20220111_194829 (resized).jpg
30B6D9F0-9170-42B7-B7CD-5CB380787B59 (resized).jpeg
E18BA1D1-EA80-4698-8B6D-EB56B60E1EA7 (resized).jpeg
20220106_223045 (resized).jpg
Light Saber (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3130 3 years ago

Joined the club this weekend

IMG_20180204_002253008 (resized).jpg

#3156 3 years ago

Just installed Doug's speaker light kit....love it!

IMG_20180208_235314709 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180208_235304417 (resized).jpg

#3160 3 years ago
Quoted from Rschuetter:

On the positive side the Stargate PinBlades look pretty cool on it.

Wow, they do look cool! Got a pic with those pinstadium lights turned on?

#3163 3 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

Can you post a link to order? If not where to go. I agree with you from the pics
Thanks

Speakerlightkits.com
I have them on all of my dmd games, this is my first gynormous speaker set

#3177 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

My local distributor had them in stock. Gameroom Guys in Michigan. Not sure yet if I’m going to sell the other 2 sets, but here is what they look like. Also don’t like that Stern didn’t do the smooth Lock down bar to match the side armor.

Your lockdown bar is different than your side armor??

1 week later
#3369 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I've had this happen once too. I would think this is the shooter lane switch not registering correctly.... only happened to me once to not quite yet worth looking into.

Same here..... Happened once and I thought "aaah, shit" hasn't happened since. Does that count as a successful repair ?

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Lit up the X-Wing Millennium Falcon with a short piece of blue EL wire! Looks like the perfect shade of blue!
Now to go mount it in the game!

Cool!

#3431 3 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Does anyone else have an issue where shooting the left loop has a high percentage of going SDTM at high speed? Is there an adjustment that can be made to address this? It can be really frustrating at times. I'm on a pro so my death star shots are all left loop.

That happens to me as well

#3462 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I like that...I actually just bought some black T molding....was it hard? my T molding seems stiff so was a little worried about the corners? any advice would be appreciated.

I put green molding on my GB. I was a little I timidated, but there are some YouTube videos . You cut little wedges out on the corners from the back piece so makes the curve nicely. Not hard to do at all. I like the white on SW, though.

#3466 3 years ago

Well, unfortunately they are probably listing the correct price. I guess toppers are 5 bills now. This will make ghostbusters and star wars two pins I have without toppers. As much as I like the gb topper, I just can’t bring myself to do it.

#3475 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What price were you expecting? The $400 toppers Stern has sold are light show interactive only. The $500 toppers seem to actually have moving parts - dragon wings (GOT), rotating (well sort of) beacons (GB).

Yeah, GB has no moving parts. It's plastic and LEDs.

#3510 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

How does one preserve audits and such whilst updating the code?

One loses one's audits and such.

#3512 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Well gosh darn it. That's something up with which I'd rather not put.

LMAO, Thou shalt have to putteth up

1 week later
#3718 3 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

i totally agree and was dissapointed 1.01 did not offer a way to pass on light saber duel. It never fails to interrupt me when I am just about to start a planet multiball. By then I am on ball 3 and I drain during L.S. duel. All mission starts already offer a PASS option. It would be awesome if when L.S. duel interrupts and you are forced to shoot left ramp(as it normally is): Ball is held on left return ramp(as it normally is), then: left flipper button = start duel, right flipper button = pass. Problem solved! Continue where you were at prior to interruption.

I'm glad to hear your Flipper Fidelity speaker kit sounded good for you, that is encouraging. I installed the SAM kit in my Stern STLE according to the directions. Really not much to it. The bass simply over whelmed the vocals & call-outs so that it is very hard to understand them. The game has no bass & treble controls so that leaves you stuck with only volume control(and I did get the separate volume control for the speaker panel speakers). What you get is what you get. For me it was muffled down vocals that are much harder to understand and lots of bass in the music & sound effects(this is what I mean by "unbalanced sound"). I will call Mike and see what he has to say however. Thanks for your input.

