• Pro 124 votes
    27%
  • Premium 187 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(457 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,188 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

37C9DD08-8E2B-4C02-B2AD-BFDBEE011B13 (resized).jpeg
6986343A-DFCF-4A59-9773-BE86462A52E3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4923 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG20191130154932 (resized).jpg
338E226E-1A05-48DD-8C2D-127A2F68B0F2 (resized).png
C4B8A1B8-71F5-49C3-803B-F67126AA49F4 (resized).jpeg
2B5F1AB7-DB28-4121-A5A0-318D5475FF44 (resized).jpeg
0A650F6D-2114-4CC1-BC51-4DA4A23B262B (resized).jpeg
86D6DEEB-FD65-45F5-BF81-B06CD4CCEE86 (resized).jpeg
45BF7DD0-61F4-4E9A-8327-FB20E245371D (resized).jpeg
2810DE70-F648-4173-9C99-79408434F2DD (resized).jpeg
9404DEB7-EB08-4923-B5C6-11063E04C4B8 (resized).jpeg
8CCF642E-914C-455D-B6CB-5BF889C434A4 (resized).jpeg
B5942906-8AE7-47F9-B0C4-12FCE700F27B (resized).jpeg
A5889672-FE68-4241-A38C-01DCC2727CAA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbanthony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#489 2 years ago

They will only add extra if they think they'll be difficult to sell. Otherwise, why change?

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

ESB is great from start to finish, the more movie assets Dwight can squeeze into this game the better especially stuff from ESB.
For the guys with pro's, I know code is early but currently are there many of the iconic lines implemented into the game?
"The force will be with you always"
"Use the force"
"I am your father"
"Impressive most impressive......."
"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops"
"Force is strong with this one"
"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope"
"I’ll never turn to the dark side. You’ve failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me"
Tonnes more that could be put in, yoda quotes and emperor, can never have too much Vader
If you level up to Jedi the Wizard mode so needs "I’ve been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master."

Wish I knew. I could hardly hear the game where I played it unfortunately.

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Here is some more StarWars crap to put on top of your games!!!!
On sale $1.99 at JCP:
http://www.jcpenney.com/s/disney-stuffed?sort=PLH&Ntt=disney%2Bstuffed

haha. We already own those!

2 weeks later
#904 2 years ago

Could one of the current owners tell me the diameter of the Death Star. Much appreciated.

#909 2 years ago

Striking a good balance between characters makes it more fun to play them as long they still afford some measure of variety. Otherwise, god forbid, you end up with cities on Kiss (I assuming the new code didn't change that). So far, so good with SW on that front.

3 weeks later
#1201 2 years ago

Interesting you have SW and Getaway literally side by side given the similar nature of the 'toy' on both.

1 week later
#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Added a small "mod" to my Premium. Trying to see if I can light it up with bright LED's from the backside if the Hyperspace loop is running.

That's cool. I'd like to see it on an LE.

1 month later
#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Do we know if midnight madness has been coded yet? And WHERE THE HELL IS THE R2D2 TOPPER???

The same place where the BM66 code is?

#1983 2 years ago

Try not to grow old waiting for it. My glass half empty guess is that it either never gets released or is a tin can with a couple lights.

2 weeks later
#2089 2 years ago

Haven't seen that post before.

2 weeks later
#2236 2 years ago

Look great!

#2240 2 years ago

I just played a SW Premium today. I had previously played the Pro. Although I only played a few games, I really loved it. It is a fun fast action packed game. The ramp (when it was up) blocked a few of my horseshoe shots but I was surprised how fast it dropped and it didn't really feel like it interrupted the flow. In my opinion, the hyper loop is a fun worthwhile addition that feels central to the game -- I hit it a few times and really enjoyed it as part of the experience. The video mode dodging asteroids was just so-so to me. I'd prefer the action to remain with the ball on the playfield, but its not terrible. I am absolutely considering buying one.

1 week later
#2311 2 years ago

How are owners feeling about SW at this point? I'm considering buying one. I have played a few games of both the Pro and the Premium, but I'm interested in hearing from folks that own it and have played it dozens or hundreds of times.

#2328 2 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys; it was good to hear some thoughts from actual owners of the game.

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

This weekend I worked on our SW Pro a bit by adding a Star Destroyer, two Tie Fighters, and three X-Wings. I think it filled out the playfield nicley and they really look like they are an extension of the back artwork IMHO.
Also added a lockbar plate I picked up from kapsreiter here and it looks great. Thanks again dude!

Which X-wings did you specifically use? I really like the positioning of them. Those are the best looking in terms of scale/size that looks nice and positioning that I have seen so far. I don't care for the positioning of the extra tie fighter right next to the death star as much, but looks good overall.

#2447 1 year ago

Would greatly appreciate some updated video with the latest code!

#2448 1 year ago

I’ll bet Star Wars climbs a couple spots in the top 100 rankings after this.

1 week later
#2550 1 year ago

Is that the smaller "Victory" ship or the same one (larger) used by ChipScott?

#2604 1 year ago

It would be helpful if you linked what you purchased for the convenience of others and then they can decide if they just want to resolve it themselves as well.

#2616 1 year ago

I found SW a lot easier and straightforward to understand than GB and some other Sterns after just a few plays, so I don't understand the "it's too complex" aspect.

#2617 1 year ago

There is someone that gave AFM a 2.5 star rating; you just can't put too much stock into the ratings. There are just people that are going to hate on a game no matter what.

3 weeks later
#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I tried to match up the X-Wing Fighter with the two Tie Fighters to reflect the backboard graphics...

Looks great! I was thinking of doing the same thing. Are those the hot wheels ships?

1 week later
#2938 1 year ago

Buy this one and mount it yourself. I've seen it in the local comic store for sale and it looks great; nicely detailed and not cheap looking IMO. Not sure what the vendors are using or lighting up. There is a nice looking example posted by ChipScott here on PinSide along with instructions on what wire to use.

amazon.com link »

EDIT: I attached one of ChipScott previously posted pics.
EDIT2: And, I believe he used the Boba Fett Slave 1 ship from the same series (seen in his picture)

d3961580b0c6f4144816b2ab5007f87ee0acd7f4 (resized).jpg

#2961 1 year ago

I'm not a huge fan of video modes just because video game consoles are so advanced that it makes any video mode on a pinball machine look like a video game from the 80's; kind of cute and nostalgic and they can be somewhat fun but I'm busy playing Battlefront 2 which is an immersive Star Wars video game experience that makes the asteroid video mode look kind of kitschy. I don't mind having the "Video Mode" but would agree with the general sentiment that it would be great to replace the Hoth 1 mode with an actual pinball experience... even if still asteroid related in terms of theme of the mode. Instead of dodging asteroids on the screen, I'd be good with trying to avoid asteroids on the playfield by having to make certain shots and avoiding others.

#2969 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I interpreted "tweaks and code polish" as something less than the addition of entirely new modes, more like adjustments to scoring imbalances and cleanup of any remaining bugs. Doesn't mean I won't be ecstatic if Dwight goes further and adds even more substance, of course! And since he's rumored to own the game, that's certainly a possibility. Just trying to manage my expectations, since SW already has deep and seemingly pretty much complete code.

Agreed. Most likely is minor polishing. However, we can "hope" for a little more and while the asteroid mode isn't bad (and could even be tweaked to be even better), everyone seems to agree it doesn't need to be in the game twice. I'm curious if that was their original plan or it just became a time saver to try to get to 1.0 and save some development effort. If it was the latter, I'd almost think that would make it more likely to still get swapped out eventually as they may have had some other idea they didn't have time to execute. If doubling up on the video mode was their plan all along, then I think it would take a lot of loud complaining by pinball fans/owners to get them to consider changing it and I'm not sure it hurts the game enough for people to complain that much or that loudly. Still, if Dwight does own the game and gets tired of the video mode, maybe we'll see an update in a year or two.

#2984 1 year ago

Check Star Wars posts by ChipScott

#2999 1 year ago

It is a space battle. Shots being fired and explosions.

#3074 1 year ago

Others have posted that the shaker is well used in SW and worth getting. However, to be clear, I don't have first hand knowledge.

2 weeks later
#3197 1 year ago

Not a fan of mixing ships and action figures that are of a completely different scale, but I have liked the addition of a Star Destroyer on most all of the games I have seen. Everyone has their own preferences. I have enjoyed seeing pics of the mods and seeing ideas with each that I may want to mimic.

#3206 1 year ago

You can adjust the mechanical aspects of the plunger mechanism to get a stronger or weaker plunge or make it more consistent. Some of us with AV had to learn this. Fairly minor tweaking can make a big difference in how the ball is struck and plunged.

#3214 1 year ago

I became an expert tweaker with AVLE. No future game shall intimidate me!

However, AVLE pretty much has stayed dialed in. Is SW so finicky it is just constantly needing adjusting on an ongoing basis?

#3303 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I went with the Imperial since that is the one in the game and on artwork. The victory looks good too just slightly smaller.

Go with the Imperial. It looks more like the Star Destroyer in the opening scene of the original movie. Plus, it is bigger and more impressive looking.

#3304 1 year ago
Quoted from Alby:

I did the same and must say I'm very happy with the way my SW Pro is looking now.

I like how you mounted the fighters to the spotlights; not sure how it looks in person but seems good in your pics.

1 week later
#3487 1 year ago

Cool R2D2. I see an opening at the top - Is it a beverage cooler? Trash can?

EDIT: I'm guessing beverage cooler based on the Pepsi logo at the bottom. Cool; yours looks mint. Some not as nice one's available on eBay. Nice score in having a good one.

1 week later
#3648 1 year ago

The only reason I’m excited for the topper is if they have been holding onto a more significant code update pending the topper being released that further supports it.

The most recent update basically fixed one bug and called it a day.

EDIT: Of course, if it is like GOTG's topper, it will just turn off during gameplay and do nothing.

#3695 1 year ago

The red certainly looks great on the Pro

#3760 1 year ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I completely agree. I appreciate the work that went into them, but the end product just doesn't cut it. Not even close. They looks completely out of place and awkward and don't even remotely blend into the game. Sorry creator, sometimes we swing and miss and sometimes we hit a homerun. These are the former IMO.

I like the concept and appreciate the effort but agree that the designs and placement feel a bit incongruent with the game. I greatly prefer some of the space ship mods using the Armada Star Destroyer which looks great in the right rear corner as several have posted and tasteful additions of X-wings and Tie Fighters either from the miniatures game, hot wheels, etc.

#3774 1 year ago

I like it too. Good job!

#3777 1 year ago

Ok, you kind of lost me with the tiny star destroyer. Ick. I thought the x-wing and tie fighter were good and like that you made them movie accurate.

#3782 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I like the tie fighter and xwing in the back. dnapac has a good idea with the star destroyer. It looks kind of silly near the other ships, due to its scale.

I agree with this also. Try putting the star destroyer closer to the Death Star and see how it looks. Alternatively, consider upsizing to the larger Armada Star Destroyers which looks really good in the pics I've seen. Enjoy your game! Ultimately it only matters what you like but sometimes other opinions are helpful.

#3784 1 year ago

Lol. Then it’s 2 for 1 and you blow up both!

#3788 1 year ago

How do you order these?

#3860 1 year ago

Are there any non-homemade toppers available for Star Wars? I haven’t found a single one that is currently available. I realize the Stern one should be released eventually, but it seems like a major miss by other vendors if there have been none.

#3867 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The probably don’t want a C&D letter from Stern. Or Disney. Disney takes that stuff seriously.

There are plenty of topper ideas that wouldn’t infringe just like there are lots of side art ideas or playfield mods that work. For a topper, incorporating light sabers or incorporate existing figures or ships that are licensed— just like modding a M.Falcon for the playfield — could be done.

#4012 1 year ago

They do look good but for the price I plan on setting up "real" lightsabers (the nice FX sabers).

1 week later
#4096 1 year ago

Has anyone put these on their game? I'd like to see a picture on a real game if anyone can provide a picture. Also, any thoughts/opinions on them?

Star Wars Stern Hyperdrive – Pinball SideBlades

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/star-wars-stern-hyperdrive-pinball-sideblades/

star-wars-stern-hyperdrive-pinball-side-blades-inside-art-sideboard (resized).jpg

#4100 1 year ago
Quoted from Jgel:

I got mine with mirrors installed and they look great.

I already have mirrors on my POTC. I like them fine, but frankly don't need more on other games. Prefer to have each machine standout and be a bit different, so I'm looking to try something else on SW.

#4154 1 year ago

13 days (or less) until a code update. Expectations are low for the update, but hopefully there will be a little positive surprise.

#4160 1 year ago

What’s the strategy for how do you complete outlanes 3x each? Do it during some other Multiball? During ball save?

#4168 1 year ago

10 days or less until code update.

#4177 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

we have an actual date on this?

Stern's April newsletter said "April". I'm assuming that means the 30th. Of course, they might not deliver at all. I'm being sarcastically optimistic by assuming it will be the last day of the month.

#4178 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Wish there were 2 or more different video modes.
Oh and I'm hoping for more character videos at the end of a ball instead of just Yoda EVERY time.
And I know I'm a broken record here...but... where the F is the topper??

We saw the cardboard version from the China show. Based on that, it's an RD-D2 Head. Probably beeps; lights up; maybe the head turns. Hopefully does that while the game is actually playing -- unlike GOTG which only lights up during attract mode.

#4197 1 year ago

Don't need another video mode anyway, but like others, I would prefer if the Hoth mode was different than video mode. If having the two be the same was the original intent, I guess I'd be a little surprised. Why duplicate? Seemed like a bit of a cheat by Stern to get code done. Better than missing a mode, but duplicative.

#4218 1 year ago

Will Stern squeak under the deadline of getting a code update out this month? We're down to 2-1/2 business days left in the month. I stopped following GOTG -- did it get a code update this month? It was listed in the newsletter as well I believe.

#4229 1 year ago
Quoted from genex:

I've been beta testing and there's some squirrely bugs that Stern is working to stomp out. So far the next rev is looking good and I like the things that are being tweaked/fixed... not sure on timing but it's more important that things get completed than sent out just to beat a deadline IMHO FWIW

Thanks for sharing. Of course, its nice if timelines are achieved but I'd rather that it work right.

#4256 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Modding this game can be a ton of fun too. I added some mods with how I managed to do it, and you can check those posts 2512, 2532, 2533 and 2540 for ideas on how-to's. Once you're finished post your pics!

Yours is still one of my favorites. Well done. I've seen a couple others that did a couple things differently that I liked as well. I may try to combo what I like from my 2 or 3 favorites.

#4265 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Nobody else seems to have added the imperial shuttle. Personally I think it looks friggin' awesome! Was such an iconic moment to my young eyes when I saw it drop from the Star Destroyer in the beginning of Jedi.

I thought about adding the Star Wars miniatures version. I'd probably like it better on your machine if it wasn't smooshed in between the Death Star and Star Destroyer. Not that everything is to scale anyway, but it just doesn't work for me visually.

#4274 1 year ago

It's amazing how slowly some of this stuff is coming out. It's amazing they got the game done at all.

#4277 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I get that. But I kind of like my bad guys at the back and good guys up front (X-wing and Y-wing on the drains) look. Like they are coming at each other. But I'll never take down my Imperial Shuttle. My son and I love it too much!!!

I'm glad you and your son love it. That's the most important thing. I should get my SW premium this weekend and I'm pretty excited about it. Part of the fun will be to add a few tasteful items just like you did.

#4285 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Why the hell would they design it like that?

That will be easy to take a pass on.

#4288 1 year ago

The Modfather Stormtrooper and Dart Vader shooters look promising. I think they face out instead of up/down.

Edit: Although the Modfather stormtrooper design is from the wrong movies I believe, so I’d go with Darth Vader.

#4318 1 year ago

Ha ha. You guys are so weird. Makes it fun.

#4417 1 year ago

There was a nicely modded one that sold for $4800 on here. I would say that was a bit low. I tried to hop on it too late. I think the appropriate asking price is $5,000 plus or minus $100 depending on how firm a price you want to go with vs. having a little wiggle room. You could ask a bit higher but I suspect it will sit for awhile since they are readily available new and there are a few available on Pinside -- look at their prices/descriptions if you haven't already.

#4425 1 year ago

Having looked, there are no 3rd party toppers for Stern Star Wars which continues to surprise me given the lack of ANY topper. Licensing shouldn’t be the issue; there's side art and plenty of other items available.

#4437 1 year ago

Stern toppers have been nice looking but short on functional interaction. My expectations aren’t high on R2D2 doing a lot of cool interaction, although that’s what would sell me on it. Otherwise I’ll just create my own topper since nothing else is available.

#4450 1 year ago

Enjoy! I'm picking mine up Saturday locally from a private seller. Looking forward to it!

#4503 1 year ago

Looks like a solid polishing code update. I get my game Saturday, so I’ll need to update immediately.

#4504 1 year ago

Delete

#4524 1 year ago

Even better than Dead Flips code would be midnight madness being re-inserted again sometime down the road!

#4558 1 year ago

Could someone please lift their playfield and take a good quality photo of the underneath side of the mission and character inserts area and post here. I just got a SW Premium and 3 of the cable harness connectors are disconnected (see pic). I presume this is why a few of the inserts are not lighting up including the character inserts. There are enough open connectors that I'm not 100% sure which wire harness connector goes to which board connector. They all appear to have the same pin count, so I'd like to get it right. I'm trying to contact the former owner to ensure there isn't some reason they were disconnected -- my bad for not catching it. Hard to imagine it came from Stern like this.

IMG_5534 (resized).JPG

#4569 1 year ago

Thank you. Really appreciate it. That helped!

