IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #902 New LE/Premium Code readme - v0.89 Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #903 New Pro Code V0.89 ready Posted by NeilMcRae (6 years ago)

Post #3340 How to adjust the ball guide to mitigate drains. Posted by Schwaggs (6 years ago)

Post #4911 Summary of shots needed for modes. Posted by Hoochoo (5 years ago)

Post #12080 Upgraded coil stops Posted by Crispy77 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stenbough.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6705 5 years ago

I bought my first pin yesterday- a gently used Star Wars Premium. I'm really digging everything about this game. I've put in about 40 games or so and got to the final Death Star mission twice with R2D2. My ball times are starting to get a lot longer as I'm controlling the ball vs smacking it around at all the flashing lights. Contrary to what a lot of people are saying about the premium Death Star shot, I'm finding it to not be so bad. I actually find it's easier to hit from the left flipper instead of the right. Maybe it's because I'm still trying to find the angles and the left shot is more aligned with the ramp. And that hyperspace rail around the top... it's so satisfying to watch that I wish it went around a few more times for fun! Well, that's it for now... I have a lot of pages to read and this Death Star to destroy. The fate of the galaxy rests in my hands!

And no the ceiling of my game room isn't THAT low... just where the vent runs through. It's not very cramped when you step back and look at it.

57421963740__38E9B9B6-87EF-4843-9C68-A3627B3482F9 (resized).jpeg57421963740__38E9B9B6-87EF-4843-9C68-A3627B3482F9 (resized).jpeg
#6708 5 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Congratulations on the premium. A great choice I think. I am putting some new mods in mine at the moment but I think I will post a few photos when I get done(It's pretty pimped out with upgrades & mods). I still need to get a digital level to adjust playfield angle. I can't make the D.S. with left flipper. I think mine is too steep.

I think the iPhone has an app to tell pitch. Might be worth looking into for a quick fix.

Quoted from Ricochet:

Congrats !!! I’m a huge fan of the “gently used” purchase. The hobby is pretty saturated with buyers and manufacturers so there are tons of quick turns. As long as the hobby has a nice selection of “gently used” inventory ... I won’t be buying NIB for a long time.
Kinda wish I’d picked up a premium... maybe some day I’ll sell my pro and upgrade.

Yeh! This machine was built October 2018 and I got it for less than new. I went back and forth about the pro and premium. Reading complaints about the Death Star ramp and hyperspace issues made me nervous. I’m glad I didn’t let that sway my decision because it really is fun to watch.

#6711 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That's the Pro translite, BTW. Enjoy the machine!

I got both the pro and premium translite with the purchase. I personally think the pro looks better. The original owner even had the pro translite signed by Steve Richie.

#6722 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Totally stoked opening NIB and 2nd ball of 2nd game this happens. I've not really played this game and at first thought it was part of the game like the exploding Death Star, lol.
Anyway after inspecting tie fighter the wing seems about as durable as a potato chip. Has anyone come up with a more durable tie fighter swap out? Looks pretty straight forward. Thanks.

Wow, that’s too bad. I haven’t really messed around inside the glass but I can’t believe it’s that brittle. Seems like something Stern should cover with so little plays on a NIB game. Good luck.

Quoted from Demwyn:

I installed this plastic to prevent those airballs:
https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-airball-protector?variant=5941824192541
Seems that the version for premium/le is currently out of stock.
Manufacturer is Pinball Universe in Germany. I dont know, if they ship directly to the US.

Thanks for this. It’s going to be my next mod when they get it back in stock.

#6762 5 years ago

Help! My new pinball machine is acting funny and I haven't got a clue what it could be. The right slingshot will occasionally activate multiple times when being hit (and sometimes spontaneously even when it's not hit). There is also a buzzing/whirring sound in the cabinet that wasn't there before. I have 2 videos that show these problems off. Hopefully someone will know what's going on so I can get back to saving the galaxy.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhZsGGlO93dMzl2NVYGciHouJYna

I'm hoping it's not a big repair and something simple but this is my first machine so I don't have a clue.

EDIT: The buzzing sound MAY be coming from the right slingshot or maybe even the auto plunger. It's hard to tell.

#6764 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Rapid firing slingshot usually means one of the switches is adjusted a bit too close together. Sometimes a new rubber can also help.
Buzzing sounds like a speaker to me. Does anything happen if you turn down the volume?

The buzzing continues with the sound off. It almost sounds like an electric current. When I go into the menu, the buzzing stops after a few seconds.

#6766 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Rapid firing slingshot usually means one of the switches is adjusted a bit too close together. Sometimes a new rubber can also help.
Buzzing sounds like a speaker to me. Does anything happen if you turn down the volume?

Ok, I’ve located the buzzing sound. It’s coming from the light escape mechanism when it’s open.

#6769 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Check out this post regarding escape mech. Talks about a gear binding and how to loosen and retighten:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/97#post-4432011

Thanks for your help. The light escape gate assembly looked good so I focused on the coil. I unscrewed the coil assembly, took a look at it, fired it once in my hand and screwed it back on. Now the noise has mostly disappeared and can not be heard with the cabinet closed up and the game sound on. I wonder if the buzzing is normal when the escape is lit?

Anyways, the problem seems to have resolved. Now I just need to make those adjustments on the slingshot and I’ll be good to go.

#6770 5 years ago

Extra art blades for sale. PM me if interested. $65 for 2, shipped.

DEE9C6F0-2150-451F-94F4-1F040AE6B4E4 (resized).jpegDEE9C6F0-2150-451F-94F4-1F040AE6B4E4 (resized).jpeg

EDIT: The Han Solo and Princess Leia blades are sold. The middle 2 are left.

#6773 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

My pro started doing that after I replaced the rubber. I just pushed the left contacts apart a little bit more and it solved the issue. Easy enough fix

Super easy. I feel stupid that I asked about it now that I realized it’s a common problem with an easy fix. Ah well, first pin growing pains

#6780 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I joined the club to today with an LE. Looking forward to the game. Loved it when I play it on location. So fast and fun. Is there a good place to learn the rules as I wait for my game. I know this is a deep game.

Congrats!

http://tiltforums.com/t/star-wars-stern-rulesheet/2812

This is the only #star-wars-stern-le ruleset I've found but it's really good. I'm also a new #star-wars-stern-le owner and it helped me a lot. It's deep but once you start playing it all starts making sense. After a week of playing I'm comfortable teaching it to friends.

Btw- hitting the hyperspace never gets old!

1 week later
#6793 5 years ago

A question for premium/LE owners:

When you hit the hyperspace hurryup by shooting the left orbit and the ball whips around to the right flipper and then you immediately shoot the DS, does it get rejected/fall back out? I can’t tell if the speed of the ball is launching the ball too quickly up the ramp and it’s hitting the bottom of the habitrail or if the accelerators haven’t fully engaged and it’s falling back out instead of being grabbed and sent forward..

The reason why I think it may be a mechanical timing thing vs interference with the habitrail is because if the hurryup times out on my LCD, I still have a second or 2 to hit the Death Star for a hyperspace hurryup and it will still give it to me.

Man I still love this game even with these quirks.

#6795 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Wow! You’re way better than me. I’ve never been able to do this. Ball is moving too fast for me...and I would guess the speed is the problem, but I don’t think it would be the accelerators not kicking in fast enough...they are almost instant.

I can’t do it every time but when it gets rejected it’s disapointing because this game is all about flow. When you hit shots back-to-back-back it’s exhilarating.

I just tested the accelerator by taking off the glass and running the ball through with my hand. It’s definitely the speed of the ball leaping off the ramp into the bottom of the habittrail. I adjusted it a smidge higher to see if that helps.

EDIT: Ha! That was it! I just hit the Death Star off an orbit shot and it went right into hyperspace. Seems my habittrail just needed a minor adjustment.

#6801 5 years ago

First off, congrats! I’m a fairly new owner and having a blast playing this game as well. It feels like an awesome adventure every time it gets turned on.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Seems like the mystery hold tends to release it into the drain as does the hold from under the Death Star.

Try adjusting the power of the mystery release in the menu. The ball should be coming out and hitting the left flipper. Also, the DS ball release should also be dropping down onto the left flipper. Not sure, other than maybe a leveling issue, why it would be draining down the middle.

#6808 5 years ago

The pinball gods were watching over me this morning! It was the first time I cracked open the Death Star (Battle Over Endor) and my first Victory Multiball since owning the table. I also got 2 balls into the hyperspace loop with almost a third. Without a doubt the coolest feeling any arcade machine has ever given me!

The best part was my daughter got to see it all happen. Whoooo!

#6810 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

My win-loss record is 1-1 on battles with the emperor. The first time I faced him a few months ago I won! This past weekend, he kicked my butt. Still, was glad to get to him again. I've only gotten that far twice in 18 months.

That’s awesome. I can’t imagine the adrenaline going through your body during the end battle in a game like this.

I’m not sure I’ll ever be good enough to face Emperor Palpatine but it won’t stop me from trying.

#6817 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Is the pro edition good on this or premium the way to go? Really could only afford the pro, and if its not missing to much would be ok with me, and I am not much a star wars fan.

I have only played a pro on location but the questions you’d have to ask yourself are: Is the exploding Death Star, hyperspace loop, cabinet/translite artwork and metal habitrails worth the extra money to you? All versions of the machine play mostly the same except for the left inner loop “Death Star” shot.

As a Star Wars fan, the extras that the premium had over the pro were worth it to me. The hyperspace loop is so cool! With that said, I think the biggest reasons I love playing it are the sounds, light show and LCD integration... and these are the same across all models.

#6862 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

This game is one of the most fun and frustrating games i have played. Im not sure if my slope is to big, but it bothers me that i cant backhand up the hyperloop, i can never seem to hit the orbits or the right ramp.

Me too! It’s most frustrating because it’s not an accuracy problem; it’s a power issue. There’s just not enough to backhand it up the DS fork ramp without it coming back out. The right ramp is actually easy to backhand once you nail the timing down. There’s enough power to send it up and around. I also suck at orbit shots.

1 week later
#6900 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does anyone else have any fixes for the DS shot?

I think raising or lowering the habitrail at the Death Star opening is all that needs to be adjusted if it's hitting the wireform and kicking back out (or not orbiting the habitrail during hyperspace). I'm fairly certain the shot cannot be backhanded with the left flipper from a cradled position. If there is enough speed on the pinball hitting against the left flipper it's possible. At least on my table, I can only get the ball into the hyperspace habitrail from the right flipper.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Such a fun table and soooo underrated.

Star Wars fans are very passionate about the franchise, to a fault. Anything Star Wars gets nitpicked to death. The table is difficult and could probably use a few more toys to look at but the fun factor is a 10 for the excellent theme integration and diverse modes. The sounds and light show are perfect.

#6904 5 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I am able to backhand the DS shot from the left flipper after cradling on my premium consistently. Play field is level and at 6.5 degrees.

Interesting... did you change anything from stock (flipper bands)? My table is at 6.5 and it rolls back out if I try to backhand it from cradling.

#6905 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I also can backhand the DS shot. If you can BH the left orbit and not the DS, then something is out of wack.

I can backhand the left orbit but it lacks the power to get up the fork ramp on a Death Star BH. When the fork ramp is down, however, I can BH the left inner loop all day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stenbough.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you?tu=stenbough and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.