My flipper fidelity speakers sound great in SW

2 weeks later
#4051 3 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Just picked up this little guy at a Toys R Us Closing Sale for $27. He makes a nice little topper for now!

I wouldn't call that a "little" topper.

3 weeks later
#4282 3 years ago

So, it's either looking at the floor or staring up at the ceiling.....

1 week later
#4448 3 years ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

No offense, but that is complete nonsense. If I wasn’t so far away I would come and adjust it for you. Any way I can help remotely?
BTW can I interest you in the metal laser engraved instruction card to match the signature plate? Already have another reservation from OZ and could combine shipping.

Where is this card available? Sounds cool.

#4453 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Looking to add side art or mirrors to my machine. Before I go ordering, I was wondering if someone who bought the Stern Side art blades would be willing to sell a pair of their extras. PM me if you have any you want to sell.

I bought mirror blades at Allentown, got home all excited to put them in SW, and Bam.....not enough clearance for them

#4455 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What do you mean? I have them in mine

I can only barely fit one side in, and have zero clearance to put the other in. I imagine each cab is slightly different, but mine is too tight. So disappointed.

#4462 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

That sucks. Mine came from cointaker. Fit perfectly

Yeah, I got mine from Cointaker also. There is no room to slide the playfield over after the first side was in.

#4465 3 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Hmm, that stinks. I was able to do it on my Pro no problem. You're the only person that I've seen have this issue, maybe go back and be doubly, triply, extraly sure?

Yeah, believe me, I tried, I really like the look on this game .

#4474 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Why would you not be able to show something that someone is selling?

I'm going to go out on a limb here.. . Copyright infringement?

#4486 3 years ago
Quoted from francky93:

LED corner legs installed in my Premium

That looks sick!

#4497 3 years ago

Downloaded onto a memory stick.......and a full on lightning storm. I'm too chicken to turn the game on and let it update

#4507 3 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Woh, there is now another sound clip of Jabba speaking his native language when you lose a ball. If that was there before, I never heard it.

I heard it too, definitely wasn't there before.

#4605 3 years ago

Oh, boy.......

#4615 3 years ago

I reported it to Chaz - he will forward it to the software guys.
Thanks also for the silicone spray tip. I'll maybe try this as a temporary fix. An upgraded button from alloy might be a good mod to make.

Yeah, but ya need to see the light thru it.

#4649 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I went to help my dad with installing Chrome Candy blades (which look awesome btw) on his Star Wars Premium and found there is no room at all between the playfield and the sides of the cabinet. Definitely no room for blades. I'm not sure if art blades would even fit. The playfield scrapes the sides when you lift the playfield. I'm going to hold onto the blades for my SW premium I'll be getting in 3 weeks, hoping there's more room in my cabinet.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes. Blades won't fit on my SW or AC/DC

#4662 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I also got mine from Cointaker.
I know not everybody likes mirrorblades, but I love how they look on my premium, in my opinion.
They are a tight fit in this machine, but with the pf up, you can nudge the pf to the left and right a couple centimeters, and make it work no problem.

On your game, maybe. Definitely not on mine. I wanted these to fit so bad because I love the look, but no dice.

#4669 3 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

I have mirror blades on both Star Wars Pro and AC/DC Pro. Are your machines premiums?

ACDC premium and GBLE. Neither have the room. I was all excited to get blades for SW and after being pissed they don't fit I figured "well, at least I can put them in ACDC." Just as tight believe me, if they could fit, I would install them.

#4741 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone buy the Stern shooter yet?
Wondering what it looks like installed.

Found this pic of one installed....

true-wildlife-african-wild-ass1 (resized).jpg

#4776 3 years ago

I have a set of mirror blades that wouldn't fit in my game. I took the protective file off but never installed them. If anyone local to North Jersey wants them, I would sell. I just got them from Cointaker at the Allentown show.

#4792 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I played some more SW this am. I increased my balls to 6. I was able to get past some of boba fett escape. I did that light saber duel and also speeder bike chase.. all in all a very good experience. Its a little frustrating because I got to the part where battle above endor flashes, then it went into light saber duel , it light switced modes on me. Im also not a big fan of the asteroid video mode, its kind of lame. Just my 2 cents
Mo

try 7 ball

1 week later
#4963 3 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

We’ll I went with the tried and true giggle everything method. I did this a bit last night and it still seemed sticky. Then this AM it has been working like normal. Go figure... thanks for the schematics and suggestions.

Does this method require someone tickling you?

1 week later
#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

According to the designer, yes. The solid orange means that hitting it will advance you towards your Tatooine modes. The left ramp is lit green and right loop blue, similarly. After three hits to the scoop it should light the modes

Mine kicks out smoothly along the the right sling and onto the right flipper consistently.

#5041 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I've never actually looked at the youtube vid where SR describes what it should do, but I know on mine it's either too powerful and bounces off the right all over like a bucking bronco, or not powerful enough = down the drain.
Perhaps I need to go in and adjust one click at a time to test.

Thanks s how I got mine dialed in just right.

#5056 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I keep spending the money earmarked for the damn topper! First a color DMD for my Met Pro and now an Apple Watch. I’m afraid expectations are so high now that it won’t ever come out...because Stern knows what we expect after waiting so long.

I don't care anymore. I've gotten used to it already and really don't have the desire to spend a gazillion more dollars on the game

#5065 3 years ago

Pingraffix siderail mod

IMG_20180621_232919820 (resized).jpgIMG_20180621_233000112 (resized).jpgIMG_20180621_233009586 (resized).jpg
#5068 3 years ago

Joe's set is white when off, not pink at all. Here is a pic with them off. Obviously you must remove the siderails and unbolt the hinges from inside the head to install, but electric wise it's one plug.
You can adjust the brightness, and set it to steady on or variable speed blinking on and off. I like them on steady at full brightness.

IMG_20180622_093928175 (resized).jpg

#5072 3 years ago

How is this connect to the electrics? Does it require drilling?

No drilling. You remove two nuts from a metal shield in the back box and plug into a connector.

#5117 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Saw that new code was updated, seems like mostly some system level cleanup items. One item that stood out to me is
Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu
UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM". The amplifier
power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker type.
has anyone had problems with any of their speakers that may have resulted in this addition to the adjustments? or is this more for the folks who want to change out the stock speakers for something else?

Updated recently?

#5134 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s awesome! What breed of dog?

LOL!

Seriously, though... I doubt anyone buying an LE is gonna think it's a fake without that.

#5137 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea clearly not but I am sure people like to have it .. had been meaning to frame it my bad

Good thing you didn't frame it.... You'd be at the vet having glass removed

#5171 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Well I hope you are right. I just wonder why it could be taking so long. My fear is that Disney won't like a toy that can light up, spin its head and make noise because people will be buying them who don't even have the pinball machine. They might be making Stern neuter it to be only usable as a topper.

I would think they wouldn't care what people do with them as long as they get paid, no?

#5208 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There are thumb screws to adjust the closure point of the DS (at least I think there are two, maybe just one, been a while since I messed with it) that should help you out with that. Check the manual for location, thumb screw(s) won’t leap out at you when viewed from above.

The thumb screws are under the playfield?

#5210 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Nope, above the playfield but just under the DS itself, so not easily visible from above. Should be pictured in the manual.

Thank you. I never knew that. Mine stays just a teeny bit open and it has never bothered me enough to mess with it, but now I feel like I have to

#5226 3 years ago

Actually made me go to the website to make sure this was a joke!

1 week later
#5287 3 years ago

My deathstar won't open.

Because I suck and choke everytime I need to make that tight friggin shot!

#5354 3 years ago

I have and love this game, but I don't know the movies enough to know what the hell you guys are talking about

#5383 3 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

What do you think? Which color looks better?

I like the bluish white, but I can't resist leaving mine on color change. I wish there were a way to make it cycle thru just two or three colors .

1 week later
#5440 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I can see why they’d keep it secret.

LMAO!

#5444 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Thanks for the info. I found it pretty underwhelming integration wise in Ghostbusters.

