IMG_0315.GIF
umno (resized).jpg
IMG_3946 (resized).JPG
IMG_2017 (resized).JPG
76g6KQ.gif
IMG_0314.GIF
IMG_0313.GIF
20170708_171851 (resized).jpg
There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 6 years ago

Judge for yourself!
Star Wars is on location at:
Kidforce Collectibles
103 Front St
Berea OH 44017
21 pins on site!

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from kidforce7:

Judge for yourself!
Star Wars is on location at:
Kidforce Collectibles
103 Front St
Berea OH 44017
21 pins on site!

Too bad I don't still live nearby in Olmsted Twp. I'd come try it out! Here in PA, the Pinball Gallery in Malvern (just outside Philly) is expecting theirs to arrive in August. Hopefully, it will be sooner.

2 weeks later
#203 6 years ago

Been playing me Pro for two days now. It's a very very fast game. Death Star loop is killing me with SDTM coming out of the loop most of the time...and it's a important shot in the game. Anybody any tips?

#204 6 years ago

Played it yesterday, did not like to stop the flow for using the multiplier change ramp button.
Maybe i understood it wrong, but GoT gives you the Mulitplier on the fly, here you have to unflow for this.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

Death Star loop is killing me with SDTM coming out of the loop most of the time...and it's a important shot in the game. Anybody any tips?

We have it at about 6.8, level side to side. Really rare to have a SDTM, maybe 1 in 100. Not sure what else you could tweak besides making it level and changing the pitch.

Quoted from Metengo:

Played it yesterday, did not like to stop the flow for using the multiplier change ramp button.
Maybe i understood it wrong, but GoT gives you the Mulitplier on the fly, here you have to unflow for this.

Do it on the fly, or when you hit the mystery hole. No need to stop flow.

It has added another dimension to the game for sure. Risk/reward to pull your hand off the flipper and change your multiplier shot. Especially if you have 40x going.

#206 6 years ago

I played it for a couple if hours and I am impressed. It is fast, fun and beautiful. The pics do not do it justice. Lots of choices to start each game had trouble figuring out the rules. I like it, though I was sceptical before playing.

#207 6 years ago

I've had mine for a couple of days now, but have not been able to play it as much as I want to. Hopefully will fix that after work today.

It is my 4th pin I've owned, but it is the only one in the house, so I would really like to get some miles out of it and think I will with this one. I don't get any cheap SDTM drains from the loop or the kickout. I do get some brutal fast ones off the LCD but that's just me playing bad. I do like the pops system, but I think there are too many options up there that you hardly ever get a match 3 in there. I've also seen it where I've had 2 matched but stayed green and didn't lock in, so little bug there. Plus the ball doesn't go up there much, either that or I'm just bad at hitting the shot. Would be nice to take out some of the icons in there to get more matches.

I also just picked up on the multiplier system and will have to play it a bit more to get used to it, but it really isn't complicated at all and doesn't get in the way like I thought it would. I thought I would hate the button mashing, but it is fun and helps to speed up the tie count, although I still haven't gotten to 100 yet.

Really curious to see the video mode, as that skill shot isn't working yet, but I have seen the other options light up though after I scored those. Also can't wait to see the Hoth I mission. Overall we're excited about the game and the family agrees we'll keep this one for a while.

#208 6 years ago

I was disappointed in the fun factor.

#209 6 years ago

Played it on Sunday for the first time. Had a blast, really like how you can pick your character and choose different missions. Plays very fast and can shoot the ball back at you quickly. The ramps are awesome and sounds is great!

Worth the 30 minute drive from Raleigh to Durham to play it!

1 week later
#210 6 years ago

Stay on Target! Code could make or break this Dream Theme.

Come Vote for some Code Tweaks I am recommending. Feel free to select Multiple Choices in the Survey.

Here is the link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hosers-9-dream-star-wars-code-adjustments-vote-now#post-3905780

Also, feel free to discuss the ones you like the most by posting on the thread.

Let's make Star Wars Awesome!!!