1 week later
#4686 1 year ago

Super wizard mode would be cool, but... I'd never see it. I'd rather they spend any remaining time they invest in adding additional cut scenes to randomly mix in with Yoda, add Midnight Madness back in, or some other little bits and pieces of video, sound, or code tweaking that normal human beings can enjoy. I'm not sure if the game will get any more love from Stern but it was a major title and license so there is always hope it could see something more down the road.

#4707 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

New patch is good, but I've pretty much retired it and listed my pro on the market. Had to put a deposit down on IMDN Premium after playing the Pro. Still had a blast with SW for the past 11 months.

That's one reason why I think it's better to buy the game about a year after it comes out. You can see how the code matures before you get it and enjoy the game in its prime with it still being fresh. I just got my SW Premium a couple days after the 1.03 code came out. I'm loving the game -- what an adrenaline rush.

#4710 1 year ago

I did something a little different on my game. I added some Tie Fighters chasing the Falcon through the asteroid field like in the Empire Strikes Back movie. Asteroids tend to look better in person, but I thought I'd share the idea for those that like to mod. I'm still playing around with it but this will give you the basic idea. I also added the Star Destroy and Slave 1. I like the Star Destroyer. I'm still playing around with the Slave 1 and how to balance the right side of the playfield a bit more.

file-1 (resized).jpeg
file1-1 (resized).jpeg

#4723 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

When I ask sellers why they are offloading its usually replied with "The game is just too bare"..
Tron is also bare but everyones loves it.
I'd rather ask experienced owners/players who have had their game for awhile their thoughts.

The Premium is not bare. The hyperspace loop adds a lot to the game both physically and in terms of game playing experience. Sure, I added some spaceships to the game to dress it up a bit since there are some very high quality ones available, but I wouldn't have counted the Premium version as bare. I think SW is a ton of fun to play and it gives me an adrenaline rush. Even when playing badly, I want to try one more time. Like any game, there are fans and haters.

I do like IMDN and think it is a lot of fun to play; I don't care for the theme so I won't buy it but I'll certainly play it anywhere I find it.

#4799 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I did something a little different on my game. I added some Tie Fighters chasing the Falcon through the asteroid field like in the Empire Strikes Back movie. Asteroids tend to look better in person, but I thought I'd share the idea for those that like to mod. I'm still playing around with it but this will give you the basic idea. I also added the Star Destroy and Slave 1. I like the Star Destroyer. I'm still playing around with the Slave 1 and how to balance the right side of the playfield a bit more.

A couple asked me what I used:

Asteroids:
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/star-trek-asteroids?variant=13153292100

Tie Fighters:
amazon.com link »

Imperial Star Destroyer:
amazon.com link »

Slave 1:
amazon.com link »

To mount the ships, I used aluminum rod which was very easy to bend and cut.

40af8eb97ac04cb6c8c998e08cbf4bc03e8bb617.jpeg (resized).jpg53faeb8e4da01b58dcc67ba07245980e1429326d.jpeg (resized).jpg
#4853 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The playfeild on the pro and premium are the same on that side of the playfeild near the drops and since the pro has the post and the premiums do not that tells me that it should have been their on the premiums from the get go. I was warming up to this pin but now I am as cold as ice. Unless I can find a used premium with the post added from a ingenious pinsider.

The Pro was upgraded to have the drop targets. I believe the story was that the playfield art/design already had the posts/holes and they remained. They had the opportunity to reflect the use of the drop targets on the Premium and eliminated the posts as they were considered unnecessary. Ritchie specifically told Premium/LE owners to NOT add posts; they are not needed. I believe that essentially reflects the storyline around it. Whether people agree or disagree with the design choice, the Premium/LE purposely excluded them.

#4854 1 year ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi guys , I’m pretty sure this is the next game the premium , I’m getting but I have questions! Yes I have played the game and liked. I haven’t gotten to far.
1)
Is code complete enough? Not a fan of hoping it gets done. I have X-men and a gb still waiting.
2) does hyper loop get used enough?
I really think it’s cool. And have seen where a good idea just doesn’t really get used. Thanks so much in advance.
Bart

I'm not a very good player and the hyper loop gets plenty of action. My high score is 1.3 billion so far. The shot is lit often enough that it will be active unless you suck more than average.

#4860 1 year ago

Thanks for posting... yet I don't want to watch it; I want to discover it for myself.

#4888 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

The June Stern of the Union Address didn't offer much on Star Wars..."will make a formal announcement once the topper is available."

That seems like more pessimistic language -- no "coming soon", etc.

2 months later
#5483 1 year ago

All the defects give good reason to buy used locally. See what you are buying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lorton, VA
$ 218.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbanthony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside