IMG_0315.GIF
umno (resized).jpg
IMG_3946 (resized).JPG
IMG_2017 (resized).JPG
76g6KQ.gif
IMG_0314.GIF
IMG_0313.GIF
20170708_171851 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

There was just a pro model set up to play. The premium when available is $7300.

Wow, so $500 over a Ghostbusters premium and that is after the $100 price hike from January across all games. That's a $600 increase from the beginning of the year...

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

A WOZ LE was $6500 and now Dialed In is $9000 and they shrunk the size of the playfield from a widebody to a standard body game.

Jack and others have said that at $6500 JJP didn't make any money on WOZ. On one of Kanedas recent podcast Jack said they originally thought it would cost $4500 in materials for WOZ, well they were way off. Also, WOZ LE was $6500 for a short time, then jumped up to $7500.

Stern raising prices because JJP raised prices is kinda crazy as there is a clear difference in quality, code support, and value being offered between the companies two products.

In my opinion JJP has justified their prices increases due to offering high quality, loaded and great code supported games. Stern though hasn't (not consistently) and is just raising prices because they see their biggest competitor is.

This price raising tactic wouldn't fly in any other industry. At these new insane prices there's no reason for Star Wars not to be as loaded as GB Premium / LE and to not have a similar amount of LE features as ST LE.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Gravity:

Right now, I'm down to choosing between 2 Pros. Star Wars and Aerosmith. Tried both at Pintastic for the first time on Friday.
I have to say I'm a die hard Star Wars fan. I've got life size busts of Yoda and C-3PO, Hot Toys figures, t-shirts, mugs, autographs, etc. and was anxiously waiting to play a SW Pro at the show. When I walked up the machine, I was impressed. Looked much better in person than what I've seen in pictures. The backbox LCD animation and callouts were nothing short of amazing. The playfield seemed so bare boned, but the game had flow and played quick. When I walked away from the machine, I don't know if I got a great feel for the machine. I don't know. Something didn't click for me. I wanted to walk away from the machine and say "that's my next pin!", but I didn't have that feeling. I don't want to discount SW, but I'm leaning towards the Aerosmith and putting a SW Pro on the backburner (and maybe revisiting a purchase next year). Still haven't made up my mind.

AS Pro is a great game and comes across as offering more value / game compared to SW Pro. AS Pro is fast yet still has a very unique and interactive toy with the toy box. AS Pro also has metal ramps and metal habit rails.

One of the reasons why Star Wars plays so fast is due to its bare playfield...at $5k+ I don't think that's a good thing, lol. Star Wars looks awesome and that it's fun to play but I think more and more people are having a difficult time justifying its asking price.

One area where I think Star Wars tops AS is with code. Star Wars appears to offer 2-3x the number of modes as AS. The deep code, animation work, and audio package of SW helps increase the games "value factor" in my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-first-impressions-from-those-who-have-played-it?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.