IMG_0315.GIF
umno (resized).jpg
IMG_3946 (resized).JPG
IMG_2017 (resized).JPG
76g6KQ.gif
IMG_0314.GIF
IMG_0313.GIF
20170708_171851 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

Honestly, I wish JJP would of gone after this license as IMO would have had a better chance to actually have more in it then just a pretty display.

They would have faced the exact same challenges Stern had with licensing. And it certainly wouldn't be a fast playing game with flow.

Rob

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

This was exactly my fear. Watching every video out there, I am trying to be amazed. I'm not fully seeing it. The theme, the sounds, the clips will all sell this title, and also make everybody somewhat more accepting of it's bare layout. Honestly, if this was anything other than star wars, would people be buying it?

I would have liked to see the ball diverted into the pop bumpers a bit more. Does anyone know the criteria for when the balls make full orbit or get stopped at the top?

Rob

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That said, I'm doubting my SW purchase a bit as well. But the theme is iconic.

Rob

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm back off the ledge
On board again with LE. Back to being crazy
Had a temporary pinball panic attack

Oh you are making this too easy!

good-gooood-let-the-sales-flow-through-you-thumb (resized).jpggood-gooood-let-the-sales-flow-through-you-thumb (resized).jpg

Rob

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't like that you can increase the multipliers no matter what. Meaning if you have the shot turned on (green) or off (red). So basically if you have a decently long ball time you can guarantee the multiplier is hovering around 40x. Keep hitting the standups to make it last forever.
I wish you could only up the multiplier if it was turned off. Then once it's on, you cannot increase it.
Also, I wish that once you were at 40x the timer cannot be restarted. Like 5x playfield on GOT.

This was mentioned in the dead flip stream I think. I remember someone asking about shortening the shot multiplier timeout and Dwight said something to the effect of maybe, but he doesn't want to punish the player too much either. Is it just hitting any target on the bank increases the multiplier, or at least restarts the timeout counter? Maybe there should be only 1 lit (roving?) target that does this? Or one lit target for each playfield X you have lit? That seems to vary (starts at 3?) and is reduced the higher level the multiplier is.... So the higher the multiplier, the harder it gets to increase it further and keep it going. A good multiball should still let you hit 40x sometimes I would think....

Rob

#200 6 years ago

I was just thinking that the death star ramp can basically make the game have a 3rd standard ramp. The ball doesn't need to loop around, but can go up the left ramp (under death star), around the back and down the right side to the flipper. So there's possibility of it just being more than a looping toy if the rules use it that way.

Rob

1 month later
#246 6 years ago

My game is coming thursday, but won't be set up until friday evening. I do believe time is slowing down this Wednesday evening!

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-first-impressions-from-those-who-have-played-it?tu=rob_g and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.