(162 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SW Pro Translite (resized).jpg
504421_sm-Custom, Fantasy Flight, Miniatures Game, X-Wing (resized).JPG
swm11_plastic_1024x1024 (resized).png
33925_500x400 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Ok, less then 24 hours after Stern changed their Facebook banner to the Star Wars logo and posted a quick clip on the Star Wars Show showing off their new pin we've seen some mixed reactions to the photos.

Out of curiosity, (and as a huge Star Wars fan myself) I'd like to guage the overall reaction to the release. I know some people will inevitably prefer one of the three variants over the others, but I'm curious to see how you think the set of them as a whole stacks up to what you expected, and even to other offerings out there.

Keep in mind, yes, we havn't seen gameplay yet, its pretty much just the theme and playfield we're looking at, but thats the point: Thus far what do you think? Please select one of the 4 options in the poll.

#2 6 years ago

10 k by xmas

#3 6 years ago

LE on order....
Art is a let down, but speed and flow looks to be the focus here.
Could be some under playfield magic which we can't see yet.. will wait for the specs and gameplay video.

The Animations/clips will be awesome

Already looking for small mods, like AT-AT to go on the playfield

#4 6 years ago

As much as I'm not a fan of what appears to be the feature matrix on the Pro and general art direction, I'm even less a fan of polls where 3 out of the 4 entries are between "meh" and outrage.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

As much as I'm not a fan of what appears to be the feature matrix on the Pro and general art direction, I'm even less a fan of polls where 3 out of the 4 entries are between "meh" and outrage.

Just to be clear, I chose those poll answers to be Positive Specific, Positive General, Negative General, and Negative Specific. Im interested in both the two extremes and which way the mediocre lands. I personally wouldn't interpret "meh" as a negative, but as something that "waters down" the positive of "good" to be more neutral, but still positive.

#6 6 years ago

I think the game will look much better in person. I thought Star trek looked terrible when they showed the pf initially, but in practice with the inserts going nuts I think Star Trek looks fantastic.

And GoT I think looked completely fucking terrible, but similarly when I saw it in person, felt the flow, saw the inserts going, it didn't bother me at all.

I feel like this game will still look really cool in person. The only thing I can't get over is that habitrail in front of the flippers, I need to see that in person to decide how much it would bother me. I am probably a pass on this, I was really hoping for one based on the new movies, since I have my Star wars DE for the old ones.

-ben

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

I think the game will look much better in person.

The playfield seems to be what everyone is complaining about, and judging from the Facebook pic with SR next to it, it looks a lot different in the cabinet than top down.

Personally, I think the cabinet art and translites are all pretty awesome.

#8 6 years ago

Ideally some of the figures from fantasyflightgames.com would work well for mods. The Tantive IV corvette and the Armada ISS would probably fit well along what looks to be the same falcon from the game. They are meant to hold up to some punishment, already have mounting points on the bottom and are a decent scale to fit. Maybe even a few fighters or a shuttle.

33925_500x400 (resized).jpg33925_500x400 (resized).jpg

swm11_plastic_1024x1024 (resized).pngswm11_plastic_1024x1024 (resized).png

504421_sm-Custom, Fantasy Flight, Miniatures Game, X-Wing (resized).JPG504421_sm-Custom, Fantasy Flight, Miniatures Game, X-Wing (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago

The game will be ripe for modding.

#10 6 years ago

My poll choice is not up there. I can't choose "Shut up and take my money!" because I can wait a year or so for the problems to be worked out and code to update. I can't choose "Meh" because my feelings about the game are WAY more positive than that.

I couldn't be more pleased with the translite art on the pro. For me, they nailed it.

SW Pro Translite (resized).jpgSW Pro Translite (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

Poll is premature.

Ask us in a week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-post-announcement-pre-gameplay-poll?hl=chancekj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.