• Pro 122 votes
    27%
  • Premium 183 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(451 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,155 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SWARS (resized).jpg
CA826B61-4C46-466A-9E23-21B74AE43D2C (resized).jpeg
Emporer2 (resized).PNG
Emporer1 (resized).PNG
SW grand champion (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
StarWars_comic_Fr (resized).jpg
StarWars_comic_Bk (resized).jpg
2DD46E56-02E8-473F-9D95-4B09C4941CA6 (resized).jpeg
4D0F6CA7-D23C-46A9-984E-D9A2516CDA4C (resized).jpeg
C4F52FE0-8A7D-4597-8BA8-456D1B8BC639 (resized).jpeg
69623AF6-367E-425A-9969-0DEB2F5CAB3C (resized).jpeg
1641E171-5C85-4472-BB8A-FFFF874AE83B (resized).jpeg
073D1A10-7BCE-4F76-AA9C-FFB036BF027B (resized).jpeg
F3BED45A-020D-490E-8BBE-94FAD359C7DC (resized).jpeg
945F71D1-7BBB-44B1-9492-5477CF7BD3CB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

281 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thelaw. You are on page 1 of 2.
#3 2 years ago

Those Might be in for a pro. Not day one though...need to play it first cause I'd have to sell GOT to fund it.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

How much for your GOT I might want to buy it

I don't know how much is SW?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Data East version is looking better by the minute.

Is it? I mean somehow that flatliner just went up in price

Nice work with the game link on the other thread

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

... No dream theme can change my mind about that.

But you don;t really have a dream theme do you...I mean not one that would get made today? I don't...I wish I could get so jazzed up aboot a theme to cream my jeans online talking to a bunch of bros.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're high. You do NOT sell GOT to get SW. You have other options...

GOT is what would go.. Just the way it shakes out that's why I'm waiting. I have deposit down on SW but it took forever so I ponies up for a DI.
We shall see

#71 2 years ago

Can every stop saying they love star wars please? (Like, no shit).

Or we should make a rule that you can only say you truly LOVE Star Wars if you think the shitty "first" 3 are awesome movies. It's helps me weed out the millennials as a bonus

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm 52. I saw Star Wars in Paramus, NJ on opening day on the biggest screen at the time. Still have the program I bought at the candy stand that's worth a few more bucks now than I paid for it.
So yeah...I think I'm allowed to say I love Star Wars.

So you're 52 basically. Because all 52 year olds saw Star Wars in the fucking movie theatre.
So let's go deeper....you were 12 years old when it came out, how many 12 year olds do you think saw SW in the theatre? All of them minus the amish ones?
I had a Return of the Jedi birthday party in 1983...just like every goddamn kid in 1983 It didn't make me special, it's the exact opposite actually.
Man I bet Empire blew your doors off but guess what you liked Bobba Fett the best before anyone else?

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You sound angry. Don't worry...not everybody can be as awesome as me.
But if you read O-din's post, my response was pointing out that I'm not a millennial and explaining why I love Star Wars.
But go ahead and be a Negative Nancy-Pants. Tons of them here on Pinside.

Ha angry at the boob; not a chance.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

none of you should be in this club.

I have monies down.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The $12,500 DI is just a cash grab for suckers. It doesn't include anything of value that the "LE" doesn't have.

You should know LEs have always been just a cash grab by any company.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Holy fuckballs...I'd rather just pony up another $500 and get Dialed In.

Heck I'm ponying down 500 and getting a DI

#100 2 years ago

Fair points indeed.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

seems odd as all previous Stern releases, at least the ones I can I can think of, have had a nice metal laser cut plate mounted around the button.

Seems odd Stern cheaping on on materials?

1 month later
#685 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Lower left area and the saber fight in the middle are color changing,

Ahh...well there's that then.

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

EDIT: the last picture actually looks pretty good.

Well you'll get to see that look like once every 7-9 seconds or so. Taste the rainbow!

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Does anyone know how to reduce the power of the autoplunger?

I thought I heard someone say you could not.

#773 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

LE stream tomorrow night. Says Jack dangers FB.

D-Day...will all be forgotten or will the rage ensue? I gotta tell you this might be a "must see" right here...I think the comment board is going to be out of control.

1 week later
#815 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

How come no one talked about the Dead Flip reveal video of the premium? I for one think Prem looks to take this game to the level it should be at. Not to mention it was running way better code than you guys have right now... Hyper loop and light show were amazing, even Elwin had to actually try hard to blow up the death star (more balanced package for sure).
» YouTube video

Well welcome to, literally, last week.

I'm glad you think that, many people don't agree with you though. It's a loop and it moves some balls around...it's cool for sure but but so was a drop down ball lock & rising cross on Met that I didn't think took it to the next level; Everyones monies are diff'rent.
Some people may not have liked that the Death Star was basically impossible to make do it's 1 simple trick, and it malfunctioned when finally activated.

#820 2 years ago

. But no one seemed to get more than 2 or 3 in there so far at once... I know there's no physical lock or anything, but unclear what else it does

It's pretty clear to me it doesn't do much else. Hyperloop MB seems to add a ball when you put a ball in the loop. Maybe you get a big jackpot loading all 6 balls (assuming there 6 balls in the machine) and then it drops them out?
At other times that shot loads the loop and it shoots the ball around once and lets it back into play. Again it's pretty cool but I doubt there's much else it can do.

#839 2 years ago

Def a black key lime...and a purple insert which would be the Death Star as stated above

#841 2 years ago

Well looking at your picture it seems to be the corner of a purple insert. It wouldn;t be bare wood...waht is that made out of plastic? I mean it looks like a sticker/piece of mylar or some shit...that is really weird. The non black/purple area is clearish? Can you see through it?

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I think Leia increases scores on the 4th missions/banana/hot dog ones.

kinky

#979 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is it at least fun to play?

Good lord, how did we get here

#986 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I was asking for myself. Too much complexity is sometimes killing my pleasure to play.
As I don't want to find the repetitivity of ST (coz of similar modes), I don't want to find too the complexity of Woz with his organizational chart of rules sheet. I am just a casual player and I need to get in the heart of the game quicker than a woz.

It's like anything else, either you'll like it or you won't; no one else can tell you.
As many of us have said over and over the complexity of multipliers can be ignored and you can just have fun playing the modes.

#990 2 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

What are the R2D2 settings for in the service portal? Is there a topper or other playfield toy coming?

It is believed to be a topper yes.

#1010 2 years ago

Looks like I got the call and my pro is in. And guess who's got the busiest week and weekend coming up? Typical!

1 week later
#1041 2 years ago

The force is with me. Well actually it's in my garage until I can get it in the house

#1088 2 years ago

The great debate of 2017...Prowler Purple Vs. Star white.

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

where the heck do people get powder coating done?

Just saw this listed

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered

1 week later
#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

...the biggest being they need to make it so I don't forget to flip while trying to mash the button to kill tie-fighters or move the multiplier. Maybe a setting "Set Ball Save for Dummies On"

ha joking right? That's the whole point.
Multiplier one I could see changing...although I think that's fun too.

#1231 2 years ago

Finally a somewhat decent 6.5 bill game with 231 Ties. A long day of football, pizza, & 14 beers I'm calling that a moral victory.

Fun game man. Very similar to GOT but very diff'rent at the same time.

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Good score! Go do it again!

Thanks, I had barely eek'd out a 1.5 before. Still learning a lot of the rules. Goddamn Endor bunker mission confuses the shit out of me to no end

1 week later
#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

A great idea. I think it would look cleaner just with the fibre optics all the around the the ramps (like Tron) without those lightsabers. To me they just don't look right.

It would make it look like swe1 and no one wants that

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I used to absolutely hate playing pinball when sitting down, but now it is my preferred way to play at home.

You get used to it as weird as it is. Working at an Arcade for years I'd do it just to get some rest on the legs.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

What do you suggest as an alternative?

He said he'd like to skip it.

#1389 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Thanks Deaconblooze' mom.

No problem tough tits.

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Sorry if covered already...what's midnight madness? It's a high score and I noticed it in the service menu (mines off).

Midnight Madness is usually a switch scoring ("frenzy") MB that activates at Midnight. Bunch of W/B 90s games have them.

#1452 2 years ago

Just wax it, and put a little mylar on the shooter lane so when you want to sell it some asshole doesn't start crying aboot how the shooter looks like balls have been in it.

#1457 2 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I've had 40x on the display, but after the ball ends I'm awarded something less like 5x.

The 40x, or anything X that's shown in the top middle of the screen, is the SHOT multiplier. SHOTS that have the GREEN ARROWS lit will be multiplied by that number. The after ball BONUS X is separate.

The multiplier arrows you can move around by hitting the lock down bar button. When the arrows are red the multipliers are NOT on, and puhsing the flipper buttons moves them around...hitting the button again stops them from moving (locks them in), and turns them green (on.)

EDIT: Without going into great detail and if you don;t want to hit the button and move the arrows around people usually make the middle 3 shots green and leave them there. Death Star, Ramp, Hoth shot.

#1491 2 years ago

Yes there's a thread on the topic... no need to post in every single thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address#post-3998305

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

... or bend over and look like a tool using your chin?

ha pulled that move out a couple times last night

#1520 2 years ago

bad games in a row on SW, which happens for sure, I will hit start another dozen times hunting for a billion.

Yeah it's tricky balancing getting far in the game and working the multipliers up there. Easier to concentrate on 1 but when you get them both it's great.

#1538 2 years ago

Just reading this makes me think all those folks who decided to post their reviews of SW after having under 10 plays on location were complete agenda driven idiots without a clue!

