You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sw-ac-dc (resized).png
EFDF12EE-94EC-40D9-911E-938004F0414E (resized).jpeg
oldman (resized).jpg
C69EEADC-4C5D-42AE-B472-2957F3C8BF20 (resized).jpeg

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

Define value? Magnets and Mechs. Most of the time for me they just slow things down.
To each his own.

Exactly what I’m saying. To each his own. I want the magnets and mechs. Some guys don’t. To me the pro doesn’t offer the value because of the lack of. To some guys they don’t care. The pro even removed the static falcon. I mean it’s literally bare. Still fun to shoot and hear the sounds, see the clips, but it’s all asset based. Again, which is fine for some guys. This is still the best sw game available, but a theme like this shouldn’t be so low in rankings and reviews, and could have been so much more.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No misunderstanding. I don't agree with that.

Define value? Magnets and Mechs. Most of the time for me they just slow things down.
To each his own.

Exactly what I’m saying. To each his own. I want the magnets and mechs. Some guys don’t. To me the pro doesn’t offer the value because of the lack of. To some guys they don’t care. The pro even removed the static falcon. I mean it’s literally bare. Still fun to shoot and hear the sounds, see the clips, but it’s all asset based. Again, which is fine for some guys. This is still the best sw game available, but a theme like this shouldn’t be so low in rankings and reviews, and could have been so much more.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I think I was pretty clear stating the game is still fun. Let’s ask you this. What would you say on the pro makes the game not about just the code/assets but rather play on the play field?

layout, flow, multipliers, tie fighter target/center mash button. hyperloop, great spinner shot. And u should never answer as question with a question.

U know I get it with magnets simulating the force and maybe some nice molded toys and a few good mechs, but its not there and its damn fun. If all that stuff is stopping u from buying it but its fun to play then what else is there to say. This a common problem with collectors, I'm a player, if it plays well and I'm having a good time then its worth it. There isn't a pin that I couldn't expect more from. Anyway now this is boring me. Good day sir.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

but a theme like this shouldn’t be so low in rankings and reviews,

Who gives a fuck about that. U see a lot of pinsider's seem to base the value on how other's perceive it and the BOM. Ok now I'm done.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

layout, flow, multipliers, tie fighter target/center mash button. hyperloop, great spinner shot. And u should never answer as question with a question.
U know I get it with magnets simulating the force and maybe some nice molded toys and a few good mechs, but its not there and its damn fun. If all that stuff is stopping u from buying it but its fun to play then what else is there to say. This a common problem with collectors, I'm a player, if it plays well and I'm having a good time then its worth it. There isn't a pin that I couldn't expect more from. Anyway now this is boring me. Good day sir.

I agree with you if it’s fun to just go with it. Again the game is fun, just a let down. Everything you mentioned for theme integration on the play field is common on every machine. Ramps, orbits, spinners, buttons, loops. Really? That’s you’re theme integration. Yeah, we got a tie fighter on a spring. I guess that makes it Star Wars under glass now.

I agree, we can be done with this. It has gotten stale. I respect your opinion and agree it’s still fun. Hopefully you can respect an opinion that the game was a let down for many.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Who gives a fuck about that. U see a lot of pinsider's seem to base the value on how other's perceive it and the BOM. Ok now I'm done.

I don’t base my opinions on the rankings either, obviously I own and love my hobbit. That said rankings do represent the average opinions and many, many reviews on the pro match what my complaints are. Does it really matter? Nope. Now I’m done too.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

obviously I own and love my hobbit.

U do?
Just kidding.

#108 3 years ago

Out of 22 pinball machines, His newest one is from 1986... Some people are not good with change? ‍♂️ Just stick with what you know.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Some people are not good with change?

That and they can't handle the speed.

#110 3 years ago

I think the game is total utter garbage, was glad to kick mine out of my collection.

#111 3 years ago

I fall in the bucket of those that disliked the game when it came out in 2017 (played the Pro at my local distro). However, I saw the light side of the FORCE in 2019 when I gave this game (Premium) another chance. I was so amazed with my 180 degree on this game, I actually wrote about it:

http://www.ausretrogamer.com/star-wars-comic-art-pinball-may-the-force-be-with-you/

Remember what Yoda once said, “Disappointment is the path to the dark side. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Welllll, he didn’t say that exactly, but you get my drift

#112 3 years ago

Don’t even get me start of BKSOR!

BKSOR premium was my first NIB pin and I love it and so does the wife and kids. To each their own. I am a huge fan since 1977;or was before Disney destroyed Star Wars, I did not like SW pro nor did my wife or kids. Did not give me the one more game feel. That’s just me and my opinion.

#113 3 years ago

Game is terrible.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

I fall in the bucket of those that disliked the game when it came out in 2017 (played the Pro at my local distro). However, I saw the light side of the FORCE in 2019 when I gave this game (Premium) another chance. I was so amazed with my 180 degree on this game, I actually wrote about it:
http://www.ausretrogamer.com/star-wars-comic-art-pinball-may-the-force-be-with-you/
Remember what Yoda once said, “Disappointment is the path to the dark side. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Welllll, he didn’t say that exactly, but you get my drift

ausretrogamer:

I enjoyed the read. Now only to find a premium (comic art or not) on location somewhere to do a fair comparison. Everthing is pro or nutin.....

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

ausretrogamer:
I enjoyed the read. Now only to find a premium (comic art or not) on location somewhere to do a fair comparison. Everthing is pro or nutin.....

My recommendation for people who truly want to learn SW:

+ Don’t stack modes
+ when selecting a mode, look at the inserts on the playfield, not the display.
+ pick a character and stick to them for your first 10 or so games. If you don’t like the video mode, then avoid Han and Leia.
+ pick a planet and stick to those modes only until you understand them. Then try another planet and modes.
+ put your multipliers on Death Star/Hoth/Endor and leave them there forever, or until you’re ready to take the game to the next level

My recommendation. Pick Luke, and focus either on the Endor planet or Death Star planet modes.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Your first point here is a good one, but I'm not getting the "poor design" thing about the loop. People were complaining about the fork ramp, but like many modern Sterns, it requires a clean shot to get it to lock or activate (like JP, Sth, and I'm sure others that I don't own). Some people blame the game when it's a lack of skill that's the problem.

My new favorite is the left outlane is a poor design on TMNT because it drains out there too much. Haha

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#117 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My recommendation for people who truly want to learn SW:
+ Don’t stack modes
+ when selecting a mode, look at the inserts on the playfield, not the display.
+ pick a character and stick to them for your first 10 or so games. If you don’t like the video mode, then avoid Han and Leia.
+ pick a planet and stick to those modes only until you understand them. Then try another planet and modes.
+ put your multipliers on Death Star/Hoth/Endor and leave them there forever, or until you’re ready to take the game to the next level
My recommendation. Pick Luke, and focus either on the Endor planet or Death Star planet modes.

I agree no stacking modes.

I’ve been playing R2D2 working on Death Star modes.

I love that each character has their own paths in a sense.

#118 3 years ago

A little tid bit that some might not know. Most know that each character has certain modes that are spotted for them. That’s not random. It’s all the scenes that they aren’t a part of in the movies. Pretty cool attention to detail there.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A little tid bit that some might not know. Most know that each character has certain modes that are spotted for them. That’s not random. It’s all the scenes that they aren’t a part of in the movies. Pretty cool attention to detail there.

People that rag on this game haven't really put the time in to notice stuff like that, sadly.

#120 3 years ago

Great story much like me I didn’t like it much at first bought a AFM LE so I passed on SW and didn’t think about it much until the comic art and I’m sure code was much improved by now. What a great game (premium with hyper loop) but imo the pro is still great I’d buy it if the premium wasn’t an option. Also I think the comic pro is one of the best looking cabinets of all time.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Out of 22 pinball machines, His newest one is from 1986... Some people are not good with change? ‍♂️ Just stick with what you know.

Haha..

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Game is terrible.

Play better..

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

People that rag on this game haven't really put the time in to notice stuff like that, sadly.

Yah my personal experience with the game is anyone I know who "hates it" has no idea how to play it.

Only takes a minute of asking them questions about it to realize they dont even know whats going on.

This is the problem with opinions and ratings on here... someone plays two games with no clue whats going on and says it "sucks".

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

ausretrogamer:

Glad you enjoyed the read. I am just glad my brother in law bought one, otherwise I still would have avoided playing SW. I haven’t played the Pro in a while, but I do think the hyperspace loop and Death Star fork just add the extra something I can’t put my finger on it. I do hope you find a Prem or LE somewhere to play in your travels - it is worth giving it a shot.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great story much like me I didn’t like it much at first bought a AFM LE so I passed on SW and didn’t think about it much until the comic art and I’m sure code was much improved by now. What a great game (premium with hyper loop) but imo the pro is still great I’d buy it if the premium wasn’t an option. Also I think the comic pro is one of the best looking cabinets of all time.

That is unbelievable (our stories being so similar)! Absolutely love our SW Prem Comic art - it looks amazing. The Comic Art Pro looks brilliant too.
I’ll be honest, our AFMR LE is the least played game in our small collection. I am now contemplating selling it to get a DI LE (or am I crazy?).

#126 3 years ago

That is unbelievable (our stories being so similar)! Absolutely love our SW Prem Comic art - it looks amazing. The Comic Art Pro looks brilliant too.
I’ll be honest, our AFMR LE is the least played game in our small collection. I am now contemplating selling it to get a DI LE (or am I crazy?).

I love DI so much, it’s got a lot of humor like AFM, but a lot more in the way of toys and we love the selfie camera. Great for parties. I highly recommend DI.

I still love AFM too but it’s my only old game but I appreciate how the remake has brought it up to more modern levels with the larger display and lights.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love DI so much, it’s got a lot of humor like AFM, but a lot more in the way of toys and we love the selfie camera. Great for parties. I highly recommend DI.
I still love AFM too but it’s my only old game but I appreciate how the remake has brought it up to more modern levels with the larger display and lights.

Just what I needed to hear, thank you. I think we (myself & family) now need DI in our lives

#128 3 years ago

If Stern came out with the comic art originally, I think the game would of been better received. I had a bad opinion of the game until I actually played it a few times.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If Stern came out with the comic art originally, I think the game would of been better received...

It would be a little higher, but the asset-hats would have still killed it

#130 3 years ago

I dont want to it´s souless and boring.
It´s like when you open a book and decide after only a few pages that it´s not for me.

#131 3 years ago

The perception of different pins are truuly puzzling.
I just love afmr, but i didnt get anything from dialed in. The theme and what you are supposed to do in it doesnt grab me one bit.

1 week later
#132 3 years ago

Stern BK and SW pro's may not be packed full with toy and I would not want them as my only games in a collection but they are both very good games

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m actually more of a fan of my stern Star Wars since a generous pinsider shared with me the original music/score code and I hooked up an External woofer sounds amazing and adds to the modes

Where might I find this pinsider?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 26.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
Other
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-pro-insulting-/page/3?hl=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.