View topic image gallery

IMG_5684 (resized).JPG
IMG_5682 (resized).JPG
Banner2 (resized).png
star (resized).png
#2 6 years ago

Just saw this, are these the real deal?

#3 6 years ago

Yes they are Stern. Topper and shooter rod knob are still awaiting final approval

#4 6 years ago

Do the lightsabers light up or just decals on std black. For the “low” price I’m assuming black with decal

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Yes they are Stern. Topper and shooter rod knob are still awaiting final approval

Are the blades and armor available now?

#6 6 years ago

The artwork on the inner blade set, looks kickass.....

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

The artwork on the inner blade set, looks kickass.....

Am I reading the original link correct though, set of 6? Only 4 pictured.

#8 6 years ago

I don't think his pic shows them all?

#9 6 years ago

Yes Inner Blades and Armor are being shipped

Armor is just cutout and not backlit

star (resized).pngstar (resized).png

#10 6 years ago

I like them all in different ways, hard to picture which would look best on the machine. I thought one of them maybe would have been a space scene to kind of go with the world they created under the glass.

#11 6 years ago

They come in a pack of 6 so you can mix & match

#12 6 years ago

I think I will wait for someone to make a space scene for both sides since your supposed to be in space?

#13 6 years ago

Yes Inner Blades and Armor are being shipped
Armor is just cutout and not backlit

Looks great. Would like to see those installed.

Hopefully, the topper comes out shortly

#14 6 years ago

Held off to see what stern would come up with for the blades, think I’ll go with mirror blades instead.

#15 6 years ago

So $160 for 3 sets of side artwork...ugh. I much rather pick 1 set for $80. I really hoping Stern isn't forcing all 3 sets on customers, that's ridiculous. Who in the world wants to spend the time swapping side art in and out? It's already a pain in the ass to install them once, lol.

#16 6 years ago

Stern should sell a frame for LE owners to display their 2 extra translights and now 2 extra sets of side art.

#17 6 years ago

It seems to me that, by selling these in sets of three, stern is creating their own competition. If I bought these, I would install one set and sell the other two sets. No way I would store these or just leave them laying around.

Also, say you do want to change them out. How do you remove them without cracking or breaking them? The set I bought for BM66 was made of a thick vinyl that would seem to crack if over worked or flexed too much. And what about the adhesive? Would seem to be a one shot deal.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

It seems to me that, by selling these in sets of three, stern is creating their own competition. If I bought these, I would install one set and sell the other two sets. No way I would store these or just leave them laying around.
Also, say you do want to change them out. How do you remove them without cracking or breaking them? The set I bought for BM66 was made of a thick vinyl that would seem to crack if over worked or flexed too much. And what about the adhesive? Would seem to be a one shot deal.

Three sets makes no sense for customers at all. Maybe this distro messed up and quoted the Stern cost for the distributor.

#19 6 years ago

Stern's next LE will have:

3 translites
6 side art blades
3 different color ball options
2 sets of legs
And no code

Banner2 (resized).pngBanner2 (resized).png

#20 6 years ago

I think Stern May have royally screwed up with these blades.

Not saying the art isn’t nice but they don’t mesh with the machine at all and being the two sides are different it’s going to look very hodge podge.

Retrorefurbs has a nice space scene with ships on it, I think I’m going with this now.

#21 6 years ago

Maybe we see the topper today? That’s all I care about now after seeing the side armor.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe we see the topper today? That’s all I care about now after seeing the side armor.

Agreed, a nice interactive topper would be great. Hope they at least get this right!

#23 6 years ago

If you look in the game's settings there is a setting for turning the R2-D2 topper on or off. Guess it's going to be that little guy on top.

#24 6 years ago

The siderails are a swing and a miss for me. Here's hoping the topper isn't a dud, also. It is listed at $499, so it had better do something other than light up when the game is on. The premium BM66 topper is obscenely overpriced for doing absolutely nothing but light up.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Three sets makes no sense for customers at all. Maybe this distro messed up and quoted the Stern cost for the distributor.

At the distributor's discretion we can separate the set of 6 to sell them in 3 pairs. Customers might not like our choices if we separate but it is an option.

#26 6 years ago

Steve Ritchie himself said they designed the machine to be a battle. The art on the blades just doesn’t fit. If they were going to make a set of 6, why in the world didn’t at least a pair of them go with the battle theme?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Steve Ritchie himself said they designed the machine to be a battle. The art on the blades just doesn’t fit. If they were going to make a set of 6, why in the world didn’t at least a pair of them go with the battle theme?

Agreed, some art from battle of endor with all the ships closing in on the Death Star would have been more ideal.

Edit - I've been thinking about ordering a set from retrorefurbs. They have a nice side blade with actual ships from Star Wars in a space scene. Only knock is shipping expensive however they have a deal of ordering 3 and free shipping. If anyone wants to go in on this send me a pm, I only need 1 set of blades.

#28 6 years ago

I looked at theirs but I wasn't stylistically impressed. No laser fire. Not real dynamic or battle looking. I will agree they are better than the one's from Stern though. I wish there was a good picture of them on the machine though, because they would look less plain if you could see what they actually look like on the machine.

#29 6 years ago

At the distributor's discretion we can separate the set of 6 to sell them in 3 pairs. Customers might not like our choices if we separate but it is an option.

Are these sideblades and side rails a Stern product? You stated at the discretion of the distributor? Are these a 2nd hand product?

#30 6 years ago

Anyone buy any of these accessories yet?

Where the heck is the topper? Now they set the expectation that this better be the best topper ever built having taken this long to get approved!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Are these sideblades and side rails a Stern product? You stated at the discretion of the distributor? Are these a 2nd hand product?

These are Stern Factory Accessories. The art blades come in 6 packs

#32 6 years ago

These are Stern Factory Accessories. The art blades come in 6 packs

6 pack of art blades? Why? So 4 blades can collect dust? So collectors need to become mini distributors and sell the other 4? They may come in 6 packs to you, the distributor, but then why wouldn't they be sold in pairs to customers with one machine?

2 weeks later
#33 6 years ago

In stock

IMG_5682 (resized).JPGIMG_5682 (resized).JPG

IMG_5684 (resized).JPGIMG_5684 (resized).JPG

#34 6 years ago

OK these look pretty cool, but not quite as nice as the LE rails. Theoretically those new rails could be back lit similar to the LEs only with slightly different colors for the light and dark side?

Anyone buying these for their LE and want to sell the LE rails to me?

5 months later
#35 5 years ago

If anyone wanted to go in on the blades, I would be down. All I want is the Bounty Hunter one and would be happy with whatever else on the other side. Ideally, if 3 people could get together and decide on a pair they each liked, it would be be like $55 a person.

#36 5 years ago

I actually need side rails, as I scratched the inner cab with a botched PF pull - oops. But those things don't match the game art and don't match each other. If I do anything I will probably go for mirror blades.

#37 5 years ago

I would be in for Yoda & Storm Trooper. I was actually thinking of buying the entire set and selling the other 4 on Pinside. I am surprised we haven't seen these for sale on Pinside yet.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I would be in for Yoda & Storm Trooper. I was actually thinking of buying the entire set and selling the other 4 on Pinside. I am surprised we haven't seen these for sale on Pinside yet.

I’d take the Bounty Hunters and the Carbon Freeze room. Anybody want the middle two and split the package?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’d take the Bounty Hunters and the Carbon Freeze room. Anybody want the middle two and split the package?

I’d be in for that. If you guys are good with it, PM me.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Just like the stern storm trooper shooter, I don't think they are selling very well. You see very few who have these items.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I’d be in for that. If you guys are good with it, PM me.

I’m down for that. I’ll PM you guys and coordinate.

2 years later
#42 2 years ago

Resurrecting this discussion on side art for the 2017 Star Wars Stern game. Recently purchased the 6 pack from Stern after waiting on out of stock. None of the corresponding right side blades match completely with the Premium edition. Darth Vader on the left is a perfect match but nothing on the right except a grey Boba Fett which just doesn't work color wise.

There is a good amount of side art for this game that just doesn't flow.

The most appropriate side art I have found so far for the Premium is here:

https://wizardmod.com/collections/wizblades-pinball-blades/products/star-wars-stern-pinball-wizblades

Happy hunting!

2 months later
#43 2 years ago

Does anyone have a pic of their SW with these wiz blades actually installed? If so please post a pic or two. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-side-rails and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.