IMG_0315.GIF
umno (resized).jpg
IMG_3946 (resized).JPG
IMG_2017 (resized).JPG
76g6KQ.gif
IMG_0314.GIF
IMG_0313.GIF
20170708_171851 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 6 years ago

Got some good time on a Pro today and my first impression is it looked better in person than in pictures. I thought I would really enjoy the game but it left me feeling meh. I thought I would dig the wide open playfield with shots towards back but it did not feel fun to me for some reason. I was confused by what the hell was going on with all the missions and modes. So I just aimed for the lights and managed to do fairly well. It just felt boring or like it was missing something special? I really think the Premium/LE may be the way to go on this one because the Pro felt flat to me. It was super fast and has good flow but I felt it was missing a bash toy or something? The reject off three bank is quick and if you don't react it drains. I also did not care for the skill shot-TFTC cut and paste. It did not play like AC/DC but you can tell all the cutting and pasting that was done with this title. The other really lame video mode is the tie fighters-totally pathetic! Star Wars screams for decent video modes, I would like to see some video modes with speeder chase or attack on the Death Star? I did like the hurry ups-well because I love hurry ups. One thing I noticed is the power of the flippers on the newer Sterns, I thought my GB flippers were powerful, Star Wars flippers are lightning quick. Time will tell but for now I am seeking out some older gems and passing on Star Wars. I am hoping the Premium/LE added features make this title special and more enjoyable than the Pro because I was just not feeling it today. Hoping it will grow on me because it is a dream theme of mine.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Theme should matter most long term.
Nobody knows wtf a DI is? I think it tails off dramatically.

I would have to disagree. I think DI is going to do very well on location because of the Bling factor. It has a large display and very colorful playfield and toys. WOZ does very well on location because of the Bling factor not because of theme. 40 year old dudes are not like hey man let's go play some Wizard Of OZ! In reality they are like wow look at that colorful game with a bunch of shit packed in it-we should play it.

I was recently at an arcade and some newbies were playing DI out of all the other available games, it definitely stands out.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you are the one spending WAY too much $$ on a DI pin to put on route so lets see what happens. DI is a HUO pin, and i think it will be a stinker on route.

Have you played DI? I was a skeptic as well-then I played it

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

This is like playing iron man without the ramps and monger. There are only inner loops and outer loops. This is why the game plays fast. There's nowhere else to go. This pinball machine relies on video clips for everything. You pick you character, then you have to finish that mode. All modes consist of launching your ball toward the lit arrows at the outer or inner loops. Once you finish the mode, you choose another and obtain instructions on which lanes to shoot. The only thing other than this on the playfield is the force targets. Some stand up targets and the bouncy tie fighter which sits on a slinky spring. For people to enjoy this machine, they have to be prepared to use their flippers to choose modes through menus. This is very lack luster for me.

I agree, the Pro was lack luster for me as well and did not get me excited.

SW lack luster.jpgSW lack luster.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-first-impressions-from-those-who-have-played-it?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.