Well I give those people at least credit for playing it 10 times....most people rage quitted before playing bekaus maf class wuz hardd.

Seriously it's the same thing we tried to get people to understand aboot GOT; IT'S FUN. It adds a major risk vs reward to gameplay. Little bit of a learning curve at the beginning but when was learning something so bad? All the things, the tricks the rules to all the games everyone loves had to be learned...no one walks up to a modern game and knows everything right off the bat...shiit or SS or EM to be honest.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

(Still don't know what those floating green and red things are, though!)

So now that you know what they are, the more basic & important idea is that the target bank in the middle increases the multipliers every time you hit it. The multiplier number stays lit for a period of time and then you'll hear some beeping (you've already heard it all the time) and the green arrows will blink...that means they are running out and you need to hit the bank again to increase/keep them lit. If you don;t it goes back to 2X and you have to start building it again.

Quoted from fosaisu:

If green, that shot is multiplied (base of 2x, up to 40x).

In normal play it's only 20X right...with the Force award doubling it to 40X, correct? Because I haven't seen over 40.

#1545 2 years ago

Hey is there new code out for SW?

haha yes there is...it's all the buzz

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

My download keeps hanging up RIGHT at the end. Ugh.

A computer classic to be sure
They never get sick of that gag

#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Learned cool stuff from Dwight. I think the shot multiplier affects this mode should you have the Hoth shot green when you shoot it. (Still confirming)

Doesn't matter as it isn't worth much. i did it with a semi high multiplier and wasn;t anything noticeable.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Im curious to hear more on the video mode especially as people play it more. Repetitive? challenging? too long? need more/less? It could have been worse, it could have been GOT 2.0 video mode

it's kind of fun...it isn;t going to cure cancer and it isn;t going to give it to anyone's flow receptors (well normal players anyway).
It could have been much worse; it could have been GOT 1.0!

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The multiplier does affect video mode scoring and will be shown in the top right. And you can score quite a lot with a high multiplier.
Rob

Do you know how much you get for doing a perfect run? I think I ended up 5-6 mill and might have had a 14x or somthing which certain(t)ly doesn't make much of a dent scoring wise. I mean it's nothing to throw in the trash but I wouldn;t be increasing my X before going in for that

#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you sure you had the multiplier placed on the hoth entrance of the mini loop? It really sounds like you just had 1x.
Rob

Thought I was...moved it over there and everything. I'll try it again and see what happens. What kind of score did you get from it or is a secret?
EDIT: Perhaps I'm confusing it with Light Saber battle...hmm it was late and i was sober so can confuse me

#1655 2 years ago

I had never seen it either... And don't remember a parsac high score board

#1664 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Avoid everything dangerous and spam the Endor ramp as much as possible.

Sure you can start modes there...can't complete them though.

#1709 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

JJP just released a stunning-looking game....

That is correct...and everyone has gone crazy shit for the look only of a game.
The cycle repeats over and over and over.

#1719 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

POTC looks ok, but it wasn't anything that made me get excited either.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

POTC is a gorgeous game, no doubt (as was Hobbit), but I'm not sure the gameplay will keep me coming back for more like SW does.

Some of it looks good some of it I don't know. As I've stated the beach by the action button is not cool. But this is just liek counting shots or counting "things" "toys" whatever you want to do; that doesn't make the game good.
If it did LAH would be the best game ever.

#1732 2 years ago

Blue always makes me think of empire. I def had the brown/tan star wars sheets and curtains

#1736 2 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

1. Shaker motor. Is it a must?
2. Audio upgrade. Yay or nay? I hear good things about Flipper Fidelity. Any other options out there, or is this the one to get?

No
No - luckily for you the thing comes from the factory on the loudest goddamn setting ever (which isn;t even half way turned up), so you'll know for yourself pretty damn quick. I think stock sounds great.

#1738 2 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Thanks. Is there a sub pre-installed in there already?

No not a true sub. I don't really get into deep bass shaking everything anymore but plenty people love a good speaker upgrade or adding a powered external sub.

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I'm on 0.91 on an LE..
not had any problems in 40+ games.. emailed Chaz but have had no reply yet..
Not sure what to do.. go back to 0.89 or just leave off and wait for revised 0.92..

If you got a spare minute to roll-back why not...a few feature for a week or 2 (hopefully) is worth more than waiting for board to ship overseas I would think!

#1784 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

... that would be one long game though.

For real

#1796 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I choise full with verify.

You chose...poorly.

As above always go quick EDIT: But I'd add no verify. Updated many games many times never an issue

#1807 2 years ago

I think it's just the angle rattles the gate so it seems liek the gate is to blame.

#1863 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I find the Death Star shot and left orbit shot really difficult to hit.
Anyone have tips?

You can backhand the left orbit.
When I'm having troubles hitting Death Star i stop looking at the shot and look to the area of the flipper.

#1885 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

...I am even having fun with the multipliers,they are way easer to understand than I originally thought ...

Yep they're really quite simple and add so much to the game.

#1887 2 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Snooped at your collection and see you have a Pro. Any buyers remorse so far that you didn't go Premium?

No. I would never buy a Stern Prem+, I have never found them worth it...unless my current financial situation changes (which it will not).

#1894 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Whether any of this is worth the extra money (is it like $2k more or something?) is another question. Hard to justify the spread, but then I'd feel that way about any Stern Premium, since the Pros tend to be good, solid fun.

My thing is all the crap they add on is pointless to me & usually makes a game look worse to me. Weird colored trim and crap like that makes the game worse for me. Of course, they don't even add that stuff anymore so that's besides the point.
So it's 1500+ for the loop...not even close to interesting for me. Again it's all how much cash you have to spend which is diff'rent for everyone.

4 weeks later
#2191 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m going to be putting some quality time on a route SW this weekend. Probably a pro, but not sure. Can anyone recommend a (fairly) simple approach to the game to have the most fun, get the most out of it and - to a lesser degree - score the best?
Thanks!

Play R2, first ball pick light death star missions. You have shoot the colored lit shots on the PF to open up missions in those areas. The easiest thing usually after that is to backhand the left ramp 3 times lighting endor missions. This will open some missions for you to play around with. Each 4th mission (hot dog insert) is a MB.
Hitting the middle button...I understand a third button is very confusing to people but I think you can get through it...turns on or off the mulipliers JoshOD is talking aboot. Use the flipper buttons to move the 3 lights to the horshoe/ramp area and just leave them there for now. As you get more comfortable you can hit the 3rd button and move them around during gameplay to maximize score. The main thing is every time you hit the small 3 bank targets your lit green shots are multiplied in value...the big number at the top of the screens is that value.

#2206 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So who else is beyond annoyed that the GOTG accessories have been revealed and the Star Wars accessories are nowhere to be seen?

Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I’m annoyed.

Waiting to see if anyone without a SW avatar is annoyed

#2211 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Also, if you can buy a gotg premium with all accessories for Less than just an LE, wouldn't you? Math adds up better on a fully pumped out premium.

Yes but it always has. LE gave some advantages like Shaker/glass but LE buying is aboot having an LE. I mean we all know Limited is hardly even limited so be it's very nature it's almost meaningless.

#2253 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

What protectors do you guys recommend to keep this thing from getting too beat up?

Just some wax for me.

#2283 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Maybe more characters to play?

I doubt that as all the characters have inserts on the PF

#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

I’m such a newb. Is there a good explanation of how to ramp up the multiplier as noted here? It’s not intuitive to me. I don’t even understand when I launch the ball am i trying to hit the arrow that is lit on the led at that moment?

Quoted from TheLaw:

... the more basic & important idea is that the target bank in the middle increases the multipliers every time you hit it. The multiplier number stays lit for a period of time and then you'll hear some beeping (you've already heard it all the time) and the green arrows will blink...that means they are running out and you need to hit the bank again to increase/keep them lit. If you don;t it goes back to 2X and you have to start building it again.

Does that help at all? don;t worry aboot the ball launch now. Every time you hit the 3 bank it increases the multiplier

#2316 1 year ago

Still a fun game.

#2336 1 year ago

Yeah right on, hell I'm still learning it myself

As we've said before the beauty of the game is the risk vs. reward. Just shoot the lit ramp shot it's easy....Orrrrr do i wan't to jack up this multiplier so it's worth more?
I got 40X going and the all is heading down the right ramp return better hit the botton and move the bonus X before the ball comes down....fuckign drain!!!

#2403 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

^^^woohoo, that's what I like to hear!

The only real thing I can think of is the power of the scoop. That can be just a goddamn nightmare.

#2413 1 year ago
Quoted from EVAWINGZERO:

All of the Force leds, super jackpot, Endor, lightsaber duel, Death Star, Hoth, and Jedi multiball. They all just stop working, resetting the connectors fixes this temporarily.

Call Stern, sounds like it could be a node board issue.
Or you can look in the manual and see if they are all connected, probably on the same node board

#2428 1 year ago

Everyone get it before they take it down!

#2435 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Wow, I gotta play me a Star Wars! Kudos to Stern for all the recent code updates.

I got one I don;t use much

#2440 1 year ago

Copy all 3.

EDIT: The "only" part means only the files NOT the folder. Funny that wording confused me on the last update i did as well. Head scratcher.

#2535 1 year ago

Can anybody help this guy out?

Yes Stern can; pick up the phone and call them.

#2543 1 year ago
Quoted from fastchef:

I noticed over the weekend that the right outlane insert is missing paint. I don’t think it was like this when I got it 2 months ago. Is this something I should be concerned about or is it no big deal?

Not quite sure what I'm looking at that is missing...the samll dots in the symbol? Sorry cant tell what is the camera or not.

Does it feel diff'rent to you?

#2545 1 year ago

I see. Intersetsing...and the other side is fine. Run your finger over both sides and see if htere's a difference. You'd THINK that's an area that doesn't get a ball slamming down on it to remove the clear.

1 week later
#2679 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

With my SW Prem being brand new, the coil shouldn't be bad this quick right?

Coils are rarely bad on games from the 90, 80, 70s...

EDIT: or any era - My point is it's rarely the coils fault.

#2692 1 year ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Showed up today!!

Just in time for the weekend

#2742 1 year ago

Spin & Lazarus I feel on par with recent titles.

#2745 1 year ago

Sterns have always had a ton of them.

#2759 1 year ago

Yes 6.5 is the correct pitch for a few decades

#2772 1 year ago

I think it was a number of things -

My number of things is SW wasn't covered with toys that everyone imagined it would be when they were masturbating to the idea of it at night. It ruined their childhood when they saw it, they started crying, and bashed it endlessly because it involves rules & points.

Same shit diff'rent day really.

#2817 1 year ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

Hmm, wondering if my Death Star shot is extra hard due to the Jedi Training Target next to it not being centered. It leans to the left and slightly covers up part of the shot opening. Is it easy to adjust this target back to center?

Its peaking out there isn't it. Just bend the thing....and if that doesn't work remove the switch so you csn use tools to bend it.

1 week later
#2883 1 year ago

Yep should light up.

#2928 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I got mine from lighted pinball mods today and am not real happy with it...

That's the worst shit on the internet; just horrible.

#2937 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I bought the damn thing because a lot of folks on here seem happy with it.

Yeah you have a lot of people with a lower quality threshold then you'd think. Just look at the crap that place makes. Easily the worst mods being sold.

#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They need to add more perhaps one from each area Hoth, Tatooine end Endor or maybe character specific video modes like Leia in forest on speeder or Han blasting storm troopers, luke with some x-wing action.

I don't know how liked videa modes are these days. I thik you'd hear a lot of bitching if a game had 3-4 of them these days. Plus that's a lot of work I would think.

#2946 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any idea what else they may or should do with the next code updates?

No. I wouldn't think anything will be coming for a long time.

#2948 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only reason I mentioned it was last weeks stern of the union mentions another update in near future featuring bug fixes, more polish and some tweaks.

I mean it's really up in the air; but I'm certain(t)ly not going to believe them aboot code drops.

#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

...or some other shot sequence matched up to video on monitor?

That's just a mode

#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Better use of PF LCD and more use of the action button. These two things are not integrated very well

You mean in unirregards to videa modes or just in general? Cause I think the action button can be used quite a bit to get maximum points out of things moving the Xs around.

#2972 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe I’m over thinking things but moving multipliers and shooting tie fighters doesn’t seem like a ton of integration considering everything else that is going on during the game.

Gotcha on LCD.
The button for me the thing I like is there's an option of using the Xs quite a lot. If you're really getting the most out you can move those suckers around a lot.

+ adding a ball during MB...I hope you're using it for that too So that's at least 3 things...a step up (or down depending on the person) from GOT that was basically nothing.
EDIT: Ah add hyperspace as mentioned below.

1 week later
#3094 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sweet deal! Never heard of Homesense or Home Goods, is that a nationwide chain?

Homegoods can be pretty good. AS he said it's the same thing as TJMax but for the home. Haven't been there in awHile but never seen a pin there before

#3147 1 year ago
Quoted from orb:

why or what is making high multiplier drop back down? hitting shots not lit or what?

The 3 bank makes it go up. It goes down automatically after time. You'll hear that beeping sound meaning you have to hit the back again or lose it.

1 week later
#3205 1 year ago
Quoted from speederice:

...Does Star Wars have these adjustments? ...

Huh interesting. Never noticed them but of course I never looked for them either

#3209 1 year ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

...just tired of another good feeling game beating boba and light saber duel, looking up and still being only halway to the neighhours GC he lucked into on his first ever game without knowing what the hell he was doing ...

Probably not the time to point this out but it's sounds like you need a lot of practice.

#3216 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Is SW so finicky it is just constantly needing adjusting on an ongoing basis?

Not mine.
EDIT: Mines a pro though

#3224 1 year ago

Most strategies are the same. Character doens't matter much...just spam the Endor ramp and you'll probably win.

Remember when people were crying aboot that?

#3236 1 year ago
Quoted from Sarge:

How do you guys keep your helmet from fogging up while playing?

Have my wife drain it before I start playing Star Wars

#3239 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Good idea, is she available tomorrow at 2?

I have work to do so probably yeah.

#3242 1 year ago

Isnt that the Denver state flag?

#3295 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wow. That is honestly terrible. This should have been sent back for full refund. Seriously, that type of crap has no place being sold on Pinside or anywhere for $90...

Why not? 100% positive feedback on Pinside.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/litedpinballmods/market

#3314 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

To funny. Unfortunately the truth lyes in the details. All of that feedback is from Pinball Machine transactions. Nobody has ever admitted they bought one of those claymation mods!

Yup... I think theres a person or 2 in this thread that needs to step up to the mic

#3318 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

yelobird those mods from Lighted Pinball Mods are completely gross. I don't understand how they can look at what they have done and be proud of the work. And for the love of all things holy, DO NOT put characters and ships from other Star Wars movies in this game! Its sacrilegious! Put a clone trooper in? How about a brand new Tie Fighter from the Last Jedi? Stop it. Rant over.

I don't know what any of that means but let me give this a wack.

They look like total shit.
Rsnt over

#3328 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

That's exactly what I'm looking for in my collection.

I have SW & DI right next to each other...it's great going back and forth...keeps you on your toes.

1 week later
#3432 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That happens to me as well

Yeah not all the time but in a ricochet situation at full speed it'll head down there

#3513 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Well gosh darn it. That's something up with which I'd rather not put.

Some are worth it, some aren't. If you don;t mind being boned by the mission start bug once every hundred times no need to update.

#3517 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

To me these upgrades are totally worth it

Sure case by case. I mostly play quitley when my family is sleeping so it isn't to me
I never even updated to the newest Met code when I owned it.

Quoted from zacaj:

Do we have any word on if there are more updates planned?

I'm sure there will be. Whether it's in 3 months of a year is another question.

#3530 1 year ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Forget the hyperspace/death star shot. I can't hit the damn spinner/orbit

It backhands pretty easy.

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Forget the damn spinner, I can't hit the right orbit

It's defiantly the tougher for me as well.

#3558 1 year ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

...but I don’t know what to adjust.

Adjust your app

1. Don't take the reading on the glass
2. Make sure you haven't set the zero in inclined surface

#3583 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

No takers on my extra plastics trade offer?

Yeah I'll trade you my pros.

#3637 1 year ago

Can someone remind me why the pro has the drop target bank post ans the Prem+ doens't? And is this related to the auto-plunge drains at all?

#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

What are the chances that a mod comes out that allows Pro owners to replace their plastic ramps with habitrails?

Absolutely zero. No but seriously I don;t know...are the all the same distance/set up?
I'd rather have plastic personally

#3644 1 year ago

Topper shmopper whom gives a shit.

#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Not for me personally, but plenty of folks on this thread have expressed interested.

I heard it was delayed because of an Iron Maiden lawsuit or something

#3670 1 year ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I'm getting a Star Wars premium in the next couple months and wanted to see what mods and protectors people are putting on their pins.

New balls, fresh coat of wax, just put.25¢ worth of mylar in the shooter lane so when you sell it the classhole cant cry for monies off.
If you want you can use Cliffy slot protectors for the inlanes but the clear looks pretty thick.

#3677 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

The ball doesn't drop on the switches the way it does on Metallica or Dialed In, so no protectors needed there. There is already factory mylar at the drop spot.

Ah interesting to note for people searching later. The pros do directly drop on the inlane switches and it seems the prem+ do not.

#3705 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I agree with some of the previous posts, there needs to be a way to postpone or select not to play lightsaber duel. It kills the flow of the game trying to work through the missions and then have everything stop and make you play lightsaber duel.

People need to be reminded the game is not your buddy and isn't set up to make you happy.
That's without going into the seemingly obvious correlation between the fact the lightsaber duel in the movie doesn't take place at a designated time of their choosing.

#3706 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Those that say this game is "bare" seem to be really missing out.

They are but they just resign themselves to the fact they can't figure out the scoring and since there's no toys it sucks.But just the other (late) night I decided to beef mine up with some add ons and extra lighting. Shit pops now!

P1020744 (resized).JPG

P1020750 (resized).JPG

P1020755 (resized).JPG

P1020748 (resized).JPG

#3716 1 year ago

If you don't want to start Light Saber duel don't hit the targets, or at least work out a better plan.

#3721 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I really don't see this as a practical solution. Most hits to these targets are not intentional anyway(at least for me). The point is the L.S duel could very easily be updated to be the players choice. It's very hard to get to certain later stages in this game and that is exactly when you don't need L.S. duel over-riding what ever you were trying to achieve(IMHO).

I completely understand your point and people wanting things to work a certian(t) way, but again, pinball machines have always "been against you" and shouldn't be set up as total user option guided tours.

Example of the Tron you own; You cant hit the flipper and select which target bank award is lit. Now SOS is lit, but you want double scores going into it but something else is lit are lit...what do you do? Try to shoot around to pops and move the award to Double and then start SOS...shit, went in scoop and you're screwed.
Or take Wh20. Gotta complete Willys and then start multiball for Vacation jackpot, accidentally goes in lock and you're totally screwed after.
The point is, yes these things could be "switched off" if programmed that way, or you can can learn to plan things better and take notice of what's happening. If you notice you're near SOS in Tron you set up the double scoring to start before...liekj Wh20 with X5 MB. If you're semi close to saber duel why not go after the targets and start duel before something else you're planning? Or you can just sit back and hope the drops get knocked down in a pleasing manner to you.

#3724 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Oh I get it, that is pinball. There are lots of games with these kinds of things that happen just when you don't want them to.

Yeah I like some games that work the opposite...I just like a good mix. Met is a game that when you're doing well it all seems to come together nicely and help you without thinking too much.

Quoted from PlayPin:

I can't believe I never even thought to try to double scores before SOS!

Dude that's the whole key! No timer either...carries into Portal if you complete SOS

#3754 1 year ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

Honestly this mod looks totally alien and out of place to me. Been seeing posts about it from the beginning and just don't understand what draws people to it. To each his own I guess.

Yeah those are rough

#3766 1 year ago

Phones still work great for contacting people

#3828 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m loving this game but sure would like to see maybe an additional mission to choose from on each planet ...

Ummmm no.

#3831 1 year ago

They aren't going to add mission that don;t have inserts.

#3833 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

you have a selection of missions to choose from to suffice endor/hoth/tattooine 1-3. Not saying have a 4th insert just more options to choose from within the original footprint.

Hey man I'm with you that would be great...just don;t see any it happening.

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone have an issue with a pro having a hard time catching the ball to start a Death Star (or more rarely Hoth) mode?...

You at current code?

Edit: ha never mind just remembered I haven't updated it to newest code! It doesn't happen often on my machine.

#3951 1 year ago

I like Star Wars. It is fun.

#3953 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just joined the club! Plays great, except scoop is shooting balls SDTM, any suggestions? Game is perfectly leveled.

It has a setting in the menu to increase the power. It should be sending it to the left flipper.
Welcome to the club

#3968 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Which setting? is the scoop referred to as the "right eject"?

Correct.

#3970 1 year ago

Another update is great. That means I can keep putting off the last one I never did.

#3976 1 year ago
Quoted from mittens:

I would like some more wookie... ....

YEah I could get behind that.

#3995 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I don't have a real problem with the SDTM cheap drains, but the left outlane is really brutal even after lowering the post.

Seems more on the Prem+ from what I'm hearing?
Pro doens't seem that bad to me. It can get streaky down there but nothing too rough.

#3997 1 year ago

Yeah I heard aboot the post and tried to notice how much the ball hits it. It seems to be the slower shirts more that piddle around that area and get kicked out instead of heading down to those lanes. Then again, the fast shots just could be moving too fast to track

#4006 1 year ago

I guess we expected more of a SM type game from SR (I did), but instead we got SW.

I didn't know what to expect, and I am happy. Coming off GOT I see how you could guess he might go to the 3 flipper layout but instead he went with his 2 flipper and pushed everything far back to be diff'rent than GOT.
I also didn't know if they were going to stick with the multipliers from GOT but they did, and for me they even improved them.

#4023 1 year ago

1.01 is current

#4025 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

... (I think they said it was coming "this week") and 1.0.1 isn't much different from 1.0.0. But it won't hurt anything to update to 1.0.1 now if you want to.

Did they? SOTU said in April, maybe I missed something else.

#4027 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

My bad, meant to write "this month", I'll edit my post.

Damn, was hoping you were right.

As you know I'm a lazy bastard and refuse to update when I don't have to. Right after I skipped the update I was having some kick ass games and out of nowhere the draining ball during mission select boned my like 5 times in a few games
A good 500% higher average...typical.

#4044 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Mirror blades vs Pinstadium lights for this game? Pinstadium are 3x the cost...worth it?

Just look at your game and decide whether it's bright enough; mine is in any level of lighting.

Mirror blades are nice if you like staring at your machine but since I've never noticed Ed them when I'm playing I'm not really sure what the point of them is.

#4052 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

PS - I turned off mode stacking and find it a lot more enjoyable...

I like the stack on but it actually works itself out. Best to stack the level 1 together since they're just simple shots. The higher level ones that require a series of shots I don't stack because they don't lend themselves to finishing easier.

#4068 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Well Star Wars is such a big franchise that it benefits and suffers because of it.

Too true

Quoted from ktownhero:

People are so overly critical of anything that bears the name that they miss out.

People waaaay too emotionally invested agreed.

Quoted from ktownhero:

Look at The Last Jedi; that movie has so much hate surrounding it, but I guarantee in 10 years it is thought of right alongside Empire

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

#4070 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I think the point is to make you feel like you're playing a widebody game when you have them on a standard body. Big playfield butts anyone?

Hmm interesting. Have you ever noticed them when you're playing? I just look at the ball, the things I'm shooting for, and the dmd.

#4073 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

LOL! Remember my words!

It might be taken as Empire by Generation Z or whomever is growing up with this.
You have melennials that actually think the prequels didn't suck so true, anything is possible.

#4141 1 year ago

So it's not working in test move? Manually to to trigger it, look for a wire broken off if it's not registering

#4170 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

we have an actual date on this?

No.

#4209 1 year ago

There are 6 days...plenty of time.

The amount of completion already makes me think it wouldn't be a big update anyway; but you never know.

1 week later
#4314 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Makes sense. Maybe the topper, shooter and other accessories will be announced on May the 4th too...

Talking yourself into this just like everyone talked themselves in to last May 4th.

Quoted from Crile1:

Curious how many people have their games set to stack the 4 big multiballs with modes?

I liked stacking them in the old code, but I actually like it better now.

#4316 1 year ago

They usually aren't that great of modes...usually loud and obnoxious which is fine, but I didn't need to hear "Hordor" 1000 times on GOT

Incest mode would be good. Hitting switches moves them further away from kissing. Don't get enough, lips lock, failed mission

#4336 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

LOL...funny thing is I wasn't sure if incest mode was for SW or GoT...

Ha! "Jeez another incest mode Stern how original."

#4340 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Going back and forth between a Pro and Premium for purchase. Is the cost of the Falcon Toy/HyperDrive/Exploding Death Star worth the 1500-2000 price difference? Does it change the game flow at all?

If you have spare monies why not. But it just shoots the ball around in a circle...no thanks for me.

1 week later
#4585 1 year ago
Quoted from Moortus:

1.03 Update Gripe - I've said it before and I will say it again:
- Please make Light Saber Duel skip-able. It kills the flow of a good game.

And I've said this before, stop starting the mode if you don't want to play it. YOU'RE the one starting it, not the machine. The rules don't need to be build around making things easier for you.

#4587 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I had this mode go active yesterday when playing and couldn’t skip it. I avoided the left ramp to see if it would time out so I could move on and it didn’t. Just sat there flashing until I finally said screw it and shot the left ramp.
Not sure if this is a bug or if I did something wrong.

Quoted from zacaj:

While I agree and this annoyed me a lot, I've now made it so timers don't stop when you trap and then I just time out lightsaber duel

Maybe it's a setting that can be changed zacaj?

Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe it's the spinner not being involved much in the game rules for example.

That's the issue with most spinner for the last 20 years I agree...they aren't even used enough in Got.
Games should def be focusing on it more and using it for switch counting in modes. But when most people talk aboot spinners now they just like "the cool noises" so i think that might have something to do with it sadly.

#4590 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

GOT’s spinner is actually pretty sweet; both in Baratheon mode and regular standard play. You can be having a good ball and the next thing you know you have...

Yep I'm very familiar with GOT as you know, that's why I said "even enough...," I would like even more!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Maiden has some cool spinner rules with the power feature and optional 2x spinner using the harder left one.

Good news. I haven't had a ton of time with mine and still learning the rules. That left spinner is such a great location.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m thinking it’s going to be similar to GOT as far as game times go, but probably a lot more brutal drain fest games comparatively (which I’d think is a good thing ).

That is an interesting question. Pro it seems my long games are long like GOT. With more MBs in SW I think that can extend game times, and I feel like the ball saver you probably get a little more than your usual 1 Lord o light on GOT. I also feel like SW for me is less trapping which may lower it's time.

#4593 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

for the last time, ITS NOT A CHOICE. It is literally unavoidable if you play a multiball or two. Just the balls launching out will knock down enough drops to light lightsaber duel, and then you're locked into no options besides starting it, every other shot is disabled.

Your option is to CHOOSE to start/deal with it before you get to a point you don't want it to randomly happen.
You can either sit back like a club pro and just let things happen, or you can use strategy to make sure you don't get stuck in it.

Oh whoops the targets were hit and now i have to play this mode.
Oh whoops I locked 3 balls and now I have to play this MB.

No diff'rent, been happening for a long time.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

... and even Iron throne, it doesn’t feel like I’ve been playing as long as I really have.

yeah I found it hard to answer because honestly I 'm just guessing...no real idea how long games are in actual time.

#4595 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It doesn't matter *when* I play it, I don't *want* to play it, until I have literally every other objective for Jedi complete, because it's a boring mode with no meaning beyond being a Jedi Objective.

I feel you man, but it's part of the game. And I just don't understand why everyone thinks/assumes the game should be set up the way they want it.
Dwight has already put in the ability to say yes/no to starting modes which is a pretty great feature, another level of strategy. So should everything be selectable, or should we have to eat some shit every now and again? Or avtually you can;t skip modes completely like GOT can you?
We'll just never agree which is fine. You see it as a roadblock and don't like it, I see it as a road block and it doens't bother me. These games are full of making me do things I don't want to do.

#4600 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If you just want the game to screw you over then it shouldn't matter what it does, so why are you making a big deal out of every time someone requests the change?

I'm making no more big a deal anymore than you are. You guys say what you think, I say what I think; They're all just opinions from fans of a game.

Quoted from zacaj:

..so shut up