Topic Stats

• 1,222 posts
  • 213 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by MrMikeman
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 230 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20200612_174127 (resized).jpg
20200612_174118 (resized).jpg
15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20200521_090609 (resized).jpg
Droid2 (resized).jpg
20200418_161305 (resized).jpg
SW-TOPb (resized).jpg
20200309_130701a (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 1222 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 25.
#1201 46 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Why is it unobtainable? Last check showed several vendors with them available.

I couldn’t find any there’s one listed on eBay for $900 no thanks.

#1202 46 days ago

Great American Pinball - $765

#1203 45 days ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

What have others done and has anybody made anything interactive with the game?

The topper interacts with a lot of things in the game. Not sure what you are asking?

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Why is it unobtainable? Last check showed several vendors with them available.

Up until recently they had them in stock at Marcos and Pinball Life and they're both out now. They're going to be very hard to find soon and they're limited to 500. There is one for $999 plus $50 shipping on eBay...

#1204 45 days ago

Sorry, to be clear I though they were all sold out and I wouldn't pay that much for one anyway, I was wondering if someone had made something similar as a mod for less money that still interacted with the game like the official topper? I'm guessing not, so I was wondering what others have done instead as a topper?

#1205 45 days ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Sorry, to be clear I though they were all sold out and I wouldn't pay that much for one anyway, I was wondering if someone had made something similar as a mod for less money that still interacted with the game like the official topper? I'm guessing not, so I was wondering what others have done instead as a topper?

If you look at the image gallery of this thread you will see several alternate toppers others have done. None interact.

#1206 45 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you look at the image gallery of this thread you will see several alternate toppers others have done. None interact.

Thanks mate, I should have thought of that!

1 week later
#1207 36 days ago

Any distributors have the topper in stock?

#1208 35 days ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Any distributors have the topper in stock?

Looks like my semi-local distributor might have some:

https://www.orangecountypinballs.com/product-page/copy-of-star-wars-pinball-stern-accessories

Perhaps call them to verify, but I was able to put it in my shopping cart.

#1209 35 days ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Looks like my semi-local distributor might have some:
https://www.orangecountypinballs.com/product-page/copy-of-star-wars-pinball-stern-accessories
Perhaps call them to verify, but I was able to put it in my shopping cart.

$600 shipping lol

#1210 35 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

$600 shipping lol

Wow, I did not even look at that. Yeah, scratch that option. Back to the drawing board for ya.

Glad I bought my overpriced Topper when GAP had some in stock with $50 shipping. $600 for a topper???

#1211 35 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

$600 shipping lol

It’s a drop down. Drop it down and pick stern accessory and it changes to $25.00

#1212 35 days ago

I emailed them 3 times. No response. Ill call tomorrow

2 weeks later
#1214 17 days ago

We have Star Wars toppers in stock, newest run, ready to ship.

Flip N Out Pinball
zach@flipnoutpinball.com

#1215 12 days ago
Quoted from Mole:

I can see that there is a long discussion with Stern’s R2-D2. :^)
I saw that some people are quite happy while others are not.
I am with the latter group. I am very unhappy about the build quality and lack of detailing effort for the exorbitant price tag.
I am not here to add to the conversation other then I wanted to remedy the problems that bothered me. So, I concentrated on the lack of detail with the R2-D2 topper. It was quite obvious that a lot of detail was missing that makes R2-D2 the droid that he is.
My goal was to use the original Stern R2-D2 Dome and put on parts that were lacking. I took to the 3D printer community, thingiverse, to see if I could find something that would help to get these R2-D2 parts and details. While I did find good references, there was nothing that I could use directly.
I switched on Tinkercad to build the part models to make with my 3D printer and then used Photoshop to design the graphics from scratch using actual still frames from the A New Hope Episode 4 for R2-D2 displays. All parts designed to fit the Stern R2-D2 Dome directly. These are not functioning parts for adding esthetics only. There are no LEDs functioning logic displays, only printed graphics.
Here are those details added to my topper that I believed to be missing.
Here was my list.
1. (3) Holo-projection lens with the knurling detail and swivel ball base.
2. (2) Front Logic Displays- Top & bottom with blue and white lights graphic.
3. (1) Rear Logic Display with green and orange graphic.
Plus, I am adding working the Yavin X-wing Formation Graphic for behind the R2-D2 with some additional spot lamps. (As seen in the mock-up stage in the photos.) I am going to add some highlights to R2-D2’s dome to look “Battle Worn” and try to be happy with the topper, for now.
In the near future, I will be modeling up a new R2-D2 Dome designed with the individual Blue Panels with the recessed edges, as well as the correct details and working holo-projectors, lit logic display panels and color-changing red/blue & green/yellow color processor state indicators. And maybe adding a working projection of Princess Leia.
Have fun,
Daniel
[quoted image][quoted image]

Really nice looking work. I'm interested in them as well. Assuming you painted the 3d prints to create the data effects?

1 week later
#1216 5 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We have Star Wars toppers in stock, newest run, ready to ship.
Flip N Out Pinball
zach@flipnoutpinball.com

Hey Zac,

I’m a bit confused here?

I tried to buy one of these toppers about a month ago and they were sold out everywhere. Maybe one or two still showing as available from remote suppliers web sites. I had assumed that all 500 limited edition topper had sold out.

Now there’s “new stock available” and a few distributors appear to be restocked. Does this mean Stern only trickle fed an initial run but are still rolling these out, while sticking to 500?

Same goes for the JP topper, supposedly limited to 250 build and also supposedly sold out within two weeks.

Is this part of sterns campaign to create hype around limiting supply? Inflate prices on flea bay? Trickle supply chains ? Give people a taste? Keep them guessing? Justify high prices? Am I going to miss out? Really... if I don’t buy one now am I going to miss out?

We can’t expect distributors to all
have the answers. It’s also understandable that production is Going to be a bit weird in times like these. I’d like to hope that anyone who wants one doesn’t have miss out, or falls pray to the chumps selling them on flea bay for $999 It’s a chunk of huge change and some people probably need time to save up, deliberate throughout the factory defect issues? sell their one of their organs or take up a paper run (sorry they don’t do those anymore) just to be able to afford one.

Anyway... just a bit of food for thought. You may know something most others don’t.

#1217 5 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

Hey Zac,
I’m a bit confused here?
I tried to buy one of these toppers about a month ago and they were sold out everywhere. Maybe one or two still showing as available from remote suppliers web sites. I had assumed that all 500 limited edition topper had sold out.
Now there’s “new stock available” and a few distributors appear to be restocked. Does this mean Stern only trickle fed an initial run but are still rolling these out, while sticking to 500?
Same goes for the JP topper, supposedly limited to 250 build and also supposedly sold out within two weeks.
Is this part of sterns campaign to create hype around limiting supply? Inflate prices on flea bay? Trickle supply chains ? Give people a taste? Keep them guessing? Justify high prices? Am I going to miss out? Really... if I don’t buy one now am I going to miss out?
have the answers. It’s also understandable that production is Going to be a bit weird in times like these. I’d like to hope that anyone who wants one doesn’t have miss out, or falls pray to the chumps selling them on flea bay for $999 It’s a chunk of huge change and some people probably need time to save up, deliberate throughout the factory defect issues? sell their one of their organs or take up a paper run (sorry they don’t do those anymore) just to be able to afford one.
Anyway... just a bit of food for thought. You may know something most others don’t.

Because they were out of stock does not mean Sold out of the run nor did I see them announce that. Seems like they just followed business 101. Build 500 of something they are not sure will sell or build several batches at intervals dependent on sales interests. May not be available at the moment we want them but if there is demand and they have not reached the 500 odds are they will make more.

#1218 5 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

Hey Zac,
I’m a bit confused here?

We as dealers aren’t given all the production details of machines or accessories, but I do know that similar to machines, toppers often have ‘runs’. Star Wars was released and they produced a run (I don’t know how many). Let’s say Flip N Out Pinball purchased 40 initially. We may get 20 of those initially and then another 20 when they do another run of them. Same with Black Knight. We could order 20 and we receive them spread across however many runs they do. I’m not sure the reasoning behind the runs, could be a sales thing, could be a parts/supply thing, not sure.

I do know that Star Wars topper will receive no more production. Thus, whatever is out there is out there. We have some in stock and would be happy to ship out anyone looking for one. Hope this helps.

#1219 3 days ago

Okay thanks for clearing that up guys.

I think I understand their marketing approach and sales philosophy now. I guess it’s tough nuts to anyone who paid $999 thinking they were sold out, unbeknownst there was a second, third or fourth rollout for a production run not to exceed 500.

“That's the trick in this business: if you want longevity, just keep people guessing a little bit.”

Kelsey Grammer

#1220 2 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We have some in stock and would be happy to ship out anyone looking for one. Hope this helps.

Maybe you should answer your emails zmeny !

#1221 2 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Maybe you should answer your emails zmeny !

Sorry for the delay we are looking into the barriers to selling across the border

#1222 2 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sorry for the delay we are looking into the barriers to selling across the border

Shouldn't be any. Just bought the JP topper from LSOG less than a month ago. Shipped fedex or USPS can't remember. No issues. As long as it's not UPS I am ok!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 1222 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 25.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside