(Topic ID: 277803)

Stern Star Wars LE flipper issue

By Tomandmandy2020

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

On my Star Wars machine the right flipper seems to lose power at the end of the stroke. I've replaced the coil sleeve and coil back bracket. Now Everything seems to be tight and clean and in proper working order. But when I play the game and try to shot the left orbit or left loop the flipper is weak. If I mash the flipper button hard it will make the shot about 1/3 of the time.
    And if I try to backhand any shots the flipper seems to work fine.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Be absolutely certain the EOS switch is making good contact when the flipper is at rest. Use the switch test mode to be sure. Compare the behavior of the weak flipper EOS compared to the left flipper EOS

#3 3 years ago

Also, check how "early" in the stroke the switch opens.
    No reason not to open the switch is late as possible, as long as it does truly open.
    Bending the switch leaves with a leaf switch wrench allows you that control.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks
    I'll give it a look.

#5 3 years ago

Looks like it's a spent flipper button.
    Not making good contact.
    Gonna start there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-le-flipper-issue?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.