• Pro 122 votes
    27%
  • Premium 183 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(451 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,154 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CA826B61-4C46-466A-9E23-21B74AE43D2C (resized).jpeg
Emporer2 (resized).PNG
Emporer1 (resized).PNG
SW grand champion (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
StarWars_comic_Fr (resized).jpg
StarWars_comic_Bk (resized).jpg
2DD46E56-02E8-473F-9D95-4B09C4941CA6 (resized).jpeg
4D0F6CA7-D23C-46A9-984E-D9A2516CDA4C (resized).jpeg
C4F52FE0-8A7D-4597-8BA8-456D1B8BC639 (resized).jpeg
69623AF6-367E-425A-9969-0DEB2F5CAB3C (resized).jpeg
1641E171-5C85-4472-BB8A-FFFF874AE83B (resized).jpeg
073D1A10-7BCE-4F76-AA9C-FFB036BF027B (resized).jpeg
F3BED45A-020D-490E-8BBE-94FAD359C7DC (resized).jpeg
945F71D1-7BBB-44B1-9492-5477CF7BD3CB (resized).jpeg
8D8CE109-9BC9-439F-9F88-954393A5C6A5 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#988 2 years ago

Does anyone know of a list of settings available for the game? The manual online only lists the standard options, no game-specific. Or could someone just take a quick video of them flipping through them all so I can read them?

3 months later
#2446 1 year ago

Hello all, joined the club today! 25182068_2063312573947967_537251701693415670_o (resized).jpg

Good day to do it with the new software release. Installing it cleared all my settings so I was going through everything and saw the settings for Multiplier Difficulty and Hyperspace Difficulty, but there doesn't seem to be an explanation of them in the manual... Has anyone figured out how either of these affect the game?

#2469 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I am not sure if this applied to the problem i was seeing on my game prior to 1.0, but sometimes when I had some crazy games with a few stacked multi balls (like a 4+ billion point game), if the ball went in the Tattooine scoop, it didn't always eject it, then i'd have to wait for all of the balls to drain before the game would go into ball search and release what was in the scoop. I had a couple crazy games lastnight with new code and hadn't had this happen so far. Guess we'll keep playing and see if it's working all the time now. My issue was on a Pro.

I've had the same thing, and nothing since 1.0

#2471 1 year ago

Think I found a bug... Had endor missions lit when I started Boba fett. I finished Boba fett with a left ramp shot, and it killed the flippers like it was going to go to mode select but didn't put the post up to stop the ball so it just went straight down the middle

EDIT: 1.0 code fyi

#2480 1 year ago
Quoted from Asael:

Happened three times today for me with the new code 1.0.

Same for me today on 1.0, I shot Hoth for mode start, and the ball somehow bounced back out. Again, flippers dead, straight down the middle. There needs to be a basic 'ball drained while mode select active' ball save or something to catch any edge cases like this.

Also, not sure if a bug or not but annoying: if you go into the mode start with the multipliers not on the right loop and you select video mode, you can move the multipliers over to the right loop before video mode starts, but you still only get 1x video mode, which is a pain since 1x video mode is completely useless and there's no way to even just skip it

#2520 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Of course go for stacking! Stack every chance you get...that's the way dwight intended it, so why would you turn it off. Don't want to? Don't select it. While you're at it, dont stack any of the MB's either LOL

I'd much prefer an option to turn off all MB stacking myself... my 4th mission MBs keep getting ruined when Tie Fighter randomly starts during them

#2530 1 year ago

Managed to have another mode start drain on the left ramp. I chose a mode as normal but then during the intro display where it shows what to do I was flipping both flippers to try to skip it, and although it did skip it my flippers never got re-enabled so the mode started and then the ball just drained

2 weeks later
#2747 1 year ago

I've gotten 9 billion and still have never done more than half the tasks for Jedi MB.

Back on the original code on location I managed to complete all the Mission MBs but when that happened the game just crashed :/

2 weeks later
#2874 1 year ago

What are peoples' best video modes? I got this on 40x, but still hit some asteroids so there must be better...

FB_IMG_1516193536810 (resized).jpg

#2877 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Factory time limit??

Stock settings. It might not have been level 1, don't remember exactly. Not sure how the levels effect scoring

#2881 1 year ago

New discovery: if you turn off ball save and then play an extra ball, when the 'Shoot Again' light flashes after you plunge the ball, that's not a ball save...

Also if you get your ball saved by Escape and the escape light is flashing when your new ball goes down the right outlane again, that doesn't mean you get another ball save.

#2895 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think it is used when Hoth is lit...to keep the ball from bouncing out of the horseshoe after it hits the back of the forks. Traps the ball so you can choose your mission.

Or to stop the ball when you shoot death star

#2908 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It was so crazy that I didn’t see the video of the Death Star until after it was exploding.

As soon as I see the ball save start flashing (because victory MB is starting) I always just let my balls drain to watch the video/light show

#2959 1 year ago

The biggest thing I'd like to see polish wise is mode instructions that are actually accurate (and being clearer sometimes would help too). Some of the mode instructions don't match the current rules anymore

Quoted from Eskaybee:

What if they added a couple floating multipliers that could be grabbed during the video mode or maybe an X with up arrow next to it and if you can pick it up it increases your multiplier one step of what it is currently for the video mode. Maybe add an EB floating too? And hitting an asteroid should do more than restart the progress but maybe shed 1 second off the timer each time you hit an asteroid?
EDIT: oh and maybe an X icon with down arrow that decreases your multiplier too.

I think they could do a lot with various floating 'awards' in the video mode. Right now if you go in without a multiplier it's basically worthless. Multipliers, or maybe even different colored pickups that give you progress towards lighting modes/Boba fett/etc. Something to do besides just pick up meager points

#2976 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Hi all,
I just picked up Star Wars Pro as my first pinball machine and I love it so far! I feel it is a great home machine due to all of the different ways you can branch out in the modes and as different characters.
I just have a question that is probably silly, but I can't figure out what the little plastic pieces that came with the machine are for? A couple of them are replacements for parts on the table, but there are some others that aren't currently on the table and I can't determine if I'm supposed to mount them somewhere? There's an X-Wing and then a bunch of round ones with the Empire/Rebel symbols and a few others. Are these supposed to go somewhere in the game or are they meant to go on the key rings or something?

The x wing is for the keys

#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The hurdle that PinGraffix faced is LLL: Licensing, Litigation, & Lawyers
They had to make a product that is generic enough to stop the Lawyers from LucasFilms, Disney, and Stern from coming after them, pure and simple.
For what PinGraffix did I applaud their efforts, however as a owner......well, it misses the mark with me.

Now imagine just the hyperdrive star effect tied into the loop magnets....

#3021 1 year ago

Is Victory MB different depending on what mode you finished to get there or is it just the same thing?

#3028 1 year ago

I'm really starting to hate Lightsaber Duel.... It's fun to play, but when you beat it on your first try and then get continually locked into it over and over for the rest of your game, it can be just horrible. I was having a great game, every objective except tattooine complete, on ball 2 with three extra balls ready. Had Tattooine II, so only III before the MB ready, but coming out of II Lightsaber Duel was lit. Tried to time it out, but the timer stops, so I had to at least try to play it. Lost one ball doing that before finally running out of time, and thought, finally, I can play my mode! I might even get to Jedi for the first time! Missed my shot to the scoop, hit a drop target, which completed the bank, lighting Duel again! Missed my first shot, drained, drained of the plunge on my EB, drained again off the next EB, managed to make one shot in the duel on ball 3, and then drained again. So frustrating! Wish it at least wouldn't lock you into only being able to shoot the ramp to start Duel once you've already completed it or something. Even just letting the timer run out would be enough

#3038 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Especially if its already been done. It would be sweet if at the start of duel it gave you the choice to: left flipper - start duel, right flipper - opt. out. Then next time you get to mission select the duel becomes one of your choices.

Considering it's already on the endor mode start shot, they could even just add it to the mode selection screen

#3046 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have thought a lot about this and I do know where you are coming from. It's frustrating to start a 4th level mission and then blow it right away. I just can't imagine ever getting all 4 victory medals. I feel lost during these multiball missions. I'd like to be able to play them as a single ball as well. Maybe if there was a game setting where these can be set as either single or multiball missions. The mission is lost if you drain without completing it.
Rob

Although some of them are pretty hard, it's much easier if you have more than two balls. Completing more modes first, and making sure to light your add-a-ball help a lot. Not to mention if you line up tie fighter to start during your MB...

#3050 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

How exactly does the add a ball work in these ?

Hitting the force targets will spot letters. Completing the letters will light add a ball on the action button (orange). If you take too long between hits you'll lose letters.

Alright here's a question for you all: if you have a ball on top of the first ball in the trough (a trough jam), does the game kick it out during game over, or does it just let it sit there? On mine it'll happily ball search all day looking for the ball even though the switch test is reading that the trough is jammed?

#3054 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

Is that how it works? On my game, as soon as you hit a drop target the bank resets. Hitting the bank enough times lights the add a ball. Number of hits to light the add a ball at the drop bank changes depending on which planet multiball you are in. Also, add a ball is not available during hyperspace or tie fighter multiball IIRC.

Each time you hit any targets the bank resets, yeah. What do you mean about the number of hits changing? I never really pay attention to the amount of hits, just bash the bank a few times and I always get it. No add-a-ball in tie fighter besides from maybe via the random pop awards? Hyperspace sorta has its own add a ball though I haven't figured out the rules to it yet...

#3061 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Sounds like you just hit the button to add the ball once Force targets are completed.

You have to hold it for a second or two, to differentiate from just moving the multipliers or bashing tie fighters

#3067 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

I guess your original post stated once you completed the drop targets it would light the add a ball

Ah. I meant complete as in complete 'FORCE' (the lights) since I thought each hit to the target bank gave you a letter.

Quoted from T-800:

Fun fact though, if you dont use your add a ball button during a planet multiball but start hyperspace multiball after you can use the button to add a ball during hyperspace mb.

Always great if you can manage to save it till you're already in victory MB!

#3069 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

Well that's something I'll have to pay attention to. I havent noticed the FORCE inserts corresponding to drop targets left for add a ball but I'll be watching next time I play!

I'll have to confirm that's what's actually going on, but that was my understanding.. My FORCE light board broke a few weeks ago so I haven't been able to see them at all

1 week later
#3133 1 year ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Help! For clarification, to destroy the Death Star, is it:
Left ramp, right ramp, Death Star...
Left ramp, right ramp, Death Star...
Left ramp right ramp, Death Star...BOOM!
Do the left and right ramps have to be hit in order? Do you need a Death Star shot between each ramp sequence or just one shot at the end? Can you put three shots up each ramp in any order, then a Death Star shot for the final? I feel like I've been close... I keep hearing "This is it!" but still haven't cracked the bean!

I think it's Both ramps -> Death Star. Repeat 3 times. Ramps definitely in either order, but need the death star between each. Not sure about the 3x part. Would've thought it would be 2x but my memory of the movie is a bit hazy

#3136 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

"its lite kill the tie fighters!"

Red = tie fighters, orange = add a ball. I think somewhere in the ten thousands status screens there's a breakdown of all the other colors

#3154 1 year ago

Just found out via tiltforums that if you don't use your add-a-ball, you can use it in your next multiball. Never would have guessed! Yet another way to try to make those harder multiballs easier to finish. Jumped on mine as soon as I got home and confirmed, not only can you hold an add-a-ball between multiballs, you can even stack them. While I still had one left over from Death Star, I hit the force bank repeatedly during Endor. Drained my ball, used add-a-ball once, and it was still lit for another use which I managed to save until well into Victory MB

1 week later
#3207 1 year ago
Quoted from speederice:

In reviewing the GOTG update, it looks like they added auto-plunger and slingshot power adjustments. Does Star Wars have these adjustments? If not, I wish they could add them to the game. Have seen a few quick drains where it plunged to a drain, ball saved, then autoplunged to an outlane.

Just trough eject and right eject

#3219 1 year ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

looking up and still being only halway to the neighhours GC he lucked into on his first ever game without knowing what the hell he was doing ...

SW definitely has a problem with the balance between in game progress and score. The more controlled you play in order to progress further, the less you hit your multipliers, the less you stack, etc. Of course, I think that's partly intentional. Steve Ritchie doesn't want you trapping up and making shots, that's why he put a three bank of death targets in that you have to bash to keep your multiplier up. Maybe the balance on that isn't right though either.

There's definitely also just a sort of magic stack you can get into by luck which pours out tons of points. I haven't been able to touch any of my highscores once I learned how to play it properly, and no idea where the billions even came from when I put them up.

#3223 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Solid strategy, which leads me to hope Dwight will tweak the video mode scoring again (they're still worthless with no multiplier, of course, which is fine). IMO top score for each video mode -- 40x multiplier, booster all the way, no collisions -- should be capped at ~500 million. Still lucrative but slightly less dominant.

I'd really like for there to be more skill to cashing out on video mode than just 'make sure the multiplier is on it after a multiball'. Seems like 40x while you close your eyes shouldn't be worth so much more than a perfect 1x.

In the end though, there's really no way to balance a score multiplier well. It's just always going to be worth more. I've been thinking about disconnecting my three-bank switches to see how that changes the game.

#3268 1 year ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

'...no idea where the billions even came from when I put them up.'

Is the consensus this is a good thing for pinball, bad, or just different?

It seems to depend on the player. I prefer all my scoring to come from things I know I did on purpose. Other players are happy to just set up a situation where there's a ton of things that are worth points and then just start shooting everything in existence

#3371 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Is that something under Diagnostics that I can test or am I manually doing something? It's not an issue where the ball isn't making it out of the shooter lane, it basically seems like it dispenses 2 balls at once rather than one. Or on rare occasion mid ball it will kick out another and I did not activate any multi ball that I an aware of. It doesn't happen too often, maybe 5% of the time... Maybe the switch is overly sensitive?

There's a switch test in diagnostics. Make sure that when there's a ball in the shooter lane the shooter lane switch registers, and when you take the ball away it doesn't. Also go the 'Clear Trough' test, and verify that all the optos are functioning correctly. If the trough jam opto started acting up, that can cause it to kick out multiple balls, even in the middle of play

#3377 1 year ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Yes. Only happens to me in Tie Fighter Multiball. It is most of the time for me.
At first I thought it was intended, like to Tie Fighters swooping in or something. Ha!

I definitely have occasional cases where it'll kick two balls into the shooter lane before firing them. Seems like it only happens when it does need to eject at least two balls though, so not really a problem.

#3380 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Hmmm.....with all these other reports of 2 balls in the shooter lane this may NOT be switch related....

Mine only has ever happened during multiball, and the game never failed to launch them. If a ball is ever sitting in the shooterlane and not launched, you definitely have a switch issue.

#3391 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I just noticed that this insert doesn’t appear to be used. It’s under the spinner on the premium. I went through the lamp menu and it doesn’t appear to be assigned. I haven’t lifted the playfield to see if there is a lamp there or not. Has anyone else noticed this?

It's a flasher

#3433 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Does anyone else have an issue where shooting the left loop has a high percentage of going SDTM at high speed? Is there an adjustment that can be made to address this? It can be really frustrating at times. I'm on a pro so my death star shots are all left loop.

Don't think I've ever had that on my pro. Occasionally the right loop if it goes around weird but never the left

#3436 1 year ago
Quoted from ita47:

Mine did this when I first got it. I had to bend on the ball guide on the right side. If I remember it needed more bend to it. Now mine hits consistently on the left flipper. You have to remove the plastic behind the mini lcd screen and the screen also.

It seems like Star Wars generally warrants tearing down the playfield and tweaking all the ball guides.

#3454 1 year ago
Quoted from Asael:

How do you guys handle the mode stacking?
On my SW I have the mode stacking turned completly off and like the gameplay and the animations this way more. Perhaps I miss a few strategy options, but I think too much stacking is confusing. I like to get involved in one mode. And SW is an other game without stacking.

I've left it on, but I don't use it much as I agree it's more fun with a single mode. But sometimes I feel like playing for completion, not the modes themselves, and then there's a whole different layer of strategy to lighting the right modes to stack together

#3459 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

The whole game has black trim and the white around the head just didn't look right

I think that means you need to make the rest of the trim white!

#3507 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Stern just posted V1.01 code for our pins.......grab those USB sticks!
Highlight for me:
- The game will now abort mission selection if the ball makes it to the
trough. The ball will not end and a new ball will be served.

Yes!

Full Pro changelog:

PRO V1.01 - March 01, 2018
==========================
Moved to System 1.95:
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00
- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games
that have been played.
- Improved sound proccessing
- Interactively update the backbox brightness while changing Attract Mode,
Game Play, and Service Mode adjustments in the service menu
- Added adjustments for backbox speaker bass/treble, cabinet speaker
bass/treble, and cabinet/backbox speaker balance to service menu
UTIL->VOL. Speaker balance allows lowering the volume level of cabinet
speaker or backbox speakers vs. the other.
- Improved sound issues at power up

Fixed:
- BONUS CHAMPION was not being displayed during attract mode.
- Install Hard or Extra Hard will now work correctly
- Changed the lamp #15 to SKILL SHOT to match the manual
- The game will now abort mission selection if the ball makes it to the
trough. The ball will not end and a new ball will be served.

#3515 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some are worth it, some aren't. If you don;t mind being boned by the mission start bug once every hundred times no need to update.

Do we have any word on if there are more updates planned?

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Forget the hyperspace/death star shot. I can't hit the damn spinner/orbit

Forget the damn spinner, I can't hit the right orbit

#3569 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Is there an easy way to start a multi ball on this game? I can go through 10 games of the time without having a multi ball!

Just keep selecting 5 Tie Fighters as your skill shot and hit the hurry up.

#3577 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No, the bubble on my game and probably most owners is NOT at 6.5. Like not even close! It is supposed to be but it is not.

You mean, the level itself is miscalibrated?

#3581 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not accurate. Didn't realize there is a way to calibrate it. how do you calibrate it? put washers under it?

Pretty much. Why do you think they're off? Compared with a digital level or something?

#3593 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what shots qualify as "bonus" versus just regular scoring? Also, the skill shot on the mini-LCD says it is a bonus multiplier but I'm pretty sure I've hit it and still only had a 1x bonus multiplier at the end of my ball. lil help?
Edit: I also don't quite understand "bonus held", it seems to always be equal to the value of your bonus in effect doubling it?

If you hit it it should give you increased bonus X. Bonus Held on ball three will just give you your bonus again (doubling it). On previous balls it instead doesn't reset the bonus for the next ball, allowing you to keep building it further

1 week later
#3711 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

People need to be reminded the game is not your buddy and isn't set up to make you happy.
That's without going into the seemingly obvious correlation between the fact the lightsaber duel in the movie doesn't take place at a designated time of their choosing.

Yeah, but we don't pull Obi Wan back from the grave to fight Vader again after he dies. I don't think Vader would hold back if he cradled up either.

#3740 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anybody seen this issue with their death star? Ive adjusted the hold power, but doesn't seem to do anything (actually not sure what that adjustment does?)

There should be two arms in the back that are attached to the coil, are they both moving okay?

#3813 1 year ago
Quoted from monte_:

Are the black stock stern rubber bands traditional rubber? Where can I buy these from? Titans are okay, but i just feel like they dont grab as well.

I'm not sure if any places online sell the Stern stock 'suzo-happ' rubbers but I find Marco rubbers to be pretty close

#3816 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

You can change that if you want, it's somewhere in the settings. But unfortunately that means the timer won't hold for you when you do want it and when the ball is bouncing around the pop pumpers.

Does that affect all modes or just Lightsaber Duel?

#3835 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

you have a selection of missions to choose from to suffice endor/hoth/tattooine 1-3. Not saying have a 4th insert just more options to choose from within the original footprint.

How would you have more options than these 3 when there's only three inserts per group?

#3838 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Easy, on endor I seem to get the speeder bike and duel on cloud city quite a bit. Can there not be more scenes to choose from to complete? Really don't see how what I'm suggesting has anything to do with inserts on the PF.

Choose other characters then?

#3866 1 year ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I like the mystery slowdown.... Gives me time to drink my beer.

Good break sometimes but I don't get why you can't skip the mystery animation with the flippers...

#3895 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It would be cool for there to be some coding on quick drains from the emporer, perhaps “I can feel your anger” with that snarky laugh he has.

Don't they already use that for tilts?

#3897 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The laugh... yes but don’t recall the I can feel your anger. Besides, don’t tilt too often anyway.

I think I've gotten 'I can feel your anger' and 'take your Jedi weapon, use it, strike me down' etc sometimes. Seemed to be tied to frequency of tilts? Unless I'm just imagining that. Very nice touch though.

#3988 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

There will ALWAYS be a chance for a SDTM on that shot, as how it reacts depends on speed and spin of the ball, slickness of playfield, etc. Most any pin that has had a tight inner loop being fed from the lower flippers like that will never be 100%. Had a ToM years ago, did the same thing on the inner loop, 90%+ shots were safe, but always 1 in 10 went SDTM.

Not completely safe, but on my Pro it's not nearly that bad. I'd doubt even 1 in 100 goes down the middle

#4000 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Moving the left outlane post down seems to have made zero difference on my machine......I'm sure it actually has, but it sure don't seem like it.

Should've checked the audits before and after!

Not sure if it's the way I have it set up but on my Pro I drain down the center way more than either outlane at default/middle settings

1 week later
#4104 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Quick question, where should the ball go after you plunge it and it hits the targets? Is it supposed to go to the drop targets?

Technically I think the idea is that you can bounce off and hit the strobing drop target for a double skillshot, but it's way too variable. Mine never goes to the left outlane, if anything it'll hit too high (above the drops) and bounce towards the right outlane.

#4108 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just use the manual plunger...thats why it is there.

Love manually plunging my multiballs

#4131 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

For a prospective buyer of SW, are the code updates all done or are there more planned? Code complete?

Code is complete (modes, wizard mode, etc), but word is there'll be at least one more update of some kind coming

#4150 1 year ago

Tore mine down yesterday to clean and re-rubber. Adjusted some of the guides while I was in there. Was nice to see that the shooter lane guide has a built in adjustment. A bit of a pain to get to but definitely the first stop for anyone with instant-draining issues.

People who've adjusted their right scoop kickout to go to the left flipper: where does it go after it bounces off the flipper? I was hoping it'd just dead bounce across to the right flipper but couldn't manage to get there (always bounced into right slingshot or towards right outlane)

Also noted my right controlled gate (above the pops) was very loose, must not have been tightened quite enough from the factory?

#4159 1 year ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

How to you get HYPERSPACE multiball? Just curious, ive heard of it but never seen it.

Completing 4 bottom lanes 3x will light right ramp and left orbit yellow. Shoot yellow shot to start hurry-up at Death Star. Collect two hurry-ups to start MB

#4162 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

What’s the strategy for how do you complete outlanes 3x each? Do it during some other Multiball? During ball save?

Technically a mode like Endor II would help, but I just don't consciously go for Hyperspace MB at all. If you just watch your lanes to make sure you get the right ones, you'll light another hurry up fast enough.

#4175 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Or at least give us the option to pass it and just take a small amount of points in lieu. I would also like them to do that for the Video mode. The only time I am excited to play that is when I have the multiplier cranked up. It’s not worth playing otherwise

Or even just make it so the other shots aren't locked out when it's lit! I can deal with never shooting the left ramp when not in a mode. Anything except what it currently does!

#4180 1 year ago

Video mode needs something else in it that makes it worth playing when you don't have the multiplier up

#4216 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Any vids of SW being played in competition? By Keith, Zach, etc...so much strategy involved, I’d like to see them go at it.

Was sad it didn't get chosen at the circuit finals at all

Sounds like it was set up too brutal and everyone stayed away.

#4230 1 year ago

You know, even more than any rule fixes or something, it'd be really nice if the supposedly '1.0' code at least had rules text that matched the rules. Multiple modes still give inaccurate instructions. Hyperspace multiball still says to complete the inlanes to light the death star when the inlanes aren't even enabled in the multiball anymore. Hoth III says 'targets for stormtroopers' when targets aren't even involved in the mode. Etc etc.

Regardless of preferences about videomodes and lightsaber duel, this is sort of an obvious thing that really shouldn't have made it into 1.0, let alone 1.01 too.

#4237 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think its the jedi targets, and maybe others, that shoot stormtroopers when you hit them in that mode.

You don't need to shoot any targets though. Both ramps, both orbits, then hoth and you're done.

#4306 1 year ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

CANTINA would be PERFECT MIDNIGHT MADNESS !!!
Just basically interrupting whatever is going on and go nuts !!!

Isn't that what midnight madness was before they removed it?

1 week later
#4477 1 year ago

- LIGHTSABER DUEL now only requires defeating Vader once per JEDI MULTIBALL
play thru. Once completed it will not be started again until the player
completes Jedi Multiball.

I think that means you can't replay Lightsaber duel until you beat the wizard mode? Cool if so!

- If VIDEO MODE is started while HOTH and HOTH I are lit, we now spot HOTH I as being complete, and increase the VIDEO MODE LEVEL before play begins.

Nerfed the Han tournament strategy a bit...

- The ball is now held during the DESTROY THE DEATH STAR, ESCAPE FROM HOTH, BATTLE OVER ENDOR, and ESCAPE FROM TATOOINE final fanfares.

Nice

#4481 1 year ago
Quoted from rs812:

What the hell is with the continuous “tweaks” to a non-existent topper?

Seems they're trying to keep the code up to date with the topper as they develop it? No reason to go to extra work to withhold that code from the updates. And if the topper does finally come out no need to push out a new code update

#4492 1 year ago

Noticed two options in the game settings I hadn't seen before. One to not stop timers when cradled, which is also nice to let you time out Lightsaber Duel if you don't want to play it, and one to adjust the length of the video mode, which is also nice if you don't like it or want to make it less valuable for tournaments

#4563 1 year ago
Quoted from Moortus:

Please make Light Saber Duel skip-able. It kills the flow of a good game. It also annoys me that LS Duel comes back with full time after losing a ball. You could be stuck in SB duel for the rest of the game. I've heard that this design is as intended. This is bad design.

While I agree and this annoyed me a lot, I've now made it so timers don't stop when you trap and then I just time out lightsaber duel

#4567 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

It doesn't, he's talking about losing a ball during lightsaber duel. Even if you lose it at 1 second to go, it restarts at full time.

Yeah, seems a weird decision, especially when it doesn't work like that for Boba Fett (which I find harder to get to and complete than Lightsaber Duel)

#4574 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I really enjoy all of the worlds and their modes however I find the tattoine stuff a little underwhelming especially the multiball. This could use a little polish in my opinion.

I feel like I remember the Tattoine MB being completely different in some of the earlier code. Different shots, rules, etc. Wonder if it had different video too... Not sure why it got switched

Quoted from T-800:As zacaj stated, draining on Boba Fett and having to relight that mini-mode is a pain in the ass and is super frustrating when you fail to complete it, I'd hate to have to do the same again for LSD. Besides, LSD is pretty easy to beat in most cases; I seldom need more than one ball to get the job done.

I always seem to have a hard time completing LSD, but I agree I'd rather have both it and Boba Fett stay if you drain (like all the other modes do), however I'd also rather LSD be skippable if you don't feel like playing it so you don't have to get stuck in the drain repeat cycle when you don't want to. Being able to time out is nice but I'd rather not have to even start it if I'm not playing for wizard mode

#4591 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe it's a setting that can be changed zacaj?

There's a 'timers stop when ball cradled' setting, yes

Quoted from ChipScott:

It says spinner to increase value, inner loops to destroy at-at.

Another case where the 'directions' don't actually match the rules, and still hasn't been updated months later. The actual requirements are given in the update notes above

Quoted from Psw757:

As for tattoine, I completed the ramps shots and shortly there after drained so I thought that was it. Didn’t realize there were more animations and content with the other 9 shots.

Only the nine shots (left ramp -> right loop and back) are required for victory MB, the rest are just extra stuff for scoring.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep I'm very familiar with GOT as you know, that's why I said "even enough...," I would like even more!

would have loved if SW had a spinner more like got where it became a legitimate strategy

Quoted from TheLaw:

And I've said this before, stop starting the mode if you don't want to play it. YOU'RE the one starting it, not the machine. The rules don't need to be build around making things easier for you.

for the last time, ITS NOT A CHOICE. It is literally unavoidable if you play a multiball or two. Just the balls launching out will knock down enough drops to light lightsaber duel, and then you're locked into no options besides starting it, every other shot is disabled. The machine is 'starting' special code that does this, not the player. The rules are designed to give a fun experience to players, if players are being constantly annoyed by being locked into a mode, then the rules should be changed. Making the game not lock out other shots once lightsaber is lit won't make the game any worse for people who want to play it, they'll just shoot the ramp anyway. Meanwhile people who don't want to play it can just avoid the ramp.

Boba Fett does the same thing locking you in once you start the mode, but it's much more avoidable as you have to shoot combos and white shots outside of modes, so if you want to avoid it, you can play that way. LSD gets started by random bounces hitting the drops, not something you can control.

#4594 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Your option is to CHOOSE to start/deal with it before you get to a point you don't want it to randomly happen.
You can either sit back like a club pro and just let things happen, or you can use strategy to make sure you don't get stuck in it.

It doesn't matter *when* I play it, I don't *want* to play it, until I have literally every other objective for Jedi complete, because it's a boring mode with no meaning beyond being a Jedi Objective. The randomness isn't the problem, it's not being able to avoid it. There's no strategy to not getting stuck in it, there's only getting stuck in it because I went for it, or getting stuck in it despite not going for it, and those both suck

#4598 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I feel you man, but it's part of the game. And I just don't understand why everyone thinks/assumes the game should be set up the way they want it.

This is the point of complaining. The game works one way, and we think it should be another way.

Quoted from TheLaw:

These games are full of making me do things I don't want to do.

If you just want the game to screw you over then it shouldn't matter what it does, so why are you making a big deal out of every time someone requests the change? It makes no difference to you, it makes a giant difference to us, so shut up

#4602 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm making no more big a deal anymore than you are. You guys say what you think, I say what I think;

Not all opinions are equal. I'm trying to give constructive criticism to improve the game, you're going "you whiners should shut up and play better". Only one is useful

#4613 1 year ago
Quoted from speederice:

Are people frequently experiencing the "dead flipper on mission select" bug with the new code update? As an operator, I am hesitant to update to 1.0.3 if this is a frequent problem, since I know the bug was pretty much fixed in the last revision.

Haven't had it once yet and I always skip the videos

#4617 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I selected 2 missions, hit the button to fast forward through the tutorial, and the flippers died. V1.03. The ball came back to play though.

Wait, button skips videos? Never knew that! I'd been using the flippers to do it (without issue)

#4630 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

This has been recent issue for me on my Pro... and maybe it was drifting over time and I didnt notice until now, but a strong left orbit shot that travels all the way around almost always ends up going straight down the middle on me, when previously I recall it would always go to the right flipper. Checked the leveling and pitch, all good, and sitting at 6.5 at the bottom and top of the playfield. Thinking my next course of action would be to loosen the last two nuts/bolts on the end of the guide coming out of the right side of the orbit and pushing it out a bit to the right like a half millimeter and retightening to see if that changes it. Anybody have a similar issue and resolve it with a change like this? Anything else I should look at before i start adjusting guides?

Even without loosening the nuts, taking some pliers or something and giving it a slight bend is enough to really change the trajectory

1 week later
#4694 1 year ago
Quoted from Asael:

If Dwight will give us one more patch in the future I would like to have a small and minor thing added that bugs me. I would like to see the Tie fighter kills counter when I select the next mission. I want to know how far away the next tiefighter mb is.

I'd really like to see it on the mini screen during the tie fighter assault. Sometimes I want to bash the button to like 32 fighters and then stop while I go start a mode

1 week later
#4804 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When my game ends, it sometimes just shows the tie fighter screen on the main screen. It doesn’t change until I start the next game. I thought this was a glitch, but updated codes haven’t fixed this. Am I missing someway to get it off that screen.

Tie fighter screen? you mean what's usually on the mini-screen?

#4806 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s the “Tie Fighter Assault” screen. The one that is up when you are killing tie fighter with the mash button...on the main lcd. Little lcd is stuck too.

Mine's never shown that on the main screen. Sounds like you have some sort of issue.

#4820 1 year ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I think I'm on the verge of selling my Star Wars Premium. I love everything about it, except for the ball launch. I hate the fact that at ball launch I have absolutely no control, it ricochet's off of so much shit, there is zero ball control. Often I'll have it go straight down the left or right drain (I've literally had it do the left outlane and then the right outlane on the ball save launch). The other times, it bounces back and forth from the slings a million times before finally settling down and I'm able to actually take control of the ball.

Tried adjusting the shooter lane exit guide? Even a tiny movement there can change the plunge a ton

#4827 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have a terrible time with left outlane drains as well. Really odd that the pro & premium/le differ in this way. I contacted SR to see if he can explain the background behind the difference. I'd love to find a solution...I noticed someone earlier in this thread added a post to the Premium.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/28#post-3983261
snaroff

I think it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that originally the drops were going to be standups and so the post was needed, but they didn't take it out when they converted to drops, but that you shouldn't add one

#4831 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Why are the posts essential for standups? (vs. drops). Confused.
snaroff

I don't know the exact reason but that's what they said (Iirc)

This is like third or fourth hand info at this point

#4845 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The playfeild on the pro and premium are the same on that side of the playfeild near the drops and since the pro has the post and the premiums do not that tells me that it should have been their on the premiums from the get go. I was warming up to this pin but now I am as cold as ice. Unless I can find a used premium with the post added from a ingenious pinsider.

The designer literally said the opposite?

#4850 1 year ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi guys , I’m pretty sure this is the next game the premium , I’m getting but I have questions! Yes I have played the game and liked. I haven’t gotten to far.
1)
Is code complete enough? Not a fan of hoping it gets done. I have X-men and a gb still waiting.
2) does hyper loop get used enough?
I really think it’s cool. And have seen where a good idea just doesn’t really get used. Thanks so much in advance.
Bart

The code could use some polish but all the modes, wizard modes, etc are there

Hyper loop will mostly depend on how well you can hit the shot

#4873 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Agreed. And now with the new code the loop is also used to hold the ball when victory multiball sets up.

Does it send it around when it 'holds' it? And in those modes? I haven't had enough time on a premium to see anything besides hyperspace mb

#4892 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good call, those ice blue insert lights are combo indicators which only really matter if you're trying to get Escape from Boba Fett mode going. I get the concept (and appreciate that they changed the color in a code update, they used to be "light purple" and easily confused with Death Star mode shots) but they're still more likely to cause confusion for inexperienced players than anything else.

I miss how star trek had a separate light for combos.

#4901 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

Destroying the Death Star is super satisfying.

I love selecting Luke and then doing the 'death star run' of all three modes in order than a 4-ball death star MB. Wish every mode set had a character where they were all available like that

#4939 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

White rubbers, too?

White rubbers are the best

#4959 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Also, speakers seem to be somewhat muffled.

What volume setting are you on?

#4984 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is a fun, underrated, addicting game. Think I even like it more than GOT

I hear you there! I can't wait to get a GoT of my own to put next to my SW, but it definitely feels like it's the first of an era with its modes and houses. Rough around the edges in many places. SW they've got stuff figured out a lot more.

#4986 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Honestly, I'd wait on GOT. There's just too many bugs and one in particular that really ruins the game for me. That said; the hounds call outs and wall, hotk, iron throne multiballs are so satisfying and fun to play. GOT (pro) is probably the best flowing pin I've ever played, so satisfying to shoot. I just hope dwight can finish it someday; I love his unorthodox code.

Yeah, the code definitely needs another pass. Seems like the balance is bad on a lot of it, but when I look at all the other new Sterns out there GoT still comes out on top

#4988 1 year ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I've also been looking into getting a GOT (an LE) and one of main reasons why is because of how much I enjoy the code on SW. Even though the code on GOT could use some polish I'm still drawn to it for the overall game play / code. Dwight has done a fantastic job with the way he's coded SW and GOT, definitely a big fan and looking forward to what he does for future machines!

Seeing that he did a lot of the code on GB has gotten me more interested in one, I've got to say. I've never heard much about anything beyond the air balls and giant flipper gap

#4995 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I dont think I've ever been awarded a Special in the game... Extra Balls and replays, sure. Is there a special even programmed? or is the adjustment leftover code from whatever game they used as the template for this one?

I've gotten a special as an award off the pops

#4998 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Im curious on what an example of a special would be?

I think I have mine set to points, so it just awarded some random amount I didn't notice.

Quoted from matt68061:

Now, how about a tutorial on how to "defeat Boba Fett"... ?

Choose Han, choose boba fett from skill shot, hit lots of white shots, then once it starts just hit the lit shots and bash the 3-bank when time is low?

#5007 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

However, while I think my scores for R2 & Luke > Han & Leia, I don't think the difference is all that substantial.

Funny, I find Leia and Han to be the best scoring, then R2 then Luke. And Jedi Training is always one of the first things I finish, while I'm always stuck with Boba Fett

#5035 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I read the first part, looks pretty good, thanks! Question, that guide states:
Scoop: A saucer on the right side of the machine that kicks the ball out to the right flipper. This shot is likely the one used to light the Tatooine modes. Has a mode shot arrow, a “X Multiplier” light, a “Mystery” light, and a “Tatooine” light.
The scoop is supposed to hit the left flipper, no?
What is the purpose of the arrow insert in front of the scoop being lit solid orange? It seems to do nothing when hit.

According to the designer, yes. The solid orange means that hitting it will advance you towards your Tatooine modes. The left ramp is lit green and right loop blue, similarly. After three hits to the scoop it should light the modes

#5042 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Not necessarily easier..just let it bounce pass to the right flipper.

I wasn't able to get mine adjusted to do that

What strength is your kickout set at? Where on the left flipper does it hit?

#5044 1 year ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I just realized that Jedi multiball needs to be a bit more spectacular: A better light show… and something for the end. Victory Laps or something. I was a bit dissappointed. Lightsaber duel is way more cool.

Yeah, I've got to say I was a bit disappointed. I finally got to it last week, with three add-a-balls saved and ready, expecting some giant event, and then I beat it without using any. Though I've never been a fan of modes where the flippers die after

#5047 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I find the Jedi Multiball is cooler if you are not doing well, as it cycles through the Red/blue/and Flasher lighting effects. When you drain and lose the mode the music and emperor doing his speech thing is kinda cool the way the music builds up and then kicks you back to the beginning of the game. When you doing well you dont really see anything cool before you start over.

There's red!?

#5082 1 year ago

Does anyone know for sure how to relight the death star during Hyperspace MB?

#5091 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I think my machine is due for its first cleaning and waxing. I'm relatively new to this, do I need to take everything off of the playfield to do this? I'm afraid I won't be able to figure out how to put it back together if I remove things.

For a regular light cleaning you can probably just do everything reachable by hand.

#5101 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My right flipper tends to stick in the up position sometimes and not sure why. Sometimes the only way to get it to fall back into place is by hitting the left flipper. Has anyone had this issue also, or know how to fix this?

I'd start by replacing the coil sleeve.

#5107 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can someone post a brief summary of “add-a-ball”? I think I did it last night during a great game and it saved my multiball long enough to destroy Death Star 1! I saw the action button flashing orange (I think) and whacked it and another ball shot out. Is that what happened? How did I qualify for add-a-ball?

Complete the force targets quickly during any of the mode MBs to light the button orange. Can only like once per MB, but you can keep it for a later one

Also can be a random award from the pops

#5109 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Thanks! Is there a way to tell if you have one stored up?

Just whether the button is orange I think. No way to tell how many

2 weeks later
#5279 1 year ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I had printed this off but seems to be quite out of date, FYI.

It seems mostly up to date, what do you think is wrong? I added a few things I knew offhand. The main thing seems to be that it's still missing the hyperspace MB rules, which noone seems to have figured out for sure yet... Also I think it's missing a Hoth mode, but I can't find that cool diagram of all the modes someone posted last month

#5303 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there a way to skip out on video mode, lightsaber duel? Like If Im playing and Im trying to blow up the death star, and these pop up, is there a way I can skip them and cont with my mode? The lightsaber duel is fun, but that video mode with the asteroids is kind of lame
Thanks

Video mode: try to avoid the shot once it's lit, no need to shoot it unless going for hoth.
Lightsaber duel: no way to avoid it

#5306 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

but you have to go through it to get to the end.

If you're going for the end, which they weren't.

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Don't really see any reason to skip the video mode either...free points

If I'm not playing for score I usually just check my email or something while I wait for it to finish There's no other purpose to it besides points, which seems a waste

#5310 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I don’t get all the hate on LSD and the video mode. It’s kinda weird to want to skip modes/challenges to get to a certain part of the game. If you want to get to that point, just take the glass off and trigger the shots manually. When you get to the point you want, hold the ball, replace the glass, and continue to play. If the above sounds like cheating...it is. I think both modes...in fact all modes of SW are great, and if it takes me 10 years to beat it by playing the modes as they were meant...sounds like a challenge...bring it on.

I'm not trying to get past them, I'm trying to do other things that are more fun, like destroying the death star, and they get in the way. Yesterday I was specifically trying to get to hoth as Leia and multiple games lsd got in the way and locked me out.

#5314 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think destroying the Deathstar should be difficult to do. If I could pop it open too often, it’d get boring. I’ve done it a half dozen times or so in both Endor and the whole Deathstar. Since it’s hard to do, sure feels great when you get there. I really want to load the hyperloop with all six balls, but I guess I just need to play better

Destroying the Deathstar is difficult to do, because you need to get through some tough deathstar modes and make tons of tough shots in multiball and you only get one attempt. LSD has nothing to do with it though, it's not one of the 3 deathstar modes, it's not a requirement. At least "destroy the deathstar", as a story line, has a slight relationship to LSD... But if I'm playing through the 'hoth' story, and suddenly ben has to duel vader in the middle, it doesn't make any sense.
Every other mode I can choose to start or avoid, only LSD locks you out.

#5318 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I'm never going to complain about the non-linear aspects of SW

No one is?

#5324 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Quick question... is there any advantage to completing the Modes’s/multiballs in the order they occur in the movies? I have tried the do this and came close once but then wondered if there was any point. Passing to light another mode and get two going at once is an obvious and great strategy I use often now. Basically can run modes 3 times and get all multiballs lit.

No advantage besides feeling cool. I usually play whatever color has the least modes left, and stack in another if they have good shot combinations

#5331 1 year ago

It goes up each time you play video mode. Higher scoring, I think it goes 1x, 1.5x, 2x, etc

#5336 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Level 1 then 2..... I don't think I've been past 2, but it certainly seems to have more asteroids.
Rob

I think I had level 3 a few times... Didn't really notice it getting much harder, but that'd be cool

#5338 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

Hmm, don't understand the above comments on LSD, I played it last night at Level 257 and got to the mode scored 257,000,000 (don't know why) but put my initials on the game.
I was very excited to get there and thought it was very cool and a selling point to own the game.

It was cool the first five times, but now it's like a zombie. It's almost too easy to get to once you have any okay game. If it was as hard to get to as boba fett is, it probably wouldn't be as annoying as it would still have that cool 'accomplishment' factor. Boba Fett feels like much more of an achievement as you have to actually work to get there. LSD just happens by accident off the drop targets

#5342 1 year ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

One thing that came to my mind just now. It would be cool to have a mode that intentionally utilizes that strobe effect to make it hard for you to see the ball. Not slow like in boba fett escape but fast to really give you that super terrible stop-motion.
Anyway. Just a thought.

Your eyes are amazing... I can barely see a thing during Boba Fett. That would be cool. Probably get sued

#5346 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree 100% on the video mode suggestion. It would really be perfection if hoth 1 was a normal mode to be added and the video is only active when lit.

Adding the EB in there would definitely be cool too. Or maybe you could hit say a green arrow in the video mode and it would spot you a green arrow on the PF, etc? Make progress on difficult shots in video mode if you're paying attention. Maybe stick some TIE fighters in there for you to destroy...

#5351 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys, Ive been playing my Star Wars more and more and more. Its actually a pretty amazing game! Im glad I didn't sell it, I was about to because I was getting frustrated.. but took it off pinside classifieds once I actually figured out what was going on. But I still dont get some of the modes. So if I do r2d2, do the bunker, destroy it, then I get battle over endor. Then I only get one chance to destroy death star?? If Loose ball there is no way to try again? Also is there a death star trench run or not?
Thanks

You only get once chance at each mode, yeah. Destroy the Death star is the trench run from A New Hope. Very hard, you need to shoot the Death Star 3 times for each attempt they made at the run in the movie. Battle over Endor is the 2nd death star from Return of the Jedi, easier as you only need one death star shot.

#5355 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have and love this game, but I don't know the movies enough to know what the hell you guys are talking about

I've been meaning to rewatch them again after playing the game so much. Haven't seen them in years

#5360 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys I understand the battle above Endor is from return of Jedi and second Death Star. Ur talking to a Star Wars fanatic. My question is how do u get to the trench run for first ds? Do I use luke then do Death Star missions ??
Thanks

Any character can. R2D2 will be the easiest since there's only one DS mode needed. Luke needs all 3. But R2D2 will be 2 ball MB, Luke will be 4 ball.

2 weeks later
#5487 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Chas misunderstood and congratulated me on fixing my board...lol. Guess I’ll try reflow the solder to LED 6...hope I’m as successful as he thinks I was. Wish me luck! My soldering iron is a basic 30 watt from Radio Shack...this is the one I use on other jobs on my pins, but is this ok for board work? I’m such a hack with soldering.

You just need to melt one bit of solder and let it cool again, it should be fine as long as the tip is small enough not to accidentally hit another solder pad at the same time, don't want to bridge them together

#5490 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I tried. The reflow didn’t look pretty, but was done...damn those are small solders. Unfortunately, I still had to apply stiff lateral pressure to get the LED to light. First I tried to solder the leg I though was affected...way to small to do. Then I tried to bend it lateral...didn’t work. I suspect the fracture was just inside the LED and couldn’t be fixed. Chas emailed me that if I failed he get me a replacement. Nothing but good things to say about Stern support.

Probably a replacement LED could fix it, but you'd need to know the part number to match the color and intensity and I doubt that's listed in their 'schematics'

#5512 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I love all the "math scoring" whining. The machine literally does the math for you. All you have to know is higher multiplier is better than lower multiplier, and if you make the little X light in front of a lit shot green, it will multiply it's value by whatever number is at the top of the display. There is exactly zero math that you need to do. And it couldn't be any easier to understand how to build the multiplier...just hit the targets in front of the little screen. It doesn't even matter which one. It even makes an easy to recognize sound when it's about to expire so you know to hit it again. It is literally the easiest to understand shot multipliers in any game I have ever played.
People are weird.

I don't think how the multiplying works is the complaint so much as the moving of them. It always takes a few tries for me to explain to someone what red vs green means, how to move them, etc. It's not hard once you get it, but it's not a common pinball concept (as most things in Star Wars aren't)

#5521 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I had a bug happen on my SW just now that I never experienced before. But I remember reading complaints about it. a long time ago... in a forum post...
I shot endor to start a mode and when I selected the mode, the ball unlocked, my flippers were dead, and the ball drained.
Is this bug still happening to others? I thought I read that this one had been sorted out.

They added a fix for when the post fails to grab the ball. If you drain during mode select there should be a ball save.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

For example, trying to move the multiplier around for every jackpot shot in a multiball = bad.

I might be misremembering, but I thought that during older versions of the code the TF SJP was the sum of all your jackpots, instead of being a flat (buildable) value, which was much more interesting. Instead of mostly ignoring TF I would purposely try to shoot every JP multiplied hoping for a huge SJP. Not the way I'd want to play most of the game but it was a cool way to play, juggling the balls etc

#5524 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m not sure where the tie fighter super JP is. That very well could be deleted too.

Left ramp

But also remember that it gets narrower so even parking you'll miss a lot of those

#5526 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sweet!

Yes, exactly. Parking a multiplier on the 3 main shots (Death Star, Endor, Hoth) still keeps you on your toes to move it as it moves from 3 multipliers to 2 to 1. But all in all as we can see; moving the multiplier around isn't as critical as some people make it out to be. Just keeping it on these 3 main shots is the biggest factor for most the scoring opportunities.

Yep. It's more about knowing where the points are and when to risk it than moving it all the time. Although moving it all the time can be a fun challenge by itself

#5533 1 year ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Until about a week ago, my scoop shot a little lower than center on the left flipper. Strangely, it pretty consistently shoots SDTM now even though I haven't altered the pitch or even taken the glass off since it was previously working. Is the consensus that bending the guide is the best fix?
Thanks

Have you updated the code? Could have reset the adjustment

#5538 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That said...any tips on actually finishing the planet multiballs? I am generally terrible at them and have only seen a Victory multiball a handful of times. I've made it though Endor a few times, but the others maybe once each. I find myself playing defense and just trying to stay alive during multiballs on this game rather than being able to concentrate on the right shots. That and I'm not sure what the right shots are for each.

Do you know all the shot sequences? I find that this game, more than any others, really require you to know what shots you need to be making. I always try to catch all the balls and pick off shots one by one after I've lit my add-a-ball.

#5541 1 year ago

Noticed an interesting 'bug'. Was playing Tattoine II and Hoth II, both of which are death star hurry-ups. I tried to light both at once by shooting the right ramp (which was flashing orange and blue), but only blue flashed at the death star. I wondered if it was 2 orange ramps, so I shot another, but it still didn't light orange at the death star. Shot the death star anyway, and got credit for both modes. Seems the blue hurry-up overrode the orange hurry-up for some reason, instead of alternating? Weird

#5546 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's definitely part of my problem. I never seem to be able to look at the lit shots to see what I need and aim for them. I have a really hard time getting control and trapping on this game...much more so than on any of my others...so it just ends up being a flail fest of failure. I gotta work on that whole "Play Better" thing!

It's even tougher than just looking at the lit shots because they're not always required. For instance in Tattooine MB both ramps, the right loop, and the right scoop can be lit, but only the left ramp and right loop advance you through the mode, the other shots just build your point values. It's a bit confusing, I wish there was some way to differentiate progress shots from other mode shots, but in the end you need to just learn the modes and pay attention

2 weeks later
#5587 1 year ago

After you do all the modes you still need to do the other objectives before you can face the emperor?

#5624 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

EDIT: wishlist item:
+ we have cool options in the adjustments with stacking modes, multiballs, or turning stacking off. I'd like another option for stacking off - start random mission: this basically starts a random mission from the shot you made. So if you shoot hoth, you will only start a hoth mission. Shoot Death Star, you will only start a Death Star mission and it's a random select. This would be a fun home use setting for advanced players.

I'd even like a 'start any random mission or stack' or 'select random hero' option

#5654 1 year ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Has there been a definitive in depth tutorial on the game with at least semi recent code? I absolutely love the code on GOT and want to fall in love with this game from the same creative team.

The rulesheet on tiltforums is pretty accurate. Or do you mean a video tutorial?

#5657 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

> T-1: Shoot 4 shots to complete. I believe these are left inner orbit, right inner orbit, right ramp, right outter loop. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard

It's five shots. Left orbit too iirc

Quoted from Eskaybee:

> E-2: Shoot ramps alternately left/right/left/right etc... This has a hurry up and if the timer runs out before you hit a lit ramp the mode will reset. SKB Difficulty meter: Very Hard.

If the timer runs out you need to hit drops to relight ramps. I think the timer is only for pairs of ramps. After the second ramp you have more time to hit the third to start the next pair

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Endor Multiball: Shoot the ramps a few times to light death star hurryup, then shoot death star. If hurryup timer runs out, start over. SKB Meter difficulty: Easy

Ramps and also right inner loop. Seems to take less shots to relight if hurry up runs out

Quoted from Eskaybee:

> H-2: Shoot blue shots. I think its 2 ramps, then 2 outter orbits, then 1 inner orbit. SKB Difficulty Meter: Hard

Final right inner orbit can be timed out

#5667 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The mini LCD inside the game is basically one of the "toys" which likely ate a lot of the BOM up. I wonder if they could have forgone the extra LCD and added a few other features instead. The LCD is cool and helpful, but it really doesn't feel like you'd be missing much if it was gone... and maybe we'd feel like the game wasnt so barren if the LCD translated into another 2 or 3 cheaper playfield features scattered around.

I definitely remember an interview where they said that the LCD did cost a fortune, but Steve really wanted to have it

Quoted from Psw757:

I think they could use it a bit more than it is currently coded for. 90% of the time it's just tie fighters.

Imagine if they actually told you your mode goals on there!

#5677 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

On thing I would change if I could would be to only show tie fighter hurry up on the mini lcd, not the main one. That way you can still see what other stuff is going on.
Rob

Especially what number of tie fighters you already have!

#5680 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That is already shown at the top of the mini lcd. How many you have and how many to the next hurry up.
Rob

Not once the hurry-up starts

#5687 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just wondering about parts longer term. The mini LCD display - 535-1592 - is not for sale anywhere. Nor is the screen protector plastic that goes infront of it.
Don't need right now but surely these kinds of parts should be available for spares?

IIRC it's a standard HDMI cable, so worst case there will be plenty of substitutes available?

#5689 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

He is talking about the display, not the cable.

So was I. My point being that it's not some proprietary protocol or anything. You could just plug any HDMI display in and it should work (resolution withstanding). I'd bet there's also a manufacturer part number somewhere on the display if anyone has taken it out.

#5691 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I've been playing for a while now, thinking that the bonus multiplier was what gives a bunch of points in video mode. Seems that isn't the case, sometimes I get like 6million, sometimes 175 million. What am I doing?

Shot multiplier on the shot that starts video mode

#5694 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Aaah. The hoth shot.... I didn't know it had to be that last one, thought it was just the multiplier level that was showing.....

I think it might depend on what shot you use to start it. Eg if you had hoth lit but shot the left ramp for endor, and then chose video mode (hoth I), then the multiplier would need to be on the left ramp, not hoth?

#5695 1 year ago

Streamed some play on Star Wars analyzing scoring in different modes and how to build up scoring values if anyone is interest

#5699 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I'm assuming, to get Multiballs in the hyper loop. You'd have to start a Multiball and hit a hurry up?
Or is there a hyper loop mutliball?

Hyper space multiball from collecting 2 hyperspace hurry ups.

#5724 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Why is that sometimes the targets are lit in a light blue color?
By shooting those - what do you achieve?

Light blue /shots/ are combos, if that's what you mean. Shoot them for extra points. When not in a mode/MB, they'll light the shot white for progress towards Boba Fett.

Quoted from Riffbear:

Also how do you light Extra ball?

EB is lit after a set number of mode completions (configurable in the menu) as well as after a certain amount of TIE fighters (default 100). On the status report there's a screen detailing which ways to get the EB you've used and which are still available.

#5727 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

You also get a fixed EB as you fight the Emperor, but I don't think that counts .

Hey, it's a strategy!

#5732 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Sometimes when I start a game I have 10 points before anything happens? Is this a fault?
I don't know anything on the playfield that scores 10 points

The slingshots and the rubber below the spinner probably