• 31 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by ALY
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello,

Recently updated my Star Wars LE with Code V1.21 and am now seeing random game resets every couple games. The game never reset prior to this latest update. It only seems to reset when the game is actively being played. It’s not isolated to a specific mech, mode or switch its very sporadic.

Has anyone else seen this with the latest code? Might not be code related, but this is when I started seeing it.

I did see this called out in the read me and not sure if its related “Fix game reboot issue at power with the coin door interlock switch in the open pos”

Open to suggestions and items to try out.

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

I do occasionally see random reboots on our sw:prem on location, never seen it reboot during a game though so haven't really looked into it

#3 1 year ago

Yes that has been happening to me since the update. 4 times in 20 plays. No specific reason, and in the middle of play.

#4 1 year ago

Message Dwight Xaqery and send an email to Stern.

#5 1 year ago
#6 1 year ago

I have no resets on mine (just another data point).

Maybe remove and reinstall the SD card on the cpu board to make sure it has a good connection?

#7 1 year ago

My Deadpool started doing it after the last update.

#8 1 year ago

My avengers too....

#10 1 year ago

We have Beatles Gold, Munsters Premium, BKSOR Premium, Ghostbusters Pro, and Iron Maiden Pro all updated full/verify with the new code.

Have heard reports (and witnessed one myself) that all have spontaneously rebooted mid-game since the code updates.

Will kick the tires a bit more today…

2 weeks later
#11 1 year ago

I just bought a Star Wars Pro. I’m the 3rd owner HUO. Got it home and it was working fine on the old software. Did the update and now it’s having this reboot issue. It is totally random. Happens in the middle of a game, right after the start, anywhere in between. This is my first machine so I am a novice in the fixing department. Is this something that Stern will address or am I going to have to figure it out myself?
If anyone has a fix please post it in detail.

Thanks.

#12 1 year ago

Another question - is it possible to go back to the previous software? I’m not seeing that in the Stern updates.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Sockmonkee38:

Another question - is it possible to go back to the previous software? I’m not seeing that in the Stern updates.

Welcome to the club!

A couple things to try:

1) You can reseat the SD card on the main cpu board in the backbox. This might not change anything but is worth a try.
2) you can download the firmware again and try updating the game again to see if that helps.
3) yes, you can install old version if you have the file. I save all the prior versions in a folder on my PC just for that reason.

#14 1 year ago

We reverted the code back one version on all of our games (except Ghostbusters - Spike 1 appears not to have been affected). All rebooting issues resolved.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

We reverted the code back one version on all of our games (except Ghostbusters - Spike 1 appears not to have been affected). All rebooting issues resolved.

Do you know where I can get the previous version? Its not on the Stern site.

#16 1 year ago

Email Stern. They will send you a link.

#17 1 year ago

Since I reverted back to the old firmware, I have no issues with rebooting. I wish Stern would fix the code.

#18 1 year ago

Someone mentioned if you update to the newest code you must be connected to insider connect or else it may reboot at random.

#21 1 year ago

1.22 did not fix the bug, my SW Prem is 3 weeks old and is still ending balls mid game; goes to bonus collect and onto next ball. Stern's QR Reader mod is trash, if it makes the game buggy and ulitimately down, then its not worth the beneft they think it is. Im going to unplug my reader and will report back if that resolves this bug.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from MitchMitchell:

1.22 did not fix the bug, my SW Prem is 3 weeks old and is still ending balls mid game; goes to bonus collect and onto next ball. Stern's QR Reader mod is trash, if it makes the game buggy and ulitimately down, then its not worth the beneft they think it is. Im going to unplug my reader and will report back if that resolves this bug.

Confirmed, unplugged my QR Reader while the pin was off, had a party today and 30 credits not a single instance of the reset/ball ending bug.

#23 1 year ago

Incredible critical failure tonight on SW Prem, I thought unplugging the QR reader was the solution but that is not the case. Crashed mid ball and 20 inserts shut off. On the next ball I shot 1 of the dark inserts (left orbit) and it just ended my game. I filmed it all actually, and will post a link after I get it online. After power cycle my inserts came back and the game played 1 credit normally. Im currently seeking code 1.10 to anyone who has it, my game shipped with 1.21 sadly.

3 weeks later
#24 1 year ago

I'm holding off on updating the code until they fix the resetting issue. I don't have Insider Connected on my Deadpool Pro, so I think that might be part of the problem with the new code.

1 week later
#25 1 year ago

I have owned a Stern Family Guy since new. Recently, whenever I turn off the machine all settings return to factory default-high scores disappear, free play goes away, etc. Could you please advise any suggestions to fix? Thank you.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Floert:

I have owned a Stern Family Guy since new. Recently, whenever I turn off the machine all settings return to factory default-high scores disappear, free play goes away, etc. Could you please advise any suggestions to fix? Thank you.

Replace the battery on the CPU board in the backbox. Is most likely dead.

#27 1 year ago

Paul, thanks so much for the suggestion. Could you please point me in the right direction of where to obtain a replacement battery? Thank you, Robert

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Floert:

Paul, thanks so much for the suggestion. Could you please point me in the right direction of where to obtain a replacement battery? Thank you, Robert

You need a CR2430 battery. You can find them on Amazon or your local Walgreens or battery store should have one. Here's an example: https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=CR2430

#29 1 year ago

Snakesnsparklers, thank you for the reply. Once I opened the panel, I felt silly for asking. Thanks to all for the assistance.

10 months later
#30 10 months ago

Anyone seeing this rebooting in a while?

I have a JP Pro on a location and ever since the newest code, it randomly reboots. It does not have IC yet, but I noted that barakandl stated in this thread that non-IC machines might have been affected. Unrelated to this, I definitely have a kit coming to put IC in.

3 months later
#31 6 months ago

New Deadpool, out of the box, version 1.09.0 has some reboot issues.
Mostly I think when the coin door is open. Just screen freezes for a couple of seconds and it reboots. No reason given.
Anyone knows what might be the cause?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 21.50
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

5,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.