• Leia 2 votes
    6%
  • R2-D2 8 votes
    26%
  • Luke 6 votes
    19%

(31 votes)

#1 3 years ago

There are many strategies for picking a particular character. Out of the 4 characters available to play, who do you prefer to use and why?

If I had to pick one, I'd go with Han simply for the modes completed. Just curious what the other opinions are.

#2 3 years ago

R2...need them multipliers!

#3 3 years ago

r2 Should be the best.....But for whatever reason my high scores are with leia or Han. I love this game btw. I have a comic premium and its staying forever. Dream theme and I LOVE the modes.

#4 3 years ago

Tough call. I bounce between them and enjoy them all for different reasons. Han is great for a quick path to two of the planet multiballs. R2 for multiplier fun. Luke has a couple super awesome unique modes. Leia...well I'm not sure her advantage off the top of my head, but I did beat the Emperor with her the other night. I also love how the callouts, ball save videos, etc change depending on your choice. Just awesome programming. Dwight is by far my favorite programmer. GoT is my all time favorite code, but SW is pretty close behind. Can't wait to get my hands on a TMNT and it seems cut from the same cloth!

#5 3 years ago

I seem to have my best scores with Han (6.3 bil PB so far), maybe those have just been by chance though. Gotta go with Han anyway though.

Btw, with Luke I believe one of the rulesheets I've read mentions Luke getting an add-a-ball ability once a ball. How does one lite and use this? The only add-a-ball I've found is just the standard available by hitting the Force targets during a MB. Is it just that it is easier to lite with Luke - so far it's felt that may be the case?

#6 3 years ago

For huge scores you need R2-D2. Han is good for consistent high scores.

#7 3 years ago

I'm a Han guy. I like going into multiballs quickly.

#8 3 years ago

My best score is with Luke, but I like playing with all of them.

Wish Chewie was a playable character. Anybody know why he wasn’t chosen?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

My best score is with Luke, but I like playing with all of them.
Wish Chewie was a playable character. Anybody know why he wasn’t chosen?

Not sure why Chewie wasn't an option, I'm guessing adding selectable characters is too much for a code update. I would be great if that could be done.
We recently picked one up because my 8-year old kept asking for Star Wars. TBH, my first impressions looking at the playfield, it's pretty average. But then the code.....I never realized the coding for this game is sooooo good, it totally makes the game. Loving it so far.

#10 3 years ago

Han definitely, more consistent and easier to chain the multiballs together and then go into the next big mode with post multiball multipliers that are set high . Ooh... and choose bonus held as much as you can for BIG bonus scores.

#11 3 years ago

While Chewie would be a cool addition, I think it would have been difficult to make him unique from Han since they were almost always together. Part of the fun of the different characters in the game is that their required modes relate to scenes which they were in in the movies. Not sure how you'd separate Han and Chewie.

#12 3 years ago

I’d rather them add Vader or Palpatine as a selectable character and play something from the dark side. Not realistic though as there are no inserts for such.

I’m just hoping for another update with some more variety to the ball drain video and dialogue maybe stuff unique to who your playing and some other good quotes from movies that are applicable.

#13 3 years ago

The character I select depends on what my goals are. If I want to just get the biggest score I can, I'll be R2. His multipliers are wider and you only need to finish two modes to get into the Death Star and Endor multi-balls, which are huge. But with R2 it is VERY hard to beat the Emperor, as it is MUCH harder to get to Jedi Master because R2 doesn't have Jedi Training available as a plunge award.

If you want to beat the game, you need to be Luke or Leia.

#14 3 years ago

so far I'm most surprised Leia only has one vote

#15 3 years ago

Luke is my favorite. It makes the game really feel like an adventure. Plus, 1 billion light saber duels are sexy!

The poll results are right in line with the #1 complaint on this game...too many video modes. Well, stop playing Han! Haha. I hardly ever see the video mode as Luke.

3 months later
#16 3 years ago

I just started using Luke, best results so far. New GC at 7B+. Boba Fett mission away from final

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 21.50
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-preferred-character?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.