(Topic ID: 200562)

Stern Star Wars - greatest pinball title of all time

By Esoteric_rt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mind Bottling (resized).jpg
    Captain-Picard-Facepalm (resized).jpg
    PenguinJerk.gif
    DRACULA AD Final_092917.pdf (PDF preview)
    #1 6 years ago

Availability update just in

-----------------------------

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

For all of our customers during the last holiday season, you’ll recall the issue we ran into with inventory on our available titles.

This year, we have improved substantially on our levels of inventory leading up into the holiday season. However, as we’ve stated many times over the past month or two, please consider an order NOW for the holiday period.

We have stock on many different games, but with the demand of pinball growing even more this year, the stock is moving out the door at a rapid pace. We anticipate being sold out of most of our inventory within the next 4-6 weeks.

Note:

We are continuing to build Metallica Pro, but only have 57 left available for the rest of the year.

Spiderman Vault, a ‘Last Call’ game, is down to 7 unsold games.

We will continue to build Batman Premium, but have only 30 available to sell for the balance of the year.

We have Ghostbusters Pro and Premium available.

We have 20 Aerosmith Pros and 25 Aerosmith Premium available to ship until we are sold out for the year.

We are continuing to build ACDC Premium, but only have 63 available for the year.

We have stock of Star Wars Pro and Premium leading up to the release of the new movie, The Last Jedi. This is the greatest pinball title of all time. Don’t miss the holiday selling potential.

Regards,

John Buscaglia
    Stern Pinball, Inc.
    www.sternpinball.com

DRACULA AD Final_092917.pdfDRACULA AD Final_092917.pdf

#2 6 years ago

Marketing at it's best.

I just want to know why Gary is wearing 3D glasses.

#3 6 years ago

#4 6 years ago

I literally laughed out loud when I got that email! Stern is so dead to me right now.

#5 6 years ago

Stern really needs to start doing late night infomercials. Team up with Ronco and sell hair in a can as a package deal.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Marketing at it's best.

Hey Where's Zach?

#8 6 years ago

PenguinJerk.gifPenguinJerk.gif

Sorry, I posted that before beelzeboob chimed in. No matter what he say this fits.

#9 6 years ago

If they offer a Black Friday NIB pro for $4700 I MIGHT be in on that. Otherwise take your $5200 and shove it up your ass.

#10 6 years ago

Stern Stinks.....

#11 6 years ago

When does your Premium arrive Luke?

#12 6 years ago

Satire
    --------------

For all of our customers during the last holiday season, you’ll recall the issue we ran into with inventory on our available titles.

This year, thanks to QC and code issues, we have improved substantially on our levels of inventory leading up into the holiday season.

However, as we’ve stated many times over the past month or two, STAY TUNED.

We have stock on many different games, but with the demand of pinball growing even more this year, the stock is moving out the door at a rapid pace... for JJP, CGC & Spooky.

We anticipate being sold out of most of our inventory within the next 4-6 weeks. Mostly because we are slowing down production.

Note:
    We are continuing to build Metallica Pro, we think there are 57 people who want one.

Spiderman Vault, a ‘Last Call’ game, is down to 7 unsold games. All 7 will have ghosted inserts.

We will continue to build Batman Premium, but have only 30 available to sell for the balance of the year. The code is terrible. Maybe those 30 roll into 2018? Our new years resolution is code updates for BM66 every two weeks. For real this time.

We have Ghostbusters Pro and Premium available. But its a JT game that requires buffet sneeze guards to play worth a shit.

We have 20 Aerosmith Pros and 25 Aerosmith Premium available to ship until we are sold out for the year. Thats a legit game actually... except there's no skillshot, no smart button, no outlane sounds, imbalanced modes & the cabinets split.

We are continuing to build ACDC Premium. No idea who the fuck wants one that doesn't already own it.

We have stock of Star Wars Pro and Premium. No game has demanded this much respect since our Rolling Stones machine.

Canada, you get to pay extra.

Regards,
    Spike Reset
    Incomplete Pinball, Inc.
    http://www.wheresthecode.com

#13 6 years ago

Lol @ star wars being the greatest game of all time... Doesn't even have 1.0 code... But it's better than everything ever lol #barf

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

When does your Premium arrive Luke?

In about a month, its on the water, I'm hoping SW is the greatest pinball title of all time

#15 6 years ago

Had to downvote just because not only is Stern on thin ice. But also because of calling SW the greatest pin ever.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

In about a month, its on the water, I'm hoping SW is the greatest pinball title of all time

Sorry mate. Tron with the clear disc installed is

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Had to downvote just because not only is Stern on thin ice. But also because of calling SW the greatest pin ever.

You know it wasn't OP calling it the "greatest title", right? He's quoting the last paragraph from the Stern email.

#18 6 years ago

Pure comedy gold right here

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Lol @ star wars being the greatest game of all time... Doesn't even have 1.0 code... But it's better than everything ever lol #barf

That's not what was said. "Greatest Title" which if in reference to the brand, could be construed as fairly accurate. There aren't many licenses bigger than Star Wars.

Rob

#21 6 years ago

When Stern tries to market instead of supporting their current customers...

Captain-Picard-Facepalm (resized).jpgCaptain-Picard-Facepalm (resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

That's not what was said. "Greatest Title" which if in reference to the brand, could be construed as fairly accurate. There aren't many licenses bigger than Star Wars.
    Rob

Actually Star Wars is #5.... Worldwide Gross: $4,486,158,822

4. THE LORD OF THE RINGS
    Worldwide Gross: $5,895,819,745

3. JAMES BOND
    Worldwide Gross: $6,297,332,445

2. HARRY POTTER
    Worldwide Gross: $7,726,174,542

1. MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
    Worldwide Gross: $9,060,537,598

#23 6 years ago

This is just an email from stern sent to their distributors. You guys would find any reason to bash stern and when you can't find one you just make one up. There's actually a lot of good info in this one with exact numbers of what is left of certain titles so someone thinking about getting a MET, SMVE, or AS now knows they need to order or they might be waiting several months for stock. The SW statement is juts normal advertising that every single company does.

#24 6 years ago

"We have stock of Star Wars Pro and Premium leading up to the release of the new movie, The Last Jedi. This is the greatest pinball title of all time."

So what part of this statement are we taking out of context lol

#25 6 years ago

Statement suggests they are closing down the factory until they figure out what the !@!$%!% is going wrong.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

You know it wasn't OP calling it the "greatest title", right? He's quoting the last paragraph from the Stern email.

Thank you

#27 6 years ago

It's mind bottling that so many people missed that very key part.

Mind Bottling (resized).jpgMind Bottling (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago

JG you're right

For the record I'm a Stern fan.

But from time to time I just have to call em out on their shenanigans.

#29 6 years ago

Why isn't Star Wars on the flyer?

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Why isn't Star Wars on the flyer?

Read the email and the flyer. Your answer is right there....

#31 6 years ago

AH, I see. Because it's not limited.

I just figured you'd have the big game on there. Got to play a LE at my buddies house last weekend. Awesome game, haters be damned.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-greatest-pinball-title-of-all-time?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.