20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thebigdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You will be pleased.

What do you know about it?
Also, anyone know if the external audio jack is ever going to happen?

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will sit atop the game. Haha.

You're right, that will be pleasing

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I joined the club Friday night! I've put about 80 plays on it since then. I'm having a lot of fun with this game! To give some perspective, I own IMVE, Avatar, and BSD - some of the best "one more game" games ever - and SW has me stabbing at the start button more than any of those others ever have.
I was genuinely worried when reviews started to pour in. I wasn't a big fan of GOT (though I didn't get a ton of time on it), and hearing that the rules were similar made me think I made a mistake in ordering. It's rare I ever have those types of doubts lifted so quickly. After a few games I realized that this was going to be a brutal game with a lot of strategy. The allure of lining up a huge bonus multiplier to a specific shot is stressful in a good way - it reminds me very much of Song Jackpot/Song Bonus in ACDC.
This is my first time buying a game NIB this early in development. So far it's been a positive experience. I like the clips, but I think they could be polished.. what I see often is a clip that plays, and then cuts in an awkward way. It will hang on to the last image for a few extra beats. I'm no director, but some sort of different fade or cut would probably look better, and a smoother sound transition would help to clean things up.
I'm having too much fun with the gameplay to really pick apart anything else. I think the modes will become more clear once code gets refined.

Congratulations. I felt the same way after opening and playing mine, I just keep thinking "one more..." It's got a WOW factor coming out of the box, but as you learn they game you just want to keep playing!!

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Has anyone fitted a shaker motor yet? How does it integrate, what things set it off?

I second the shaker motor, integrates with the gameplay perfect and adds to the effect of the game. I have one in my LE. I bought the Stern Licensed one to protect the warrantee.

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

yes its happened 2 times to me. no idea what to do.

That was happening to me, but I read a thread earlier in here that said to adjust that coil to weak in settings. That solved the problem for me.

#1117 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

It might have been an actual number on the settings, can't remember, but it worked

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

BTW, another thing yo should do is move both posts in the outlanes in, and adjust your ball save time to 10 seconds, just trust me.

1 week later
#1221 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

The delivery of my pin has become very bittersweet... It is due to arrive on Tuesday. Sadly I got the call to schedule delivery while I was sitting in the Neuro ICU at the hospital. My dad who has helped me set up all my pins, and supported me in my lunacy, had a massive stroke Tuesday night. This will be the first time a game will arrive, where he will not be there to help. He is doing better every day, but has a very long road ahead of him. He is already shocking the doctors, but if you knew my dad that wouldn't surprise you. He has always been determined to prove people wrong.
Hopefully the moments I do get to play it I can just drift off to a galaxy far away, and forget about the reality of everything right now.
It brings things into perspective, this is just a hobby and there are so many more important things in our lives.
Keep your loved one close
Also:!!
I think my mom though I was crazy, But my dad didn't, and built the two arcade cabinets I have in my basement. Like I said he always supported my lunacy no matter how odd the request.

jrockne,
best wishes to you and your family. I hope your dad does well, I can relate to your situation. Hang in there and I know you'll enjoy your game.

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

jrockne,
best wishes to you and your family. I hope your dad does well, I can relate to your situation. Hang in there and I know you'll enjoy your game.

By the way, that is a sweet arcade!! I'll post a picture of mine sometime

#1223 6 years ago

I added some mirror blades to my SWLE. I saw someone post a picture of them, and thought it looked great, and since I had some extras sitting around...
While doing so, I couldn't help but notice that on my LE there is hardware on both sides of the cabinet to support something like a blade, that really has no other purpose. I imagine if there were plans and they scratched them, they wouldn't have added that hardware, I wonder if something is still planned but not released yet? Maybe this has already been discussed?

1 month later
#1690 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Mirror blades and shaker motor installed!!
I hit so many dang asteroids on the video mode I thought the shaker motor was going to drill a hole in my floor with the cabinet leg!

I have that same set up on my LE (same translite, mirror blades, shaker). Looks awesome. Check out the X-wing mod at mezzlemods. Really cheap and sits perfect behind the tie fighter.

#1747 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

The Star Wars family is now complete

That room is Legit! Nicely done. Already have my SW 8 tickets

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thebigdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=thebigdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.