Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mschonbrun
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

217B17E7-F2F2-4C16-9A66-35B1D5209308 (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

Hi guys, my star wars LE freezes while in gameplay.
While playing, all of a sudden it ignorers all shots/switches, also when ball drains, music just keeps on playing and all of a sudden it works again and counts bonus and so on.

Now stern did send me a new cpu board asap, nice but same shit did happen again today.

Anyone else experiencing same problem? Have a solution for it?

Both boards running on 0.89.

#2 2 years ago

The time difference is still before STERN closes . I would call and get Pat Powers on the phone and explain that the board cpu swap had no effect . I hope you get it resolved. Sorry I have no input that can help you.

#4 2 years ago

Thanks. Im in direct dialog with stern now, great service until now.
Sent then videoes. Will update here when we solve it.

Also another thing, while playing, music stops playing, all soundeffects are there but no music. Anyone experienced the same?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Thanks. Im in direct dialog with stern now, great service until now.
Sent then videoes. Will update here when we solve it.
Also another thing, while playing, music stops playing, all soundeffects are there but no music. Anyone experienced the same?

I played one on route where when I was ready to start a mode, but hit the orbit, everything went dead and the screen showed me the mode select. I tried to quickly select and get through the video sequence to regain power to the flippers, but since the pops were dead they couldn't keep the ball up there and the ball drained too quick to do anything.

This actually happened twice over the course of the afternoon.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I played one on route where when I was ready to start a mode, but hit the orbit, everything went dead and the screen showed me the mode select. I tried to quickly select and get through the video sequence to regain power to the flippers, but since the pops were dead they couldn't keep the ball up there and the ball drained too quick to do anything.
This actually happened twice over the course of the afternoon.

Damn. Maby spike system is known to be unstable?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

While playing, all of a sudden it ignorers all shots/switches, also when ball drains, music just keeps on playing and all of a sudden it works again and counts bonus and so on.

this happens on my premium too. i think its a bug in the code. i just laugh when it happens, and will wait for the next code update.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

this happens on my premium too. i think its a bug in the code. i just laugh when it happens, and will wait for the next code update.

Your wait is over, new code was just released.

#9 2 years ago

Yep looking forward to try it tomorrow, good night from Denmark

#10 2 years ago

Stern Pinball has posted Star Wars code version 0.91.0 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

This code contains two new dynamic modes: "Lightsaber Duel” and "Navigate the Asteroid Field.”

The code update also contains fixes and adjustments.

Additional details can be found in the read me file.

Pro – v0.91.0:
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-co…/game-code-star-wars-pro

Premium - v0.91.0
http://www.sternpinball.com/gam…/game-code-star-wars-premium

Limited Edition - v0.91.0
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-star-wars-le

This update and read me files can be found on our website www.sternpinball.com in the game code library.

#11 2 years ago

How's the new code?

#12 2 years ago

Dammit!! .89 did fit on my 4gb usb stick 0.91 doesent!!

#13 2 years ago

Ah nice, found a 64gb laying around. Will get back after the update!

217B17E7-F2F2-4C16-9A66-35B1D5209308 (resized).jpeg

#14 2 years ago

Short test. I love everything about vader and hate yoda. After the fight on Hoth when Luke visits yoda the movies paste goes down and gets so fu..... borring!

Oh well light saber duel is awesome, darth on the screen with a lightsaber it sweeeeeat.

Clicking on both flipperbuttons makes yoda shut up and just gives you the bonus. THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVEr. Thank you Mr. DS.
You are wreckless, oh shut up allready.

Allready awesome lightshow is better now.

Xwing sounds when shooting ties are also awesome. If was a meeh feeling before, now i really enjoy blasting them

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Short test. I love everything about vader and hate yoda. After the fight on Hoth when Luke visits yoda the movies paste goes down and gets so fu..... borring!
Oh well light saber duel is awesome, darth on the screen with a lightsaber it sweeeeeat.
Clicking on both flipperbuttons makes yoda shut up and just gives you the bonus. THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVEr. Thank you Mr. DS.
You are wreckless, oh shut up allready.
Allready awesome lightshow is better now.
Xwing sounds when shooting ties are also awesome. If was a meeh feeling before, now i really enjoy blasting them

Did the update fix the problems that you were having?

#16 2 years ago

Only playes for short time. But it would be great.

But when shooting the left side of the horse shue shot (Hoth) i HATE that the hyperdrive lane ramp doesn’t go down fast enough, that the ball smachs into the backside of the ramp. That hard metal clonk sound!!!!!

I hope they can fix it so the motor can drive faster down and make a clear loop. Not a clonk. Wait. Ruin flow. Ramp down. Ball common down realllly slow. Bullshit design.

#17 2 years ago

Still not tested my sw today but there is another update allready? Whats the fix?

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Only playes for short time. But it would be great.
But when shooting the left side of the horse shue shot (Hoth) i HATE that the hyperdrive lane ramp doesn’t go down fast enough, that the ball smachs into the backside of the ramp. That hard metal clonk sound!!!!!
I hope they can fix it so the motor can drive faster down and make a clear loop. Not a clonk. Wait. Ruin flow. Ramp down. Ball common down realllly slow. Bullshit design.

I doubt they're going to be able to change how this works, just can't see the ramp dropping that quickly. I do think they sped up how quickly the ramp drops to release the ball though, right?

#19 2 years ago

That ramp issue doesn't bother me...it's worth it to have the death star ramp there, and it's not up all the time.

The only problem with my SWLE is that I don't have enough time to play it.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That ramp issue doesn't bother me...it's worth it to have the death star ramp there, and it's not up all the time.
The only problem with my SWLE is that I don't have enough time to play it.

Now that they shut up Yoda for you, Stern's got you back in their pocket!

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Now that they shut up Yoda for you, Stern's got you back in their pocket!

Naw, that's not me stuffed in there...it's just all my money.

#22 2 years ago

Code .92. Played a couple great games and my fork ramp is stuck up. Power cycle did nothing. In service menu I test the ramp and nothing. I try to switched between 55, 56, 57 and all times I try it "failed". Lifted the playfield and connections look ok...any ideas.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Code .92. Played a couple great games and my fork ramp is stuck up. Power cycle did nothing. In service menu I test the ramp and nothing. I try to switched between 55, 56, 57 and all times I try it "failed". Lifted the playfield and connections look ok...any ideas.

Man, that stinks... we played about 10 games or so last night on .92 without any issues. I don't know if this is possible but can you reload .91 or even load .92 again to see if it clears the error?

#24 2 years ago

I think the motor died...so weird. Everything else works perfect. All connections are good, I can move the motor manually, and there are no technician alerts. Unless the 4.14 motor driver board 9D has a problem (although other things connected to it are fine), it's got to be the ramps motor. Bummer

#25 2 years ago

That really sucks. I still havent had time on my sw. Not before thuesday

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yikes. Thank is a drag.

1 week later
#27 2 years ago

I try to download the new code, and all it does is open up a new web page. Doesn't download anything. Anyone else have that issue? I'm on a Mac.

#28 2 years ago

I'm having a huge problem with my LE.

I can't stop playing it.

Quoted from jdpilot:

I try to download the new code, and all it does is open up a new web page. Doesn't download anything. Anyone else have that issue? I'm on a Mac.

I just checked it...it's doing that for me, too. Send me your email address. I'll share it with you on Dropbox.

EDIT: Found it...so I have it if you want it.

#29 2 years ago

I heard that there is a problem with the new code and Stern is trying to fix it.
Could be why you can't download it.

#30 2 years ago

Thanks beelzeboob. I’m going to hold off at the moment. I just got an email today saying not to play the game with .92. Sounded kinda bad... Anyone know what’s wrong with that version? Here’s the email:

ATTENTION ALL STERN STAR WARS OWNERS:

Please be advised that Stern Pinball has recently released two (2) Star Wars software game code updates for LE and Premium models. Version 0.91.0 was released on October 5th and on October 6th Version 0.92.0 was released.

If your game currently has Version 0.91.0 or below, no action needs to be taken.

However, if your have installed Version 0.92.0 released on October 6th, DO NOT PLAY YOUR GAME WITH THIS GAME CODE!!! If Version 0.92.0 game code is installed on your machine, please contact us immediately for assistance.

#31 2 years ago

Contact who?

Who is the email from?

#32 2 years ago

My ramp is also stuck after updating to .92. They said they're sending me a new ramp, I wonder if the software screwed it up and burned it out, or if it'll work with earlier code.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

My ramp is also stuck after updating to .92. They said they're sending me a new ramp, I wonder if the software screwed it up and burned it out, or if it'll work with earlier code.

Ramp motor or power board? Whatever you get, I wouldn't install it until this is fixed. Some have, and it works for a short time and fails again.

#34 2 years ago

I'm not sure which they're sending. I'm waiting either way for the new verified code update. What a pain..

Quoted from dnapac:

Ramp motor or power board? Whatever you get, I wouldn't install it until this is fixed. Some have, and it works for a short time and fails again.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

I'm not sure which they're sending. I'm waiting either way for the new verified code update. What a pain..

The issue is people where talking about it a week ago. I cannot believe they are this late to acknowledge. I'm not sure if mine is fried or not. I played a few games and have not played again since I heard the rumblings.

2 weeks later
#36 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Contact who?
Who is the email from?

Came from where I got my LE from, Hemisphere Amusements.

#37 2 years ago

No issues with the latest v0.93 so far. That has been 2 weeks since that code was released.

#38 2 years ago

Oh cool! I need to get that then

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Oh cool! I need to get that then

Yes!! ASAP and enjoy that game! I have 65 games on my premium since the v0.93 update. I have not seen anyone with any issues on any other threads either.

#40 2 years ago

No issues with the old or current code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside