IMG_5698 (resized).JPG
IMG_5697 (resized).JPG
IMG_5611 (resized).PNG
IMG_5512 (resized).JPG
IMG_5511 (resized).PNG
IMG_5509 (resized).PNG
IMG_5510 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Star Wars was meant to have a lockdown fire button plate but was removed for cost reasons.

In keeping with the tradition of Steve Ritchie's last few games, this is what I've come up with and will be going to the laser shop the end of this week. All of Steve's games have a laser cut fire button plate unlike the other ones by other designers that were silkscreened.

Once I get a price estimate down I'll update this thread but I'm taking preliminary orders on this.

I wanted to come up with something where the player and the user could walk up to the game and immediately look at that and know what to do or what it's used for. Specifically you are firing at Tie Fighters during that mode and during the video mode you're using it to speed up your Millennium Falcon.

Plate will be brushed stainless steel laser cut with high-quality 3M adhesive peel and stick on the back easy installation.

PM for interest and to order.
Thanks

Update: Introductory price is $40 US that includes shipping and a bubble mailer and 3M tape adhesive. After Jan 5th price is $45 post paid.

These will be ready to ship first week of January. if somebody outside the US wants to purchase one just contact me and I'll get a shipping quote.
I of course will post a few pictures when they get completed on my game as an example.

IMG_5510 (resized).JPGIMG_5510 (resized).JPG

IMG_5509 (resized).PNGIMG_5509 (resized).PNG
IMG_5511 (resized).PNGIMG_5511 (resized).PNG

IMG_5512 (resized).JPGIMG_5512 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Interested for sure! Thanks MnPin (the insider)!

#3 6 years ago

Like it!! Count me in.

#4 6 years ago

Looks great. I'm interested. Maybe reverse the Falcon image so it's flying in toward the middle?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Looks great. I'm interested. Maybe reverse the Falcon image so it's flying in toward the middle?

I've had three revisions on this already and the image posted at the top is the final. And with Steve's conversation privately I'm sticking with what I have offered here.

The falcon pointed in the other direction just didn't look right on the overall image on the plate, I tried it. Actually looks like a chase this way so I do like it anyway.

#6 6 years ago

Would be interested depending on price. Looks good

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I've had three revisions on this already and the image posted at the top is the final. And with Steve's conversation privately I'm sticking with what I have offered here.

Friggin Disney.
Nice work!

#8 6 years ago

Count me in as well. Looks great!

#9 6 years ago

I'm interested.

#10 6 years ago

I would advise a little more space between edge of cutout. Otherwise sweet. I was waiting for stern to step up to the plate on this.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I would advise a little more space between edge of cutout. Otherwise sweet. I was waiting for stern to step up to the plate on this.

Cutouts are pretty close to the edge. Just make sure you check a first article sample and confirm it doesn't bend/deform too easily and looks good.

#12 6 years ago

Im down

#13 6 years ago

Count me in

#14 6 years ago

Interested depending on price. Any way to have some cut with rivet holes like the factory ones? As an operator I don't want it to be stolen. Keep us posted.

#15 6 years ago

I'm in for one.

#16 6 years ago

Count me in for one.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Star Wars was meant to have a lockdown fire button plate but was removed for cost reasons

Dang, now that is some serious F'n cost cutting!

#18 6 years ago

PM sent. Absolutely beautiful!! One of the most needed mods in this game.

#19 6 years ago

Interested depending on price.

#20 6 years ago

Thank you. Just paid for... Looking forward to receiving this much needed mod. If the quality is good this will sell extremely well. We need more people like you out there trying to make pinball better. Keep up the good work.

Thanks again.
Jonathan
Amusement Services of America

#21 6 years ago

Select and Action with some light sabers would be simple enough and yet cover the broad range of uses of the button.

#22 6 years ago

I'm interested too

#23 6 years ago

Nice work Jason. Cramer needs one of these on his SW Premium.

#24 6 years ago

These are hitting laser this week.
Was tough to get everything lined up for the holiday week.

#25 6 years ago

Giving a price break for the people that pre-ordered $40 postpaid delivered.

After January 5th product in hand they will be $45 postpaid.

Again, laser cut high quality 16g brushed stainless steel.
P.m. me inbox for an order.
Thank you
-Jason

IMG_5611 (resized).PNGIMG_5611 (resized).PNG

#26 6 years ago

Any chance to do a Death Star theme with “You may fire when ready” under the button? Give it an actual SW quote and reference to the button?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Any chance to do a Death Star theme with “You may fire when ready” under the button? Give it an actual SW quote and reference to the button?

No, already at laser getting cut.

#28 6 years ago

lol... well poop. This is strike two on me catching one of these quick enough. Good luck sir!

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

lol... well poop. This is strike two on me catching one of these quick enough. Good luck sir!

I made extra, you are good. PM me.

#30 6 years ago

Thank you bud! I meant early enough in the design phase. I’d like to get a plate for this, but want it to look a certain way. But thank you for looking after me

1 week later
#31 6 years ago

How are these coming along

#32 6 years ago

Can't wait to see the result on the lockdown bar

#33 6 years ago

Really happy with the final result in how these turned out they will start shipping on Tuesday the 9t. I have more available if anyone would like to purchase one just send me a message.

IMG_5697 (resized).JPGIMG_5697 (resized).JPG

IMG_5698 (resized).JPGIMG_5698 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#34 6 years ago

Thanks for this great product, it look much better in person than the pictures.
It really give a premium look to the lockdown bar and the machine overall.

IMG_6301 (resized).JPGIMG_6301 (resized).JPG

IMG_6303 (resized).JPGIMG_6303 (resized).JPG

#35 6 years ago

I have one of these brand new never used 30$ shipped just pm me

#36 6 years ago

Yeah the lighting isn't so great but here's a few other new pictures. I still have some available.

IMG_5935 (resized).JPGIMG_5935 (resized).JPG

IMG_5934 (resized).JPGIMG_5934 (resized).JPG

#37 6 years ago

Don't have any installed pics yet, but my plate arrived this week and just wanted to say that it looks great, and that it arrived very well packaged which I appreciated.

1 week later
#38 6 years ago
Quoted from swajames:

Don't have any installed pics yet, but my plate arrived this week and just wanted to say that it looks great, and that it arrived very well packaged which I appreciated.

Thanks !

#39 6 years ago

I still have more available, shipping worldwide.

Message me for the details.

1 year later
#40 4 years ago

Bump, still available.

3 years later
#41 11 months ago

Those plates are very cool. I'm in need of a photo from anyone who has a fire button machine, from inside the cabinet, so i can see how the switch plates, and led board are mounted. Can anyone help with that? Thanks in advance!

#42 11 months ago
Quoted from Thogar480:

Those plates are very cool. I'm in need of a photo from anyone who has a fire button machine, from inside the cabinet, so i can see how the switch plates, and led board are mounted. Can anyone help with that? Thanks in advance!

You actually don't need a photo. The fire button is stock and doesn't need to be removed or replaced. The fire plate adheres to your lockdown bar and goes around the fire button. You literally remove the adhesive backing from the plate and stick it to your lockdown bar. Done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-lockdown-bar-fire-button-plate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.