1 week later
#211 6 years ago

Just put more time on it today, where I really got further into the game and started to pick up on the rules. One thing that was annoying was I got a lot of rejects on Hoth mode start. It would rip around the horseshoe and bounce off the forks and come right back out. This game is on route so it's probably "broken in" by now and has slowed down compared to brand new. Maybe setting coil pulse to "low" helps. Anyone else dealt with this? Otherwise it was fun, but brutal. Having an out-of-control ball launch is also rough when you only get one ball save. Had one ball that drained twice and didn't get to flip.

I can't see too many people destroying the Death Star with just a 2-ball multiball, so you'll either need add-a-ball (which I don't think I ever had available) or stack it with another wizard mode.

#212 6 years ago

Star Wars LE is a great game. Fast Fun and very immersive. I'm sure this pin will not be for everyone. But then again which pin is? This game has been subject to a lot of ridicule. However I am very glad I hung in there and continued with the purchase.

20170817_231114 (resized).jpg20170817_231114 (resized).jpg

#213 6 years ago

Played it at Pub340 in Vancouver, BC last week. I just could not get into it. I don't think they had it set up exactly right though- I got a LOT of cheap drains (not quite GB level but a lot)

I thought it had promise, and could end up being a really good game, but at this stage with the code where it is, I didn't find it all that fun. I hope this will change.

I realize this is totally unfair but they had a dialed in as well, and I just played the hell out of it. The comparison wasn't even close. Price is also not close

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I realize this is totally unfair but they had a dialed in as well, and I just played the hell out of it. The comparison wasn't even close.

Well there's a pretty good reason for this, U can't walk up to SW and just play a few games to get any idea of the fun factor it holds, Dialed In is kinda easy and less intense but still fun, these 2 games are way too different to compare in my opinion, if you like fast and furious then its SW but more of a TZ fan older B/W then Dialed In.

#215 6 years ago

OK 24 hours with the LE and I am officially frustrated!

1) yesterday after turning off then on it failed on node check. Spent an hour learning and trouble shooting the issue. I found it to be the 48V wire trifurcon connector on the wire which was bent (had to remove connector from plug) and not making proper connection with Node 10 board pin.

2) Yesterday I lost audio in the front speakers, I powered down and back up and it seemed to correct. Today I powered it up and voila no front speaker sound. Its not the cable or connectors its something on the main cpu board.

3) lastly it just could be me and the angry state i am in over the audio, the game is draining the hell out of the ball.

I guess I have to call Stern on Monday..... Stay tuned ( running .87 fw)

BTW this is my very first brand new out of the box machine for me in 30+ years of pinballing. Not too impressed at QC.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well there's a pretty good reason for this, U can't walk up to SW and just play a few games to get any idea of the fun factor it holds, Dialed In is kinda easy and less intense but still fun, these 2 games are way too different to compare in my opinion, if you like fast and furious then its SW but more of a TZ fan older B/W then Dialed In.

You must be right - I spent about 8 dollars on SW, which I think was equivalent to 8 games. It didn't sink in really, whereas DI definitely felt more 'familiar' - I have TZ and formerly TAF so makes sense! How long do you figure it takes to 'get' SW?

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

OK 24 hours with the LE and I am officially frustrated!
1) yesterday after turning off then on it failed on node check. Spent an hour learning and trouble shooting the issue. I found it to be the 48V wire trifurcon connector on the wire which was bent (had to remove connector from plug) and not making proper connection with Node 10 board pin.
2) Yesterday I lost audio in the front speakers, I powered down and back up and it seemed to correct. Today I powered it up and voila no front speaker sound. Its not the cable or connectors its something on the main cpu board.
3) lastly it just could be me and the angry state i am in over the audio, the game is draining the hell out of the ball.
I guess I have to call Stern on Monday..... Stay tuned ( running .87 fw)
BTW this is my very first brand new out of the box machine for me in 30+ years of pinballing. Not too impressed at QC.

Sorry for your frustrations. Let us know how Stern responds. I am all in on a Premium and hope that Stern quickly resolves this.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You must be right - I spent about 8 dollars on SW, which I think was equivalent to 8 games. It didn't sink in really, whereas DI definitely felt more 'familiar' - I have TZ and formerly TAF so makes sense! How long do you figure it takes to 'get' SW?

Oh I liked it by 8 games in fact pretty much right away but once I got into the multipliers , Boba Fett mode, the mass multi's its just amazing, probably better to stay with Dialed In or TZ TAF and the like, I much prefer fast and furious so it may never click, TZ and TAF while I had fun playing them never clicked but Ironman and ST, JM and Shadow way more my speed.

#219 6 years ago

I played 4 games on my LE tonight. Overall, I like it. The accelerator loop is pretty cool, especially in multiball when the playfield goes dark. The Death Star is a tough shot. Challenging game and fun. I wish it came standard with a shaker and they definitely screwed up by not making the side rails light up like my STLE.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh I liked it by 8 games in fact pretty much right away but once I got into the multipliers , Boba Fett mode, the mass multi's its just amazing, probably better to stay with Dialed In or TZ TAF and the like, I much prefer fast and furious so it may never click, TZ and TAF while I had fun playing them never clicked but Ironman and ST, JM and Shadow way more my speed.

got it - good comparison. I really like IM and ST; have not played JM and TS but I get where you're going. Hope they keep the updates coming!

#221 6 years ago

It's a decent game for sure but I just left it thinking this should have and could have been so much better with very little effort. SW is a big big deal and I just don't think they put much thought into it at all as far as playfield toys and artwork go. It shoots nice and hood modes but even if I was a big Star Wars fan, It still would be a tough sell for me. I give it 6.5 out of 10 I guess.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I played 4 games on my LE tonight. Overall, I like it. The accelerator loop is pretty cool, especially in multiball when the playfield goes dark. The Death Star is a tough shot. Challenging game and fun. I wish it came standard with a shaker and they definitely screwed up by not making the side rails light up like my STLE.

Especially when you have a dark room! Quite a challenge with a ball rushing around in your wheelhouse while playing another in the dark blue.....

#223 6 years ago

I played a lot of the le In those Pics and I am very happy I went the pro route on SW. Said it before and will chime in again with . Steve R puts it all on the Pro Game , leaving the cheaper lads happy they do not miss out on anything important . I can do without the Added hyper charged loop (cant follow the ball anyway) the Rescue gate and the millennium falcon toy/ I came home after playing an LE ,played the pro and felt that I am not missing out on anything and kept a pocket full of cash to do with what I desire .. Also with the Ghosting , easier to feel less ripped off if my playfield wont get a swap

#224 6 years ago

My friend Joe received his Star Wars LE and allowed me to help him unbox it. While unboxing the game I shot a video documenting the playfield, playfield toys, and gameplay.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/unboxing-sterns-star-wars-le-unboxing-and-video-review/

Video Post :

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg

6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are no similarities to ST whatsoever.

Can you swear it?

I have almost the same concern as Silverballnut..as I feel ST very repetitive. (The ST modes are all coded in the same way. Each one starts with a particular sequence and each time you shoot a light insert an another sequence starts, again and again till end of the mode. Each sequence is a combination of shooting that always draws the same targets and so the modes feel the same. Just my opinion)

As SW seems to have many modes, I was afraid that they feel all the same as Star Trek. Are they way different from each other?
Thanks

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Can you swear it?
I have almost the same concern as Silverballnut..as I feel ST very repetitive. (The ST modes are all coded in the same way. Each one starts with a particular sequence and each time you shoot a light insert an another sequence starts, again and again till end of the mode. Each sequence is a combination of shooting that always draws the same targets and so the modes feel the same. Just my opinion)
As SW seems to have many modes, I was afraid that they feel all the same as Star Trek. Are they way different from each other?
Thanks

I had the same concerns but find that with the LCD, the modes all seem very different. Rules/goals as well.
For example, each mode that I can think of is different in what you have to shoot. Some are timer-based, some aren't.
I wasn't a huge fan of StarTrek for this reason -the modes all felt the same to me. Not so this time around.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Can you swear it?
I have almost the same concern as Silverballnut..as I feel ST very repetitive.

So I've got to play a Pro quite a bit recently and it really doesn't feel like ST. It's way faster which helps, but as my wife said there just seems to be so much you can do on the game. Between picking characters, following modes, getting tie fighter multiball, the hurry ups, the multipliers, etc.

The modes don't feel the same either. Kind of like the modes on AS don't feel the same either. I think it's just a much more mature style of rules that is shining through.

I have a SW premium on order and still have my ST, but the ST days may be numbered. Even after not playing it much recently going back to ST just feels so samish.

#228 6 years ago

Played a LE about 10 times yesterday. Man that game is a blast. The hyper loop is very cool and is used more than I thought it would be. Not worth the extra money to me, but it was very very fun.

Can't wait to play this game some more.

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I played a lot of the le In those Pics and I am very happy I went the pro route on SW. Said it before and will chime in again with . Steve R puts it all on the Pro Game , leaving the cheaper lads happy they do not miss out on anything important . I

Keep telling yourself that. He actually designs his games starting from the premium/LE and then strips it down for the pro to meet the bottom line. In my estimation it's usually half a game.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Played a LE about 10 times yesterday. Man that game is a blast. The hyper loop is very cool and is used more than I thought it would be. Not worth the extra money to me, but it was very very fun.
Can't wait to play this game some more.

I just had an epic game with the hyperspace loop going full tilt. Four balls shooting around, and I bobbled around with the fifth one.
It is AWESOME. That shot is so satisfying. One of my favourites for sure.
Get some more time in on one if you're considering the Pro. (though I do understand that it is also a great game.)

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I just had an epic game with the hyperspace loop going full tilt. Four balls shooting around, and I bobbled around with the fifth one.
It is AWESOME. That shot is so satisfying. One of my favourites for sure.
Get some more time in on one if you're considering the Pro. (though I do understand that it is also a great game.)

Yeah I wanted so bad to get more than one running around up there but blew it every time I tried. So cool though.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Keep telling yourself that. He actually designs his games starting from the premium/LE and then strips it down for the pro to meet the bottom line. In my estimation it's usually half a game.

In the case of Game of Thrones, the pro is better though. Could be true if Star Wars depending on how reliable that hyperloop ends up being. I see plenty of balls drop out sloppily.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wow here I thought the Prem/LE just had a habitrail that aimlessly shoots the balls around while you frantically try to add more... which does sound fun I admit.

I had no idea this was 50% of the game. But you sound confident with your estimation so I'll defer to you

#234 6 years ago

Post deleted. Woke up grumpy. Decided not to engage ill-informed opinions with a well-informed one.

Carry on, gentlemen...believe what you like.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Wow here I thought the Prem/LE just had a habitrail that aimlessly shoots the balls around while you frantically try to add more... which does sound fun I admit.
I had no idea this was 50% of the game. But you sound confident with your estimation so I'll defer to you

Simplifying the accelerator the way you did would be like saying that pinball is no fun cause you're just hitting a couple buttons on the side of a cabinet.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I played a lot of the le In those Pics and I am very happy I went the pro route on SW. Said it before and will chime in again with . Steve R puts it all on the Pro Game , leaving the cheaper lads happy they do not miss out on anything important . I can do without the Added hyper charged loop (cant follow the ball anyway) the Rescue gate and the millennium falcon toy/ I came home after playing an LE ,played the pro and felt that I am not missing out on anything and kept a pocket full of cash to do with what I desire

I liked playing your pro but I love the hyperspace loop!

When the music is going and the hurry up timer is counting down, it adds a level of stress (in a good way) when trying to make a difficult shot that is so satisfying when you hit it.

People really need to play the LE (premium) if possible before making a decision, the videos do not do it justice AT ALL. It seems like just a ball looping around but in person it's an experience......

The best news is, we live 20 minutes from each other so it's like owning both games for the price of one!

#237 6 years ago

Friday night when we unboxed my game, I was a bit underwhelmed.

Most of that was due to all the rejected shots on my hyperloop.

Once I got the ramp working correctly (30 second fix), the game played a thousand times better. Now I'm loving the game.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You need to build up the hyperspace hurry up to add more.

The first hyperloop is just 1 ball. Second time its get activated, which is twice as many shots as the first, then you can start adding more. Now, I will admit, the shot becomes more difficult with the ball(s) whipping around in front of you.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

well I am sticking with my Post/ Seems the hyper loop and the right side gate are things I can do without. When escape is lit and ball drains / ball is saved by kicking the ball out.. Instead of a gate / can live without that. seems that money could have been spent better on the Prem/le / the hyperloop is as stressing out as is just trying to hit the timed Death Star shot. With or without it is stressfull feeling and feels good when you hit it,, a little more hard to backhand on the Prem/le due to that raising ramp . which comes up at some dumb times it seems to block shots / so if all I am missing is some Metal round circle loop and a gate and some extra translights I am so happy with a pro / I already put in the Falcon so not missing that / The extra money is NOT worth it what so ever for me / Happy to be a pro owner / and still in a honeymoon phase

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You need to build up the hyperspace hurry up to add more.
The first hyperloop is just 1 ball. Second time its get activated, which is twice as many shots as the first, then you can start adding more. Now, I will admit, the shot becomes more difficult with the ball(s) whipping around in front of you.

Yeah I said it looked fun. I think with the chaos of the multiball going on I doubt if I would be able to get even one more on the rail

I was really replying just to the silly statement that the pro was only "half the game"... some obvious hyperbole there.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I said it looked fun. I think with the chaos of the multiball going on I doubt if I would be able to get even one more on the rail
I was really replying just to the silly statement that the pro was only "half the game"... some obvious hyperbole there.

Play both GOT extensively and get back to me on how hyperbolic you think I was.

Do you think TWD pro is better than the premium/LE? No, of course not. That would be silly. Same thing here.

(And PS...the GOT pro dragon and throne that does nothing both suck.)

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Done! The pro is not half the game of the Prem/LE.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I liked playing your pro but I love the hyperspace loop!
blockquote>

If you the Owner Buyer is happy with that ,then it is the right choice for you.

I respect your opinions and even made a few decisions on purchases from some of them, However if you are a Star Wars fan and were on the fence with the Pro/Prem choice . I would say go play for yourself to see if the few upgrades are worth the coin to YOU !/ Or Just go Pro and fear not the add ons/ The gameplay is identical/ If you somehow had another mode or modes. then another story . But not the case / Same game / just cheaper

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Do you think TWD pro is better than the premium/LE? No, of course not. That would be silly. Same thing here.
(And PS...the GOT pro dragon and throne that does nothing both suck.)

I thought this thread was about SW...not every other game you can dredge up. And yeah I think TWD pro is certainly more than 50% of TWD. You never used the word "better" btw. I'd have no problem with the statement that SW Prem is "better" than the Pro.

But saying the SW pro is only half the game of the Prem is plain silly... to anybody. And that's the confounding statement you made. I first thought you were joking around.

I assume people have been giving you shit about springing for the LE and now you are in a defensive crouch but that is not me... I would never give you trouble about what you want to spend your money on and I already said the added habitrail looks like a lot of fun.

The Pro loses out by not having it but once again... saying it's only 50% of the Prem/Le is nonsensical.

Lighten up dude... this is supposed to be fun. I'm happy for you as I wish I had a machine to try loading that loop up. Hopefully you'll get yours soon.

#245 6 years ago

And that's all that matters when it comes to collecting in general.

Quoted from PinFever:

If you the Owner Buyer is happy with that ,then it is the right choice for you.

#246 6 years ago

My game is coming thursday, but won't be set up until friday evening. I do believe time is slowing down this Wednesday evening!

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-first-impressions-from-those-who-have-played-it/page/5?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.