What?! The super jackpot sequence alone makes it worth it on GB!

#5476 3 years ago

Pinball machines are exactly the same as cars.

2 weeks later
#5599 3 years ago

I have only backhanded the deathstar accidentally on the fly. Never from cradling the ball and trying.

#5603 3 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I saw some posts on this current page referencing the shaker motor - I've just installed one in the premium. The setting in the service menu is for Maximum usage and a coil test did get the motor to shake a bit. Is there a mode or action that really gets the shaker going??

Video mode

#5617 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

IKEA has a Deathstar light. Luckily my wife is as big a geek as me...and loves Star Wars.
[quoted image]

Ha! We saw that in Ikea and kids were waiting on the strings you pull to open and close it

#5635 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Don't get me wrong, I like Yoda but those 2-3 quotes have to be the most repetitive obnoxious thing in pinball.
Someone needs to email Stern some ideas here. They need some variety.

LOL..... I skip them Every. Single. Time.

#5668 3 years ago

Obviously can't be added, but I always thought the three targets under the LCD should drop down to reveal a ball lock, like AFM saucer target bank.

#5690 3 years ago

I've been playing for a while now, thinking that the bonus multiplier was what gives a bunch of points in video mode. Seems that isn't the case, sometimes I get like 6million, sometimes 175 million. What am I doing?

#5693 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Yep. Build up a 40x multiplier and move it to the Hoth orbit and BOOM! Huge video mode points

Aaah. The hoth shot.... I didn't know it had to be that last one, thought it was just the multiplier level that was showing.....

#5706 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Here you go! Anyone who doesn’t want to see the Emperor get his ass kicked in 1:30 don’t watch. This could be the quickest I have ever beat him... he didn’t get a shot in on me. Enjoy!!!

[quoted image]

. I swear I didn't even know that mode existed....

#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine was like that after I installed Titan rubbers. Was convenient because I could trigger it by flipping so I could time out LSD.

Cheater!

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I can even backhand the left orbit on mine. My left flipper can make every single shot in the game, now that I think about it. How many other games can do that?

Betcha can't nail the drops with it

#5769 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't really think of them as a shot, but

NICE!

1 week later
#5825 3 years ago

I have flipper fidelity and an external sub and mmmmmm..... It sounds good

1 week later
#5917 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

SOHCAHTOA: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/geometry/hs-geo-trig/hs-geo-trig-ratios-intro/v/basic-trigonometry-ii
The math is fairly straightforward as it's basic trig where the height of an object is the tangent of the angle multiplied by the distance. Example: If you use a 12 inch bubble level and want a 6.5 degree table angle, the end of the level needs to be 1.367" (roughly 1 3/8") off the table with a centered bubble. (TAN 6.5 degrees * 12" = 1.367")

LOL.... I have no idea why they call us nerds

2 weeks later
#5949 3 years ago

Someone on a Facebook group had suggested this Hallmark ornament. At first I cringed at adding a toy to the playfield. I looked around at ways to paint it to "weather" it similar to the look on the stock toys, and its actually really easy. Figured I can always just take it back out of the game, so I gave it a shot.
I really like it. Just made a little bracket to attach to an existing screw, and there is already a spot light right behind the mini LCD that barely lights up part of the deathstar, so I aimed it at the x wing. Doesn't block my view of anything, so I think it may stay.

IMG_20181012_225633112 (resized).jpgIMG_20181012_230543050 (resized).jpg

IMG_20181012_230555168 (resized).jpgIMG_20181013_103324852 (resized).jpg
#5953 3 years ago

I used he same technique as when I did the bones on my scared stiff ramp years ago. First ,I unscrewed the tiny brass hanging thingie from the top of the ship used to hang it on a Christmas tree, and snipped off the wires coming out of the bottom. mixed black and a little red water based paint then diluted it with a tiny bit of water. Used a brush to paint the whole thing. Now it looks horrible, like ya screwed up ... Let it dry for a few minutes, then take a damp paper towel and start rubbing it off. Front to back, so it looks like it kinda streaked that way from flying. You can take as much off as you want, and if you take too much off you can always add more and repeat.
I left quite a bit on, so it almost matches the ship that came stock up front. (Although I wish that one looked more realistic).
For a bracket, I just cut a piece of scrap metal about 3" long and a half inch wide and drilled a hole in each end so I could screw it into the back of the ship with a 90 degree bend and screw the long end onto the stock spot that holds the clear plastic on the game in the back right corner. Had to use a longer screw to go thru the bracket and the plastic on the game. Thanks guys, I was thinking everyone was going to tell me how I bastardized the game because something wasn't to scale or something

2 weeks later
#6007 3 years ago

Whichever price it is, it saved me that much. Hard pass.

4 weeks later
#6062 3 years ago

Green on green for me!

IMG_20170916_190010644 (resized).jpg
#6064 3 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Is that the Jabba version? Never seen that.

It's an LE. It comes with black t molding on the head, which I changed out for green to better match the slimer theme.

TheLaw, I give you credit for being a dedicated hater

#6066 3 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

What does GB slimer le have to do with star wars pinball?

LMAO! I totally didn't realize I was in the wrong thread!

#6070 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And you thought I downvoted you for the color, how dare you sir.

LMAO, I got so sidetracked by the t molding talk!

#6078 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Here's my update to the sticky post "Summary of shots needed for modes." (I'm unable to edit the original post)
Newly Added:
DS4: Destroy the Death Star
H4: Escape from Hoth
T4: Escape from Tatooine
E4: Battle above Endor
Lightsaber Duel
Combos & Escape from Boba Fett Activation
Escape from Boba Fett
Defeat the Emperor (Jedi Multiball)
Also added:
Icons for: Points, Hurry-Ups, Adding Time and Non Compulsory Shots that can be timed-out.
Note: Much of this was tested on a SW Premium using Code 1.03 and should be 100% compatible with the current latest code (1.05). All shots are compatible with the Pro model; just ignore the Fork Ramp icon (||) for the Left Loop shots. If you find any errors please point them out I'll do my best to update the post ASAP.
Click of the images below to view them in their proper resolution.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy hell... I'm starting to think I'm not "into" pinball as much as some of you guys. I don't think nearly this much when I play a game!

2 weeks later
#6197 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'll also mention just for the sake of conversation, jjp is on pinside communicating with us. We know they are working on updates, and acknowledge bugs we submit. It would be nice to hear from stern more with better time tables. How do you think GB owners felt last week when my Metallica got an update? It just seems odd that it's Dwight's games typically lacking finish.
Sorry to derail thread BTW. I'm really looking at getting a SW premium, but listening to several owners complain about wizard modes and scoring made me wonder why. Thanks for the input on the game. Still would like to hear more about opinions from owners.

I felt pretty good! I would love a GB update, but my Metallica got even better

#6231 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, the large switch that looks like a gate at the opening of the Death Star shot
WTF SW do you have?

Must be a "pro" thing.

#6237 3 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

I had the same problem with the Death Star forks not holding the ball. Looked under the playfield and to my surprise the bottom plate had come loose and that the screw and the spring were laying on the bottom of the cabinet. Fixed that and still realized that the linkage that holds the forks was also loose. Tightened it all up and have not had any problems since. Holds the ball up in very well now.

Yep.took me a while to figure out where that screw went! I was tinkering with the playfield up and found the pieces in the bottom of the can, never knew there was a problem.

#6267 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

With regards to the subwoofer, you can select the ohms in the menu, 8 or 4 for either Blackbox or cabinet speakers.

I know the game is fast, but didn't know it had a black box!

4 weeks later
#6352 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Do you guys have it on 5 ball? If not change your settings to five ball, I have never been able to blow up Death Star on three ball.

Ugh..... Never.

#6358 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That's funny-I used to be like you when I first got into the hobby(self-proclaimed purist). I had the perception that a game should be set up as close to what people would play at a tournament or event. 3 Ball, wide open lanes, no ball save, no extra balls, basically kick you in the nuts on every game. I then had the realization that I do not give a shit if it set up as "Tournament" style or not. To me I would rather have fun and progress further. Star Wars is a game where(unless you are a really good player) that it is almost mandatory to set up on five ball. The game is so fast and has some cheap drains which can be frustrating when you are trying to progress. So I have it on five ball and out of almost every game played, I get at least two cheap drains-so it evens out. Are all of my games on 5 ball-hell no. I can't imagine LOTR and others on 5 ball-it would be torture. I have also decided to leave my out lanes wide open and I like my games at a slightly aggressive pitch.
Long story short-Guys don't be afraid to change your settings to 5 ball or adjust your out lanes, etc. on this title. Do what YOU have to do to make the game fun to play. Now make those adjustments and destroy that damn Death Star!

I'm not a purist, by any means. I have things set up to give extra balls, so I at least feel like I kinda "earned" them. But setting to 5 ball, to me, removes the pressure to do well in order to advance and see what the game has to offer. Every time I have a great game in 3 ball I get to see a little more and the frustration of "almost getting there" keeps me coming back for more. 5 ball ruins all that and feels more like cheating to me. It's like downloading a cheat code on a video game where I already am given all the good weapons.

#6382 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone install the air all protector for sale on the Mezel website? One piece extending from 3 bank below lcd across to the tie fighter and ramp. I’ve already replaced one tie fighter from an air ball that took a wing off, replacement is $75.

Really? This is the first I have heard of this. I have never noticed any airball like that.

#6416 2 years ago

Just enjoy the shake.... Holy crap!

#6426 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Played a SW pro on location and inner horseshoe loop/death star shot kept draining SDTM very often when hit with any pace on the ball. Boomerang drains.
I’m sure it was discussed before. But what was the fix. Pitch angel, tape, or just bad ‘play better’ design?

Play a premium or LE

#6434 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The center button also launches an extra ball when flashing orange during multi-ball modes by holding it for one second. This will also turn off your multipliers, so hit it again to re-enable them.

I ALWAYS look up and realize I've been playing with the multipliers off after adding a ball. Never fails!

#6438 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You don't need to look up. If the X arrows are red they are off.

Yes, that's what I meant. Look up from my multiball flipper tunnel vision

1 week later
#6487 2 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all, i search a new pinball for my collection : deadpool and iron maiden. Is SW premium a good choice ? I have read a lot of negative things about this pinball.
Is it great ? A good choice ? Not boring ?
Thanks for your answer ;o)

Umm... You're in the star wars club thread. Not too many of us think it's boring

2 weeks later
#6626 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

LOL, are you looking for the power switch? The power switches on Stern games with Spike systems are located on the lower right bottom of the backbox instead of the usual spot by the right front leg on the bottom of the cabinet. I notice you posted this question 4 hours ago, so you might've found it by now.

Pretty sure he's being sarcastic and suggesting that people are asking questions easily answered by opening the manual.

#6648 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Impressive especially for a premium. How many plays in that 2 weeks? I think the Game is a little too easy on factory. Try setting extra balls max to 1, extra balls from missions off, tie fighter extra ball at 100, hyperspace and tie fighter on extra hard, victory multiball ball saver at 5 secs.

Also try wearing an eye patch and rollerskates.

#6675 2 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I've had it 6 days and wish I could reduce the video mode. I think you can decrease the duration of it in the adjustment settings.

There's your in incentive to play better. If you don't hit asteroids, it doesnt shake at all

#6683 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I like it. It's a throwback to retro gaming. Gyruss is the game it pays homage to.

It would be cool if ya could shoot too

4 weeks later
#6858 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

My hole was off center and I had to egg shape mine to get it to work.

I hate when that happens......

2 weeks later
#6964 2 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

Thanks so much, I tested the lamp (181) and it does not light up at all. I'll see if I can do what the previous poster suggested. It is all very intimidating to do for your 1st time, so I want to ensure that I don't mess anything up. I have a 1 year warranty from the place I purchased the machine however I would like to be able to do some of this stuff myself. You never learn if you don't try. Thanks so much for all your help.

There is one up in the back that isn't always lit. I thought I had a bad bulb, but it comes on once a game is started.

#6986 2 years ago

Hey, has anyone replaced a blue led from the g.i.? The top view rated off one of mine under the lower lane guide. They are branded "stern" so I emailed them. They sent part number 112-5034-05. I searched stern site and elsewhere, but j can't seem to locate one.
Thanks in advance.

#6989 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Stern uses Comet leds. That's what I was told. Call Comet and inquire.

Thanks!

Edit* per comet, they do not supply stern their bulbs.

1 week later
#7062 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are we going to see a topper tomorrow for may the fourth be with you day?

No.

#7073 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah man ! I was so close to selling mine because i thought it was dumb and hard but man it’s one of the best pins out there. Still hard but hey .. keeps u wanting to play more !

"Dumb and hard" was my nickname in college.

#7078 2 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

Maybe someone can help me. My tie fighter flasher keeps failing. I take the glass of an make adjustments and after a few games it goes back out. Any suggestions? I am not exactly sure how to reseat it so I haven't taken it apart. Has anyone? If so can you explain what I need to do to ensure there are clean connections. I have a year warranty with the machine but feel this is the kind of thing that I should at least learn to fix myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A flasher under the playfield?

#7080 2 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

No the flasher behind the lcd screen that is facing the tie fighter. Attached to the same stand above is the flasher pointing at the Death Star.

I know that some of those aren't on all the time, and come on in certain modes. Could that be the case? At least one is off during attract mode when others are on. I'm not near my game right now to tell which ones, but I thought a bulb was out up there too, until I pushed start and it came on.

#7083 2 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

No when I go back into the diagnostic menu and turn the flasher on nothing happens. I adjust it and it starts flashing, but when I start playing it quits. When I go back into diagnostics it is no longer working again.

Aaaah.... I would try removing the bulb from the socket and bending each contact wire on the base slightly out towards the edge of the base. This can make a better connection for the bulb when ya plug it back in.

#7092 2 years ago

Is there somewhere to download a version with modified music? I have an altered version of Ghostbusters that I like way more than the original music, and I'd be open to hearing something different as Starwars kicks my ass

#7104 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

That's right, Pinball MIX specializes in mixing your favorite music into your favorite machine. Not just throwing songs in ... but professionally cutting and leveling them for an overall enhanced experience with your game. Think of it as the audio version of Color DMD.
I am about to launch a series of short videos to Demo what can be done. All on Star Wars. Keep an eye on the main Pinball MIX thread today to catch all of them.
Here is one for Luke's ENDOR 2 and a teaser of Boba (including boosted audio for video clips):

Is that carnival music in the background on the original? I have never noticed it.

#7164 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Excellent question.
When you hire Pinball MIX to make a custom mix, if there is a future code update for the machine, you are entitled to have your Music Mix adapted to the new code for an extremely low flat rate.
Best to PM Pinball Mix for details.

I love how you refer to yourself in the 3rd person. . There are a few guys in this hobby that help each other out in this regard for the love of the hobby rather than to make a buck. Just sayin'.

2 weeks later
#7281 2 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Yes. The 'Escape' light will light too.
On delivery, my gate would open 40% to clog the lane and stop the ball. I spent a bit of time working on it. In the end the coil mount/bracket was ever-so-slightly out-of-square. The small loss in coil-gap translated into a significant loss of rotation with the play-field's arm.
I'm curious if you feel resistance/binding if the arm is swung by hand?

Also, check settings and make sure it isn't disabled.

3 months later
#7576 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hard to photograph, but here’s the idea. It’s much longer than it appears. Foreshortening.
That’s what she said...[quoted image]

Starbucks?

#7578 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Oh yeah. Prizes for taking me off the leaderboard at a recent pinball night in the basement.

Ha! I may have to try that with my kids! Great idea.

2 weeks later
#7630 2 years ago

New art looks silly to me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside