At $650, Hard Pass on the topper for me.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Heck...$500 is a hard pass for me. I’m a topper guy too.

#68 5 years ago

It already has a product page on Marco for $499.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It already has a product page on Marco for $499.

There is $500 on the floor in my living room. It burned a hole through my pocket long ago.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just can't understand that anyone that is older than 10, can see EP1, or 2 , or 3, or 8, ..... and not think they were absolute garbage in every aspect. Just because it has the SW name on it, doesn't mean you have to still suck the SW member. It's ok, to acknowledge a good movie from a really really bad one.
only ones that anyone can sit through and not laugh about how terrible they are, is .... EP 7 and R1 (were tolerable but not great movies by any means)
it's not about trolling. It's about obvious bad writting. Kind of like NES games. Some were complete shiat. Where you might have 2 people out there, that try to sell it as a good game (the programmer and his mom), but deep down, everyone knows it's a pile of shiat. Negative comments doesn't mean trolling. That's not what trolling means. Negative comments are also......Honest reviews and opinions. It's ok. You know it's shiat. It's not going to be the end of the world if you come to terms with it.

I'm not defending the Prequels. They are trash.

Episode VII and VIII each had an "A" from Cinemascore audiences, and both were over 90% on Rotten tomatoes. So, both were well received critically and by regular audiences. The only thing "obvious" here as you say, is your minority opinion.

Put that in your blaster and smoke it!

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Maybe the R2D2 topper will be plain white with a Supreme logo in the middle? They could limit sales to 50 so everyone has to pay $5000.

Lol

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Episode VII and VIII each had an "A" from Cinemascore audiences, and both were over 90% on Rotten tomatoes. So, both were well received critically and by regular audiences. The only thing "obvious" here as you say, is your minority opinion.
Put that in your blaster and smoke it, troll!

I care more about the audience score than critics score. VIII has an audience score of 46%.

#73 5 years ago

According to what source? My post included audience reaction as well as critical reaction. It's almost as if you didn't read it thoroughly.

Cinemascore has it as an "A". This is polled by a wide swath of opening weekend audience members. It is independent of the studios, and can be brutal on even the biggest budgeted movies.

Online voting sources (which I assume you are quoting) are meaningless, as people can summit negative or positive results multiple times.

#75 5 years ago

From which movie woould be your dream topper?

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

According to what source? My post included audience reaction as well as critical reaction. It's almost as if you didn't read it thoroughly.
Cinemascore has it as an "A". This is polled by a wide swath of opening weekend audience members. It is independent of the studios, and can be brutal on even the biggest budgeted movies.
Online voting sources (which I assume you are quoting) are meaningless, as people can summit negative or positive results multiple times.

I was referencing Rotten Tomato. I’m less familiar with Cinemascore but I’ll take your post as accurate for that source/score.

#77 5 years ago

From may 2018 stern of the union

“Accessories:

The Star Wars shooter knob accessory is now in stock and available for sale. We will make a formal announcement once the topper is available, but it is still in the works! All Stern accessories are available to purchase from your local retailer -”

If the shooter knob is out now, hopefully the topper is coming shortly

#78 5 years ago

Moderation notice: please this thread on topic (SW topper), thanks...

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation notice: please this thread on topic (SW topper), thanks...

Thank you!

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Put that in your blaster and smoke it!

there is no way EP8 got a 90% from anyone, unless shilled by Disney. No possible way. Massive shilling going on. I have yet to talk to anyone in person that didn't acknowledge it being the biggest piece of shit ever. Even more so than the piece of shit prequels. And yes the topper is way overpriced.

1 month later
#81 5 years ago

I didn’t realize the topper had it’s own topic lol

I probably would’ve been in on the topper earlier, but I doubt I’ll pick one up now. The irrational spending phase for my new game is over.

And if it’s really going to be $650, it’ll need to be more appealing than adding another EM or early SS to my collection.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I didn’t realize the topper had it’s own topic lol
I probably would’ve been in on the topper earlier, but I doubt I’ll pick one up now. The irrational spending phase for my new game is over.
And if it’s really going to be $650, it’ll need to be more appealing than adding another EM or early SS to my collection.

$650...I thought it was $499...not that that’s much better.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

$650...I thought it was $499...not that that’s much better.

Marco has a placeholder listing for the topper at $499. Not sure where the $650 rumor came from.

Come on Stern, release this SOB already!

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Quoted from raycasual:

I got $650 from these comments. Hopefully it’s $499

#85 5 years ago

Hopefully it's less than that. Half a grand is way too much for it.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I got $650 from these comments. Hopefully it’s $499

Those are the Pinside speculation "facts" we see so much of, sometimes known as fake news.

1 month later
#87 5 years ago

How is it that I, The Star Wars Topper Guy, am just now finding this thread? Ok, just so you know, I have it from a Highly Credible Source that the topper is real, it will be here soon, and it will, and I quote: "Be cool!" No word on whether I am getting the first one for being the Facebook Troll that has kept the dream alive. =)

2fve1w (resized).jpg2fve1w (resized).jpg
#88 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

How is it that I, The Star Wars Topper Guy, am just now finding this thread? Ok, just so you know, I have it from a Highly Credible Source that the topper is real, it will be here soon, and it will, and I quote: "Be cool!" No word on whether I am getting the first one for being the Facebook Troll that has kept the dream alive. =)
[quoted image]

I was told in January 2018 at CES by Jody Dankberg of Stern Pinball that the topper was in final review with Disney and would be available Spring 2018. He, said the topper is the rear section of Luke's X-wing with a very chatty / interactive R2 sitting in the back. Well, here it is now approaching fall and still nothing!

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Moortus:

I was told in January 2018 at CES by Jody Dankberg of Stern Pinball that the topper was in final review with Disney and would be available Spring 2018. He, said the topper is the rear section of Luke's X-wing with a very chatty / interactive R2 sitting in the back. Well, here it is now approaching fall and still nothing!

That was before I started my Facebook campaign. You're welcome.

#90 5 years ago

September 9 2018

Release date for the topper.

#91 5 years ago

Got to be an interactive R2D2 surely?

It needs to be amazing for me to spend $500 on it though.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Moortus:

That sounds amazing and if done properly I would spend $400-$500 on it. Hopefully it's released soon!

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That sounds amazing and if done properly I would spend $400-$500 on it. Hopefully it's released soon!

That could be tempting, especially if coded into the game.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

September 9 2018
Release date for the topper.

Is that hot tip from the same person that told you MBr is coming with new code? Lol

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is that hot tip from the same person that told you MBr is coming with new code? Lol

That's the date Stern has told Distributors. Take it easy there fella!

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That could be tempting, especially if coded into the game.

Yup, and the topper code is already in the game. In several of the release notes there's line entries regarding the topper and there's a topper motor setting in the menu. Hopefully the production version of the topper rotates back and forth and lights up.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

That's the date Stern has told Distributors. Take it easy there fella!

Lol I was just ribbing you.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, and the topper code is already in the game. In several of the release notes there's line entries regarding the topper and there's a topper motor setting in the menu. Hopefully the production version of the topper rotates back and forth and lights up.

Custom speech from R2D2 would really be pretty cool.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Custom speech from R2D2 would really be pretty cool.

I heard it's R-Rated...

Rob

#100 5 years ago

Got my life size topper just in case

B9208141-1E76-4D31-8B43-FCB6586862B2 (resized).jpegB9208141-1E76-4D31-8B43-FCB6586862B2 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Redmond, WA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/2?hl=sprudeldudel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.