IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7386 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

That's the dumbest idea ever. Steve Ritchie himself said he wanted the player to need to make that risk vs reward choice. Relocating the button is a great way to mess up the game.

One million percent this. Might as well install a foot pedal for it.

#7393 4 years ago

Not sure if this game will get another update (I don't think it needs one), but I would love to see a hard difficulty setting for missions with no stacking + no spotted missions at all. I don't care that much about having to play Luke v. Vader when I chose R2/Han/Leia for my character and it not making sense movie-wise. I want to have to run all 16 modes.

#7400 4 years ago

I have a lighting issue where all of the following lights have gone out: FORCE, Lightsaber Duel, Jedi Multiball, Hoth Missions, Death Star Missions, large Endor insert, Super Jackpot.

Not getting any node warnings and they don't work in the tests either. Any ideas on the best way to diagnose this further would be greatly appreciated.

#7403 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Reseat all the connectors in that chain, or just try wiggling them, see if they come back. Even when I had half my lights unplugged I never got any warnings, I don't think it detects it for some reason

I traced all of the CN3 and CN1 lines through the boards that were not working. Did not notice anything loose, but gave everything in the chain a little rogering and the lights all fired back up again

Appreciate it greatly!

1 week later
#7425 4 years ago

Have an issue where the right flipper will stop working after playing for a while. The button works, i.e. the leaf switch inside is touching and I can still move the multiplier etc. with the right button, but the coil does not engage at all.

Probably something simple to diagnose and fix but not sure what to check next.

1 month later
#7508 4 years ago

Ugh, after seeing all these threads about pooling clearcoat around the slings I checked all of my tables... my Star Wars premium is the only one that has the issue, and it doesn't look major yet, but it definitely exists

#7509 4 years ago

Looks like there is actually some chipping already as well at the Jedi target to the left of the Tatooine/Mystery scoop

Not even sure what can be done about this. I bought the machine NIB a few months ago. Guess I have to reach out to distro first.

Will post pics if anyone cares to share in my misery.

#7511 4 years ago

Pics of clear bunching under the bottom sling posts:
IMG_20190823_203452968 (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203452968 (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203525789_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203525789_HDR (resized).jpg

#7512 4 years ago

Somewhat harder to see but the clear is peeling up at the bottom of the right orbit guide:

IMG_20190823_203807350 (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203807350 (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203830138 (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203830138 (resized).jpg
#7514 4 years ago

I don't mind putting washers down under the slings but I am concerned about the peeling clearcoat at the orbit.

Not sure how I contact Chas. I don't want to annoy Stern either by trying to contact them directly :/ Is it OK to contact him or should I work through my distributor?

#7517 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

At the orbit, that doesn't look like a clear issue, it looks like the ball guide had been impacted and is shifting, therefore scratching the playfield. Make sure the ball guide is tight. There should be nuts under the playfield. As for the slings, that seems pretty minimal compared to some of the newer issues, assuming it doesn't get larger or chip.

I think the ball guide might have been overly tightened. It appears to be digging into the clear but does not shift around or move at all.

#7532 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

No its a clear issue, had the same on mine , bunching up on every mount point of the guiderail posts, and other places. When one chipped of I asked my distributor what to do, I sent pics and at the time he was informed “ not bad enough , live with it or get a new pf out and fix it .

I have a ticket opened with Stern through my distributor, but am expecting the same thing.

Trying to be reasonable since I know none of this is under warranty and my issue isn't severe yet. I need a way to fix the clear peeling though because it is going to get progressively worse.

3 weeks later
#7580 4 years ago

Check the readme for the code updates. The installs drive a bunch of settings so you will have to see what the changes from factory are by going through the settings. Should not take long since the changed settings will be marked as changed. This is the only mention in the current readme:

Added overrides to the HOME and DIRECTORS CUT INSTALL options:
- PLAY MUSIC IN ATTRACT MODE - YES
- PLAY AUDIO IN ATTRACT CLIPS - YES
- FLIPPERS END BONUS SOUNDS - NO
- FREE PLAY - YES
- HSTD INITIALS - 10 LETTER NAME

#7584 4 years ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

Thanks--that's all I could find, too.

It's easy enough to see what they do by flipping through the adjustments menu after installing. I am curious now myself

3 weeks later
#7663 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone ever have an issue where Death Star leds just start acting haywire mid game?
Played a game today and this happened, even between balls with ball in shooter lane the green leds wire firing almost continuously which isn’t normal.
Any thoughts?

I was initially able to fix this by unplugging and replugging the main connection on the node board that controls those lights. I ended up fixing it for real by having my tech friend flow solder on the connectors.

If you put the playfield up into service mode while it is on you can jiggle the connectors around and probably get them to work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=tpir and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.