Topic Stats

• 1,190 posts
  • 205 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 227 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg
DAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20200521_090609 (resized).jpg
Droid2 (resized).jpg
20200418_161305 (resized).jpg
SW-TOPb (resized).jpg
20200309_130701a (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
8D970173-A5A4-4DBE-BCBC-6F1FD87A8EF1 (resized).jpeg
85C7846B-6EEF-4A0D-B1B8-A74B45DD0DA8.jpeg
44A712DE-AE6D-4746-B954-F943537CEA6B.jpeg

There are 1190 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.
#1151 10 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looking at the picture gallery of this thread (top) all the ones including mine have 4 screws.

Yeah, I kinda knew that already.. R2 is working at the moment.. just pisses me off that Stern can’t sort their QC out..

Machine and toppers made for a cheap as possible, with employees that don’t give a fuck!

#1152 10 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yeah, I kinda knew that already.. R2 is working at the moment.. just pisses me off that Stern can’t sort their QC out..
Machine and toppers made for a cheap as possible, with employees that don’t give a fuck!

Sorry, seemed like you posed this as a question just trying to help.

#1153 10 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry, seemed like you posed this as a question just trying to help.

Sorry Dave

#1154 8 days ago

I would like to know the technical data of the Motor (Voltage and RPM) if possible.
Is there someone who can check that for me/us ?

#1155 8 days ago

What a piece of shit, ya’ll got ripped off with this thing

#1156 8 days ago

The QC on the assembly of these things was terrible. And it is super expensive. Not sure how much of that is licensing or Stern cash grabbing but it still sucks.

On the plus side, it is pretty cool once it is up and working. I've spent more money on worse things.

#1157 6 days ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

I would like to know the technical data of the Motor (Voltage and RPM) if possible.
Is there someone who can check that for me/us ?

nobody ?

#1158 5 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I've spent more money on worse things.

The whole post sums up how I feel, but this was funny because it’s so true!

#1159 4 days ago

I probably won’t spend much more time on this, just paint and weather it, add some tinted windows. Looks kind of goofy, but will file it under “better than nothing”.

6F2522DD-A9DF-494E-AD8B-1E1C93D90B0F (resized).jpegDAE869FA-3D82-4247-A14E-6CECBC21F642 (resized).jpeg
#1160 2 days ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I probably won’t spend much more time on this, just paint and weather it, add some tinted windows. Looks kind of goofy, but will file it under “better than nothing”.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

#1161 1 day ago

This topper is the most pitiful example of expensive Chinese crap I have ever seen. Why are you guys wasting your money?

#1162 1 day ago

Frankly The US actually stands for worse quality than Chinese, internationally speaking (=outside of US).

#1163 1 day ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

This topper is the most pitiful example of expensive Chinese crap I have ever seen. Why are you guys wasting your money?

The bigger question is why do you continue to waste time posting in a thread for a product you have no interest in?

#1164 1 day ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

The bigger question is why do you continue to waste time posting in a thread for a product you have no interest in?

He's just participating in the new great American past time, "being super judgie". I just spent the last 3 hours listening to my in laws who have perfected the art....

#1165 18 hours ago

Does anyone not agree that this toy is a complete piece of overpriced junk? If anyone really is convinced that this is a value priced quality product, please step up.

#1166 18 hours ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Does anyone not agree that this toy is a complete piece of overpriced junk? If anyone really is convinced that this is a value priced quality product, please step up.

Love ours. Completely disagree.

#1167 18 hours ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Love ours too.

#1168 18 hours ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:The bigger question is why do you continue to waste time posting in a thread for a product you have no interest in?
I love mine too. It's a keeper.
Also, I don't bother responding to those that berate others for their purchase. It fulfills no need except for their own.

#1169 17 hours ago

I love mine too. Admittedly I was initially turned off by the price but to quote someone else, I've spent much more for less (including my $1500 of Alien air I purchased from Heighway).

I don't judge people for what they spend their money on, mainly because I don't care. I'm certainly not going to spout flame and crap all over their enjoyment of the purchase. If I wouldn't be rude enough to do it in person, why would I do it on the internet.

#1170 17 hours ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Love mine, too. Yes, I had to fix it when I got it. Cost me an hour and some aggravation. And it shouldn't have, especially for the price. But I haven't yet gotten a pinball machine that didn't have something f**ked up out of the box, so what's the difference?

No regrets, and it works like a charm now. Can't imagine going back.

#1171 17 hours ago

Love mine as well.

Had to laugh...the term pinball and value are a bit of a oxymoron if you ask me.

#1172 15 hours ago

It is interesting that everyone responded emotionally. I think D-Gottlieb is making an objective observation. Both points of view can be correct and valid.

#1173 14 hours ago

I don't mean to slam anyone for their purchase of this thing, sorry if I did. I wanted one of these when I bought the pin, but this is just not doing it. In fact, to me it is a joke that it costs more than 100 bucks. I threw a Boba Fett helmet on my machine and called it a day.

15910373905541128602558592782815 (resized).jpg

#1174 14 hours ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I threw a Boba Fett helmet on my machine and called it a day.
[quoted image]

Well it looks like shit but at least it's cheaper

#1175 14 hours ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

In fact, to me it is a joke that it costs more than 100 bucks.

Has a full node board, motor control board, motor, multiple leds, metal base and metal ring/sleeve for the rotation. $750 is too much, but I think at the $499 price it would've been reasonable. Not great but compared to what some completely plastic non-interactive pinball toppers sell for, reasonable.

$100.00 is just trolling.

#1176 13 hours ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It is interesting that everyone responded emotionally. I think D-Gottlieb is making an objective observation. Both points of view can be correct and valid.

Seems like everyone simply responded with their opinion. I for one don’t need anyone’s justification on what I purchase or appreciate.

#1177 13 hours ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Seems like everyone simply responded with their opinion. I for one don’t need anyone’s justification on what I purchase or appreciate.

That is the exact point I was making. Every single response started with Love or I love, I hope we can agree those are subjective opinions. D-Gottlieb was clearly being objective in his opinion. Objectively its hard to argue this topper is worth the money, subjectively of course it is. You for one have nothing to get defensive about I was simply pointing out you are both right. If your going to disagree at least use the same type of argument.

#1178 13 hours ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That is the exact point I was making. Every single response started with Love or I love, I hope we can agree those are subjective opinions. D-Gottlieb was clearly being objective in his opinion. Objectively its hard to argue this topper is worth the money, subjectively of course it is. You for one have nothing to get defensive about I was simply pointing out you are both right. If your going to disagree at least use the same type of argument.

You really are reading Way to much into this. I nor was anyone defensive to you or his post. Would it help you feel better if we say “we really like it a lot” instead of love it? Asking if we agree it’s “an over priced piece of junk” seems like trolling with stupid bait to me.

#1179 12 hours ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You really are reading Way to much into this. I nor was anyone defensive to you or his post. Would it help you feel better if we say “we really like it a lot” instead of love it? Asking if we agree it’s “an over priced piece of junk” seems like trolling with stupid bait to me.

Read paul_8788 response he answer objectively to an objective point. It makes sense. They are talking about the cost of goods, manufacturing what you physically get for the money. That is objective. Responding with an emotional subjective opinion to an objective one doesn't make any sense you not even speaking the same language.

#1180 12 hours ago
Quoted from Darscot:

There is no value or really anything worth the money in this hobby...it’s all overpriced but it’s fun.

There is nothing subjective or objective about it and that isn’t an emotional opinion. It’s probably why every single non pinhead I’ve had over thinks I’m f’ing nuts.

#1181 12 hours ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don't forget "Why are you guys wasting your money?"

#1182 12 hours ago
Quoted from Darscot:

How can a non-functional decoration be objectively "worth the money"? No amount of money is a good value for a non-functional item. It's not like the topper is a car, computer, drill, or some other functional item where you can objectively compare this topper's function against another and determine it's value for the money.

It's value is purely subjective.

#1183 12 hours ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

How can a non-functional decoration be objectively "worth the money"? No amount of money is a good value for a non-functional item. It's not like the topper is a car, computer, drill, or some other functional item where you can objectively compare this topper's function against another and determine it's value for the money.

I have already pointed out an example of objectivity, I have no idea why you guys insist on trying to mix the two and turn this into a boolean equation. I have nothing further to add.

#1184 11 hours ago

I am happy with my topper, i am glad I bought it.

#1185 9 hours ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Art is non-functional. I have paid handsome sums for pieces of art. This is not art.

#1186 8 hours ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Art is non-functional. I have paid handsome sums for pieces of art. This is not art.

And some people would say you got ripped off for some paper and paint or clay or with whatever raw material the art was constructed.

Another example of subjective value to which there is no right answer. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

#1187 7 hours ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

And some people would say you got ripped off for some paper and paint or clay or with whatever raw material the art was constructed.
Another example of subjective value to which there is no right answer. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

There are a few museums that would disagree with you.

#1188 6 hours ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Yup. It’s half a basketball spray painted silver, with a bunch of poorly applied stickers, a $5 Chinese motor, and zero QC. All for 10x the price of some very amazing R2D2 toys with incredible detail and engineering. Owners may love it, and that’s totally great, but no one can deny Stern cheaped out to the N’th degree on this one.

#1189 6 hours ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yup. It’s half a basketball spray painted silver, with a bunch of poorly applied stickers, a $5 Chinese motor, and zero QC. All for 10x the price of some very amazing R2D2 toys with incredible detail and engineering. Owners may love it, and that’s totally great, but no one can deny Stern cheaped out to the N’th degree on this one.

Something tells me that you and the other guy will spend your life not letting the owners forget.

#1190 6 hours ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Something tells me that you and the other guy will spend your life not letting the owners forget.

Thank goodness we don't give a shit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
$ 12.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 1190 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside