Topic Stats

• 1,156 posts
  • 204 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by paul_8788
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 224 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20200521_090609 (resized).jpg
Droid2 (resized).jpg
20200418_161305 (resized).jpg
SW-TOPb (resized).jpg
20200309_130701a (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
8D970173-A5A4-4DBE-BCBC-6F1FD87A8EF1 (resized).jpeg
85C7846B-6EEF-4A0D-B1B8-A74B45DD0DA8.jpeg
44A712DE-AE6D-4746-B954-F943537CEA6B.jpeg
20200216_114450_resized (resized).jpg
8DCC7F83-47E3-447D-A434-4EDE0BC5D0FF (resized).jpeg
12BF3F28-3B3B-443C-ADDD-555AB94C6B1E (resized).jpeg

There are 1156 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 24.
#1001 4 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Bought my topper at the end of November and still waiting on it arrive

Who did you buy from?

#1002 4 months ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I guess there are arguments on both sides of the fence. I can see both points but I think the bottom line is a lot more gets done when we treat each other with respect. I think it is fine for the Vendor to try to offer his services to fix the item before having to send it back but I think it is also fine for the owner to say thanks but no thanks without a snarky response.
I have always tried to be respectful when working through issues. Stern has worked with me on my Metallica years after the warranty was over, explaining how to use a multimeter, reviewing pics and providing advice, sending some parts without charging me so I find their customer service pretty good (granted some of the issues where quality control on their part but I never complained to them and they helped fix the issues).

This; making presumptions about your customer is dumb; likely just a slip from a generally well meaning vendor. But still an example of "not the best way to do this".

And as a customer getting all ragey about it seems to not be helping either.

They will fix your $750 "LE" topper for you. At the end of the day it is just whether you get it running soon or in a month or three.

FWIW I think this topper will go down as "peak mod". If in two years time there are $1500 LE toppers I might just have to punch out of this hobby

#1003 4 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Who did you buy from?

Game exchange of colorado

#1004 4 months ago

Lol I guess it was wrong of me to get offended when I got called “mechanically declined” by vendor sorry guys next time I get hit in the face I will just say thank you

#1005 4 months ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Lol I guess it was wrong of me to get offended when I got called “mechanically declined” by vendor sorry guys next time I get hit in the face I will just say thank you

Thick skin - Thin skin... its irrelevant. When you spend $750 on something the shit should work. Doesn't matter if you can take it apart blind folded or not.

#1006 4 months ago

On a change of note I am really looking forward to that Black Knight topper!

#1007 4 months ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

FWIW I really think it is okay to be offended, I would have just made that stance clear to the vendor; look, I can disassemble a jet engine or whatever, but I just dropped $750 on a friggen topper. It should work.

If you want to give me some sort of big discount to work on it, maybe? If you want me to each shipping to have it fixed, no dice their either.

I am sure they will take care of you, but it is okay to let someone know when they have caused offence, even if unintentional. Handled well you would be doing his business a favor.

#1008 4 months ago

I don’t know, if the guy offended you you are the only judge on that. My personal view is that many people take things too personally these days. He was trying to help you avoid shipping it back, which sucks if it was a simple fix. And you didn’t want to touch it, so that’s fair also.

#1009 4 months ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Thick skin - Thin skin... its irrelevant. When you spend $750 on something the shit should work. Doesn't matter if you can take it apart blind folded or not.

This statement I agree with 100%. It should work right out of the box. Luckily, mine feels like it does just that. It’s too bad even with Sterns implementation decisions they did not execute it 100%. It even questions how is this product should work correctly? How does a consumer verify that if Stern does not even release product description of how it should work, what addition features are provided, etc...

Because Our market is a niche one with this “limited release”, these flaws are tolerated (when it should not).

I still like my topper... this pinball machine is not leaving my house unless: I die, get divorced, stolen, or natural disaster (fire, earthquake).

#1010 4 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Game exchange of colorado

I bought from him right when it came out and got mine in later December. My guess is the delay is on Stern's end at this point.

#1011 4 months ago

Topper fixed and received much better then the aimless circles it kept doing . I like it now only thing is I wish it
Looked a bit
Cosmetically better

#1012 4 months ago

Mine is supposed to be in a new batch that is being made at this moment. Hopefully they have worked out the kinks. I've barely played the game since I ordered it. Once the topper is up there, I'm going on a SW Premium binge.

#1013 4 months ago

Only complaint, wish they put the two vertical square lights to the left of center rather than a decal.

#1014 4 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Mine is supposed to be in a new batch that is being made at this moment. Hopefully they have worked out the kinks. I've barely played the game since I ordered it. Once the topper is up there, I'm going on a SW Premium binge.

That happened for me. Played it more in the week I received the topper than the last 6 months before that.

#1015 3 months ago

Joined the "how do you justify that" topper club! lol Picked it up today built last week. Not a scratch and worked perfect out of the box. I avoid thinking about what I paid for it but must say it is really F'n cool. Did do like a previous poster mentioned and moved the LE plate to the right side of the speaker panel. Not sure if they are going in order but #447/500 is checking in. May the force be with you!

IMG_4663 (resized).jpg
#1016 3 months ago

Joined the club to. #420
I puted isolant ruban on it...
20200127_212607 (resized).jpg

20200127_213038 (resized).jpg
#1017 3 months ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Joined the club to. #420
I puted isolant ruban on it...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that for the light bleed from under the topper?

#1018 3 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Appears to be. For me, with the height of the topper I didn’t really see much light bleed but a creative simple solution no doubt.

#1019 3 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

it looks like a narrow version of beer seal (which is used underneath the lockdown bar). there are a variety of things that could be used to mask off any light bleed. adhesive backed felt (sold in craft stores such as michaels and joann fabrics) would work as well.

btw, "isolant ruban" translates to "ribbon insulation" from french to english. come on you slackers

#1020 3 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes

#1021 3 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I'm sure it will block the light better than cellophane would.

#1022 3 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'm sure it will block the light better than cellophane would.

#1023 3 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Fair enough. I think Stern gives 60 days on pinball machines. I’d guess the topper “warranty” is the same. What happens in reality is a much longer period typically.

The warranty on new Stern pins is one year not 60 days.

#1024 3 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The warranty on new Stern pins is one year not 60 days.

Nope.

6052838D-264C-43A9-B9A9-DD6332994882 (resized).jpeg
#1025 3 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope.[quoted image]

Never saw that before. They have covered me for twelve months on all six of my stern pins so far. Never heard of sixty days. Huh.

#1026 3 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Never saw that before. They have covered me for twelve months on all six of my stern pins so far. Never heard of sixty days. Huh.

They always cover WAY after the stated warranty.

#1027 3 months ago

AND the warranty is from the date they ship it from Stern to the distributor - not the date you received it. If it sits in the distributor's warehouse for 9 months, it technically has no warranty.

Kinda crazy they have such a weak warranty considering the price point of the product they are selling. As others have said, they usually warranty parts for a year or longer but they really don't have to.

#1028 3 months ago

Repaired topper arrived today - works great now - happy to have it.

#1029 3 months ago

Getting the last of the backordered Star Wars toppers out today. Sorry for the delay. I Hoped to have had all orders fulfilled early than now. Sorry for all delays. We are now caught up.
Thanks to those that ordered from GAP!
GAP
Www.greatamericanpinball.com

20200201_140706 (resized).jpg
#1030 3 months ago

Does anyone know if the software that was supposed to drive the projector that was supposed to be in the topper still exist? If so, what was supposed to drive the projector.

Also, I'm baffled as to why they didn't add a few more LEDs to light up R2's larger eye and some other locations on his some.

One final thing ... Is anyone working on a background for this topper? Something that might look cool is the background they used for that mail order figure platform Kenner sold in the late 70s.

#1031 3 months ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Does anyone know if the software that was supposed to drive the projector that was supposed to be in the topper still exist? If so, what was supposed to drive the projector.
Also, I'm baffled as to why they didn't add a few more LEDs to light up R2's larger eye and some other locations on his some.
One final thing ... Is anyone working on a background for this topper? Something that might look cool is the background they used for that mail order figure platform Kenner sold in the late 70s.

I think it would be very easy to add lights if wanted. Big hollow dome to work with.

#1032 3 months ago

Looks like I should have ordered my topper from GAP instead of Colorado Game Exchange.... still not word from them on shipment

#1033 3 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Looks like I should have ordered my topper from GAP instead of Colorado Game Exchange.... still not word from them on shipment

Cancel the order, as of a week or so ago Cointaker had several in stock here in PA.

#1034 3 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I got mine from JJ about 6 weeks ago. Sounds like Stern has just taken some time to catch up with demand. I'd call JJ and ask what the ETA is, he is usually very responsive.

#1035 3 months ago

Mine arrived this week. So far, it’s great.

0C2FA905-7F56-4C38-B2E8-DA20A61934AD (resized).jpegB5624AA8-4C25-4240-A8D9-0DDFBEECD2EC (resized).jpeg4C8B1218-D974-48DD-A26B-A5E3F21EE5D0 (resized).jpegC9B4B25C-B005-4315-AC39-E137B9246446 (resized).jpeg21BDBD64-F9D5-4599-8A5E-B6DD08E3202E (resized).jpeg
#1036 3 months ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Mine arrived this week. So far, it’s great.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I recommend installing the small weather strip to eliminate the light leakage, although minimal it is noticeable in dark room.

#1037 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I recommend installing the small weather strip to eliminate the light leakage, although minimal it is noticeable in dark room.

I saw that and thought exactly the same thing. I guess I missed it in the thread.

#1038 3 months ago

Hi guys,

I finally got my R2D2 topper but once I got it installed my R2 only spins his head 360 every now and then. Where I watch your videos and it’s more interactive.
I have updated my code in my machine and still no change... any ideas???

#1039 3 months ago

I’ve only had my topper installed one day. On the 5-6 games I played, it moved around, but I would not say it was doing a lot of things. I noted in the menus that there are a few topper settings, I didn’t adjust mine, but you might want to check.

#1040 3 months ago

Yeah I have checked the menu and still nothing. The videos I have seen on here R2 head moves side to side but mine nothing but only every 5 mins during gameplay its head rotates 360

#1041 3 months ago
Quoted from ribbo835:

Yeah I have checked the menu and still nothing. The videos I have seen on here R2 head moves side to side but mine nothing but only every 5 mins during gameplay its head rotates 360

That doesn’t sound right to me. R2 head should go back and forth a bit and he spins 360 degrees when extra ball awarded or special is achieved.

Try tilting and see if his had goes back and forth during the warning.

#1042 3 months ago
Quoted from ribbo835:

Sounds like someone else that had a defective one. If it ONLY rotates 360 degrees and nothing else, something is wrong. Call Stern or your distro.

#1043 3 months ago

Mine just lit up and wouldn't turn at all. Sent it back to Stern last week.

#1044 3 months ago

Kinda sucks if people are paying this kind of money for something that doesn't work properly.

#1045 3 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Kinda sucks if people are paying this kind of money for something that doesn't work properly.

talk to the people purchasing a ST pinball!

#1046 3 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

talk to the people purchasing a ST pinball!

Have you played one? Well I have and I love it.

Fortunately for me, I can actually form my own thoughts and own opinions. If I don’t have first hand experience, I thoughtfully refrain from spewing other’s negativity.

Oh yeah, I bought the SW topper and love it. Did you buy one of them or are u just here to spread more baseless negativity?

#1047 3 months ago
Quoted from rs812:

Fortunately for me, I can actually form my own thoughts and own opinions. If I don’t have first hand experience, I thoughtfully refrain from spewing other’s negativity.
Oh yeah, I bought the SW topper and love it....

Congrats on the topper! Looks like you might have been spewing a little negativity before you got it though? Or maybe you realized your toothpaste dispenser wasn't all you thought it was?

Quoted from rs812:

If I was Disney I wouldn’t approve that POS topper either. I’ve seen Star Wars toothpaste dispensers with a better likeness of R2D2.

Quoted from rs812:

But, man...$500??

#1048 3 months ago
Quoted from rs812:

Where do you think this negativity magically comes from? I'll tell you. It comes from people who played the game. It's been out since Christmas. Almost everyone I know has played it and has the first hand experience you mention. Glad you like it though.

#1049 3 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Where do you think this negativity magically comes from? I'll tell you. It comes from people who played the game. It's been out since Christmas. Almost everyone I know has played it and has the first hand experience you mention. Glad you like it though.

But you do realize that when people say bad things it affects my enjoyment of said something so I must defend it's honor and in turn my enjoyment of it

#1050 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Congrats on the topper! Looks like you might have been spewing a little negativity before you got it though? Or maybe you realized your toothpaste dispenser wasn't all you thought it was?

So people are not allowed to change an opinion? I'm sure anyone can dig through many posts and find conflicts along the way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
There are 1156 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside